One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Example of socialist success
Page: 1 2 next>>
Nov 21, 2020 12:32:16   #
American Vet
 
Venezuela’s opposition published photos this weekend of men butchering a dead dog on the streets of Caracas, preparing the meat for cooking in a nation that has been forced to take increasingly extreme measures to avoid a famine.


https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/09/05/venezuelans-eating-dogs-zoo-animals/

| Reply
Nov 21, 2020 12:49:23   #
lpnmajor Loc: Arkansas
 
American Vet wrote:
Venezuela’s opposition published photos this weekend of men butchering a dead dog on the streets of Caracas, preparing the meat for cooking in a nation that has been forced to take increasingly extreme measures to avoid a famine.


https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/09/05/venezuelans-eating-dogs-zoo-animals/


Do you think Venezuela is the only socialist country in the world? It wasn't socialism that ruined that country, it was unrestrained greed and corruption...............................like what is happening here.

| Reply
Nov 21, 2020 12:51:03   #
American Vet
 
lpnmajor wrote:
Do you think Venezuela is the only socialist country in the world? It wasn't socialism that ruined that country, it was unrestrained greed and corruption...............................like what is happening here.


What other countries do you think are 'socialist'?

| Reply
Nov 21, 2020 14:35:20   #
Kevyn
 
American Vet wrote:
Venezuela’s opposition published photos this weekend of men butchering a dead dog on the streets of Caracas, preparing the meat for cooking in a nation that has been forced to take increasingly extreme measures to avoid a famine.


https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/09/05/venezuelans-eating-dogs-zoo-animals/

That isn’t a socialist state it is an authoritarian dictatorship. Look at Norway, Sweden, New Zealand and Finland as examples of Democratic Socialist nations.

| Reply
Nov 21, 2020 14:39:23   #
American Vet
 
Kevyn wrote:
That isn’t a socialist state it is an authoritarian dictatorship. Look at Norway, Sweden, New Zealand and Finland as examples of Democratic Socialist nations.


Incorrect - but thanks for playing.


https://stoppingsocialism.com/2019/12/scandinavian-socialism-myth/

| Reply
Nov 21, 2020 15:35:34   #
DaWg44
 
lpnmajor wrote:
Do you think Venezuela is the only socialist country in the world? It wasn't socialism that ruined that country, it was unrestrained greed and corruption...............................like what is happening here.


I would like to hear you try to convince my family members I have brought out of Venezuela in the last 4 years that Socialism was not the fall of Venezuela. Better yet have a talk with my Cuban family members I brought out in the 70’s.

| Reply
Nov 21, 2020 18:54:39   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
American Vet wrote:


This didn't describe socialism...

| Reply
Nov 21, 2020 18:56:57   #
American Vet
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
This didn't describe socialism...


It wasn’t meant to do so.

| Reply
Nov 21, 2020 18:59:35   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
American Vet wrote:
It wasn’t meant to do so.


My point in was that socialism allows private ownership and low taxation... In fact it encourages it...

| Reply
Nov 21, 2020 19:16:18   #
American Vet
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
My point in was that socialism allows private ownership and low taxation... In fact it encourages it...


But does it happen?

Isn’t socialism where the government controls production distribution and all aspects of it?

| Reply
Nov 21, 2020 19:24:46   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
American Vet wrote:
But does it happen?

Isn’t socialism where the government controls production distribution and all aspects of it?


You're thinking of communism...

| Reply
Nov 21, 2020 19:35:00   #
American Vet
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
You're thinking of communism...


Let me rephrase.

Socialism is ‘communism lite’.

Both are antithetical to capitalism.

Capitalism has brought more prosperity to the entire world than any previous government/economic system/theory.

| Reply
Nov 21, 2020 19:50:41   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
American Vet wrote:
Let me rephrase.

Socialism is ‘communism lite’.

Both are antithetical to capitalism.

Capitalism has brought more prosperity to the entire world than any previous government/economic system/theory.


Socialism is a form of government where certain services are run by the government and the citizens have direct control over who is placed in power....

It embraces capitalism in the private sector...

| Reply
Nov 21, 2020 20:21:26   #
ImLogicallyRight
 
lpnmajor wrote:
Do you think Venezuela is the only socialist country in the world? It wasn't socialism that ruined that country, it was unrestrained greed and corruption...............................like what is happening here.


Yes, the greed and corruption of the left for power

| Reply
Nov 21, 2020 20:22:55   #
ImLogicallyRight
 
DaWg44 wrote:
I would like to hear you try to convince my family members I have brought out of Venezuela in the last 4 years that Socialism was not the fall of Venezuela. Better yet have a talk with my Cuban family members I brought out in the 70’s.


Thanks for what you did for them.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.