One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Thought you might need a little chuckle. Hope everyone is fine in these trying times.
Jul 23, 2020 15:54:15   #
dtucker300 Loc: Vista, CA
 
Thought you might need a little chuckle. Hope everyone is fine in these trying times.

OLD. 'OLD' IS WHEN...
Your sweetie says, 'Let's go upstairs
and make love,' and you answer,
'Pick one; I can't do both!'

'OLD' IS WHEN..
Your friends compliment you
on your new alligator shoes
and you're barefoot.

'OLD' IS WHEN...
A sexy babe catches your fancy
and your pacemaker opens the garage door,

'OLD' IS WHEN...
You don't care where your spouse goes,
just as long as you don't have to go along.

'OLD' IS WHEN...
You are cautioned to slow down by the doctor instead of by the police

OLD' IS WHEN. ..
'Getting a little action'
means you don't need to take any fiber today.

'OLD' IS WHEN...
'Getting lucky' means you find your car
in the parking lot.

'OLD' IS WHEN...
An 'all nighter' means not getting up
to use the bathroom.

AND

'OLD' IS WHEN...
You are not sure these are jokes

| Reply
Jul 23, 2020 16:36:55   #
ImLogicallyRight
 
Old, old, old. I'm interested in when we get some respect for being old.

Personal experience. I have some friends coming over tonight. Going running then a small yard party after. Needed some beer for the party. Went to a local super market for the beer and they actually carded me and wouldn't sell me the beer. I quit showing my I. D. when I was 50. Today I am exactly 79 years and 9 months old. I'll be damned if I'll pull out I. D. to prove that the man behind those wrinkles and huge gray beard is not under 21. I left the beer there and went a few blocks further and gave my business to a small neighborhood liquor store instead.

There are a lot of us on OPP that are senior citizens. We are way beyond looking under 21, or even under 50. It is no longer cute to tell someone our age that we look so young they can't be sure. They are sure. It is about Liquor Control people being obnoxious in their enforcement and some businesses running scared for their liquor licenses. In Illinois, you must be 21, but you don't have to be able to prove it at the moment if you are obviously well past the legal age. Owners running scared of politicians ongoing madness and that is only one small glimpse of to much Government were it isn't necessary or even needed. And it insults Senior Citizens. Are we supposed to go get an I. D. card withour grandchildren when they turn 21 so we can join them for their first legal drink.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Just happened and I saw your post and needed to vent.

They were good and especially that all nighter. To real.

| Reply
Jul 23, 2020 17:22:42   #
Smedley_buzkill
 
ImLogicallyRight wrote:
Old, old, old. I'm interested in when we get some respect for being old.

Personal experience. I have some friends coming over tonight. Going running then a small yard party after. Needed some beer for the party. Went to a local super market for the beer and they actually carded me and wouldn't sell me the beer. I quit showing my I. D. when I was 50. Today I am exactly 79 years and 9 months old. I'll be damned if I'll pull out I. D. to prove that the man behind those wrinkles and huge gray beard is not under 21. I left the beer there and went a few blocks further and gave my business to a small neighborhood liquor store instead.

There are a lot of us on OPP that are senior citizens. We are way beyond looking under 21, or even under 50. It is no longer cute to tell someone our age that we look so young they can't be sure. They are sure. It is about Liquor Control people being obnoxious in their enforcement and some businesses running scared for their liquor licenses. In Illinois, you must be 21, but you don't have to be able to prove it at the moment if you are obviously well past the legal age. Owners running scared of politicians ongoing madness and that is only one small glimpse of to much Government were it isn't necessary or even needed. And it insults Senior Citizens. Are we supposed to go get an I. D. card withour grandchildren when they turn 21 so we can join them for their first legal drink.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Just happened and I saw your post and needed to vent.

They were good and especially that all nighter. To real.
Old, old, old. I'm interested in when we get some ... (show quote)

A while back I ran into our local Chief of Police in the grocery store parking lot. (My wife used to baby sit him). I told him I had a problem. When he asked, I told him that they wouldn't sell me any beer because I had forgotten my ID and if I gave him ten bucks would he please go in and buy it for me?
He looked at me like I was nuts. Then he realized it was the first of April.

| Reply
Jul 23, 2020 19:16:13   #
dtucker300 Loc: Vista, CA
 
Smedley_buzkill wrote:
A while back I ran into our local Chief of Police in the grocery store parking lot. (My wife used to baby sit him). I told him I had a problem. When he asked, I told him that they wouldn't sell me any beer because I had forgotten my ID and if I gave him ten bucks would he please go in and buy it for me?
He looked at me like I was nuts. Then he realized it was the first of April.


Technically, They don't have to serve you alcohol or sell it to you if you do not have a valid form of ID with you, regardless of your age, per ABC regulations. Ridiculous, I know.

| Reply
Jul 24, 2020 18:42:40   #
Mike Easterday
 
How do they tell with a mask on.

| Reply
Jul 24, 2020 21:26:36   #
ImLogicallyRight
 
Mike Easterday wrote:
How do they tell with a mask on.


My exposed wrinkles and massive very gray Covid beard.

| Reply
Jul 24, 2020 21:33:49   #
ImLogicallyRight
 
dtucker300 wrote:
Technically, They don't have to serve you alcohol or sell it to you if you do not have a valid form of ID with you, regardless of your age, per ABC regulations. Ridiculous, I know.


In Illinois you do not have to have I. D. to purchase alcohol. It is the stores position to evaluate whether you are of age and to require valid I. D., if you appear to be to young to buy alcohol. They can have problems with their liquor license. But it is not required by the State at time of purchase. A store matter and some stores go beyond the ridiculous in exercising their rights to be cautious. And I guarantee that if the Mayor walked in right behind me, the mayor, much younger and looking much younger, would not be checked. I repeat, it is a matter of respect to our Senior Citizens. I'm not defending checking someone who is and looks 30. Just Senior citizens. We've paid our dues for 50 years of that crap. When you are old enough, you might also object.

| Reply
Jul 24, 2020 22:12:34   #
dtucker300 Loc: Vista, CA
 
ImLogicallyRight wrote:
In Illinois you do not have to have I. D. to purchase alcohol. It is the stores position to evaluate whether you are of age and to require valid I. D., if you appear to be to young to buy alcohol. They can have problems with their liquor license. But it is not required by the State at time of purchase. A store matter and some stores go beyond the ridiculous in exercising their rights to be cautious. And I guarantee that if the Mayor walked in right behind me, the mayor, much younger and looking much younger, would not be checked. I repeat, it is a matter of respect to our Senior Citizens. I'm not defending checking someone who is and looks 30. Just Senior citizens. We've paid our dues for 50 years of that crap. When you are old enough, you might also object.
In Illinois you do not have to have I. D. to purch... (show quote)


I'll bet you need an ID to purchase alcohol, even if no one asks for it. It's just that most places don't check. I've never been asked for ID since I was 30, but it's still a requirement to have a valid ID in order to purchase.

| Reply
Jul 31, 2020 19:00:00   #
ImLogicallyRight
 
I'm 79. It is well past time that that shite stop. And it still happens several times a year.

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.