One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
I See People Feeling And Reflecting A Different Toned Down Demeanor, A Happier Country
Page <<first <prev 8 of 12 next> last>>
Feb 22, 2021 08:18:12   #
jSmitty45 Loc: Fl born, lived in Texas 30 yrs, now Tn
 
Carol Kelly wrote:
You mean the thousands more who were put out of work with a stroke of Bidenโ€™s pen on Inauguration Day. Or were they happy because of unpaid vacation? Im not happier, nor are any of the deplorables I know. We LOVE TRUMP.


I am not happy over it either, nor most people in their right mind!

Feb 22, 2021 08:21:45   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
Carlos Caliente wrote:
Conservatives never caused any disruptions it was always the Left with their phony impeachments, false accusations, iook how Pelosi caused havoc with the Kavenaugh hearings, convinced Kavenaugh was guilty of rape without one shred of evidence!!! We find out later from the crazy lady she said it because of her fears that Kavenaugh might vote against it, something that has not even come up yet!! Has Pelosi or any public official from the conspirators ever apologized to a good man for trying to destroy his life with their hate filled fearful cowardly treasoness lies??? Followed by multiple doses of treasoness riots all summer long spreading a virus throught the land. Conservatives were fed up with your childish selfish lying godless hate filled ways and demonstrated 95% peacefully, thats a winner in Vegas! The Founding Fathers must be wondering what happened to the character and integrity of the people who fought and died to get the ball rolling, the strength of character that could make a pledge to others their lives, their fortunes, and their Sacred Honor, who in public office today could honestly make that same pledge? Some of those guys did lose their fortunes, others their very lives, but not one lost his Sacred Honor. Asking for a friend, named Truth.
Conservatives never caused any disruptions it was ... (show quote)


๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Thank you, well said!

Feb 22, 2021 08:30:25   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
The Ms. wrote:
My guess.... more going on than we know. Not going down the path of destruction.... just a thought.


Your guess seems right... There is plenty going on with more to come no doubt...All for the good or perhaps righting the wrong of our ways to date...

Not going down the path of destruction a wonderful positive!

 
 
Feb 22, 2021 08:34:35   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
bggamers wrote:
I hate it but your right what bothers me is that the CITIZENS that voted for Biden are ok with this what has happened to this country to make this ok


Thatโ€™s because creating anarchy is what they are all about...look at the last say 20 years only~~Intended acts for intended results...Nothing by chance or coincidental at all in any of it...

Feb 22, 2021 12:31:18   #
son of witless
 
lindajoy wrote:
It is interesting.. The natural evolution of language changes because language itself changes. Too simple?? Yes, but fact and also fascinating

Basically I think of it as this.. the natural evolution of language changes with each generation and as such new words are invented and when repeated enough finally makes it into the dictionary as a now approved word (even lingo) so to speak..Along with it comes a definition of description for interpretation and as new words are not shared so readily, linguistically we suffer from it for sometimes many years before acceptance is achieved... I donโ€™t know how valid this is its just my take on it.. I use my generational words as compared to my sons generation..
Sic means not illness but cool, rad, or far out..(note the spelling)
Woke is not I woke this morning it means Im more aware of things, I believe this now , etc..
One good thing, no matter the generation, Love still means what it means to the person..Love an emotional state of pure bliss~~
It is interesting.. The natural evolution of lang... (show quote)



I don't care if I dislike a subject, I enjoy listening to those who are passionate about their life's work.
The Professor is a woman and she is a real language geek who goes into the ups and downs of approved words and grammar rules in history which suits me because I am a history geek. She went into a whole explanation of the history of the prohibition against split infinitives and how in old English it wasn't an issue because you couldn't even do it. I didn't even know what a split infinitive was. Apparently you are allowed to split infinitives now.

Not that I will retain all of this new found knowledge.

Feb 22, 2021 12:39:48   #
Mikeyavelli
 
son of witless wrote:
I don't care if I dislike a subject, I enjoy listening to those who are passionate about their life's work.
The Professor is a woman and she is a real language geek who goes into the ups and downs of approved words and grammar rules in history which suits me because I am a history geek. She went into a whole explanation of the history of the prohibition against split infinitives and how in old English it wasn't an issue because you couldn't even do it. I didn't even know what a split infinitive was. Apparently you are allowed to split infinitives now.

Not that I will retain all of this new found knowledge.
I don't care if I dislike a subject, I enjoy liste... (show quote)

To actively talk about it.
That's a split infinitive.

Feb 22, 2021 13:41:12   #
son of witless
 
Mikeyavelli wrote:
To actively talk about it.
That's a split infinitive.


" To boldly go where no man has gone before " is the most famous split infinitive in modern times. If Star Trek can do it, it ain't wrong.

 
 
Feb 22, 2021 14:33:32   #
The Ms.
 
son of witless wrote:
" To boldly go where no man has gone before " is the most famous split infinitive in modern times. If Star Trek can do it, it ain't wrong.


๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Feb 22, 2021 14:47:22   #
Mikeyavelli
 
son of witless wrote:
" To boldly go where no man has gone before " is the most famous split infinitive in modern times. If Star Trek can do it, it ain't wrong.


To not argue that is to factually be right.
(Sounds like something Brockobamma would say, he always split infinitives and used triple negatives to intelligent sound)

Feb 22, 2021 15:05:21   #
son of witless
 
Mikeyavelli wrote:
To not argue that is to factually be right.
(Sounds like something Brockobamma would say, he always split infinitives and used triple negatives to intelligent sound)


Barak the Obama was in a world by himself. We can can argue the rules of English Grammar all we want. I wouldn't want the Grammar Police micro checking everything I post, but you have to look at what the purpose of grammar is. It is so that the speaker or writer can communicate clearly. I intentionally mangle English from time to time. My hero in that regard is Yogi Berra. He really mangled the Queens language but you always knew what he meant. In the end that is all that matters.

President Obama was the master of murky language. I would listen to him or read his speeches and I couldn't figure what he just said. I have even posted portions of his speeches on OPP and challenged his worshipers to translate into plain English what he said. None of them could tell me what he meant, but because he sounded so elegant they fawned all over him.

I believe that the man was caught lying or being wrong so many times that he was intentionally vague so that he could always say he was misunderstood if he got into trouble.

George Bush and Donald J. Trump normally were much clearer. You might hate the things they said, but you were never in doubt as to their meaning. Joe Biden is like Obama in his foggy speech patterns, but with him it is more confusion than Obama's lying.

Feb 22, 2021 15:39:13   #
America 1
 
son of witless wrote:
I don't care if I dislike a subject, I enjoy listening to those who are passionate about their life's work.
The Professor is a woman and she is a real language geek who goes into the ups and downs of approved words and grammar rules in history which suits me because I am a history geek. She went into a whole explanation of the history of the prohibition against split infinitives and how in old English it wasn't an issue because you couldn't even do it. I didn't even know what a split infinitive was. Apparently you are allowed to split infinitives now.

Not that I will retain all of this new found knowledge.
I don't care if I dislike a subject, I enjoy liste... (show quote)


20 Words You Won't Believe Are in the Dictionary Now
https://bestlifeonline.com/new-words-2020/

 
 
Feb 22, 2021 16:22:38   #
Mikeyavelli
 
son of witless wrote:
Barak the Obama was in a world by himself. We can can argue the rules of English Grammar all we want. I wouldn't want the Grammar Police micro checking everything I post, but you have to look at what the purpose of grammar is. It is so that the speaker or writer can communicate clearly. I intentionally mangle English from time to time. My hero in that regard is Yogi Berra. He really mangled the Queens language but you always knew what he meant. In the end that is all that matters.

President Obama was the master of murky language. I would listen to him or read his speeches and I couldn't figure what he just said. I have even posted portions of his speeches on OPP and challenged his worshipers to translate into plain English what he said. None of them could tell me what he meant, but because he sounded so elegant they fawned all over him.

I believe that the man was caught lying or being wrong so many times that he was intentionally vague so that he could always say he was misunderstood if he got into trouble.

George Bush and Donald J. Trump normally were much clearer. You might hate the things they said, but you were never in doubt as to their meaning. Joe Biden is like Obama in his foggy speech patterns, but with him it is more confusion than Obama's lying.
Barak the Obama was in a world by himself. We can ... (show quote)

I never hated anything Trump said, or Bush while Bush was in office. Bush turned lefty out of office, and Trump is still the harbinger of truth delivered in Queens English, Queens New York, that is.
Brockobamma had 4 word poems in 16 word sentences. The man spewed gibberish and the media took the stochastic speech and printed meaning according to the Gospel of The International Left.
Climate change and Covid being a close second and third, Brockobamma remains the biggest hoax in history, any history.

Feb 22, 2021 16:54:05   #
America 1
 
Mikeyavelli wrote:
I never hated anything Trump said, or Bush while Bush was in office. Bush turned lefty out of office, and Trump is still the harbinger of truth delivered in Queens English, Queens New York, that is.
Brockobamma had 4 word poems in 16 word sentences. The man spewed gibberish and the media took the stochastic speech and printed meaning according to the Gospel of The International Left.
Climate change and Covid being a close second and third, Brockobamma remains the biggest hoax in history, any history.
I never hated anything Trump said, or Bush while ... (show quote)


BO's favorite I, I, I, I, I, me, me, me, me, me.

Feb 22, 2021 17:21:00   #
son of witless
 
Mikeyavelli wrote:
I never hated anything Trump said, or Bush while Bush was in office. Bush turned lefty out of office, and Trump is still the harbinger of truth delivered in Queens English, Queens New York, that is.
Brockobamma had 4 word poems in 16 word sentences. The man spewed gibberish and the media took the stochastic speech and printed meaning according to the Gospel of The International Left.
Climate change and Covid being a close second and third, Brockobamma remains the biggest hoax in history, any history.
I never hated anything Trump said, or Bush while ... (show quote)


Again, the man was deliberately unclear in his speeches. When Krauthammer was still alive I would wait for his English translations to appear.

Feb 22, 2021 17:40:19   #
The Ms.
 
son of witless wrote:
Barak the Obama was in a world by himself. We can can argue the rules of English Grammar all we want. I wouldn't want the Grammar Police micro checking everything I post, but you have to look at what the purpose of grammar is. It is so that the speaker or writer can communicate clearly. I intentionally mangle English from time to time. My hero in that regard is Yogi Berra. He really mangled the Queens language but you always knew what he meant. In the end that is all that matters.

President Obama was the master of murky language. I would listen to him or read his speeches and I couldn't figure what he just said. I have even posted portions of his speeches on OPP and challenged his worshipers to translate into plain English what he said. None of them could tell me what he meant, but because he sounded so elegant they fawned all over him.

I believe that the man was caught lying or being wrong so many times that he was intentionally vague so that he could always say he was misunderstood if he got into trouble.

George Bush and Donald J. Trump normally were much clearer. You might hate the things they said, but you were never in doubt as to their meaning. Joe Biden is like Obama in his foggy speech patterns, but with him it is more confusion than Obama's lying.
Barak the Obama was in a world by himself. We can ... (show quote)


Called using โ€œ Wessel Wordsโ€... just a thought

Page <<first <prev 8 of 12 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.