One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
US Judge orders Iran to pay $1.45 B to family of missing ex-FBI agent...Robert Levinson
Page: 1 2 3 4 next>>
Oct 6, 2020 17:22:31   #
proud republican Loc: RED CALIFORNIA
 
https://nypost.com/2020/10/06/judge-orders-iran-to-pay-1-45b-to-family-of-missing-ex-fbi-agent/

What are the chances Iran will actually pay a dime??

| Reply
Oct 6, 2020 18:15:48   #
bmac32 Loc: West Florida
 
Not a red cent.




proud republican wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/10/06/judge-orders-iran-to-pay-1-45b-to-family-of-missing-ex-fbi-agent/

What are the chances Iran will actually pay a dime??

| Reply
Oct 6, 2020 18:47:38   #
son of witless
 
proud republican wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/10/06/judge-orders-iran-to-pay-1-45b-to-family-of-missing-ex-fbi-agent/

What are the chances Iran will actually pay a dime??


They might pay it. If Vice Perpetrator Joe Biden is elected President, and he gives Iran Mo Money, this judge could impound the cash.

| Reply
Oct 6, 2020 19:41:49   #
proud republican Loc: RED CALIFORNIA
 
bmac32 wrote:
Not a red cent.


I agree !

| Reply
Oct 6, 2020 22:13:33   #
lpnmajor Loc: Arkansas
 
proud republican wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/10/06/judge-orders-iran-to-pay-1-45b-to-family-of-missing-ex-fbi-agent/

What are the chances Iran will actually pay a dime??


Bad odds that.

| Reply
Oct 6, 2020 22:22:55   #
Crayons Loc: St Jo, Texas
 
proud republican wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/10/06/judge-orders-iran-to-pay-1-45b-to-family-of-missing-ex-fbi-agent/

What are the chances Iran will actually pay a dime??

This was Hillbilly Klintock's and Bad Boob Mueller's Problem...They should pay since they created this crisis

| Reply
Oct 7, 2020 01:59:41   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
proud republican wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/10/06/judge-orders-iran-to-pay-1-45b-to-family-of-missing-ex-fbi-agent/

What are the chances Iran will actually pay a dime??


Zero... American courts have no jurisdiction over Iran...

Or any other nation...

| Reply
Oct 7, 2020 19:11:56   #
son of witless
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Zero... American courts have no jurisdiction over Iran...

Or any other nation...


If there are ever any Iranian assets once again in the US, American Courts would have jurisdiction. If President Biden was to send another pallet of cash to the Mullahs, it could be impounded before it got airborne.

| Reply
Oct 8, 2020 00:58:06   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
son of witless wrote:
If there are ever any Iranian assets once again in the US, American Courts would have jurisdiction. If President Biden was to send another pallet of cash to the Mullahs, it could be impounded before it got airborne.


Because owners privately owned assets are somehow responsible???

| Reply
Oct 8, 2020 15:14:52   #
son of witless
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Because owners privately owned assets are somehow responsible???


????????????????

Obama gave money to the Iranian Government. I am saying a President Biden would do it again. Where is my logic failing ?

| Reply
Oct 8, 2020 18:47:02   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
son of witless wrote:
????????????????

Obama gave money to the Iranian Government. I am saying a President Biden would do it again. Where is my logic failing ?


Obama didn't give money to Iran... He returned money that was always Iran's...

| Reply
Oct 9, 2020 20:49:31   #
son of witless
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Obama didn't give money to Iran... He returned money that was always Iran's...


I absolutely dispute that. The United States had the right of possession when they seized that money. We could hold onto it as long as we wanted to. In WW2 the US seized ships belonging to the Axis and did not give them back even though by your reasoning they needed to.

Iran' s Islamic Government is our enemy. Only the Village Idiot Barry Obama would have given them that money. I agree that the money needs to go to the Iranian people, which it did not. We should have held onto that money indefinitely until a Democratic Government took over in Iran, and only then returned the money.

Barak Obama, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, and anyone else involved in that decision, all should be ashamed for following in the Neville Chamberlin footsteps of naked Appeasement of Evil.

At any rate if President Joe Biden wishes to again Appease the Islamic Government of Iran with a cash gift, I see no reason that an American Judge could not order it seized.

| Reply
Oct 9, 2020 20:56:09   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
son of witless wrote:
I absolutely dispute that. The United States had the right of possession when they seized that money. We could hold onto it as long as we wanted to. In WW2 the US seized ships belonging to the Axis and did not give them back even though by your reasoning they needed to.

Iran' s Islamic Government is our enemy. Only the Village Idiot Barry Obama would have given them that money. I agree that the money needs to go to the Iranian people, which it did not. We should have held onto that money indefinitely until a Democratic Government took over in Iran, and only then returned the money.

Barak Obama, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, and anyone else involved in that decision, all should be ashamed for following in the Neville Chamberlin footsteps of naked Appeasement of Evil.

At any rate if President Joe Biden wishes to again Appease the Islamic Government of Iran with a cash gift, I see no reason that an American Judge could not order it seized.
I absolutely dispute that. The United States had t... (show quote)


That would make sense if America had declated war on Iran.. Or did I miss that?

| Reply
Oct 10, 2020 19:25:39   #
son of witless
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
That would make sense if America had declated war on Iran.. Or did I miss that?


The US of A was never at war with Iran, and yet every American President since Jimmy Carter did not give that money back to Iran. Declared war or not, Iran is America's enemy. Barak Obama gave that money back to Iran, not because it was owed, but because he was paying hostage ransom to Iran and because he wanted the Iran nuclear deal at any cost.

That makes President Obama the weakest President in American history. Weaker than Jimmy Carter. It also makes him the second worst US President in history. The only worse President was James Buchanan.

| Reply
Oct 10, 2020 22:05:16   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
son of witless wrote:
The US of A was never at war with Iran, and yet every American President since Jimmy Carter did not give that money back to Iran. Declared war or not, Iran is America's enemy. Barak Obama gave that money back to Iran, not because it was owed, but because he was paying hostage ransom to Iran and because he wanted the Iran nuclear deal at any cost.

That makes President Obama the weakest President in American history. Weaker than Jimmy Carter. It also makes him the second worst US President in history. The only worse President was James Buchanan.
The US of A was never at war with Iran, and yet ev... (show quote)


That's a fair opinion...

But it doesn't support your stance that America could legally confiscate funds from an entity you're not at war with...

I disagreed with the nuclear deal... But I agreed with returning the money... At least he got something for it...

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.