One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Don't fall for it!
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
Jun 30, 2020 21:21:38   #
SGM B Loc: TEXAS but live in Alabama now
 
promilitary wrote:
No, he's making a sly attempt to legislate from the bench.


Exactly!!

| Reply
Jul 1, 2020 01:56:24   #
Kazudy
 
RandyBrian wrote:
I have a theory, unproven, but I think likely to be true.
Many of us have been sorely disappointed in Supreme Court Chief Justice Roberts, as time and time again he sides with the liberal side of the bench. He has done it again. Some excuse his actions because he has always been a Constitutional judge (or seemed to be), and is only following his understanding of the law and his own conscience.
I don't buy that.
I think Roberts is a neverTrumper, and he is throwing his vote to the leftists when he can. Why? Because, I believe, he is trying to make as many conservatives as possible come to the belief that Trump placing conservative constitutional judges on the bench was a fruitless effort, and continuing to support him would be a waste of effort, and Roberts is hoping that will hurt Trumps efforts at reelection. I think it's personal.
So do not fall for it! Some bad things are happening from these ridiculous rulings, but rest assured they would be far FAR worse if Hillary had been elected, and it will be just as bad if Joe Biden wins in November.
Support Trump's reelection bid, and almost as important, support any candidate for the House or Senate that supports our President.
I have a theory, unproven, but I think likely to b... (show quote)


You could be right Randy, my theory is that the Dems have something they are blackmailing him with. We both could be right, but for sure not both of us can be wrong.

| Reply
Jul 1, 2020 04:59:24   #
Smedley_buzkill
 
Kevyn wrote:
He is interested in maintaining the legitimacy of the court after Obama’s appointment was stolen.


You're almost as much of a "Constitutional Scholar" as your boy Obama. Wanna make a $50 bet? I'll bet you there is nowhere in the Constitution or US law that says the Senate HAS to consider a presidential nominee for the SCOTUS. By consider, I mean debate the nomination and/or vote on it.
Would you like to know how many times you Liberal twits have done the same thing? Can you look it up or do you need me to do it for you?
Should you require my research services, there will be a bill. Should I just send it c/o Mommy's Basement?

| Reply
Jul 1, 2020 08:43:40   #
Milosia2 Loc: Cleveland Ohio
 
son of witless wrote:
I believe you are wrong. Justice Roberts began sticking it to Amerika long before Donald J. Trump even thought of running for President. Remember the Obama Care ruling. Even Liberals, while happy about it, could never explain that ruling. I think some Liberal has something on Roberts.


Roberts was the justice who halted the Vote Counting In Florida 2000.
And said “ if George W Bush doesn’t win, he’s gonna be upset!!!!”
And then after W won Roberts was given the highest seat in the Supreme Court.

| Reply
Jul 1, 2020 08:48:43   #
Milosia2 Loc: Cleveland Ohio
 
Smedley_buzkill wrote:
You're almost as much of a "Constitutional Scholar" as your boy Obama. Wanna make a $50 bet? I'll bet you there is nowhere in the Constitution or US law that says the Senate HAS to consider a presidential nominee for the SCOTUS. By consider, I mean debate the nomination and/or vote on it.
Would you like to know how many times you Liberal twits have done the same thing? Can you look it up or do you need me to do it for you?
Should you require my research services, there will be a bill. Should I just send it c/o Mommy's Basement?
You're almost as much of a i "Constitutional... (show quote)


It says the president has the pick. The SC is only to acknowledge and confirm.

| Reply
Jul 1, 2020 08:52:16   #
Tiptop789 Loc: Eugene, OR
 
Kevyn wrote:
He is interested in maintaining the legitimacy of the court after Obama’s appointment was stolen.


Absolutely

| Reply
Jul 1, 2020 08:53:30   #
Tiptop789 Loc: Eugene, OR
 
Smedley_buzkill wrote:
You're almost as much of a "Constitutional Scholar" as your boy Obama. Wanna make a $50 bet? I'll bet you there is nowhere in the Constitution or US law that says the Senate HAS to consider a presidential nominee for the SCOTUS. By consider, I mean debate the nomination and/or vote on it.
Would you like to know how many times you Liberal twits have done the same thing? Can you look it up or do you need me to do it for you?
Should you require my research services, there will be a bill. Should I just send it c/o Mommy's Basement?
You're almost as much of a i "Constitutional... (show quote)


What, you having your mommy send you money? What a real loser.

| Reply
Jul 1, 2020 09:06:01   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
Tiptop789 wrote:
What, you having your mommy send you money? What a real loser.


Do you agree or disagree with the post itself~~

What is achieved in the name calling arena?? It only screams you are the loser because rather than debate the post your only choice was to attack the poster??

Come on Tiptop, You’re better than this~~

| Reply
Jul 1, 2020 09:11:56   #
RandyBrian
 
Milosia2 wrote:
Roberts was the justice who halted the Vote Counting In Florida 2000.
And said “ if George W Bush doesn’t win, he’s gonna be upset!!!!”
And then after W won Roberts was given the highest seat in the Supreme Court.


OK. I acknowledge your argument that he was a good judge. That was then. I do not expect him to vote the way I want, but I do expect him to vote in accordance with THE CONSTITUTUON every single time! He has NOT done so. He clearly has a political agenda. He is either a neverTrumper or he is compromised by the left. Take your pick.

| Reply
Jul 1, 2020 09:29:08   #
RandyBrian
 
Larry Joe wrote:
Interesting read Randy and you may be correct. Most people do not study court decisions. I am a conservative, but what I have seen is that Roberts is not an ideologue as you might judge Thomas and Ginsberg. Another Earl Warren, I sincerely hope not. He is the ”new” swing vote on the court. Today Roberts wrote the 5-4 majority opinion allowing private school families tax breaks. A very “conservative position. My guess is that it never crossed his mind as to whether the decision was liberal or conservative, simply Constitutional. And, I’m sure I will disagree with many of his future decisions.
Larry Joe
Interesting read Randy and you may be correct. Mo... (show quote)


Senator Ted Cruz is a man I hugely respect, and he was my preferred pick for President. This quote is from a news report on Roberts:
“Over recent years, more and more, Chief Justice Roberts has been playing games with the court to achieve the policy outcomes he desires,” Cruz said on the Senate floor, before citing past instances of what he called "sleight of hands" by Roberts, adding: "This is becoming a pattern."

| Reply
Jul 1, 2020 09:59:14   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
RandyBrian wrote:
OK. I acknowledge your argument that he was a good judge. That was then. I do not expect him to vote the way I want, but I do expect him to vote in accordance with THE CONSTITUTUON every single time! He has NOT done so. He clearly has a political agenda. He is either a neverTrumper or he is compromised by the left. Take your pick.


Well said!!! Agreed!!

| Reply
Jul 1, 2020 12:04:13   #
the J man Loc: California
 
elledee wrote:
more like your I.Q. was stolen by one seriously disappointing thief


I believe it is you showing the lack of I.Q.

| Reply
Jul 1, 2020 12:07:01   #
the J man Loc: California
 
son of witless wrote:
Some day when Roberts retires, if a scumbag Democrat appoints his replacement, it will be a wash.


it`s people like you that keep both sides from working together to keep America great, you with your democrats are scumbags REALLY !!!!!!!!!!! get a grip you are like a turd floating in the toilet that just won`t flush

| Reply
Jul 1, 2020 12:43:10   #
the J man Loc: California
 
jSmitty45 wrote:
They either have something on him, or he was paid off!


because he has a conscious he had t be paid off ??????? can`t a person just do the right thing ??? guess not with you guys has to always be a conspiracy or something else

| Reply
Jul 1, 2020 13:11:57   #
4430 Loc: Little Egypt ** Southern Illinory
 
the J man wrote:
because he has a conscious he had t be paid off ??????? can`t a person just do the right thing ??? guess not with you guys has to always be a conspiracy or something else


Since when is killing an unborn baby the right thing ?

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.