One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Did Joe Biden Answer All The Town Hall Questions?
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next>>
Oct 16, 2020 14:59:10   #
moldyoldy
 
TexaCan wrote:
I see nothing that indicates that she will not be anything but truthful and follow the law, whether it supports the conservative view or the liberal view! I think she will make our country proud of our Judicial System! đź‘Ť


When Barrett was confirmed as a U.S. Circuit Court judge in 2017, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) angered some Catholics by bringing up Barrett’s Catholicism. “You have a long history of believing your religious beliefs should prevail,” Feinstein said to Barrett. “When you read your speeches, the conclusion one draws is that the dogma lives loudly within you. And that’s of concern when you come to big issues that large numbers of people have fought for years in this country.”

| Reply
Oct 16, 2020 17:09:37   #
bylm1-Bernie
 
moldyoldy wrote:
When Barrett was confirmed as a U.S. Circuit Court judge in 2017, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) angered some Catholics by bringing up Barrett’s Catholicism. “You have a long history of believing your religious beliefs should prevail,” Feinstein said to Barrett. “When you read your speeches, the conclusion one draws is that the dogma lives loudly within you. And that’s of concern when you come to big issues that large numbers of people have fought for years in this country.”


Is there really anything wrong with someone holding their own personal beliefs about something they are serious about and expressing them in non-judicial settings? Are judges supposed to be without opinions?
I seem to remember Justice Ginsburg expressing quite a few of her personal beliefs.

| Reply
Oct 16, 2020 17:35:03   #
moldyoldy
 
bylm1-Bernie wrote:
Is there really anything wrong with someone holding their own personal beliefs about something they are serious about and expressing them in non-judicial settings? Are judges supposed to be without opinions?
I seem to remember Justice Ginsburg expressing quite a few of her personal beliefs.


Expressing legal opinions using religious ideas is wrong. You would be up in arms about sharia law.

| Reply
Oct 16, 2020 17:44:01   #
bylm1-Bernie
 
moldyoldy wrote:
Expressing legal opinions using religious ideas is wrong. You would be up in arms about sharia law.


Explain what you mean by that and when did she do it?

| Reply
Oct 16, 2020 17:46:31   #
Marty 2020 Loc: Almost Heaven
 
moldyoldy wrote:
Is this person supposed to be able to rule on the constitution or on the Bible? Her stated beliefs make her unable to be an impartial judge.


Bullshit!

| Reply
Oct 16, 2020 18:28:02   #
moldyoldy
 
bylm1-Bernie wrote:
Explain what you mean by that and when did she do it?


I guess you skipped this post.

When Barrett was confirmed as a U.S. Circuit Court judge in 2017, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) angered some Catholics by bringing up Barrett’s Catholicism. “You have a long history of believing your religious beliefs should prevail,” Feinstein said to Barrett. “When you read your speeches, the conclusion one draws is that the dogma lives loudly within you. And that’s of concern when you come to big issues that large numbers of people have fought for years in this country.”

| Reply
Oct 16, 2020 18:56:25   #
Blade_Runner Loc: DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
 
moldyoldy wrote:
Expressing legal opinions using religious ideas is wrong. You would be up in arms about sharia law.
Why is belief in the Supreme Lawgiver wrong?

Back in the mid 1700s some men got together and guided by their religious beliefs and faith in God, they Declared Independence from a tyrant king, they built an army and fought the most powerful military force in the world at the time. They won the war and guided by their religious beliefs and faith in God, they established a nation called the United States of America.

George Washington
JUDGE; MEMBER OF THE CONTINENTAL CONGRESS; COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE CONTINENTAL ARMY;
PRESIDENT OF THE CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION; FIRST PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES; “FATHER OF HIS COUNTRY”

You do well to wish to learn our arts and ways of life, and above all, the religion of Jesus Christ. These will make you a greater and happier people than you are.

While we are zealously performing the duties of good citizens and soldiers, we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the higher duties of religion. To the distinguished character of Patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian.

The blessing and protection of Heaven are at all times necessary but especially so in times of public distress and danger. The General hopes and trusts that every officer and man will endeavor to live and act as becomes a Christian soldier, defending the dearest rights and liberties of his country.

I now make it my earnest prayer that God would… most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility, and pacific temper of the mind which were the characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed religion.


John Adams
SIGNER OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE; JUDGE; DIPLOMAT; ONE OF TWO SIGNERS
OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS; SECOND PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity. I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God.

Without religion, this world would be something not fit to be mentioned in polite company: I mean hell.

The Christian religion is, above all the religions that ever prevailed or existed in ancient or modern times, the religion of wisdom, virtue, equity and humanity.

Suppose a nation in some distant region should take the Bible for their only law book and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited. . . . What a Eutopia – what a Paradise would this region be!

I have examined all religions, and the result is that the Bible is the best book in the world.


James Madison
AUTHOR AND SIGNER OF THE CONSTITUTION; AUTHOR OF THE FEDERALIST PAPERS; FRAMER OF THE
BILL OF RIGHTS; SECRETARY OF STATE; FOURTH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

A watchful eye must be kept on ourselves lest, while we are building ideal monuments of renown and bliss here, we neglect to have our names enrolled in the Annals of Heaven.

I have sometimes thought there could not be a stronger testimony in favor of religion or against temporal enjoyments, even the most rational and manly, than for men who occupy the most honorable and gainful departments and who are rising in reputation and wealth, publicly to declare their unsatisfactoriness by becoming fervent advocates in the cause of Christ; and I wish you may give in your evidence in this way.


John Quincy Adams
SIXTH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES; DIPLOMAT; SECRETARY OF STATE; U. S. SENATOR;
U. S. REPRESENTATIVE; “OLD MAN ELOQUENT”; “HELL-HOUND OF ABOLITION”

My hopes of a future life are all founded upon the Gospel of Christ and I cannot cavil or quibble away [evade or object to]. . . . the whole tenor of His conduct by which He sometimes positively asserted and at others countenances [permits] His disciples in asserting that He was God.

The hope of a Christian is inseparable from his faith. Whoever believes in the Divine inspiration of the Holy Scriptures must hope that the religion of Jesus shall prevail throughout the earth. Never since the foundation of the world have the prospects of mankind been more encouraging to that hope than they appear to be at the present time. And may the associated distribution of the Bible proceed and prosper till the Lord shall have made “bare His holy arm in the eyes of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God” [Isaiah 52:10].

In the chain of human events, the birthday of the nation is indissolubly linked with the birthday of the Savior. The Declaration of Independence laid the cornerstone of human government upon the first precepts of Christianity.


Samuel Adams
SIGNER OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE; “FATHER OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION”; RATIFIER OF THE U. S. CONSTITUTION; GOVERNOR OF MASSACHUSETTS

I rely upon the merits of Jesus Christ for a pardon of all my sins.

The name of the Lord (says the Scripture) is a strong tower; thither the righteous flee and are safe [Proverbs 18:10]. Let us secure His favor and He will lead us through the journey of this life and at length receive us to a better.

I conceive we cannot better express ourselves than by humbly supplicating the Supreme Ruler of the world . . . that the confusions that are and have been among the nations may be overruled by the promoting and speedily bringing in the holy and happy period when the kingdoms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ may be everywhere established, and the people willingly bow to the scepter of Him who is the Prince of Peace.

He also called on the State of Massachusetts to pray that . . .

the peaceful and glorious reign of our Divine Redeemer may be known and enjoyed throughout the whole family of mankind.
we may with one heart and voice humbly implore His gracious and free pardon through Jesus Christ, supplicating His Divine aid . . . [and] above all to cause the religion of Jesus Christ, in its true spirit, to spread far and wide till the whole earth shall be filled with His glory.
with true contrition of heart to confess their sins to God and implore forgiveness through the merits and mediation of Jesus Christ our Savior.


Congress, 1854
The great, vital, and conservative element in our system is the belief of our people in the pure doctrines and the divine truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.


Congress, U. S. House Judiciary Committee, 1854
Had the people, during the Revolution, had a suspicion of any attempt to war against Christianity, that Revolution would have been strangled in its cradle… In this age, there can be no substitute for Christianity… That was the religion of the founders of the republic and they expected it to remain the religion of their descendants.

| Reply
Oct 16, 2020 19:16:41   #
moldyoldy
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
Why is belief in the Supreme Lawgiver wrong?

Back in the mid 1700s some men got together and guided by their religious beliefs and faith in God, they Declared Independence from a tyrant king, they built an army and fought the most powerful military force in the world at the time. They won the war and guided by their religious beliefs and faith in God, they established a nation called the United States of America.

George Washington
JUDGE; MEMBER OF THE CONTINENTAL CONGRESS; COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE CONTINENTAL ARMY;
PRESIDENT OF THE CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION; FIRST PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES; “FATHER OF HIS COUNTRY”

You do well to wish to learn our arts and ways of life, and above all, the religion of Jesus Christ. These will make you a greater and happier people than you are.

While we are zealously performing the duties of good citizens and soldiers, we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the higher duties of religion. To the distinguished character of Patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian.

The blessing and protection of Heaven are at all times necessary but especially so in times of public distress and danger. The General hopes and trusts that every officer and man will endeavor to live and act as becomes a Christian soldier, defending the dearest rights and liberties of his country.

I now make it my earnest prayer that God would… most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility, and pacific temper of the mind which were the characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed religion.


John Adams
SIGNER OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE; JUDGE; DIPLOMAT; ONE OF TWO SIGNERS
OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS; SECOND PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity. I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God.

Without religion, this world would be something not fit to be mentioned in polite company: I mean hell.

The Christian religion is, above all the religions that ever prevailed or existed in ancient or modern times, the religion of wisdom, virtue, equity and humanity.

Suppose a nation in some distant region should take the Bible for their only law book and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited. . . . What a Eutopia – what a Paradise would this region be!

I have examined all religions, and the result is that the Bible is the best book in the world.


James Madison
AUTHOR AND SIGNER OF THE CONSTITUTION; AUTHOR OF THE FEDERALIST PAPERS; FRAMER OF THE
BILL OF RIGHTS; SECRETARY OF STATE; FOURTH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

A watchful eye must be kept on ourselves lest, while we are building ideal monuments of renown and bliss here, we neglect to have our names enrolled in the Annals of Heaven.

I have sometimes thought there could not be a stronger testimony in favor of religion or against temporal enjoyments, even the most rational and manly, than for men who occupy the most honorable and gainful departments and who are rising in reputation and wealth, publicly to declare their unsatisfactoriness by becoming fervent advocates in the cause of Christ; and I wish you may give in your evidence in this way.


John Quincy Adams
SIXTH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES; DIPLOMAT; SECRETARY OF STATE; U. S. SENATOR;
U. S. REPRESENTATIVE; “OLD MAN ELOQUENT”; “HELL-HOUND OF ABOLITION”

My hopes of a future life are all founded upon the Gospel of Christ and I cannot cavil or quibble away [evade or object to]. . . . the whole tenor of His conduct by which He sometimes positively asserted and at others countenances [permits] His disciples in asserting that He was God.

The hope of a Christian is inseparable from his faith. Whoever believes in the Divine inspiration of the Holy Scriptures must hope that the religion of Jesus shall prevail throughout the earth. Never since the foundation of the world have the prospects of mankind been more encouraging to that hope than they appear to be at the present time. And may the associated distribution of the Bible proceed and prosper till the Lord shall have made “bare His holy arm in the eyes of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God” [Isaiah 52:10].

In the chain of human events, the birthday of the nation is indissolubly linked with the birthday of the Savior. The Declaration of Independence laid the cornerstone of human government upon the first precepts of Christianity.


Samuel Adams
SIGNER OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE; “FATHER OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION”; RATIFIER OF THE U. S. CONSTITUTION; GOVERNOR OF MASSACHUSETTS

I rely upon the merits of Jesus Christ for a pardon of all my sins.

The name of the Lord (says the Scripture) is a strong tower; thither the righteous flee and are safe [Proverbs 18:10]. Let us secure His favor and He will lead us through the journey of this life and at length receive us to a better.

I conceive we cannot better express ourselves than by humbly supplicating the Supreme Ruler of the world . . . that the confusions that are and have been among the nations may be overruled by the promoting and speedily bringing in the holy and happy period when the kingdoms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ may be everywhere established, and the people willingly bow to the scepter of Him who is the Prince of Peace.

He also called on the State of Massachusetts to pray that . . .

the peaceful and glorious reign of our Divine Redeemer may be known and enjoyed throughout the whole family of mankind.
we may with one heart and voice humbly implore His gracious and free pardon through Jesus Christ, supplicating His Divine aid . . . [and] above all to cause the religion of Jesus Christ, in its true spirit, to spread far and wide till the whole earth shall be filled with His glory.
with true contrition of heart to confess their sins to God and implore forgiveness through the merits and mediation of Jesus Christ our Savior.


Congress, 1854
The great, vital, and conservative element in our system is the belief of our people in the pure doctrines and the divine truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.


Congress, U. S. House Judiciary Committee, 1854
Had the people, during the Revolution, had a suspicion of any attempt to war against Christianity, that Revolution would have been strangled in its cradle… In this age, there can be no substitute for Christianity… That was the religion of the founders of the republic and they expected it to remain the religion of their descendants.
Why is belief in the Supreme Lawgiver wrong? br ... (show quote)




Many of the founding fathers—Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Madison and Monroe—practiced a faith called Deism. Deism is a philosophical belief in human reason as a reliable means of solving social and political problems.Jan 8, 2008
Center for American Progress › news
The Founding Fathers' Religious Wisdom - Center for American ...


Quotes on freedom
“The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.” These words, placed in the 1796 Treaty of Tripoli by founding father and first vice-president John Adams, are often used as a springboard for debate.Feb 4, 2018
All That's Interesting ›
founding-fat...
America's Founding Fathers' Religion Is Not What You Think It Is

| Reply
Oct 16, 2020 20:21:46   #
Marty 2020 Loc: Almost Heaven
 
I’m outa here!
Moldy is unbelievable!

| Reply
Oct 17, 2020 08:39:34   #
TommyRadd Loc: Midwest USA
 
bylm1-Bernie wrote:
Calling ACB unqualified tells me all I need to know. I watched the hearings.


Well, on the (only) bright side, like Biden, at least Moldy can read what the leftist teleprompter script says to say. You gotta admit, that is, after all, what gives the left its popularity. None of that nasty “critical thinking” and “personal responsibility” junk required... just leave everything to the gubment to solve all your problems, answer all your questions, and tell you how to think. Ain’t it great? /sarcasm

| Reply
Oct 17, 2020 08:48:51   #
Wonttakeitanymore
 
tbutkovich wrote:
He led off so many of his answers by prefacing his response with the words: “It depends!” For example, if asked a question like “Would You Pack The Supreme Court” and he leads the response with, “It depends” This answer is neither a “yes” or a “no!” He does this to escape from the question.

The answer prefaced with “It Depends” is ambiguous and hence must be declared a non-response. He does this because he does not want to alienate his juxtaposed radical or moderate bases. He doesn’t answer in order to avoid political controversy. He is conning the public by pulling a Nancy Pelosi. “You will know where I stand on the issue after I get elected.” What the hell kind of answer is that?

Anyone who falls for this BS is playing “Russian Roulette” with their vote!
He led off so many of his answers by prefacing his... (show quote)


The Bible tells us to make our yes yes or no no! Biden had to wait for the bug in his ear to catch up with the convo!! The liberal talking heads on the other side of the wire!

| Reply
Oct 17, 2020 10:33:25   #
TommyRadd Loc: Midwest USA
 
moldyoldy wrote:
Many of the founding fathers—Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Madison and Monroe—practiced a faith called Deism. Deism is a philosophical belief in human reason as a reliable means of solving social and political problems.Jan 8, 2008
Center for American Progress › news
The Founding Fathers' Religious Wisdom - Center for American ...


Quotes on freedom
“The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.” These words, placed in the 1796 Treaty of Tripoli by founding father and first vice-president John Adams, are often used as a springboard for debate.Feb 4, 2018
All That's Interesting ›
founding-fat...
America's Founding Fathers' Religion Is Not What You Think It Is
Many of the founding fathers—Washington, Jefferson... (show quote)




Moldy,

You are correct that not all the framers of the Constitution were “Christians”.

Deism does not reject the notion of a Supreme Being, rather, it defines man’s relationship to Him in a unique way:

“Deism is the philosophical position that rejects revelation as a source of religious knowledge and asserts that reason and observation of the natural world are sufficient to establish the existence of a Supreme Being or creator of the universe.”

As a deist, Thomas Jefferson wrote:

"the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth— that God governs in the affairs of men." Max Farrand, ed. (1911). The Records of the Federal Convention of 1787. 1. New Haven: Yale University Press. p. 451.

Your “argument” is therefore a non-sequitur. It has no bearing on the issue, which seems to go right over your head, which is this:

The Christians and deists met together AS Christians and Deists, NOT to deny each other each their individual right to practice their beliefs and convictions in the body politic, but to guarantee each the free expressions of those believes AS part of the body politic.

Thus they collectively arrived at the precise wording:

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...” ( and etc)

Nowhere did any of the Deists or Christians conclude the artificial manufactured “right” of leftists to mean some supposed right “from” religion, which is the opposite of freedom “of” religion, and absolutely negates the words “free exercise thereof” in regards to one’s religious convictions.

You leftists have no commonality with Deists on this point.

Rather, the Deists, whom you attempt to hijack in your defense, DID NOT by any means suppress or deny anyone’s right to speak or to practice their religion openly in, and as members of, the corporate body politic, as your leftist cronies are now attempting in many ways to impose on all Americans.

Until you leftists can acknowledge this basic, foundational truth, and basic human right, you only prove yourself, over and over, to be antithetical to true American liberty, and thus nothing short of traitors to the Constitution, having NO true fidelity to said Constitution, which is the covenant, that holds these United States together, by an unbreakable, immutable bond... which you leftists are “hell-bent” on “fundamentally transforming”.

As long as you act like the fact of “prohibiting the free exercise thereof” isn’t part of the Constitution, you will continue to be met with strong resistance, and rightfully so, by those of us who love the Constitution of the United States of America and the REPUBLIC that it established.

| Reply
Oct 17, 2020 10:44:51   #
moldyoldy
 
TommyRadd wrote:
Moldy,

You are correct that not all the framers of the Constitution were “Christians”.

Deism does not reject the notion of a Supreme Being, rather, it defines man’s relationship to Him in a unique way:

“Deism is the philosophical position that rejects revelation as a source of religious knowledge and asserts that reason and observation of the natural world are sufficient to establish the existence of a Supreme Being or creator of the universe.”

As a deist, Thomas Jefferson wrote:

"the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth— that God governs in the affairs of men." Max Farrand, ed. (1911). The Records of the Federal Convention of 1787. 1. New Haven: Yale University Press. p. 451.

Your “argument” is therefore a non-sequitur. It has no bearing on the issue, which seems to go right over your head, which is this:

The Christians and deists met together AS Christians and Deists, NOT to deny each other each their individual right to practice their beliefs and convictions in the body politic, but to guarantee each the free expressions of those believes AS part of the body politic.

Thus they collectively arrived at the precise wording:

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...” ( and etc)

Nowhere did any of the Deists or Christians conclude the artificial manufactured “right” of leftists to mean some supposed right “from” religion, which is the opposite of freedom “of” religion, and absolutely negates the words “free exercise thereof” in regards to one’s religious convictions.

You leftists have no commonality with Deists on this point.

Rather, the Deists, whom you attempt to hijack in your defense, DID NOT by any means suppress or deny anyone’s right to speak or to practice their religion openly in, and as members of, the corporate body politic, as your leftist cronies are now attempting in many ways to impose on all Americans.

Until you leftists can acknowledge this basic, foundational truth, and basic human right, you only prove yourself, over and over, to be antithetical to true American liberty, and thus nothing short of traitors to the Constitution, having NO true fidelity to said Constitution, which is the covenant, that holds these United States together, by an unbreakable, immutable bond... which you leftists are “hell-bent” on “fundamentally transforming”.

As long as you act like the fact of “prohibiting the free exercise thereof” isn’t part of the Constitution, you will continue to be met with strong resistance, and rightfully so, by those of us who love the Constitution of the United States of America and the REPUBLIC that it established.
Moldy, br br You are correct that not all the fra... (show quote)


Imposing your religion on the populace is unconstitutional. Would you accept sharia law? Keep your religion in your church and home.

| Reply
Oct 17, 2020 10:59:03   #
TommyRadd Loc: Midwest USA
 
moldyoldy wrote:
Imposing your religion on the populace is unconstitutional. Would you accept sharia law? Keep your religion in your church and home.


Thank you for proving my point that all you do is read from the leftist teleprompter/script and don’t apply true critical thinking skills.

Where did I say or imply that a Christian or Deist, having the God-given, Constitutionally protected right to freely and openly practice his or her religion, equates to a “right” or authority” to make you or anyone else “practice” said religion?

Why is it so hard for you to acknowledge: “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof”

| Reply
Oct 17, 2020 11:06:44   #
debeda
 
America 1 wrote:
Maybe advertising the Depends he is wearing.


🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.