One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
What to do if faced with a threat - non-violent techniques
Page <<first <prev 4 of 5 next>
Apr 7, 2021 22:08:32   #
JFlorio Loc: Seminole Florida
 
moldyoldy wrote:
We saw the cartel chasers at the border.


You cannot defend the indefensible anymore so you deflect. Think you’re clever but the rest of us see you as a dipsh**.

Apr 7, 2021 22:18:30   #
Mikeyavelli
 
BigMike wrote:
He argues in circles.


Like Jan Psicki

Apr 7, 2021 23:15:58   #
RandyBrian
 
Hug wrote:
If you don't have any kids in the house, keep gun loaded. and off safety. If carrying on person, keep loaded and off safety. Personally, I like single actions.


I have a 1911 that I carry in a OWB holster on my hip. It is cocked with safety on, but I train regularly so that flipping the safely to off is automatic when I draw the weapon. I have to THINK to draw it without releasing the safety. I carry it everywhere I legally can, including in my home. It never goes in a safe because it is always on my hip or holstered next to my bed. I do this because it is the ONLY way I know to make certain it is not found by a guest or one of my grandchildren, and to make sure it is not stolen. Safety FIRST, and that means always in my complete control. I conceal it with a light overshirt, and have never had anyone mention that they noticed it.

 
 
Apr 7, 2021 23:25:47   #
FallenOak Loc: St George Utah
 
Mikeyavelli wrote:
Yep, nothing an intruder understands better than a .45 slug in the gut. Aim for the crotch, you'll hit him in the heart.


I have advocated that for a long time. Castrate the bad guys and they cannot breed more like themselves and will be doomed to disappear. I am certain there are many farmers who will be glad to get out their castrating knives to help with the program. I once advocated using an elastrator band but that can be removed so I think the best way is with a blade. I also used a medication called Wound Coat on the cut which was very good in that I seldom lost an animal.

Apr 7, 2021 23:34:45   #
BigMike Loc: yerington nv
 
FallenOak wrote:
I have advocated that for a long time. Castrate the bad guys and they cannot breed more like themselves and will be doomed to disappear. I am certain there are many farmers who will be glad to get out their castrating knives to help with the program. I once advocated using an elastrator band but that can be removed so I think the best way is with a blade. I also used a medication called Wound Coat on the cut which was very good in that I seldom lost an animal.


I've castrated a few hogs in my time. They'd squeal bloody murder as they were being caught; get real quiet during the procedure, which took just a couple of seconds; put a little coal tar on the wound and they'd go back to eating like nothing happened. Weird creatures!

Apr 7, 2021 23:36:28   #
BigMike Loc: yerington nv
 
moldyoldy wrote:
Some of this crap is ridiculous. You need this to get a sandwich?


This, to you, is intelligent? A photo-shopped pic and some idiot's little opinion meme.

Brilliant dude...just brilliant.

Apr 7, 2021 23:46:56   #
RandyBrian
 
Mikeyavelli wrote:
I agree, but I had round go off once...so I am more unprepared to fire, but I practice to be very fast in pulling the slide.


I agree with you, Mike. It is only dumb if you do not find a way to carry your weapon that is both safe for you and your family, and that you are comfortable with. That is going to be different from person to person. Practice Practice and Practice! A firearm is DANGEROUS by intent, and should be treated with respect.

 
 
Apr 7, 2021 23:54:22   #
RandyBrian
 
moldyoldy wrote:
We saw the cartel chasers at the border.


Good ole Moldy. He is nothing if not predictable. When he can't argue (which is almost always) he simply tries to deflect. Bob is better at it.

Apr 8, 2021 01:43:33   #
moldyoldy
 
JFlorio wrote:
You cannot defend the indefensible anymore so you deflect. Think you’re clever but the rest of us see you as a dipsh**.


Just replying to another’s comment. I know you can not follow, so maybe you should just comment on answers directed to you.

Apr 8, 2021 08:05:46   #
valkyrierider Loc: Florida "Land of Trump"
 
Mikeyavelli wrote:
I agree, but I had round go off once...so I am more unprepared to fire, but I practice to be very fast in pulling the slide.


That will work.

Apr 8, 2021 08:52:28   #
Mikeyavelli
 
valkyrierider wrote:
That will work.


It better work, I'm betting my life on it.

 
 
Apr 8, 2021 09:00:45   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
moldyoldy wrote:
The US has more guns than people so we should be completely safe from crime according to your thinking.


But we aren’t, therefore the need for more weapons... And its only getting worse with these groups of rioters, attacking the innocent or burning down businesses, or threatening to kill you etc..Or getting onto your property to trash it while screaming slurs of racism etcetcetc..

The increase of crime this past year staggering tells you to be on guard...

Apr 8, 2021 09:09:11   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
Sonny Magoo wrote:
I AM completely safe from crime.
So, are my brothers.
Crime is for VICTIMS. Powerless victims.
I have Sam Colt's legendary legacy:

"Abe Lincoln may have freed all men, but Sam Colt made them equal."


👏🏻👏🏻

Apr 8, 2021 09:38:47   #
moldyoldy
 
lindajoy wrote:
But we aren’t, therefore the need for more weapons... And its only getting worse with these groups of rioters, attacking the innocent or burning down businesses, or threatening to kill you etc..Or getting onto your property to trash it while screaming slurs of racism etcetcetc..

The increase of crime this past year staggering tells you to be on guard...



Every time someone claims that they are coming to get your guns, gun sales go up. It must be the same people buying more guns over and over. You only have two hands to shoot with. Unless you have a secure bunker, you are not likely to last long enough to have a siege.

Apr 8, 2021 10:02:03   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
moldyoldy wrote:
Every time someone claims that they are coming to get your guns, gun sales go up. It must be the same people buying more guns over and over. You only have two hands to shoot with. Unless you have a secure bunker, you are not likely to last long enough to have a siege.


I know isn’t that great!! They help make more people aware of their need to have a weapon before there gone... I love it!!!

Two hands and very good guns that shoot more than one bullet...

Page <<first <prev 4 of 5 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.