One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Biden Should Stop Trump Re-Impeachment
Jan 11, 2021 23:16:33   #
dtucker300 Loc: Vista, CA
 
https://amac.us/biden-should-stop-trump-re-impeachment/?campaign=daily-news-email

Biden Should Stop Trump Re-Impeachment
Posted Monday, January 11, 2021 | By Robert B. Charles

Let us be painfully clear – and fast in clarity. If Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer re-impeach Donald Trump – twisting an established legal standard for “incitement” to match their disdain for Trump – bad things follow. Here is how that works – and why Biden should call them off.

Democrats will move to impeach this week, giddy over controlling both chambers. They will ditch due process, and any semblance of established constitutional procedure. They will have to, as time is short for ousting a president due to leave office anyway in eleven days.

The idea of a measured, multi-month parliamentary inquiry, traditionally premised on dutiful committee work, sound procedure, articulation of historical bases for “high crimes or misdemeanors,” legal representation, fidelity to tradition and honor – will have to be tossed.

The mad dash to impeach – claiming Trump’s injudicious, improvident, reckless remarks amount to “insurrection,” since an unruly mob overran the Capitol – is already well along.

Truth be told, the fast track, slap-dash impeachment may succeed, since that spectacle of violence at the Capitol, resulting in five deaths, was horrifying. Visuals left emotional imprints.

If the case is made that President Trump intended these events, the House and Senate could move like lightening, making the attempted impeachments of Andrew Johnson, Richard Nixon, Bill Clinton, and even the earlier Trump impeachment mockery – look like child’s play.

But here is the arresting reality, which ought to stop Democrats cold. If this sober constitutional remedy for “high crimes and misdemeanors” is – in some slipshod, venal way – reconceived, legally twisted, procedurally accelerated, and suddenly redefined, no president will escape it.

Let me specific. Who does not think, in all honesty, if a power-drunk, fast-tracking Democrat mob in House and Senate exact political vengeance with instant impeachment, a similar move would not emerge in two years, going directly after Biden or Harris, if House and Senate flip?

Is this what Democrats and Republicans want? What any American leader or citizen should want – a suddenly common, debilitating default to presidential impeachments? We are already at the border of that constitutional nightmare – one our Founders would firmly foreswear.

When Democrats unilaterally changed Senate rules for confirming judges, giving their party a sudden leg up on appointments under a Democrat president, they imagined the more historically hesitant, procedurally attentive, often demur, traditional Republicans would not follow suit.

How did that work out? Ask any Democrat how they feel about President Trump’s 220 new federal judges and three new Justices. Point is simple: If you cheapen the process for partisan gain, you forget an iron rule of Washington DC and of politics: What goes around comes around.

Democrats should not expect a more conservative, traditional, history-minded Republican majority – with a 50-50 chance of flipping both House and Senate in 2022 – will forget. No, reality is a swift, pointless, legally unsound impeachment of President Trump – conducted like a Communist kangaroo court in just eleven days – is a shout destined to echo a hundred years.

And the first echo, if history is our guide, could be as early as 2023, two years from now. If discretion is the better part of valor, wisdom the distillate of reason, mercy a balance for justice, decency and respect touchstone of good leaders, this senseless impeachment should be tabled, in favor of holding onto whatever dignity Congress has left.

While this may mean nothing in our shrill political times, rife with vengeance – most living Americans and a majority of those who came before, would say stop this useless impeachment. That said, unless Biden weighs in – claiming magnanimity – the impeachment gambit will go forward. That would be a blow to the Republic as great as recent violence, arguably far worse.

| Reply
Jan 11, 2021 23:30:07   #
debeda
 
dtucker300 wrote:
https://amac.us/biden-should-stop-trump-re-impeachment/?campaign=daily-news-email

Biden Should Stop Trump Re-Impeachment
Posted Monday, January 11, 2021 | By Robert B. Charles

Let us be painfully clear – and fast in clarity. If Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer re-impeach Donald Trump – twisting an established legal standard for “incitement” to match their disdain for Trump – bad things follow. Here is how that works – and why Biden should call them off.

Democrats will move to impeach this week, giddy over controlling both chambers. They will ditch due process, and any semblance of established constitutional procedure. They will have to, as time is short for ousting a president due to leave office anyway in eleven days.

The idea of a measured, multi-month parliamentary inquiry, traditionally premised on dutiful committee work, sound procedure, articulation of historical bases for “high crimes or misdemeanors,” legal representation, fidelity to tradition and honor – will have to be tossed.

The mad dash to impeach – claiming Trump’s injudicious, improvident, reckless remarks amount to “insurrection,” since an unruly mob overran the Capitol – is already well along.

Truth be told, the fast track, slap-dash impeachment may succeed, since that spectacle of violence at the Capitol, resulting in five deaths, was horrifying. Visuals left emotional imprints.

If the case is made that President Trump intended these events, the House and Senate could move like lightening, making the attempted impeachments of Andrew Johnson, Richard Nixon, Bill Clinton, and even the earlier Trump impeachment mockery – look like child’s play.

But here is the arresting reality, which ought to stop Democrats cold. If this sober constitutional remedy for “high crimes and misdemeanors” is – in some slipshod, venal way – reconceived, legally twisted, procedurally accelerated, and suddenly redefined, no president will escape it.

Let me specific. Who does not think, in all honesty, if a power-drunk, fast-tracking Democrat mob in House and Senate exact political vengeance with instant impeachment, a similar move would not emerge in two years, going directly after Biden or Harris, if House and Senate flip?

Is this what Democrats and Republicans want? What any American leader or citizen should want – a suddenly common, debilitating default to presidential impeachments? We are already at the border of that constitutional nightmare – one our Founders would firmly foreswear.

When Democrats unilaterally changed Senate rules for confirming judges, giving their party a sudden leg up on appointments under a Democrat president, they imagined the more historically hesitant, procedurally attentive, often demur, traditional Republicans would not follow suit.

How did that work out? Ask any Democrat how they feel about President Trump’s 220 new federal judges and three new Justices. Point is simple: If you cheapen the process for partisan gain, you forget an iron rule of Washington DC and of politics: What goes around comes around.

Democrats should not expect a more conservative, traditional, history-minded Republican majority – with a 50-50 chance of flipping both House and Senate in 2022 – will forget. No, reality is a swift, pointless, legally unsound impeachment of President Trump – conducted like a Communist kangaroo court in just eleven days – is a shout destined to echo a hundred years.

And the first echo, if history is our guide, could be as early as 2023, two years from now. If discretion is the better part of valor, wisdom the distillate of reason, mercy a balance for justice, decency and respect touchstone of good leaders, this senseless impeachment should be tabled, in favor of holding onto whatever dignity Congress has left.

While this may mean nothing in our shrill political times, rife with vengeance – most living Americans and a majority of those who came before, would say stop this useless impeachment. That said, unless Biden weighs in – claiming magnanimity – the impeachment gambit will go forward. That would be a blow to the Republic as great as recent violence, arguably far worse.
https://amac.us/biden-should-stop-trump-re-impeach... (show quote)


I doubt Biden has a clue what is going on.

| Reply
Jan 11, 2021 23:36:19   #
dtucker300 Loc: Vista, CA
 
debeda wrote:
I doubt Biden has a clue what is going on.


Kamala probably hasn't even told him about last Wednesday.

| Reply
 
 
Jan 11, 2021 23:48:04   #
Weasel Loc: In the Great State Of Indiana!!
 
debeda wrote:
I doubt Biden has a clue what is going on.





| Reply
Jan 11, 2021 23:54:49   #
useful mattoid 45
 
You guys have a new Prez. A cool, fit, non-megalomaniac.

Sorry for you that you're not ecstatic. The majority of the country is :)

| Reply
Jan 11, 2021 23:58:55   #
debeda
 
dtucker300 wrote:
Kamala probably hasn't even told him about last Wednesday.


🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😋

| Reply
Jan 12, 2021 01:48:02   #
LogicallyRight Loc: Chicago
 
dtucker300 wrote:
https://amac.us/biden-should-stop-trump-re-impeachment/?campaign=daily-news-email

Biden Should Stop Trump Re-Impeachment
Posted Monday, January 11, 2021 | By Robert B. Charles

Let us be painfully clear – and fast in clarity. If Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer re-impeach Donald Trump – twisting an established legal standard for “incitement” to match their disdain for Trump – bad things follow. Here is how that works – and why Biden should call them off.

Democrats will move to impeach this week, giddy over controlling both chambers. They will ditch due process, and any semblance of established constitutional procedure. They will have to, as time is short for ousting a president due to leave office anyway in eleven days.

The idea of a measured, multi-month parliamentary inquiry, traditionally premised on dutiful committee work, sound procedure, articulation of historical bases for “high crimes or misdemeanors,” legal representation, fidelity to tradition and honor – will have to be tossed.

The mad dash to impeach – claiming Trump’s injudicious, improvident, reckless remarks amount to “insurrection,” since an unruly mob overran the Capitol – is already well along.

Truth be told, the fast track, slap-dash impeachment may succeed, since that spectacle of violence at the Capitol, resulting in five deaths, was horrifying. Visuals left emotional imprints.

If the case is made that President Trump intended these events, the House and Senate could move like lightening, making the attempted impeachments of Andrew Johnson, Richard Nixon, Bill Clinton, and even the earlier Trump impeachment mockery – look like child’s play.

But here is the arresting reality, which ought to stop Democrats cold. If this sober constitutional remedy for “high crimes and misdemeanors” is – in some slipshod, venal way – reconceived, legally twisted, procedurally accelerated, and suddenly redefined, no president will escape it.

Let me specific. Who does not think, in all honesty, if a power-drunk, fast-tracking Democrat mob in House and Senate exact political vengeance with instant impeachment, a similar move would not emerge in two years, going directly after Biden or Harris, if House and Senate flip?

Is this what Democrats and Republicans want? What any American leader or citizen should want – a suddenly common, debilitating default to presidential impeachments? We are already at the border of that constitutional nightmare – one our Founders would firmly foreswear.

When Democrats unilaterally changed Senate rules for confirming judges, giving their party a sudden leg up on appointments under a Democrat president, they imagined the more historically hesitant, procedurally attentive, often demur, traditional Republicans would not follow suit.

How did that work out? Ask any Democrat how they feel about President Trump’s 220 new federal judges and three new Justices. Point is simple: If you cheapen the process for partisan gain, you forget an iron rule of Washington DC and of politics: What goes around comes around.

Democrats should not expect a more conservative, traditional, history-minded Republican majority – with a 50-50 chance of flipping both House and Senate in 2022 – will forget. No, reality is a swift, pointless, legally unsound impeachment of President Trump – conducted like a Communist kangaroo court in just eleven days – is a shout destined to echo a hundred years.

And the first echo, if history is our guide, could be as early as 2023, two years from now. If discretion is the better part of valor, wisdom the distillate of reason, mercy a balance for justice, decency and respect touchstone of good leaders, this senseless impeachment should be tabled, in favor of holding onto whatever dignity Congress has left.

While this may mean nothing in our shrill political times, rife with vengeance – most living Americans and a majority of those who came before, would say stop this useless impeachment. That said, unless Biden weighs in – claiming magnanimity – the impeachment gambit will go forward. That would be a blow to the Republic as great as recent violence, arguably far worse.
https://amac.us/biden-should-stop-trump-re-impeach... (show quote)


And in 2023 they would have good grounds to impeach both Biden if he is still around and Harris as being elected in a fraudulent election. Let the battles begin>

Logically Right

| Reply
 
 
Jan 12, 2021 01:51:25   #
LogicallyRight Loc: Chicago
 
useful mattoid 45 wrote:
You guys have a new Prez. A cool, fit, non-megalomaniac.

Sorry for you that you're not ecstatic. The majority of the country is :)


*** The majority of the country is
>>>You have to be kidding. I'll give you that a lot of anti Trumpers are glad that the Democrats were able to steal the election to get rid of President Trump. But most of them don't have a clue about Biden. And Biden doesn't have a clue, period.

| Reply
Jan 12, 2021 03:31:49   #
woodguru
 
dtucker300 wrote:

Biden Should Stop Trump Re-Impeachment

Why? Presidents don't interfere with who the house or DOJ goes after

| Reply
Jan 12, 2021 03:33:28   #
woodguru
 
debeda wrote:
I doubt Biden has a clue what is going on.


Like Trump does?

| Reply
Jan 12, 2021 17:57:08   #
debeda
 
LogicallyRight wrote:
And in 2023 they would have good grounds to impeach both Biden if he is still around and Harris as being elected in a fraudulent election. Let the battles begin>

Logically Right


YEP!👍👍👍

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.