One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Seems its music day~~~
Feb 18, 2021 09:47:14   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
Add whatever you wish~~

https://youtu.be/_6r2P4W9Yog

And just because~~~

https://youtu.be/hWx2gYelcUs

| Reply
Feb 18, 2021 10:11:58   #
SWMBO
 
lindajoy wrote:
Add whatever you wish~~

https://youtu.be/_6r2P4W9Yog

And just because~~~

https://youtu.be/hWx2gYelcUs


Dr Hook - "I Got Stoned And I Missed It" (Live from BBC show ...
www.youtube.com › watch

| Reply
Feb 18, 2021 10:13:16   #
son of witless
 
lindajoy wrote:
Add whatever you wish~~

https://youtu.be/_6r2P4W9Yog

And just because~~~

https://youtu.be/hWx2gYelcUs


I enjoyed the second selection.

| Reply
 
 
Feb 18, 2021 10:18:33   #
SWMBO
 
son of witless wrote:
I enjoyed the second selection.


Search instead for Sarah Cynthia Silvia Stout would not take the
Sylvia Stout
Would Not Take
the Garbage Out
Song by Shel Silverstein

Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout would not take the garbage out
She'd scour the pots and scrub the pans
Candy the yams and spice the hams
And though her daddy would scream and shout
She simply would not take the garbage out
And so, it piled up to the ceilings
Coffee grounds, potato peelings
Brown bananas, rotten peas, chunks of sour cottage cheese
That filled the can and covered the floor, cracked the window and blocked the door
With bacon rinds and chicken bones, drippy ins of ice cream cones
Prune pits, peach pits, orange peel
Gluppy glumps of cold oat meal, pizza crust and withered greens
And soggy beans and tangerines and crust of black burned buttered toast
And gristly bits of beefy roast
The garbage rolled on down the hall, it raised the roof, it broke the wall
I mean, greasy napkins, cookie crumbs
Globs of gooey bubble gums, cellophane from green baloney, rubbery blubbery macaroni, peanut butter, caked and dry
Curdled milk and crusts of pie, moldy melons, dried-up mustard, eggshells mixed with lemon custard
Cold french fries and rancid meat, yellow lumps of Cream of Wheat
At last the garbage reached so high that it finally touched the sky
And all the neighbors moved away
And none of her friends would come to play
And finally, Sarah Cynthia Stout said
"OK, I'll take the garbage out!"
But then, of course, it was too late
The garbage reached across the state
From New York to the Golden Gate
And there, in the garbage she did hate
Poor Sarah met an awful fate
That I cannot, right now relate
Because the hour is much too late
But children, remember Sarah Stout
And always take the garbage out
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Shel Silverstein

Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout Would Not Take the Garbage Out

| Reply
Feb 18, 2021 20:44:58   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
SWMBO wrote:
Dr Hook - "I Got Stoned And I Missed It" (Live from BBC show ...
www.youtube.com › watch


The song you reference and which I know well is not the one you posted.

I posted this one for you.

https://youtu.be/HM1MftCtIlg

How about this one???

https://youtu.be/skAnv1BJGxY

| Reply
Feb 18, 2021 21:47:20   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
son of witless wrote:
I enjoyed the second selection.


I’m glad you did.. why don’t you ist something you like? Always good to get a little glimpse of what moves us or we like..,

| Reply
Feb 19, 2021 08:54:12   #
son of witless
 
lindajoy wrote:
I’m glad you did.. why don’t you ist something you like? Always good to get a little glimpse of what moves us or we like..,


You posted the Blues song that I liked. I generally do not listen to blues or sad songs, but when I do there is one lady, only one lady who can sing a sad song and not make it sappy or depressing. She was before my time, but I discovered her mid life. The one, the only Patsy Cline. I was never into Country Music, but she and Marty Robbins changed my view on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWeCdxZlU5E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbnrdCS57d0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9loTXznGJy4

| Reply
 
 
Feb 19, 2021 09:13:24   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
son of witless wrote:
You posted the Blues song that I liked. I generally do not listen to blues or sad songs, but when I do there is one lady, only one lady who can sing a sad song and not make it sappy or depressing. She was before my time, but I discovered her mid life. The one, the only Patsy Cline. I was never into Country Music, but she and Marty Robbins changed my view on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWeCdxZlU5E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbnrdCS57d0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9loTXznGJy4
You posted the Blues song that I liked. I generall... (show quote)


Absolutely. Not in my time period either but all three you posted, excellent!!!

Thank you for the reminder~~👏🏻👏🏻

| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 03:26:06   #
EmilyD
 
SWMBO wrote:
Search instead for Sarah Cynthia Silvia Stout would not take the
Sylvia Stout
Would Not Take
the Garbage Out
Song by Shel Silverstein

Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout would not take the garbage out
She'd scour the pots and scrub the pans
Candy the yams and spice the hams
And though her daddy would scream and shout
She simply would not take the garbage out
And so, it piled up to the ceilings
Coffee grounds, potato peelings
Brown bananas, rotten peas, chunks of sour cottage cheese
That filled the can and covered the floor, cracked the window and blocked the door
With bacon rinds and chicken bones, drippy ins of ice cream cones
Prune pits, peach pits, orange peel
Gluppy glumps of cold oat meal, pizza crust and withered greens
And soggy beans and tangerines and crust of black burned buttered toast
And gristly bits of beefy roast
The garbage rolled on down the hall, it raised the roof, it broke the wall
I mean, greasy napkins, cookie crumbs
Globs of gooey bubble gums, cellophane from green baloney, rubbery blubbery macaroni, peanut butter, caked and dry
Curdled milk and crusts of pie, moldy melons, dried-up mustard, eggshells mixed with lemon custard
Cold french fries and rancid meat, yellow lumps of Cream of Wheat
At last the garbage reached so high that it finally touched the sky
And all the neighbors moved away
And none of her friends would come to play
And finally, Sarah Cynthia Stout said
"OK, I'll take the garbage out!"
But then, of course, it was too late
The garbage reached across the state
From New York to the Golden Gate
And there, in the garbage she did hate
Poor Sarah met an awful fate
That I cannot, right now relate
Because the hour is much too late
But children, remember Sarah Stout
And always take the garbage out
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Shel Silverstein

Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout Would Not Take the Garbage Out
Search instead for Sarah Cynthia Silvia Stout woul... (show quote)


LOL! Excellent!

My son is making sure my grandchildren are growing up with Shel, like I did with my son! He lifts the soul in funny (and sometimes a little bit creepy) ways! He's one of my favorite poets.

| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 09:39:58   #
SWMBO
 
EmilyD wrote:
LOL! Excellent!

My son is making sure my grandchildren are growing up with Shel, like I did with my son! He lifts the soul in funny (and sometimes a little bit creepy) ways! He's one of my favorite poets.


I always like Shel, but then, the warped humor appeals to me as it brightens my day with a good laugh. That is something totally missing from post of the left wing posters on OPP and elsewhere.

NPP

| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 18:43:34   #
woodguru
 
lindajoy wrote:
Add whatever you wish~~

https://youtu.be/_6r2P4W9Yog

And just because~~~

https://youtu.be/hWx2gYelcUs


My wife and I put Buck69 on youtube a couple of nights a few days ago while we shot pool.

You want to hear a voice put that Ed Ames song I posted on and then go to My Cup Runneth Over. My wife was saying that might just be the most awesome male voice she's ever heard. Just for grins and giggles we put on his version of O Holy Night, which is one of my favorites and he does the singlemost best version I've ever heard.

| Reply
 
 
Feb 20, 2021 19:00:58   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
woodguru wrote:
My wife and I put Buck69 on youtube a couple of nights a few days ago while we shot pool.

You want to hear a voice put that Ed Ames song I posted on and then go to My Cup Runneth Over. My wife was saying that might just be the most awesome male voice she's ever heard. Just for grins and giggles we put on his version of O Holy Night, which is one of my favorites and he does the singlemost best version I've ever heard.


Please tell your wife she’s right!!! What a deep, rich, soothing voice!!!
I listened just now again and attach so others may enjoy too..

https://youtu.be/xvaQisHV8jw

And since you were kind enough to share with us, allow me to give you your favorite to enjoy... Also a favorite of mine... Had to listen to this as well...

Thank You....

https://youtu.be/Hvy-rWxiq7k

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.