One Political Plaza - Home of politics
I See People Feeling And Reflecting A Different Toned Down Demeanor, A Happier Country
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 next>>
Feb 20, 2021 14:42:24   #
woodguru
 
manning5 wrote:
...The cause of all the bombast was from the Left saying and doing outrageous and provocative things that our President...
What you are seeing from conservatives is the calm before the storm!


You couldn't possibly deny that "your president" ran a constant barrage of antagonistic crap, there was never a single instance where he simply ignored any criticism or person who disagreed with him.

| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 14:43:56   #
woodguru
 
bggamers wrote:
NO what u see is a pot simmering and when he gets what he wants even u will realize u screwed up
NO what u see is a pot simmering and when he gets ... (show quote)


Life is rough, trump will have to deal with the fact that he is not going to get what he wants, that the world no longer revolves around his deeply flawed whims.

| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 15:59:14   #
Barracuda2020
 
Weasel wrote:
Sorry to disagree here but I just left the gas station after searching for affordable fuel. I had to settle for $2.69.9 per gallon.
For those of you who feel more relaxed, calm, and tranquil, I think someone is cooking alot of frogs very slowly and they must be putting drugs in the water they are using.
I also saw today that Biden just reversed President Trump's program for apprenticeships for young people who have the initiative to better themselves.
So I do not see the utopia that you people are talking about.
Sorry to disagree here but I just left the gas sta... (show quote)


He cut it because it's already being done, Trump want people to think this was his great idea when it's he's just coping what's already been done, you know like Melania's speech coping Michelle. The right isn't known for original thinking, they're not known for even improving what's already there.

We never spoke of an unreal utopia, you folks just took it as that, I guess because our ideals and goals are quite high.

| Reply
 
 
Feb 20, 2021 16:01:10   #
son of witless
 
woodguru wrote:
Do you have comprehension problems? They are now happy, where the trump supporters were confrontational and unhappy the whole time trump was president. You now have happy Biden supporters that are just different than trump supporters were during his term.


Do you have reality comprehension problems ? For four years democrat voters howled at the moon, foamed at the mouth, and had orgasms every time the media said that this time Mueller would put Donald J. Trump in Prison. With a Democrat scum bag in White House, those democrat voters can finally be weaned off anti depressants and opioids.

| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 16:24:00   #
drlarrygino
 
Milosia wrote:
Doing what your are told to do by Donald Trump is Not called “thinking for yourself !”


Milktoastia, you haven't had an original thought since the 1st day you came on to this site!! In fact, it's a wonder that you can even get the limited information in your brain to be transmitted neurologically to your phalanges to post a response.

| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 16:52:26   #
America 1
 
Barracuda2020 wrote:
This is true except for the die-hard Trumpers on here who are pissed and nastier then ever, oh well sucks to be them. LOL


"nastier then ever" try than.
That remark nails down exactly who "sucks".

| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 16:55:08   #
America 1
 
woodguru wrote:
You couldn't possibly deny that "your president" ran a constant barrage of antagonistic crap, there was never a single instance where he simply ignored any criticism or person who disagreed with him.


Why should he, doesn't seem to bother you.

| Reply
 
 
Feb 20, 2021 17:49:47   #
Barracuda2020
 
America 1 wrote:
"nastier then ever" try than.
That remark nails down exactly who "sucks".


Wrong...Then—the option to choose when time is involved—fits in the phrases just then and back then, and after words like since and until. It's also in the phrases and then some, every now and then, and even then.

So when did this pair get so confusing? Turns out they've always been that way. Linguistically speaking, they're identical twins. In Middle English, they were the same word; both spellings were used for all the various meanings. It's been a few hundred years, however, since English has treated them as distinct, which means we have to too. We could go back to Middle English, but we think that would be harder then—um, that is, harder than—mastering these.

You really need to get a life. Guess it's you.

| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 18:29:30   #
America 1
 
Barracuda2020 wrote:
He cut it because it's already being done, Trump want people to think this was his great idea when it's he's just coping what's already been done, you know like Melania's speech coping Michelle. The right isn't known for original thinking, they're not known for even improving what's already there.

We never spoke of an unreal utopia, you folks just took it as that, I guess because our ideals and goals are quite high.


Once you crawl out from under the snakes' ass, possibly.
Not likely.

| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 19:32:46   #
martsiva
 
woodguru - a happier country? Is that a joke?? Who are you trying to convince with such BS?? You think the country is happier with a man who stole the WH?? Do you think the country is happier with a man in the WH and his communist agenda?? Go ask the 1000s who lost their jobs because this traitor wants implement his communist 'green new deal' based on the lie of man made climate change!! Go ask the parents of girls who have compete with tranny MEN in sports!! Go ask the parents of girls who are afraid to let their daughters go into public restrooms because the pervert in the WH said MEN who feel like women can use the same facilities!! And that`s just for starters!! You are so far out in left field that you are not even in the ball park!!

| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 19:39:22   #
Smedley_buzkill
 
Barracuda2020 wrote:
Gee that sounds just like the threats/warning Trump made just before the capital insurrection.


Insurrection? The only people shot were unarmed protesters.

| Reply
 
 
Feb 20, 2021 19:42:07   #
Lily
 
woodguru wrote:
Right from the start of Biden winning the election and taking office, I saw a change in people. There was an edgy kind of confrontational thing people just had, conversations for many always involved elements of the constant crap trump dished out every day. There were so few days that trump wasn't reacting, punching out, attacking someone that had disrespected him or refused to support his edicts and positions.

This had it's effect on his supporters that took so much joy in the constant duking it out, the constant punching at dems, and defying the laws and democratic norms. If there wasn't something going on in the news he cooked something up that outraged the other side. If there was something in the news he didn't like he threw another pile of crap in the fan.

Dems are happy, no surprise there, but what does that look like? My wife has been a happier person that smiles way more than she has in the last four years, she jokes more, teases me more, her sense of humor is back.

My point here is that while there might be a small group of the 30% hardcore trump supporters that are butt hurt and unhappy, they are unhappy no matter what, they were unhappy the whole time trump was in office. So this is a good thing that 60+ percent of Americans are a lot happier with the job the president is doing than were with trump's turmoil and chaos.

And whether you see it or not, the conservatives I know are all a heck of a lot calmer and happier than they were under the constant barrage of trump bombast and conflict.
Right from the start of Biden winning the election... (show quote)


I have two responses to your idiocy.





| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 19:52:42   #
The Ms.
 
woodguru wrote:
Right from the start of Biden winning the election and taking office, I saw a change in people. There was an edgy kind of confrontational thing people just had, conversations for many always involved elements of the constant crap trump dished out every day. There were so few days that trump wasn't reacting, punching out, attacking someone that had disrespected him or refused to support his edicts and positions.

This had it's effect on his supporters that took so much joy in the constant duking it out, the constant punching at dems, and defying the laws and democratic norms. If there wasn't something going on in the news he cooked something up that outraged the other side. If there was something in the news he didn't like he threw another pile of crap in the fan.

Dems are happy, no surprise there, but what does that look like? My wife has been a happier person that smiles way more than she has in the last four years, she jokes more, teases me more, her sense of humor is back.

My point here is that while there might be a small group of the 30% hardcore trump supporters that are butt hurt and unhappy, they are unhappy no matter what, they were unhappy the whole time trump was in office. So this is a good thing that 60+ percent of Americans are a lot happier with the job the president is doing than were with trump's turmoil and chaos.

And whether you see it or not, the conservatives I know are all a heck of a lot calmer and happier than they were under the constant barrage of trump bombast and conflict.
Right from the start of Biden winning the election... (show quote)



Illusion..... calm before the storm.... or maybe the shock of disbelief that a senile, lying career politician that hid in his basement and his Ho managed to pull off the largest ElectionTheft in the history of this Country... just a thought.

| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 19:56:18   #
Hug
 
woodguru wrote:
Right from the start of Biden winning the election and taking office, I saw a change in people. There was an edgy kind of confrontational thing people just had, conversations for many always involved elements of the constant crap trump dished out every day. There were so few days that trump wasn't reacting, punching out, attacking someone that had disrespected him or refused to support his edicts and positions.

This had it's effect on his supporters that took so much joy in the constant duking it out, the constant punching at dems, and defying the laws and democratic norms. If there wasn't something going on in the news he cooked something up that outraged the other side. If there was something in the news he didn't like he threw another pile of crap in the fan.

Dems are happy, no surprise there, but what does that look like? My wife has been a happier person that smiles way more than she has in the last four years, she jokes more, teases me more, her sense of humor is back.

My point here is that while there might be a small group of the 30% hardcore trump supporters that are butt hurt and unhappy, they are unhappy no matter what, they were unhappy the whole time trump was in office. So this is a good thing that 60+ percent of Americans are a lot happier with the job the president is doing than were with trump's turmoil and chaos.

And whether you see it or not, the conservatives I know are all a heck of a lot calmer and happier than they were under the constant barrage of trump bombast and conflict.
Right from the start of Biden winning the election... (show quote)


Woody, You were a United States Air Force Hero, is there any one incident that happened to you to turn you into a Communist wanting to destroy America?

| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 19:58:53   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
Barracuda2020 wrote:
Wrong...Then—the option to choose when time is involved—fits in the phrases just then and back then, and after words like since and until. It's also in the phrases and then some, every now and then, and even then.

So when did this pair get so confusing? Turns out they've always been that way. Linguistically speaking, they're identical twins. In Middle English, they were the same word; both spellings were used for all the various meanings. It's been a few hundred years, however, since English has treated them as distinct, which means we have to too. We could go back to Middle English, but we think that would be harder then—um, that is, harder than—mastering these.

You really need to get a life. Guess it's you.
Wrong...Then—the option to choose when time is inv... (show quote)



Wrong~~What year is it and what language do we speak now ??

Use “other than.”keep it simple~~

Than is a word which deals with comparisons.

Then is a word which deals with time.

(Perhaps you can remember then by its similarity to when, another word dealing with time.)
Since the phrase, “other than,” is referring to another situation, it is comparing the two situations. Therefore than is used.

On the other hand, you would use then to refer to a moment in time. For instance, “I was there then.”

Middle English( lololol ) was a period of roughly 300 years from around 1150 CE to around 1450 – is difficult to identify because it is a time of transition between two eras that each have stronger definition: Old English and Modern English... what do we speak now??? Oh, that's right we speak Modern English from about the the 17Th century now..

Or perhaps the simple reasoning of the Merriam Webster..

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/when-to-use-then-and-than

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.