One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Tough 11 year old girl in Montana
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 next>>
Feb 20, 2021 12:05:27   #
American Vet
 
SSDD wrote:
Since those links are all lying, you posting them is essentially you perpetuating the lie. Hmm, what do we call it when someone perpetuates a known lie? Damn, I have no idea what we call it, do you? Oh... Wait... Don't we call that a LIE? If those lies were the truth, legitimate news outlets would be reporting on it and therefore we KNOW it's a lie. Stop being so obtuse, or more precisely, STOP LYING!


Again, you didn't refute any of the content - just attacked the sources. You say the sources are 'right wing' and not 'legitimate'.

Do you consider CNN legitimate'?
We're still looking into some of the claims Biden made, so this article is not comprehensive. But we can tell you now that he made at least four false claims https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/politics/fact-check-biden-cnn-town-hall-anderson-cooper-milwaukee/index.html

Do you consider ABC legitimate?
Biden misstated attorney general's comment on slavery, lockdownshttps://abcnews.go.com/Politics/joe-biden-town-hall-fact-checking-democratic-nominees/story?id=73062846

How about that bastion of right wings Mother Jones?
A commenter at the wonderful blog Lawyers, Guns, and Money dug up this C-SPAN video of Joe Biden lying about his academic credentials in 1987https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/05/that-time-joe-biden-lied-about-his-academic-

| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 12:27:50   #
SSDD
 
American Vet wrote:
Again, you didn't refute any of the content - just attacked the sources. You say the sources are 'right wing' and not 'legitimate'.

Do you consider CNN legitimate'?
We're still looking into some of the claims Biden made, so this article is not comprehensive. But we can tell you now that he made at least four false claims https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/politics/fact-check-biden-cnn-town-hall-anderson-cooper-milwaukee/index.html

Do you consider ABC legitimate?
Biden misstated attorney general's comment on slavery, lockdownshttps://abcnews.go.com/Politics/joe-biden-town-hall-fact-checking-democratic-nominees/story?id=73062846

How about that bastion of right wings Mother Jones?
A commenter at the wonderful blog Lawyers, Guns, and Money dug up this C-SPAN video of Joe Biden lying about his academic credentials in 1987https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/05/that-time-joe-biden-lied-about-his-academic-
Again, you didn't refute any of the content - just... (show quote)


Sorry, two problems with that theory, first off, I DO NOT entertain fake news, won't even read it, secondly, and I think most importantly, I do not waste my time trying to prove a negative. How about this, since YOU are the one making the claim, how about YOU prove it to be true. Wow, such a novel idea, huh? You essentially made the accusation that Joe Biden lies by promoting those fallacies, that makes it YOUR responsibility to PROVE IT when you are called on your lies. Besides, everyone knows it is far easier and more productive to work towards proving a positive than it is to try to prove a negative, have at it. Let's see your proof that Biden ACTUALLY said any of the supposed lies those nutters claim he told. A clearly labeled link to a video of him telling the lies (please find one with the least amount of bloviating commentary possible) or a link to a LEGITIMATE news source REPORTING on the lies, OP-ED will NOT be accepted. Hop to it, I await your "proof".

| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 12:31:30   #
American Vet
 
SSDD wrote:
Sorry, two problems with that theory, first off, I DO NOT entertain fake news, won't even read it, secondly, and I think most importantly, I do not waste my time trying to prove a negative. How about this, since YOU are the one making the claim, how about YOU prove it to be true. Wow, such a novel idea, huh? You essentially made the accusation that Joe Biden lies by promoting those fallacies, that makes it YOUR responsibility to PROVE IT when you are called on your lies. Besides, everyone knows it is far easier and more productive to work towards proving a positive than it is to try to prove a negative, have at it. Let's see your proof that Biden ACTUALLY said any of the supposed lies those nutters claim he told. A clearly labeled link to a video of him telling the lies (please find one with the least amount of bloviating commentary possible) or a link to a LEGITIMATE news source REPORTING on the lies, OP-ED will NOT be accepted. Hop to it, I await your "proof".
Sorry, two problems with that theory, first off, I... (show quote)


So I post 2 sources that are considered mainstream media (ABC and CNN) and one that is considered "LEFT" (Mother Jones); they report that Biden lied - but you do not consider that proof?

| Reply
 
 
Feb 20, 2021 12:36:02   #
Rose42
 
SSDD wrote:
Sorry, two problems with that theory, first off, I DO NOT entertain fake news, won't even read it, secondly, and I think most importantly, I do not waste my time trying to prove a negative. How about this, since YOU are the one making the claim, how about YOU prove it to be true. Wow, such a novel idea, huh? You essentially made the accusation that Joe Biden lies by promoting those fallacies, that makes it YOUR responsibility to PROVE IT when you are called on your lies. Besides, everyone knows it is far easier and more productive to work towards proving a positive than it is to try to prove a negative, have at it. Let's see your proof that Biden ACTUALLY said any of the supposed lies those nutters claim he told. A clearly labeled link to a video of him telling the lies (please find one with the least amount of bloviating commentary possible) or a link to a LEGITIMATE news source REPORTING on the lies, OP-ED will NOT be accepted. Hop to it, I await your "proof".
Sorry, two problems with that theory, first off, I... (show quote)


Apparently you are simply too arrogant to admit you made a mistake - again. SSDD again. Lol



| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 13:46:48   #
SSDD
 
SSDD wrote:
Sorry, two problems with that theory, first off, I DO NOT entertain fake news, won't even read it, secondly, and I think most importantly, I do not waste my time trying to prove a negative. How about this, since YOU are the one making the claim, how about YOU prove it to be true. Wow, such a novel idea, huh? You essentially made the accusation that Joe Biden lies by promoting those fallacies, that makes it YOUR responsibility to PROVE IT when you are called on your lies. Besides, everyone knows it is far easier and more productive to work towards proving a positive than it is to try to prove a negative, have at it. Let's see your proof that Biden ACTUALLY said any of the supposed lies those nutters claim he told. A clearly labeled link to a video of him telling the lies (please find one with the least amount of bloviating commentary possible) or a link to a LEGITIMATE news source REPORTING on the lies, OP-ED will NOT be accepted. Hop to it, I await your "proof".
Sorry, two problems with that theory, first off, I... (show quote)


Edit:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/politics/fact-check-biden-cnn-town-hall-anderson-cooper-milwaukee/index.html

Most look to be honest mistakes and one that CNN labeled a "mis-statement", the one concerning China's retirees to workforce ratio, that appears to be the only one I would consider calling an outright lie and CNN says they consider it a mis-statement so... No proof found there, let's continue checking the rest.



https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/joe-biden-town-hall-fact-checking-democratic-nominees/story?id=73062846

BIDEN'S CLAIM: "When you guys started talking on television about 'Biden, if he wins will be the first person without an Ivy League degree to be elected president.' I said, 'Who the hell makes you think I need an Ivy League degree to be president?' I'm not joking."

ABC got that wrong, Biden wasn't claiming that he would be the first president WITHOUT an IVY league education, he was saying that people in the media were claiming that, there IS a difference.



BIDEN CLAIM: Biden was asked if he'd "support the continuation of fracking safely" and "growing the industry."

"Yes, I do," Biden said, later adding, "We can put to work right away 250,000 people from the iron workers and other disciplines making union wages, capping those wells that are leaking methane and are a danger to the community."

FACT CHECK: Biden's response that he supported the continuation of fracking accurately reflected his environmental plan, but Biden doesn't want to add new fracking on public lands. He wants to move away from fracking to eventually get net-zero emissions. So when he answered yes to "growing the industry," it was misleading.



As was stated by ABC, Biden is not planning to eliminate fracking so continuation is the opposite of elimination so that portion is true, as for growing the industry, I doubt he intends to grow the fracking industry per se, but more jobs in the industry will be created as he said due to hiring people to cap off wells that are leaking methane so...

No, the closest Biden comes to lying in this article is when he claims that Trump has NEVER condemned white supremacy. Trump HAS in fact done so, BEFORE he ever made an attempt to run for political office, he would condemn them verbally without any actual provocation, without being harangued about it, AFTER he "threw his hat in the ring", not so much. After he decided to try to run for political office, the time when he SHOULD be most ready and able to condemn racism, that is when he became much more reluctant to do so, though he HAS done it, just much more reluctantly and the media has HAD TO harangue him to do so.

Long story short, did Biden lie about this? I consider this one a gross mis-statement, but not a lie.


Oops, I guess we ran out of article here now too, bottom line, doesn't prove Biden to be a liar here either.




https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/05/that-time-joe-biden-lied-about-his-academic-

Ah, you did in fact find proof of Biden lying, about his education of all things... Congratulations, I didn't think you would actually find any evidence of Biden lying, as most, if not ALL politicians do. While one's education is quite important, lying about one's own education is something that is likely quite common place within and without the political arena. Good job, and quite eye opening. 76th of 85... That is not so good... Of course I could mention a recent president's lies about their own education, but why?



It was starting to look quite dim there until the end. You pulled it out "at the buzzer". I almost chose not to read your last link, glad I went ahead and read it anyways. You saved that one for last on purpose didn't you?

Enough of the whole "giving credit where credit is due" though, that type of lie, while not wholly inconsequential, it IS so common place that it begs the question, does it truly make one a liar? Does it truly support the case that one is a liar and can not be trusted? Damn though... I can't get the pathetic-ness of coming in at 76th of 85 out of my head... He did better than ONLY 9 others... How lazy and/or ignorant were they that he did better than they did? How lazy and/or ignorant was he? But there is one consolation... He has vowed to adhere to what his experts tell him is best for this country, that is far better than what another past president did... I will not lose sleep over this... Except for that whole 76th of 85 thing... DAMN! That is lame as hell! I had better go check that one out and see if I can find confirmation on that one... Better yet, maybe I shouldn't... If that one gets confirmed, I may lose sleep due to being so disappointed in him, not that I was EVER his biggest fan mind you, just DAMN! That "factoid" will NEVER leave my head now...

| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 13:48:48   #
SSDD
 
American Vet wrote:
So I post 2 sources that are considered mainstream media (ABC and CNN) and one that is considered "LEFT" (Mother Jones); they report that Biden lied - but you do not consider that proof?


Look just above this post, I posted the quick reply just in case I had to leave before I got to looking into those, I fully intended to edit with my findings, took too long so had to attach the edit to a reply on my own post.

| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 14:24:35   #
American Vet
 
SSDD wrote:
Edit:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/politics/fact-check-biden-cnn-town-hall-anderson-cooper-milwaukee/index.html

Most look to be honest mistakes and one that CNN labeled a "mis-statement", the one concerning China's retirees to workforce ratio, that appears to be the only one I would consider calling an outright lie and CNN says they consider it a mis-statement so... No proof found there, let's continue checking the rest.


"Mis-statement". Seems a convenient term for the left. So it is an outright lie.

Thanks for the admission.

| Reply
 
 
Feb 20, 2021 14:27:13   #
American Vet
 
SSDD wrote:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/05/that-time-joe-biden-lied-about-his-academic-

Ah, you did in fact find proof of Biden lying, about his education


Thanks for the admission.

| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 14:30:28   #
American Vet
 
SSDD wrote:
Edit:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/politics/fact-check-biden-cnn-town-hall-anderson-cooper-milwaukee/index.html

Most look to be honest mistakes and one that CNN labeled a "mis-statement", the one concerning China's retirees to workforce ratio, that appears to be the only one I would consider calling an outright lie and CNN says they consider it a mis-statement so... No proof found there, let's continue checking the rest.



https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/joe-biden-town-hall-fact-checking-democratic-nominees/story?id=73062846

BIDEN'S CLAIM: "When you guys started talking on television about 'Biden, if he wins will be the first person without an Ivy League degree to be elected president.' I said, 'Who the hell makes you think I need an Ivy League degree to be president?' I'm not joking."

ABC got that wrong, Biden wasn't claiming that he would be the first president WITHOUT an IVY league education, he was saying that people in the media were claiming that, there IS a difference.



BIDEN CLAIM: Biden was asked if he'd "support the continuation of fracking safely" and "growing the industry."

"Yes, I do," Biden said, later adding, "We can put to work right away 250,000 people from the iron workers and other disciplines making union wages, capping those wells that are leaking methane and are a danger to the community."

FACT CHECK: Biden's response that he supported the continuation of fracking accurately reflected his environmental plan, but Biden doesn't want to add new fracking on public lands. He wants to move away from fracking to eventually get net-zero emissions. So when he answered yes to "growing the industry," it was misleading.



As was stated by ABC, Biden is not planning to eliminate fracking so continuation is the opposite of elimination so that portion is true, as for growing the industry, I doubt he intends to grow the fracking industry per se, but more jobs in the industry will be created as he said due to hiring people to cap off wells that are leaking methane so...

No, the closest Biden comes to lying in this article is when he claims that Trump has NEVER condemned white supremacy. Trump HAS in fact done so, BEFORE he ever made an attempt to run for political office, he would condemn them verbally without any actual provocation, without being harangued about it, AFTER he "threw his hat in the ring", not so much. After he decided to try to run for political office, the time when he SHOULD be most ready and able to condemn racism, that is when he became much more reluctant to do so, though he HAS done it, just much more reluctantly and the media has HAD TO harangue him to do so.

Long story short, did Biden lie about this? I consider this one a gross mis-statement, but not a lie.


Oops, I guess we ran out of article here now too, bottom line, doesn't prove Biden to be a liar here either.




https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/05/that-time-joe-biden-lied-about-his-academic-

Ah, you did in fact find proof of Biden lying, about his education of all things... Congratulations, I didn't think you would actually find any evidence of Biden lying, as most, if not ALL politicians do. While one's education is quite important, lying about one's own education is something that is likely quite common place within and without the political arena. Good job, and quite eye opening. 76th of 85... That is not so good... Of course I could mention a recent president's lies about their own education, but why?



It was starting to look quite dim there until the end. You pulled it out "at the buzzer". I almost chose not to read your last link, glad I went ahead and read it anyways. You saved that one for last on purpose didn't you?

Enough of the whole "giving credit where credit is due" though, that type of lie, while not wholly inconsequential, it IS so common place that it begs the question, does it truly make one a liar? Does it truly support the case that one is a liar and can not be trusted? Damn though... I can't get the pathetic-ness of coming in at 76th of 85 out of my head... He did better than ONLY 9 others... How lazy and/or ignorant were they that he did better than they did? How lazy and/or ignorant was he? But there is one consolation... He has vowed to adhere to what his experts tell him is best for this country, that is far better than what another past president did... I will not lose sleep over this... Except for that whole 76th of 85 thing... DAMN! That is lame as hell! I had better go check that one out and see if I can find confirmation on that one... Better yet, maybe I shouldn't... If that one gets confirmed, I may lose sleep due to being so disappointed in him, not that I was EVER his biggest fan mind you, just DAMN! That "factoid" will NEVER leave my head now...
Edit: br br https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/polit... (show quote)


You seemed to gloss over this link. I sure that was a simple "oversight" (similar to a mis-statement) on your part.

Do you consider CNN legitimate'?
We're still looking into some of the claims Biden made, so this article is not comprehensive. But we can tell you now that he made at least four false claims https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/politics/fact-check-biden-cnn-town-hall-anderson-cooper-milwaukee/index.html

| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 16:41:00   #
Arya Stark Loc: The Derelict Ship Maggie's Revenge
 
TexaCan wrote:
My goodness, and you were “playing” so nice on another thread......convincing others of your victim hood! 👹


GFY TexaSScan

| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 17:46:52   #
TexaCan Loc: Heart in W Texas - feet on the beach in Al.
 
Arya Stark wrote:
GFY TexaSScan


There goes that stellar reputation of yours! 😎

| Reply
 
 
Feb 20, 2021 19:08:28   #
Arya Stark Loc: The Derelict Ship Maggie's Revenge
 
TexaCan wrote:
There goes that stellar reputation of yours! 😎


In what universe do you think I owe you anything?

| Reply
Feb 20, 2021 23:18:59   #
SSDD
 
American Vet wrote:
"Mis-statement". Seems a convenient term for the left. So it is an outright lie.

Thanks for the admission.


Ah, so when someone else claimed that the Continental Army “took over airports” during the Revolutionary War, I should have assumed that it was a lie, not just him being a moron? Good to know. So now you admit Trump was a liar then.

Of course I still think that Trump wasn't lying that time, I am still certain he was just "lettin' his moron show through".

| Reply
Feb 21, 2021 01:42:10   #
Arya Stark Loc: The Derelict Ship Maggie's Revenge
 
SSDD wrote:
Ah, so when someone else claimed that the Continental Army “took over airports” during the Revolutionary War, I should have assumed that it was a lie, not just him being a moron? Good to know. So now you admit Trump was a liar then.

Of course I still think that Trump wasn't lying that time, I am still certain he was just "lettin' his moron show through".



| Reply
Feb 21, 2021 07:12:21   #
American Vet
 
SSDD wrote:
Ah, so when someone else claimed that the Continental Army “took over airports” during the Revolutionary War, I should have assumed that it was a lie, not just him being a moron? Good to know. So now you admit Trump was a liar then.

Of course I still think that Trump wasn't lying that time, I am still certain he was just "lettin' his moron show through".


Suddenly you change to President Trump. He still lives in your head - rent free.

But, you need to show the same outrage at Biden's lies - unless, of course, you are a hypocrite.

So - are you outraged?

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.