One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Query
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
Sep 15, 2020 07:41:10   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
Would you say that Jews tend to be more traditional than Christians or other faiths???

| Reply
Sep 15, 2020 07:48:25   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Would you say that Jews tend to be more traditional than Christians or other faiths???


My sister in law raised as a Jew, practices some of the religious aspects of jews and christianity..She says being Jewish is mainly a matter of ancestry and/or culture, while traditional jewish religion is part of that more so then committed in a Christianity philosophy..

| Reply
Sep 15, 2020 08:27:57   #
tNotMyPrez Loc: So. CA, USA
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Would you say that Jews tend to be more traditional than Christians or other faiths???

Whether or not an individual of any faith is traditional really depends upon how many of the precepts and laws one "chooses" to follow.

If we assign everything to a sliding scale of 1 to 10, "1" being not following too many rules - - or liberal - - and "10" being mostly following everything to the letter - - or conservative - - then my use of the word "traditional" would be defined as followers or believers from about 8 to 10.

That may not be someone else's interpretation, but it's what my answer is predicated upon. However, there is then the question of how firm, or militant, a believer is in what is believed. AND there is also the consideration of what's in a person's heart.

I'll use an example of North Korea, where they give praise to the great leader, rather than to God, for everything because they're required to. If you watched Lisa Ling go to NK, you can see that what's in their heart isn't what they verbalize - - and what they verbalize is out of fear. But the "religion" of NK is certainly not worldwide.

Anyway, if we just examine the 3 major Abrahamic beliefs: Judaism, Christianity and Islam, and look at the spectrum scale for how many of the faithful follow the greater quantity of its "rules", I'd suppose that you'd find that a larger number of those practicing Islam would fall on the traditional side.

But, that may only be because the majority are living in a country where they're "required" to follow the leader, and not their heart. When some are westernized, I think they can slide to either the Moderate (4, 5, 6) or fewer to the Liberal (1, 2, 3) side of the scale.

The Jewish and the Christians don't tend to live in places where they are required to follow their religion, so you will always find a good many 1's, 10's and everything in between, mainly because of what's known as cherry-picking.

Interesting question but now, why do you ask

| Reply
Sep 15, 2020 09:16:29   #
amadjuster Loc: Texas Panhandle
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Would you say that Jews tend to be more traditional than Christians or other faiths???


It depends on if they are Orthodox, Conservative, or Reformed. It also depends on if they are religious. People are mostly born Jewish, but not all Jews are religious.

| Reply
Sep 15, 2020 09:27:41   #
billy a Loc: South Florida
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Would you say that Jews tend to be more traditional than Christians or other faiths???


The Jewish families I know that practice traditional Jewish culture seem to be a much stronger family-unit...even if all the principles of the faith aren't adhered to.
That said, the "Nuclear Family" is producing much more productive and morally sound individuals than a broken-home. And that's just one aspect of the matter.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Christian traditions are under attack, and need to be vigorously defended.
Take care, Canuck...

| Reply
Sep 15, 2020 09:32:56   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
amadjuster wrote:
It depends on if they are Orthodox, Conservative, or Reformed. It also depends on if they are religious. People are mostly born Jewish, but not all Jews are religious.


Why isn’t it a simple matter of what your personal belief is about your faith.? We can assign a lot of creative reasons on why and what defines a religion or religion itself when in fact doesn’t it simply boils down to what your heart believes and what you feel personally??

| Reply
Sep 15, 2020 09:39:08   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
tNotMyPrez wrote:
Whether or not an individual of any faith is traditional really depends upon how many of the precepts and laws one "chooses" to follow.

If we assign everything to a sliding scale of 1 to 10, "1" being not following too many rules - - or liberal - - and "10" being mostly following everything to the letter - - or conservative - - then my use of the word "traditional" would be defined as followers or believers from about 8 to 10.

That may not be someone else's interpretation, but it's what my answer is predicated upon. However, there is then the question of how firm, or militant, a believer is in what is believed. AND there is also the consideration of what's in a person's heart.

I'll use an example of North Korea, where they give praise to the great leader, rather than to God, for everything because they're required to. If you watched Lisa Ling go to NK, you can see that what's in their heart isn't what they verbalize - - and what they verbalize is out of fear. But the "religion" of NK is certainly not worldwide.

Anyway, if we just examine the 3 major Abrahamic beliefs: Judaism, Christianity and Islam, and look at the spectrum scale for how many of the faithful follow the greater quantity of its "rules", I'd suppose that you'd find that a larger number of those practicing Islam would fall on the traditional side.

But, that may only be because the majority are living in a country where they're "required" to follow the leader, and not their heart. When some are westernized, I think they can slide to either the Moderate (4, 5, 6) or fewer to the Liberal (1, 2, 3) side of the scale.

The Jewish and the Christians don't tend to live in places where they are required to follow their religion, so you will always find a good many 1's, 10's and everything in between, mainly because of what's known as cherry-picking.

Interesting question but now, why do you ask
Whether or not an individual of any faith is tradi... (show quote)


Good point....

I should have explained that...

Met a Jewish guy in line today... He started the interaction by explaining how Nazis ragged on him for being gay...

I wanted to know if any of the Nazis were among the group I was in....

And then I asked a stupid question....

And he spazzed out... Totally triggered...

But I didn't think the question was out of line....





| Reply
Sep 15, 2020 09:44:51   #
amadjuster Loc: Texas Panhandle
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Good point....

I should have explained that...

Met a Jewish guy in line today... He started the interaction by explaining how Nazis ragged on him for being gay...

I wanted to know if any of the Nazis were among the group I was in....

And then I asked a stupid question....

And he spazzed out... Totally triggered...

But I didn't think the question was out of line....


This person needs to read his Torah.

| Reply
Sep 15, 2020 09:58:20   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
amadjuster wrote:
This person needs to read his Torah.


According to him there are now queer rabbis and homosexuality is tolerated by Judaism..

| Reply
Sep 15, 2020 10:01:48   #
amadjuster Loc: Texas Panhandle
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
According to him there are now queer rabbis and homosexuality is tolerated by Judaism..


Moses and YHWH would disagree.

| Reply
Sep 15, 2020 10:02:34   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
amadjuster wrote:
Moses and YHWH would disagree.


Pointing that out makes you homophobic😂😂😂

| Reply
Sep 15, 2020 10:08:53   #
amadjuster Loc: Texas Panhandle
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Pointing that out makes you homophobic😂😂😂


Damn! Does that mean I cannot refer to my bedroom, bathroom and closet as "Master"?

| Reply
Sep 15, 2020 10:13:57   #
Marty 2020 Loc: Almost Heaven
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Would you say that Jews tend to be more traditional than Christians or other faiths???


There’s nothing traditional about being a Christian. We do whatever the Holy Spirit tells us to do, today.
No tradition involved. It may be similar to other days, but, obedience today is what matters.
Jews are traditional due to God temporarily blinding them until the fullness of the gentiles.
Christiandom on the other hand is traditional due to Satan deceiving people, as he has done since the beginning. Tradition equals compliance.

| Reply
Sep 15, 2020 10:48:08   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
amadjuster wrote:
Damn! Does that mean I cannot refer to my bedroom, bathroom and closet as "Master"?


You're catching on...

Careful you don't go too far left

| Reply
Sep 15, 2020 10:49:16   #
amadjuster Loc: Texas Panhandle
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
You're catching on...

Careful you don't go too far left


I can't use primary either?!
Oh, the agony.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.