One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
New from Wyoming
Page 1 of 2 next>
Jan 11, 2021 08:28:19   #
Lookoutscout
 
And yes, I do not much care for carpetbagger Liz Cheney.

Jan 11, 2021 08:40:05   #
Carol Kelly
 
Lookoutscout wrote:
And yes, I do not much care for carpetbagger Liz Cheney.


Carpetbaggers- bad!

Jan 11, 2021 08:47:07   #
Quakerwidow Loc: Chestertown, MD
 
Welcome. Please remember to use "Quote reply" so we will know to whom (and what) you are replying.

 
 
Jan 11, 2021 08:54:24   #
Carol Kelly
 
Quakerwidow wrote:
Welcome. Please remember to use "Quote reply" so we will know to whom (and what) you are replying.


You didn’t use quote reply!

Jan 11, 2021 09:03:21   #
Quakerwidow Loc: Chestertown, MD
 
Carol Kelly wrote:
You didn’t use quote reply!


This is the "WELCOME Introduce yourself" page, and when I started my post there were no other posts visible .

Jan 11, 2021 09:28:37   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
Lookoutscout wrote:
And yes, I do not much care for carpetbagger Liz Cheney.


Welcome...

What's a carpetbagger???

Jan 11, 2021 09:31:19   #
Quakerwidow Loc: Chestertown, MD
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Welcome...

What's a carpetbagger???


After the American Civil War, it was Northerners carrying carpet bags (heap suistcases of the day) moving into the South and taking over politics there. Have not a clue as to the Liz Cheney reference except I think she is/was wife of Dick.

 
 
Jan 11, 2021 09:33:12   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
Quakerwidow wrote:
After the American Civil War, it was Northerners carrying carpet bags (heap suistcases of the day) moving into the South and taking over politics there. Have not a clue as to the Liz Cheney reference except I think she is/was wife of Dick.


Thanks... I've never heard the term before...


Jan 11, 2021 09:40:41   #
skyrider
 
Quakerwidow wrote:
This is the "WELCOME Introduce yourself" page, and when I started my post there were no other posts visible .


And when I crossed the street there were no cars visible. But suddenly there was, and I got run over.

Jan 11, 2021 09:42:47   #
Quakerwidow Loc: Chestertown, MD
 
skyrider wrote:
And when I crossed the street there were no cars visible. But suddenly there was, and I got run over.


Glad you survived, although that suggests they were probably speeding. Has it come to trial yet?

Jan 11, 2021 10:11:04   #
Lookoutscout
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Welcome...

What's a carpetbagger???


Someone who moves to a Congressional district just to run from that district. Look it up as it is a very old term originating from the Deep South after the Civil War, I believe.

 
 
Jan 11, 2021 10:22:12   #
skyrider
 
Quakerwidow wrote:
Glad you survived, although that suggests they were probably speeding. Has it come to trial yet?


Nah, Supreme Court refused to hear the case. I think it was political discrimination.

Jan 11, 2021 10:24:09   #
Quakerwidow Loc: Chestertown, MD
 
skyrider wrote:
Nah, Supreme Court refused to hear the case. I think it was political discrimination.


And why would the Supreme Court be involved in a traffic case?

Jan 11, 2021 10:35:56   #
skyrider
 
Quakerwidow wrote:
And why would the Supreme Court be involved in a traffic case?


When I went there, because no other Court would listen, that's exactly what they told me.

Jan 11, 2021 10:45:39   #
Quakerwidow Loc: Chestertown, MD
 
skyrider wrote:
When I went there, because no other Court would listen, that's exactly what they told me.


It is more likely that they told you that the Supreme Court is NOT the proper place to bring a traffic violation!

Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.