One Political Plaza - Home of politics
I See People Feeling And Reflecting A Different Toned Down Demeanor, A Happier Country
Page: <<prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 next>>
Feb 22, 2021 21:00:27   #
Mikeyavelli
 
marlene eck wrote:
After Biden won, most of my neighbors went out in the street and honked horns, and danced around.
If everyone would stop talking about Trump, he would fad into the sunset very quickly.


Yeah, the Biden excitement factor has everyone rolling their eyes at every word he attempts to say.
This shell of a man is being used to appear benign while his Handlers take America apart piece by piece.
They needed a senile figurehead to hide their actions.

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 21:48:59   #
bggamers Loc: georgia
 
son of witless wrote:
Barak the Obama was in a world by himself. We can can argue the rules of English Grammar all we want. I wouldn't want the Grammar Police micro checking everything I post, but you have to look at what the purpose of grammar is. It is so that the speaker or writer can communicate clearly. I intentionally mangle English from time to time. My hero in that regard is Yogi Berra. He really mangled the Queens language but you always knew what he meant. In the end that is all that matters.

President Obama was the master of murky language. I would listen to him or read his speeches and I couldn't figure what he just said. I have even posted portions of his speeches on OPP and challenged his worshipers to translate into plain English what he said. None of them could tell me what he meant, but because he sounded so elegant they fawned all over him.

I believe that the man was caught lying or being wrong so many times that he was intentionally vague so that he could always say he was misunderstood if he got into trouble.

George Bush and Donald J. Trump normally were much clearer. You might hate the things they said, but you were never in doubt as to their meaning. Joe Biden is like Obama in his foggy speech patterns, but with him it is more confusion than Obama's lying.
Barak the Obama was in a world by himself. We can ... (show quote)


plausible deniability (sounds intelligent but says nothing doesn't promise anything and sure as hell doesn't explain anything)

| Reply
Feb 23, 2021 06:34:43   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
son of witless wrote:
" To boldly go where no man has gone before " is the most famous split infinitive in modern times. If Star Trek can do it, it ain't wrong.


I like! Always have...

| Reply
 
 
Feb 23, 2021 06:36:54   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
son of witless wrote:
I don't care if I dislike a subject, I enjoy listening to those who are passionate about their life's work.
The Professor is a woman and she is a real language geek who goes into the ups and downs of approved words and grammar rules in history which suits me because I am a history geek. She went into a whole explanation of the history of the prohibition against split infinitives and how in old English it wasn't an issue because you couldn't even do it. I didn't even know what a split infinitive was. Apparently you are allowed to split infinitives now.

Not that I will retain all of this new found knowledge.
I don't care if I dislike a subject, I enjoy liste... (show quote)


I had not heard the “ split infinitive“ phrase but understand its concept now...
Thank You...

| Reply
Feb 23, 2021 06:43:52   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
America 1 wrote:
BO's favorite I, I, I, I, I, me, me, me, me, me.


Very true!

| Reply
Feb 23, 2021 11:21:01   #
The Ms.
 
bggamers wrote:
plausible deniability (sounds intelligent but says nothing doesn't promise anything and sure as hell doesn't explain anything)


Says something in Government speak... how it is used. “ I know the truth, I do not want to admit .... do right...so give me something that sounds good that I can use to justify my actions in the event my words or actions come back to bite me.”

| Reply
Feb 23, 2021 12:47:36   #
bggamers Loc: georgia
 
The Ms. wrote:
Says something in Government speak... how it is used. “ I know the truth, I do not want to admit .... do right...so give me something that sounds good that I can use to justify my actions in the event my words or actions come back to bite me.”


EXACTLY

| Reply
 
 
Feb 23, 2021 19:21:55   #
son of witless
 
lindajoy wrote:
I had not heard the “ split infinitive“ phrase but understand its concept now...
Thank You...


I got a little worried that my grammar on OPP might be called out. When I listen to Weird Al Yankovic's Word Crimes I realized how much I don't know. He could have been making fun of me.

The lady professor on my DVDs says that we all know intuitively a lot more than we think we do. We just don't know what it is called. If it sounds wrong, likely it is wrong. If it sounds right, likely it is right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

| Reply
Feb 23, 2021 19:33:56   #
The Ms.
 
son of witless wrote:
I got a little worried that my grammar on OPP might be called out. When I listen to Weird Al Yankovic's Word Crimes I realized how much I don't know. He could have been making fun of me.

The lady professor on my DVDs says that we all know intuitively a lot more than we think we do. We just don't know what it is called. If it sounds wrong, likely it is wrong. If it sounds right, likely it is right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc
I got a little worried that my grammar on OPP migh... (show quote)


Thanks , Wish I had before I purchased The Chicago Manuel of Style. The writing of some was making me crazy.... then I was told it is rude to correct posts. If the left learns correct English they still make no walking around sense..... just a thought...

| Reply
Feb 23, 2021 19:35:10   #
bggamers Loc: georgia
 
son of witless wrote:
I got a little worried that my grammar on OPP might be called out. When I listen to Weird Al Yankovic's Word Crimes I realized how much I don't know. He could have been making fun of me.

The lady professor on my DVDs says that we all know intuitively a lot more than we think we do. We just don't know what it is called. If it sounds wrong, likely it is wrong. If it sounds right, likely it is right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc
I got a little worried that my grammar on OPP migh... (show quote)


I have found just by being on this web site that when I write something and it doesn't look right it isn't. But one good thing about this site the more I write the more I realize my spelling sucks and my brain knows it right away so I haven't totally lost it yet

| Reply
Feb 23, 2021 20:54:00   #
Mikeyavelli
 
The Ms. wrote:
Thanks , Wish I had before I purchased The Chicago Manuel of Style. The writing of some was making me crazy.... then I was told it is rude to correct posts. If the left learns correct English they still make no walking around sense..... just a thought...


I use the Mikeyavelli Grammar Guideline Tome.
Works for me.
The snowflakes don't like it?
Fokkem.
(87th appropriate simulacre)

| Reply
 
 
Feb 24, 2021 06:05:40   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
son of witless wrote:
I got a little worried that my grammar on OPP might be called out. When I listen to Weird Al Yankovic's Word Crimes I realized how much I don't know. He could have been making fun of me.

The lady professor on my DVDs says that we all know intuitively a lot more than we think we do. We just don't know what it is called. If it sounds wrong, likely it is wrong. If it sounds right, likely it is right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc
I got a little worried that my grammar on OPP migh... (show quote)


Like the original song and this thought provoking message!!
Diagraming sentences, now that brings back the day!! 😱

| Reply
Feb 24, 2021 06:11:14   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
bggamers wrote:
I have found just by being on this web site that when I write something and it doesn't look right it isn't. But one good thing about this site the more I write the more I realize my spelling sucks and my brain knows it right away so I haven't totally lost it yet
I have found just by being on this web site that w... (show quote)


I like this~~And have used it in reply when corrected about a misspelled word~~Or spell check ( sometimes) changing my word and because I didn’t proof it, catch it. More than not, it is my own error tho..

It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

| Reply
Feb 24, 2021 06:15:39   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
Mikeyavelli wrote:
I use the Mikeyavelli Grammar Guideline Tome.
Works for me.
The snowflakes don't like it?
Fokkem.
(87th appropriate simulacre)


Yes, I like your grammar and cut to heart, get to the point, irrefutable posts...Some most likely have to read a few times to catch what you’re really saying...The left just doesn’t get it...

| Reply
Feb 24, 2021 08:32:22   #
Mikeyavelli
 
lindajoy wrote:
Yes, I like your grammar and cut to heart, get to the point, irrefutable posts...Some most likely have to read a few times to catch what you’re really saying...The left just doesn’t get it...


I lk yr rplys to.
😉

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.