One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
This is very impressive and adorable: Girl, six, makes 999 for mum and places teddies around her for comfort
Jul 31, 2020 02:09:55   #
rumitoid
 
A girl aged six has been hailed a “hero” after calling an ambulance for her mother after a serious accident at home badly injured her back.

Isla Harrison’s quick thinking is credited with helping Suzann make a full-recovery. The schoolgirl remembered how to call 999 after watching someone do it on the TV show Ambulance.

After calling the paramedics, she waited alongside her mother and even surrounded her with “special teddies” and blankets to help her feel as comfortable as possible until the ambulance arrived.

People on social media have praised Isla for her quick thinking.

Speaking about the accident on Good Morning Britain, her mother explained: “I don’t remember an awful lot. It was a bit of a haze really.

“I just remember Isla being there and sitting with me and she opened my phone with the facial recognition technology, rang her daddy first - he was at work, to tell him to come home and then took it upon herself to ring the ambulance for me. She took it from there.”

Hannah Rounce, the emergency call handler who took the call from Isla described her as “incredible” in the face of a challenging situation.

She said: “She was absolutely amazing. She knew exactly what to say. She answered all the questions so well… Just in awe, she was incredible.

“It was out of this world how she handled it. She was doing it all by herself, it was amazing to listen to really.”

Oliver Harrison, Isla’s father, was equally impressed with his daughter’s actions. He shared the moment he received the phone call: “I really couldn’t believe what was happening. I had to double check - ‘Are you sure mummy’s ok? Can you put her on?’

“But I could hear Suze in a lot of pain in the background and then realised it was serious and I needed to quickly get out of work and quickly got home. I rang Isla when I got out of work and I heard the ambulance in the background and I was just really shocked.”

Her speedy response earned her a bravery award from the paramedics who responded to Suzann’s fall. The youngster also said she wants to pursue a career in nursing when she grows up.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/young-girl-saves-mum-life-134408871.html

| Reply
Jul 31, 2020 02:42:39   #
PeterS
 
rumitoid wrote:
A girl aged six has been hailed a “hero” after calling an ambulance for her mother after a serious accident at home badly injured her back.

Isla Harrison’s quick thinking is credited with helping Suzann make a full-recovery. The schoolgirl remembered how to call 999 after watching someone do it on the TV show Ambulance.

After calling the paramedics, she waited alongside her mother and even surrounded her with “special teddies” and blankets to help her feel as comfortable as possible until the ambulance arrived.

People on social media have praised Isla for her quick thinking.

Speaking about the accident on Good Morning Britain, her mother explained: “I don’t remember an awful lot. It was a bit of a haze really.

“I just remember Isla being there and sitting with me and she opened my phone with the facial recognition technology, rang her daddy first - he was at work, to tell him to come home and then took it upon herself to ring the ambulance for me. She took it from there.”

Hannah Rounce, the emergency call handler who took the call from Isla described her as “incredible” in the face of a challenging situation.

She said: “She was absolutely amazing. She knew exactly what to say. She answered all the questions so well… Just in awe, she was incredible.

“It was out of this world how she handled it. She was doing it all by herself, it was amazing to listen to really.”

Oliver Harrison, Isla’s father, was equally impressed with his daughter’s actions. He shared the moment he received the phone call: “I really couldn’t believe what was happening. I had to double check - ‘Are you sure mummy’s ok? Can you put her on?’

“But I could hear Suze in a lot of pain in the background and then realised it was serious and I needed to quickly get out of work and quickly got home. I rang Isla when I got out of work and I heard the ambulance in the background and I was just really shocked.”

Her speedy response earned her a bravery award from the paramedics who responded to Suzann’s fall. The youngster also said she wants to pursue a career in nursing when she grows up.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/young-girl-saves-mum-life-134408871.html
A girl aged six has been hailed a “hero” after cal... (show quote)

We don't give our little ones credit enough for being able to stand up when the time is right. Good for her, good for her mom!

| Reply
Jul 31, 2020 09:45:19   #
SWMBO
 
PeterS wrote:
We don't give our little ones credit enough for being able to stand up when the time is right. Good for her, good for her mom!


I agree with you about some children. Unfortunately, many children spend their childhoods sitting in front of a TV watching what ever garbage is one/ Others spend their childhood prowling the streets, often with a number of order children but no smart adults can be found anywhere. And of course other children spend their childhood in abusive homes, being damaged in ways that it will take years of help by caring, God fearing people willing to spend their lives for little pay except for the joy that comes from helping kids heal and go on to wonderful lives with families that really care for them. And for that the Progressives criticize them for taking children away from their natural mothers and her many "boy friends" and placing them with good people who happen to be of another race from the child.


NPP and SWMBO

| Reply
Jul 31, 2020 09:49:01   #
Rose42
 
PeterS wrote:
We don't give our little ones credit enough for being able to stand up when the time is right. Good for her, good for her mom!


No we sure don't. Great job.

| Reply
Jul 31, 2020 22:39:22   #
rumitoid
 
SWMBO wrote:
I agree with you about some children. Unfortunately, many children spend their childhoods sitting in front of a TV watching what ever garbage is one/ Others spend their childhood prowling the streets, often with a number of order children but no smart adults can be found anywhere. And of course other children spend their childhood in abusive homes, being damaged in ways that it will take years of help by caring, God fearing people willing to spend their lives for little pay except for the joy that comes from helping kids heal and go on to wonderful lives with families that really care for them. And for that the Progressives criticize them for taking children away from their natural mothers and her many "boy friends" and placing them with good people who happen to be of another race from the child.


NPP and SWMBO
I agree with you about some children. Unfortunatel... (show quote)


Okay, thank you.

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.