One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Lawyers for accused Capitol rioters outline a defense: The president made them do it
Page: 1 2 3 4 next>>
Jan 23, 2021 04:15:47   #
Michael10
 
So if trump told them to jump off a cliff? if he told them to rob a bank? how about murder someone? something tells me this won't hold up in court......




Crystal Hill
Crystal Hill·Reporter
Fri, January 22, 2021, 7:49 PM
Facing federal charges that could land them in prison, some of the defendants charged with participating in the attack at the U.S. Capitol are preparing to shift the blame onto other participants — or to former President Donald Trump.

More than 100 people have been charged preliminarily in federal court in the District of Columbia in connection with the riot, according to a list provided by the Department of Justice. The charges range from knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority to assaulting a federal officer. The most serious offenses carry penalties of up to 20 years in prison, but federal officials have said that more severe charges could be filed.

In many cases, their presence at the Capitol is well-documented in online photos and videos, which prosecutors are using to build their cases.

“It’s hard to rebut roughly 10,000 miles worth of video footage reflecting and depicting my client at the Capitol on Jan. 6,” Albert Watkins, a St. Louis-based attorney who’s representing Jacob Chansley, the shirtless, horned-helmet-wearing man known as the “QAnon shaman,” told Yahoo News.

| Reply
Jan 23, 2021 09:08:00   #
lpnmajor Loc: Arkansas
 
Michael10 wrote:
So if trump told them to jump off a cliff? if he told them to rob a bank? how about murder someone? something tells me this won't hold up in court......




Crystal Hill
Crystal Hill·Reporter
Fri, January 22, 2021, 7:49 PM
Facing federal charges that could land them in prison, some of the defendants charged with participating in the attack at the U.S. Capitol are preparing to shift the blame onto other participants — or to former President Donald Trump.

More than 100 people have been charged preliminarily in federal court in the District of Columbia in connection with the riot, according to a list provided by the Department of Justice. The charges range from knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority to assaulting a federal officer. The most serious offenses carry penalties of up to 20 years in prison, but federal officials have said that more severe charges could be filed.

In many cases, their presence at the Capitol is well-documented in online photos and videos, which prosecutors are using to build their cases.

“It’s hard to rebut roughly 10,000 miles worth of video footage reflecting and depicting my client at the Capitol on Jan. 6,” Albert Watkins, a St. Louis-based attorney who’s representing Jacob Chansley, the shirtless, horned-helmet-wearing man known as the “QAnon shaman,” told Yahoo News.
So if trump told them to jump off a cliff? if he t... (show quote)


The old "the devil made me do it" defense.

| Reply
Jan 23, 2021 10:57:20   #
JFlorio Loc: Seminole Florida
 
Michael10 wrote:
So if trump told them to jump off a cliff? if he told them to rob a bank? how about murder someone? something tells me this won't hold up in court......




Crystal Hill
Crystal Hill·Reporter
Fri, January 22, 2021, 7:49 PM
Facing federal charges that could land them in prison, some of the defendants charged with participating in the attack at the U.S. Capitol are preparing to shift the blame onto other participants — or to former President Donald Trump.

More than 100 people have been charged preliminarily in federal court in the District of Columbia in connection with the riot, according to a list provided by the Department of Justice. The charges range from knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority to assaulting a federal officer. The most serious offenses carry penalties of up to 20 years in prison, but federal officials have said that more severe charges could be filed.

In many cases, their presence at the Capitol is well-documented in online photos and videos, which prosecutors are using to build their cases.

“It’s hard to rebut roughly 10,000 miles worth of video footage reflecting and depicting my client at the Capitol on Jan. 6,” Albert Watkins, a St. Louis-based attorney who’s representing Jacob Chansley, the shirtless, horned-helmet-wearing man known as the “QAnon shaman,” told Yahoo News.
So if trump told them to jump off a cliff? if he t... (show quote)


Who didn't see this coming? Any attorney worth a damn will tell his client to blame his response on Trump. Which automatically makes the defendant a liberal since they never take individual responsibility for anything they get in trouble for.

| Reply
 
 
Jan 23, 2021 11:02:58   #
Rose42
 
Don’t be so quick to dismiss it. One man got his sentence drastically reduced for two pre meditated murders in what became known as the “Twinkie defense”. He had ingested too much sugar.

| Reply
Jan 23, 2021 11:47:17   #
Michael10
 
Rose42 wrote:
Don’t be so quick to dismiss it. One man got his sentence drastically reduced for two pre meditated murders in what became known as the “Twinkie defense”. He had ingested too much sugar.


I won't be surprised at any outcome in the courts but the crime remains the same. trump incited a riotous mob to attempt an insurrection agains our government . That to me is unforgivable I can't look in the other direction because I know the truth. I watched it with my own two eyes Eric, Giuliani then trump himself call for violence against our government. They all should be held responsible and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

| Reply
Jan 23, 2021 11:52:40   #
JFlorio Loc: Seminole Florida
 
Michael10 wrote:
I won't be surprised at any outcome in the courts but the crime remains the same. trump incited a riotous mob to attempt an insurrection agains our government . That to me is unforgivable I can't look in the other direction because I know the truth. I watched it with my own two eyes Eric, Giuliani then trump himself call for violence against our government. They all should be held responsible and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.


You're not very bright or just plain lazy. Probably both. Dumbass Pelosi gave Trump just what he needed by using the word Incite in the Articles of Impeachment. Look up what the law says about the word incite.

| Reply
Jan 23, 2021 12:03:59   #
Michael10
 
JFlorio wrote:
You're not very bright or just plain lazy. Probably both. Dumbass Pelosi gave Trump just what he needed by using the word Incite in the Articles of Impeachment. Look up what the law says about the word incite.


I don't need to look it up I know the meaning.
Incite is to provoke unlawful behavior, trump did this.
insurrection is the violent or forceful uprising against an authority or government
Both words apply to trump's actions before and on Jan.6th

He may not be convicted of these crimes but he damn sure committed them. Saw it with my own two eyes

| Reply
 
 
Jan 23, 2021 12:59:23   #
JFlorio Loc: Seminole Florida
 
Michael10 wrote:
I don't need to look it up I know the meaning.
Incite is to provoke unlawful behavior, trump did this.
insurrection is the violent or forceful uprising against an authority or government
Both words apply to trump's actions before and on Jan.6th

He may not be convicted of these crimes but he damn sure committed them. Saw it with my own two eyes


The proof is a much higher standard than the definition. You cannot show any part of Trumps speech where he told people at the rally to go to the Capital, enter, and destroy property or harm others. Politicians shout every year, take back your country or rights. It's called free speech. You are just another snowflake wussy. Obama shouted, we need to fundamentally change America. Could that be considered inciteful? I guess you will now define speech. good luck with that.

| Reply
Jan 23, 2021 13:23:46   #
LogicallyRight Loc: Chicago
 
Michael10 wrote:
I don't need to look it up I know the meaning.
Incite is to provoke unlawful behavior, trump did this.
insurrection is the violent or forceful uprising against an authority or government
Both words apply to trump's actions before and on Jan.6th

He may not be convicted of these crimes but he damn sure committed them. Saw it with my own two eyes


are you really that naive

| Reply
Jan 23, 2021 17:00:17   #
Michael10
 
LogicallyRight wrote:
are you really that naive


Nothing naive about the truth and my post was truth

| Reply
Jan 23, 2021 17:02:09   #
ChJoe
 
lpnmajor wrote:
The old "the devil made me do it" defense.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kaiLcwHXB4

| Reply
 
 
Jan 23, 2021 19:33:55   #
LogicallyRight Loc: Chicago
 
Michael10 wrote:
Nothing naive about the truth and my post was truth


your delusional

| Reply
Jan 23, 2021 19:39:26   #
kemmer
 
Rose42 wrote:
Don’t be so quick to dismiss it. One man got his sentence drastically reduced for two pre meditated murders in what became known as the “Twinkie defense”. He had ingested too much sugar.

That has become a standard miscarriage of justice. Dan White became an outcast and societal pariah, and killed himself.

| Reply
Jan 23, 2021 19:42:48   #
kemmer
 
JFlorio wrote:
Look up what the law says about the word incite.

Watch Trumps rally before; then there's Giuliani's "trial by combat" battle cry.

| Reply
Jan 23, 2021 20:56:14   #
Blade_Runner Loc: DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
 
Michael10 wrote:
I won't be surprised at any outcome in the courts but the crime remains the same. trump incited a riotous mob to attempt an insurrection agains our government . That to me is unforgivable I can't look in the other direction because I know the truth. I watched it with my own two eyes Eric, Giuliani then trump himself call for violence against our government. They all should be held responsible and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
There are lawyers and lawyers and more lawyers.

Then there is the truth.

President Trump DID NOT under any circumstances incite an insurrection. Neither he nor any one else in his administration "called for violence against our government". That accusation is an absolute lie.

But, the dumb SOB who replaced him, on his first day in office, with the stroke of a pen, killed 100,000 jobs, and that cut alone is going to rapidly expand to at least 4 million lost jobs. That is just the beginning. God only knows what disasters the damned fool will bring on us in his first 100 days.

FYI: The so-called BidenHo administration is illegitimate. At the most, Biden got 40 million votes, the rest were gotten through fraud and cheating.

The Constitution of the United States is diametrically opposed to Marxist socialism. There is no way any American worthy of the name could possibly accept, acknowledge, or embrace a socialist administration backed by Chinese Communists as a legitimate government of the United States of America.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.