One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Thank you for the fires GOP!
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 next>>
Sep 12, 2020 06:01:41   #
Peewee Loc: San Antonio, TX
 
straightUp wrote:
Of course there are many causes that spark the fires raging across the western states and we really can't track them down to one cause. But there's more to starting a fire than a spark. You need three things... heat (such as a spark) oxygen and fuel.

It's the fuel that makes these fires so much worse now than they used to be. There's more of it. Why? because of increased drought conditions... the lack of rain kills the vegetation and dries the biomass into fuel for fire. Of course droughts have always been a problem in the western states and so have fires, but for some reason the current drought which started in 2012, has been more severe and prolonged than any previous drought on record and with it comes a series of record-breaking fires with every year getting worse.

Scientists at NOAA are saying this drought would have been bad anyway but not nearly as bad as it is due to... yup, I'm going to say it... Global Warming.

I can remember reading the studies as far back as 1978 that predicted these conditions... if we don't curb our emissions, because of the greenhouse effect. Then I watched that concern turn into a political battle with Democrats asking for the concern to be addressed and Republicans downplaying the studies and denying the science upon which they were based. Obviously, the Republicans were protecting the oil business which didn't want to sacrifice any part of their profit for a cleaner environment.

The Republican people voted big oil tycoons to the White House and sent their loved ones to fight wars to advance oil profits. Republicans have always been on the side of burning fossil fuels without any concern for the consequences.

42 years after I first read about global warming and it's potential outcomes, I am witnessing exactly what they predicted. We did NOT curb our emissions. The Republicans got in the way. Everytime we tried, the Republicans would reverse our efforts. I watched it happen... for 40 years!

So when I see those fires raging, blotting out the sky, destroying forests and structures, killing people and animals alike, I blame the Republicans. I don't accept ignorance on this one. There is no lack of information on this. After 40 years, if people STILL don't get it, it's because they choose not to. Therefore the lives lost in the fires was by choice. The choice made by Republicans... election after election.

And that goes for ALL people who have voted Republican over the last 40 years. Even those of you reading this. Yes, I am telling these Republicans with the utmost clarity... YOU are to blame for the fires and all the lives these fires will claim. 100%!
Of course there are many causes that spark the fir... (show quote)


I know I'm wasted my breathe, but you really should realise by now they are some that are playing both sides against one another. Dem's and Rinos including the military complex, CIA, Wall Street, and others. Bet all the Dem leadership own oil stocks, directly or indirectly. Newsome is burning your forests to push climate change is real, when it isn't. Don't the Rothschilds run one of your largest utility companies?

| Reply
Sep 12, 2020 06:04:01   #
Peewee Loc: San Antonio, TX
 
straightUp wrote:
Not much of a counter argument. Probably because you HAVE no counter argument. If you have a history of voting Republican Carol, you ARE responsible for the loss of those lives. The families, dogs, cats, horses, they died because of you. Of course it would take a bigger person to own up to this. Not something you see among Republicans, so your response really isn't surprising.


Her comment was valid. You, trying to blame her is invalid.

| Reply
Sep 12, 2020 07:12:05   #
Dragnet
 
straightUp wrote:
Of course there are many causes that spark the fires raging across the western states and we really can't track them down to one cause. But there's more to starting a fire than a spark. You need three things... heat (such as a spark) oxygen and fuel.

It's the fuel that makes these fires so much worse now than they used to be. There's more of it. Why? because of increased drought conditions... the lack of rain kills the vegetation and dries the biomass into fuel for fire. Of course droughts have always been a problem in the western states and so have fires, but for some reason the current drought which started in 2012, has been more severe and prolonged than any previous drought on record and with it comes a series of record-breaking fires with every year getting worse.

Scientists at NOAA are saying this drought would have been bad anyway but not nearly as bad as it is due to... yup, I'm going to say it... Global Warming.

I can remember reading the studies as far back as 1978 that predicted these conditions... if we don't curb our emissions, because of the greenhouse effect. Then I watched that concern turn into a political battle with Democrats asking for the concern to be addressed and Republicans downplaying the studies and denying the science upon which they were based. Obviously, the Republicans were protecting the oil business which didn't want to sacrifice any part of their profit for a cleaner environment.

The Republican people voted big oil tycoons to the White House and sent their loved ones to fight wars to advance oil profits. Republicans have always been on the side of burning fossil fuels without any concern for the consequences.

42 years after I first read about global warming and it's potential outcomes, I am witnessing exactly what they predicted. We did NOT curb our emissions. The Republicans got in the way. Everytime we tried, the Republicans would reverse our efforts. I watched it happen... for 40 years!

So when I see those fires raging, blotting out the sky, destroying forests and structures, killing people and animals alike, I blame the Republicans. I don't accept ignorance on this one. There is no lack of information on this. After 40 years, if people STILL don't get it, it's because they choose not to. Therefore the lives lost in the fires was by choice. The choice made by Republicans... election after election.

And that goes for ALL people who have voted Republican over the last 40 years. Even those of you reading this. Yes, I am telling these Republicans with the utmost clarity... YOU are to blame for the fires and all the lives these fires will claim. 100%!
Of course there are many causes that spark the fir... (show quote)



The real blame is the environmental wackos that prevent the professionals from taking appropriate preventive actions. LET THEM DO THIER JOBS.
By the way, this man made global warming is just a hoax. The earth has been warming and cooling for ions.

| Reply
Sep 12, 2020 07:47:18   #
drlarrygino
 
straightUp wrote:
Of course there are many causes that spark the fires raging across the western states and we really can't track them down to one cause. But there's more to starting a fire than a spark. You need three things... heat (such as a spark) oxygen and fuel.

It's the fuel that makes these fires so much worse now than they used to be. There's more of it. Why? because of increased drought conditions... the lack of rain kills the vegetation and dries the biomass into fuel for fire. Of course droughts have always been a problem in the western states and so have fires, but for some reason the current drought which started in 2012, has been more severe and prolonged than any previous drought on record and with it comes a series of record-breaking fires with every year getting worse.

Scientists at NOAA are saying this drought would have been bad anyway but not nearly as bad as it is due to... yup, I'm going to say it... Global Warming.

I can remember reading the studies as far back as 1978 that predicted these conditions... if we don't curb our emissions, because of the greenhouse effect. Then I watched that concern turn into a political battle with Democrats asking for the concern to be addressed and Republicans downplaying the studies and denying the science upon which they were based. Obviously, the Republicans were protecting the oil business which didn't want to sacrifice any part of their profit for a cleaner environment.

The Republican people voted big oil tycoons to the White House and sent their loved ones to fight wars to advance oil profits. Republicans have always been on the side of burning fossil fuels without any concern for the consequences.

42 years after I first read about global warming and it's potential outcomes, I am witnessing exactly what they predicted. We did NOT curb our emissions. The Republicans got in the way. Everytime we tried, the Republicans would reverse our efforts. I watched it happen... for 40 years!

So when I see those fires raging, blotting out the sky, destroying forests and structures, killing people and animals alike, I blame the Republicans. I don't accept ignorance on this one. There is no lack of information on this. After 40 years, if people STILL don't get it, it's because they choose not to. Therefore the lives lost in the fires was by choice. The choice made by Republicans... election after election.

And that goes for ALL people who have voted Republican over the last 40 years. Even those of you reading this. Yes, I am telling these Republicans with the utmost clarity... YOU are to blame for the fires and all the lives these fires will claim. 100%!
Of course there are many causes that spark the fir... (show quote)


Here are the 2 real reasons for these vicious fires going on in California. The inability of Jerry Brown and Gavin Gruesome (2 alt rat-ical demorats)to implement the clear cutting of dead trees and dead wood debris by their Forest Service and the spraying of aluminium oxide/barium by way of chemtrails and a process of geoengineering. The aluminium and barium increases the intensity of fires and will even leap over rivers and streams to continue the burning process. The GOP has nothing to do with this. Why do you think 40,000 firemen are needed to put these fires out???

| Reply
Sep 12, 2020 07:54:19   #
Dragnet
 
Totally agree. Spot on

| Reply
Sep 12, 2020 08:13:13   #
4430 Loc: Little Egypt ** Southern Illinory
 
straightUp wrote:


Also, there would be no 4 feet of dead wood if not for the severity of the drought. The forests have NEVER been cleared out and yet these fires are record breaking. Obviously then, NOT clearing the undergrowth is NOT the underlying cause of the severity of these fires.

BTW, most of the fires burning in California are on land managed by the federal government under
Trump. So you may want to change your excuse if you don't want to implicate the fuhrer.



It's no wonder there are all these fires it's due to the lack of logging and clearing all the under brush that accumulates because of all you self righteous tree huggers claiming it for the saving of the Spotted Owls !

SO how are the Spotted Owls and all the animals fairing now ?

You are nothing more than a left wing nut that is totally clueless and won't take responsibility for the stupid ideas you all can come up with !

Then you have the audacity to blame Trump and the Republicans typical leftist progressive Democrats !

It's no wonder that you and your kind all are looked at with disgust

| Reply
Sep 12, 2020 08:29:50   #
Rose42
 
Abbie Hoffman wrote:
I agree with everything you said.


Your dishonesty is expected rumitoid. But the intellectual idiocy and dishonesty displayed by straightup is a surprise.

| Reply
Sep 12, 2020 09:54:57   #
wilpharm
 
straightUp wrote:
Of course there are many causes that spark the fires raging across the western states and we really can't track them down to one cause. But there's more to starting a fire than a spark. You need three things... heat (such as a spark) oxygen and fuel.

It's the fuel that makes these fires so much worse now than they used to be. There's more of it. Why? because of increased drought conditions... the lack of rain kills the vegetation and dries the biomass into fuel for fire. Of course droughts have always been a problem in the western states and so have fires, but for some reason the current drought which started in 2012, has been more severe and prolonged than any previous drought on record and with it comes a series of record-breaking fires with every year getting worse.

Scientists at NOAA are saying this drought would have been bad anyway but not nearly as bad as it is due to... yup, I'm going to say it... Global Warming.

I can remember reading the studies as far back as 1978 that predicted these conditions... if we don't curb our emissions, because of the greenhouse effect. Then I watched that concern turn into a political battle with Democrats asking for the concern to be addressed and Republicans downplaying the studies and denying the science upon which they were based. Obviously, the Republicans were protecting the oil business which didn't want to sacrifice any part of their profit for a cleaner environment.

The Republican people voted big oil tycoons to the White House and sent their loved ones to fight wars to advance oil profits. Republicans have always been on the side of burning fossil fuels without any concern for the consequences.

42 years after I first read about global warming and it's potential outcomes, I am witnessing exactly what they predicted. We did NOT curb our emissions. The Republicans got in the way. Everytime we tried, the Republicans would reverse our efforts. I watched it happen... for 40 years!

So when I see those fires raging, blotting out the sky, destroying forests and structures, killing people and animals alike, I blame the Republicans. I don't accept ignorance on this one. There is no lack of information on this. After 40 years, if people STILL don't get it, it's because they choose not to. Therefore the lives lost in the fires was by choice. The choice made by Republicans... election after election.

And that goes for ALL people who have voted Republican over the last 40 years. Even those of you reading this. Yes, I am telling these Republicans with the utmost clarity... YOU are to blame for the fires and all the lives these fires will claim. 100%!
Of course there are many causes that spark the fir... (show quote)


what a friggin dork you are!!! yup, lightning, arsonist, & drought have GOP written all over th....you are truly a sad dude!!!!!!!!

| Reply
Sep 12, 2020 09:55:48   #
wilpharm
 
drlarrygino wrote:
Here are the 2 real reasons for these vicious fires going on in California. The inability of Jerry Brown and Gavin Gruesome (2 alt rat-ical demorats)to implement the clear cutting of dead trees and dead wood debris by their Forest Service and the spraying of aluminium oxide/barium by way of chemtrails and a process of geoengineering. The aluminium and barium increases the intensity of fires and will even leap over rivers and streams to continue the burning process. The GOP has nothing to do with this. Why do you think 40,000 firemen are needed to put these fires out???
Here are the 2 real reasons for these vicious fire... (show quote)


whoosh...way over op,s head!!!!!!

| Reply
Sep 12, 2020 10:10:18   #
straightUp Loc: California
 
Blade_Runner wrote:

Blade_Runner wrote:
Man, you must really think we are stupid.
straightUp wrote:
When it comes to politics... yes, I do.

That's a rather high opinion of yourself.

That's not a high opinion of myself, it's a low opinion of Republicans… specifically when it comes to politics. And just to clarify, I am referring to Republican voters. Their leaders are very smart about taking advantage of Republican voter stupidity.

So there ya go. ;)

Blade_Runner wrote:

Where did you acquire such superior political savvy?

Is that what you're calling it? Superior? Huh. Well, I got my "superior" savvy from about 40 years of interest in politics starting off with a major in journalism.

Blade_Runner wrote:

Do you know as much about conservative political philosophy as you think you do about progressive socialist political philosophy?

Yes, I would say so.

Blade_Runner wrote:

How about postmodern philosophy, know anything about that? You should, it is reflected in your pseudo-intellectual self-righteous responses to us Untermensch.

How very Nazi of you. But to be clear, I have never suggested any of you are "inferior people" I was very clear in saying Republicans are stupid when it comes to politics. I'm stupid when it comes to why women take so long to get ready to go out. See, how that works?

Don't be such a victim.

Blade_Runner wrote:
For decades, climate alarmists have been warning that, without a United Nations-run global “climate” regime to control human activity, alleged man-made “climate change” will bring the wrath of “Mother Earth” down upon humanity.

Looks like they were right.

Blade_Runner wrote:

They did it again from November 30 to December 11, 2015 at the Paris Summit on Climate Change, and warned, yet again, that it is the “last chance” to save humanity from itself.

Yep.

Blade_Runner wrote:

But climate alarmists have a long history of forecasting disaster — and of being wrong about everything.

So… that's it? No actual counter-argument to what the climate experts are saying? Just a reversion to a myth about science being wrong most of the time?

[quote=Blade_Runner]
In fact, stretching back decades, virtually every alarmist prediction that was testable has been proven embarrassingly wrong. What follows is just a tiny sampling of those discredited claims.

A new ice age and worldwide starvation:

Global warming — temperature predictions:
[i]Perhaps nowhere has the stunning failure of climate predictions been better illustrated than in the “climate models” used by the UN. The UN climate bureaucracy, known as the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), produces periodic reports on “climate science” — often dubbed the “Bible” of climatology. In its latest iteration, the Fifth Assessment Report (AR5), the UN featured 73 computer models and their predictions. All of them “predicted” varying degrees of increased warming as atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide (CO2) increased.
[/quote]
So I'm wondering how you are calling a prediction for rising temperatures a warning about a new ice age. You seem confused.

Blade_Runner wrote:

The problem is that every single model was wrong — by a lot. Not only did temperatures not rise by as much as the models predicted, they have failed to rise at all since around 1996, according to data collected by five official temperature data­sets. Based just on the laws of probability, a monkey rolling the dice would have done far better at predicting future temperatures than the UN’s models. That suggests deliberate fraud is likely at work.[/i]

Oooh, five "official" but unnamed datasets! Ha, ha… For all I know that could be five of those weather station gadgets you can get on Amazon set up in the living rooms of five Republican idiots. LOL

Here's the data according to the NOAA which uses thousands of datasets from sources that range from old records (humans started recording temps in 1880) to thousands of modern instruments scattered all over the world.



As you can clearly see, you're wrong. And just so you know it's not just a matter of which source I trust. I know that's how you conservatives operate because yours is a culture of blind faith. But I actually understand how the greenhouse effect works, so not only is the NOAA data much more exhaustive that your mysterious five "official" datasets, the resulting conclusions actually makes sense.

Blade_Runner wrote:

Climate Alarmists Admit They Want to Dismantle Our Free-Enterprise System
The Heritage Foundation - LOL - you could not have found a more biased source, but I read the article anyway and I noticed it's completely void of any quote or reference to any climate expert actually saying they want to dismantle the free-enterprise system. But it's a great example of the typically over-dramatic response from conservative fear mongers.

Besides, all free-enterprise means is little or no regulation on business. Indeed regulation might dampen the profits in some industries but it won’t destroy our system. It certainly won't destroy capitalism which can operate just fine as a regulated system. In fact pro-capitalist economist Keynes once called regulation a method of sustaining capitalization and if we followed his advice instead of imagining him as a communist we wouldn't be constantly confronted with crashing markets like we are now.

The climate experts cite a different reason, for regulation… sustaining our environment. They have noted a parallel between emission levels and economic indicators. If you trend the consumption of oil for instance, you will find an almost perfect match with the GDP. But that makes total sense, it's takes energy to power an industry and thanks to Republicans we are still depending primarily on fossil fuel for almost all of that energy.

The governments that pay attention to the warnings are continuing to look for answers that can strike a balance between our existing economic system and the environment such as carbon-credits to provide incentives to curbing emissions. No perfect answers yet but they are working on it. So, stop being so freaked out. The IPCC isn't trying to turn us into a communist government, they are simply pointing out the fact that our economic system is creating a lot of pollution. In fact it's not even a matter of which economic system we use. China is communist AND a giant polluter. You see, at the end of the day it doesn't matter if you're a socialist, a capitalist or a Lilliputian… all that matters is how much carbon you spew.

So yes, we want to regulate the industry to curb our emissions. Just like Trump wants to regulate our trade to curb imports from China. You can call that a threat to free-enterprise if you want but it's not like our economy was ever free of regulation to start with.

It's just a fear tactic designed to get you all freaked out so you will vote against any support for regulation so the 1% can maximize their profits.

Climate Alarmists: Only ‘Ecological Leninism’ Can Stop Global Warming
Prominent Swedish progressive Andreas Malm has urged using the full coercive power of the state to curb fossil fuel emissions, modeling the response on global coronavirus lockdowns.
br url=https://www.heritage.org/environment/comm... (show quote)

Well, that's one way of doing it and with the stubborn refusal of industry to compromise, it seems more and more like that's the only remaining option if we actually want to curb emissions. But Bright Fart is demonstrating that typical overreaction to appeal to your fears. Just because someone says we should use the coercive power of the state to curb emissions doesn't mean they are suggesting a communist revolution. Trump is using the coercive power of the state to make Chinese imports more expensive. The Christian-Right is trying to use the coercive power of the state to make sure women don't get abortions and that gay people can't get married. Are we calling THEM Leninists?

| Reply
Sep 12, 2020 10:25:11   #
straightUp Loc: California
 
Peewee wrote:
I know I'm wasted my breathe, but you really should realise by now they are some that are playing both sides against one another. Dem's and Rinos including the military complex, CIA, Wall Street, and others. Bet all the Dem leadership own oil stocks, directly or indirectly. Newsome is burning your forests to push climate change is real, when it isn't. Don't the Rothschilds run one of your largest utility companies?

Oh, I realize that both sides are being played against one another, but that doesn't change the prevailing patterns found in the voting records in which progressives show a bias toward clean energy and conservatives consistently oppose it.

Everything else in your post is unsubstantiated as far as I can tell so yes... unless you have some evidence to back up your wild accusations, you ARE "wasting your breath", because I have no compelling reason to accept what some stranger who goes by Peewee says on faith alone.

I hope you understand. ;)

| Reply
Sep 12, 2020 10:26:25   #
straightUp Loc: California
 
Peewee wrote:
Her comment was valid. You, trying to blame her is invalid.


Says Peewee. The master of baseless statements.

| Reply
Sep 12, 2020 10:36:38   #
straightUp Loc: California
 
Dragnet wrote:
The real blame is the environmental wackos that prevent the professionals from taking appropriate preventive actions. LET THEM DO THIER JOBS.
By the way, this man made global warming is just a hoax. The earth has been warming and cooling for ions.


LOL - I think you mean to say "eons". An ion is an atom or molecule with a net electric charge due to the loss or gain of one or more electrons.

And yes, the earth has been warming and cooling for eons... So what? Fires have been around for eons too, does that mean it's impossible for a man to start one?

| Reply
Sep 12, 2020 10:54:17   #
agatemaggot
 
YUP !

| Reply
Sep 12, 2020 10:55:20   #
straightUp Loc: California
 
4430 wrote:
It's no wonder there are all these fires it's due to the lack of logging and clearing all the under brush that accumulates because of all you self righteous tree huggers claiming it for the saving of the Spotted Owls !

SO how are the Spotted Owls and all the animals fairing now ?

1. in 2019, 85% of the fires in California started on federal land which accounts for about 47% of California's total land area. So, if that land is not managed, it's really not the fault of California, it's the fault of the federal government under Trump.

2. That underbrush wouldn't need to be cleared if Republicans didn't prevent us from curbing emissions thereby creating a warmer climate which in turn created the drought conditions that made the underbrush a problem in the first place. These fires are record breaking. 10 years ago they were not nearly as bad and you know what? No one was clearing the underbrush then either. Obviously, your statement is utter nonsense.

4430 wrote:

You are nothing more than a left wing nut that is totally clueless and won't take responsibility for the stupid ideas you all can come up with !

OK, so you have no argument then. I'll pass on the baseless insults.

4430 wrote:

Then you have the audacity to blame Trump and the Republicans typical leftist progressive Democrats !

I don't know how typical that is but yes, I am blaming the Republicans, I have stated my reasons for doing so and so far, not one person has been able to invalidate ANY of those reasons. That's what you call a strong argument and yes, I understand how frustrating that must be for you, so go ahead and hurl your insults, whatever makes you feel better.

4430 wrote:

It's no wonder that you and your kind all are looked at with disgust

Only by the idiots on the right. No skin off my nose.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.