One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Did Joe Biden Answer All The Town Hall Questions?
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next>>
Oct 17, 2020 12:24:52   #
TommyRadd Loc: Midwest USA
 
moldyoldy wrote:
I am not saying you specifically, but those of your ilk.


They are not “my ilk”.

| Reply
Oct 17, 2020 12:31:04   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
TexaCan wrote:
Thank God for the unreasonable..............and that Basketfull of Deplorables! 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

May our basket grow in size and number! 😎
——————————

Don’t know how I missed this ~~ but a big
YES



| Reply
Oct 17, 2020 12:45:01   #
debeda
 
moldyoldy wrote:
It should be about law not faith.


Correct. And Ms Barrett's record of ruling for law is impeccable.

| Reply
Oct 17, 2020 12:55:26   #
TommyRadd Loc: Midwest USA
 
debeda wrote:
Correct. And Ms Barrett's record of ruling for law is impeccable.


True, but she doesn’t match the left’s belief system (faith) therefore she is to be rejected for not aligning with their belief system.

Such dishonesty and utter hypocrisy is so draining.

| Reply
Oct 17, 2020 13:00:59   #
debeda
 
TommyRadd wrote:
True, but she doesn’t match the left’s belief system (faith) therefore she is to be rejected for not aligning with their belief system.

Such dishonesty and utter hypocrisy is so draining.


It really is

| Reply
Oct 17, 2020 13:05:38   #
moldyoldy
 
TommyRadd wrote:
Science proves that human life begins at conception. Leftists “believe” otherwise, with no evidence to the contrary other than their personal “religious” values.

The Constitution is clear:

“ We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed...”

To be clear , in their day, the word “men” was understood as both males and mankind in general.

Why does your leftist camp seek the termination of the life of living unborn humans if your overriding moral conviction is “it should be about law and not faith”? What is it other than your “beliefs” that relegates living human beings to nothing but inconvenient tissue mass? And why does your party insist that we who agree with science on the matter must pay for murdering unborn humans with our tax dollars?

You, sir, are the epitome of a hypocrite!
Science proves that human life begins at conceptio... (show quote)


An egg is a chicken by your analogy

| Reply
Oct 17, 2020 13:08:10   #
moldyoldy
 
debeda wrote:
Correct. And Ms Barrett's record of ruling for law is impeccable.


https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/amy-coney-barrett-accused-of-unconscionable-cruelty-in-teen-rape-case/amp/

| Reply
Oct 17, 2020 13:21:16   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
debeda wrote:
Correct. And Ms Barrett's record of ruling for law is impeccable.


Considerably so~~
Barrett was born in 1972 in New Orleans, Louisiana. She graduated from St. Mary's Dominican High School in New Orleans in 1990. She earned her bachelor's degree, magna cum laude, in English literature from Rhodes College in 1994 and her J.D., summa cum laude, from Notre Dame Law School in 1997. She was awarded the university's Hoynes Prize, which is the law school's highest honor. During her legal studies, she served as executive editor of the Notre Dame Law Review.[12]

For some interesting reading on opinions she holds rather than speculate( moldy) why not take a look?? Scroll down to note worthy cases...

https://ballotpedia.org/Amy_Coney_Barrett

| Reply
Oct 17, 2020 13:30:55   #
TommyRadd Loc: Midwest USA
 
moldyoldy wrote:
An egg is a chicken by your analogy


Umm, eggs don’t move away from the knife when they are being cracked like living human beings do in the womb against the instruments of death and destruction that come to rob them of life, liberty and the pursuit happiness.

I, personally, have never yet cracked open an egg where a chicken popped out alive, have you? Let alone where one came out in the full form of a chicken. If a chicken pops out of a cracked egg, was it not a chicken until the egg shell was cracked? What was it before that, a rhinoceros?

The “egg” in its entirety is not a “chicken”, but the living, developing embryo most certainly is. Did you miss that part of science education? Or are you just that determined to impose your belief system on others contrary to science, law and the constitution?

Does the Constitution guarantee life Liberty and pursuit of happiness to chickens? If not, what is your point, other than to minimalize the life of a living human being?

Are you implying that babies that are killed in abortions are harvested for human consumption the way eggs are?

My first daughter sucked her thumb in the womb. She was addicted to that thumb in her early years. We had to eventually put hot sauce on her thumbs to stop it. She was embarrassed to start school and have people make fun of her thumb sucking, so she begged us to help her stop.

Ever seen a chicken embryo act like that? Was that just a mass of tissue sucking it’s thumb in the womb?

Your defense is a subterfuge, you are just proving how much you disdain the constitution and our God-given rights to the free exercise of our religious convictions according to our own consciences, and therefore you are seeking means (excuses) by which to impose yours on the rest of us.

But that is what you leftists do.

Note:edited from original

| Reply
Oct 17, 2020 13:41:14   #
bilordinary Loc: SW Washington
 
moldyoldy wrote:
An egg is a chicken by your analogy


Chickens lay eggs, the ones you get aren't roosterized.
What happens to unfertilized eggs in a person?
Have a nice breakfast.

| Reply
Oct 17, 2020 13:45:49   #
TommyRadd Loc: Midwest USA
 
bilordinary wrote:
Chickens lay eggs, the ones you get aren't roosterized.
What happens to unfertilized eggs in a person?
Have a nice breakfast.


Amen! Thank you!

| Reply
Oct 17, 2020 13:47:42   #
teabag09
 
moldyoldy wrote:
An egg is a chicken by your analogy


The vast majority of eggs, especially those bought in stores or at farmers markets, are unfertilized so to answer you, no it's not a chicken. Just like when a woman has her period she vacates and egg which is not an embryo but if said egg is fertilized it won't be vacated and is indeed an embryo. I hope that isn't over your head. Mike

| Reply
Oct 17, 2020 14:45:40   #
moldyoldy
 
teabag09 wrote:
The vast majority of eggs, especially those bought in stores or at farmers markets, are unfertilized so to answer you, no it's not a chicken. Just like when a woman has her period she vacates and egg which is not an embryo but if said egg is fertilized it won't be vacated and is indeed an embryo. I hope that isn't over your head. Mike


There are stages of development before becoming a baby.

A fetus or foetus is the unborn offspring of an animal that develops from an embryo. Following embryonic development the fetal stage of development takes place. In human prenatal development, fetal development begins from the ninth week after fertilisation and continues until birth. Wikipedia

| Reply
Oct 17, 2020 14:59:01   #
TommyRadd Loc: Midwest USA
 
moldyoldy wrote:
There are stages of development before becoming a baby.

A fetus or foetus is the unborn offspring of an animal that develops from an embryo. Following embryonic development the fetal stage of development takes place. In human prenatal development, fetal development begins from the ninth week after fertilisation and continues until birth. Wikipedia


Calling a living human being “fetus” doesn’t make them unhuman nor lifeless.

There are also “stages of development” in living human beings that have started breathing after leaving the womb (being born).

“Stages of development” apply to living human beings, not blobs of tissue metamorphosizing into a living creature as part of “development”.

Name me one human being ever born who wasn’t totally dependent on others for life for the first years of their breathing existence? Because they are dependent doesn’t make them sub-human. What kind of human being even think like that?

Evidence that life begins at conception: https://www.justfactsdaily.com/the-science-of-abortion-when-does-life-begin

you are still, hypocritically, trying to justify imposing your (unscientific) beliefs on others.

| Reply
Oct 17, 2020 16:48:01   #
moldyoldy
 
TommyRadd wrote:
Calling a living human being “fetus” doesn’t make them unhuman nor lifeless.

There are also “stages of development” in living human beings that have started breathing after leaving the womb (being born).

“Stages of development” apply to living human beings, not blobs of tissue metamorphosizing into a living creature as part of “development”.

Name me one human being ever born who wasn’t totally dependent on others for life for the first years of their breathing existence? Because they are dependent doesn’t make them sub-human. What kind of human being even think like that?

Evidence that life begins at conception: https://www.justfactsdaily.com/the-science-of-abortion-when-does-life-begin

you are still, hypocritically, trying to justify imposing your (unscientific) beliefs on others.
Calling a living human being “fetus” doesn’t make ... (show quote)


You are trying to impose your beliefs on others who have their own beliefs. If you want to not abort then don’t, but you don’t get to tell everyone else what to do.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.