One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Thoughts - Only racism can defeat racism???
Page: <<prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 next>>
Feb 22, 2021 16:22:36   #
bylm1-Bernie
 
moldyoldy wrote:
That’s the kind of BS you are fed.

https://educationdata.org/student-loan-debt-by-race


Speaking of BS, those data that you posted are a statistical nightmare. There are numerous examples of non-parallel stats that can be very misleading. In one case it mentions that 50% of white students use student loans. Then it states that 55% of black students use student loans to pay off tuition or student costs. These may be not exactly the way they are worded but close enough to illustrate my point. There are several stats that do not correct for, or do not mention the difference in numbers of students of various races. I don't know why you would use this to fortify your point. It is totally worthless. It's kind of like saying, "Although the Sun is hotter than the Moon, it is farther away."

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 16:46:41   #
moldyoldy
 
bylm1-Bernie wrote:
Speaking of BS, those data that you posted are a statistical nightmare. There are numerous examples of non-parallel stats that can be very misleading. In one case it mentions that 50% of white students use student loans. Then it states that 55% of black students use student loans to pay off tuition or student costs. These may be not exactly the way they are worded but close enough to illustrate my point. There are several stats that do not correct for, or do not mention the difference in numbers of students of various races. I don't know why you would use this to fortify your point. It is totally worthless. It's kind of like saying, "Although the Sun is hotter than the Moon, it is farther away."
Speaking of BS, those data that you posted are a s... (show quote)


The percentages are close, showing that six Blacks got student loans and forty Whites got loans approximately. But the percentage shows that based on population Blacks take out education loans slightly more than whites.

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 16:52:37   #
bylm1-Bernie
 
moldyoldy wrote:
The percentages are close, showing that six Blacks got student loans and forty Whites got loans approximately. But the percentage shows that based on population Blacks take out education loans slightly more than whites.


When I have more time, I'll try to be more definitive about the problems with it. Right now my wife is saying I've got to get ready to go to dinner. 25% capacity you know. And masks.

| Reply
 
 
Feb 22, 2021 17:01:47   #
crazylibertarian Loc: Florida by way of NYC & Rhode Island
 
And oh yes, moldyoldy, did you ever ask why white people are afraid to go into black neighborhoods to shop? Malcolm X noted it, and so did Walter Williams and Thomas Sowell. I experienced it in Philadelphia.

Why do African born blacks prosper while American borns trail them?

I used to think you might be a more reasonable liberal. Thank you for disabusing me of that notion. When push comes to shove, you are just another liberal nursing a grudge against this country.

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 17:52:04   #
moldyoldy
 
crazylibertarian wrote:
And oh yes, moldyoldy, did you ever ask why white people are afraid to go into black neighborhoods to shop? Malcolm X noted it, and so did Walter Williams and Thomas Sowell. I experienced it in Philadelphia.

Why do African born blacks prosper while American borns trail them?

I used to think you might be a more reasonable liberal. Thank you for disabusing me of that notion. When push comes to shove, you are just another liberal nursing a grudge against this country.


US Blacks found fame in Europe. They were not allowed to show their talent here. While foreign born Blacks were accepted here like Sidney Poitier or Harry Belafonte.



| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 18:29:10   #
crazylibertarian Loc: Florida by way of NYC & Rhode Island
 
moldyoldy wrote:
US Blacks found fame in Europe. They were not allowed to show their talent here. While foreign born Blacks were accepted here like Sidney Poitier or Harry Belafonte.




Oh, that's right, moldyoldy. I forgot about that. Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald, Count Basie, Nat 'King' Cole, Sarah Vaughan, The Ink Spots, Andre Watts, Scott Joplin, Stepin Fetchit were not allowed to show their talent here. Thank you so much for enlightening me. How silly of me to think otherwise.


| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 18:50:12   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
son of witless wrote:
I watched a comedy show late at night 20 or more years ago. An hour long show with Black comedians in front of a Black audience. In those 60 minutes the N word was used 30 or 40 times and the audience was laughing and rolling in the aisles.

I thought about the fact that if you or I had used that word we would be severely punished. Now either the word is offensive or it is not. There is a basic hypocrisy built into the use of the word and the left seems oblivious to their own pretense.


The word is offensive... But that shouldn't stop us from using it in proper situations...

| Reply
 
 
Feb 22, 2021 18:52:18   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
moldyoldy wrote:
The percentages are close, showing that six Blacks got student loans and forty Whites got loans approximately. But the percentage shows that based on population Blacks take out education loans slightly more than whites.


Slightly more

Protest! Burn! Loot! Reparations!

Wez waz kangz!!!!

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 18:56:49   #
moldyoldy
 
crazylibertarian wrote:
Oh, that's right, moldyoldy. I forgot about that. Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald, Count Basie, Nat 'King' Cole, Sarah Vaughan, The Ink Spots, Andre Watts, Scott Joplin, Stepin Fetchit were not allowed to show their talent here. Thank you so much for enlightening me. How silly of me to think otherwise.

Oh, that's right, moldyoldy. I forgot about that.... (show quote)


White people had to go to harlem to hear them, cole eventually got a tv show.

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 19:20:55   #
Iliamna1
 
My uncle was Jack Teagarden, the trombone player, a white jazz musician of the 30's and 40's. He was told about a black trumpet player, named Louis Armstrong, or 'Satchmo." He went to hear him and the two travelled all over the United States and Europe together, and even made some records together before Armstrong went it alone. But my uncle refused to eat at any restaurant that refused seating for Louis Armstrong or to stay at any hotel that didn't accept him - anywhere they travelled. Uncle Jack ended up going to southeast Asia and gained considerable popularity there at the time. One of my earliest memories was going to uncle Jack's house in Beverly Hills (I was about 3 then) and Satchmo would bounce us on his lap. He and his wife loved children but, sadly, didn't have any of their own. I was to young to realize who or what he was, but I still remember him and the rest of the group 'jamming' together and how loudly he could laugh. In the end, Armstrong gained greater fame and wealth than uncle uncle Jack did here in the United States. How many of you out there on OPP remember Jack Teagarden? But I'll bet we all remember Louis /armstrong, aka "Satchmo."

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 19:37:44   #
crazylibertarian Loc: Florida by way of NYC & Rhode Island
 
moldyoldy wrote:
White people had to go to harlem to hear them,


Not true.



cole eventually got a tv show.


My family used to watch it.



But what does all that prove?


I want to cease this exchange.

| Reply
 
 
Feb 22, 2021 19:39:34   #
moldyoldy
 
Iliamna1 wrote:
My uncle was Jack Teagarden, the trombone player, a white jazz musician of the 30's and 40's. He was told about a black trumpet player, named Louis Armstrong, or 'Satchmo." He went to hear him and the two travelled all over the United States and Europe together, and even made some records together before Armstrong went it alone. But my uncle refused to eat at any restaurant that refused seating for Louis Armstrong or to stay at any hotel that didn't accept him - anywhere they travelled. Uncle Jack ended up going to southeast Asia and gained considerable popularity there at the time. One of my earliest memories was going to uncle Jack's house in Beverly Hills (I was about 3 then) and Satchmo would bounce us on his lap. He and his wife loved children but, sadly, didn't have any of their own. I was to young to realize who or what he was, but I still remember him and the rest of the group 'jamming' together and how loudly he could laugh. In the end, Armstrong gained greater fame and wealth than uncle uncle Jack did here in the United States. How many of you out there on OPP remember Jack Teagarden? But I'll bet we all remember Louis /armstrong, aka "Satchmo."
My uncle was Jack Teagarden, the trombone player, ... (show quote)


I had heard the name before, had to look him up though.

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 19:42:34   #
bylm1-Bernie
 
moldyoldy wrote:
That’s the kind of BS you are fed.

https://educationdata.org/student-loan-debt-by-race


Moldy, after having examined this chart you submitted, I find that it is useful for telling you some various facts about various races and how they spend student loans. As far as comparison between races, it provides very few if any measurements to compare who fares better. You can pick out almost any criterion and you will not be able to find one exactly the same about another race. It makes certain statements about the goals or spending of one race but you can't find exact comparisons about another race. There is always an unknown quantity. The whole report virtually defies comparison. There are general statements such as, "Stress MAY hinder personal time lines," or "Many students report." In short, this report doesn't in any way say what you would like for it to say.

I'm sure there are stats out there that will be more comparative and exacting, but this isn't it.

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 19:47:05   #
son of witless
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
The word is offensive... But that shouldn't stop us from using it in proper situations...


I agree but in AmeriKA liberals have made that impossible. They have won the battle of speech.

| Reply
Feb 25, 2021 06:28:39   #
crazylibertarian Loc: Florida by way of NYC & Rhode Island
 
moldyoldy wrote:
White people had to go to harlem to hear them, ...




This is an absolute falsehood & you should know it. Harlem was the entertainment enter for blacks but there were clubs all over the city where blacks appeared. There was a legendary strip on 54th Street, that was filled with clubs. I was raised on East 46th Sreet & we were all aware of it.

If the truth doesn't fit with your opinion, you just develop a 'truth' that does?

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.