One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Don't fall for it!
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
Jun 30, 2020 13:19:48   #
RandyBrian
 
TrueAmerican wrote:
Are you still conversing with an airhead !!!!!!
'

I know, I know. Seems like I have a tendency towards self punishment. Probably because I once supported Jimmy Carter.

| Reply
Jun 30, 2020 14:16:10   #
bestpal38 Loc: Cedar City, Utah
 
Kevyn wrote:
He is interested in maintaining the legitimacy of the court after Obama’s appointment was stolen.


Oh boo hoo whiner.

| Reply
Jun 30, 2020 14:18:06   #
bestpal38 Loc: Cedar City, Utah
 
Tiptop789 wrote:
So kevyn has an IQ to steal, you apparently do not.


Liberlism is a mental disorder.

| Reply
Jun 30, 2020 14:48:37   #
4430 Loc: Little Egypt ** Southern Illinory
 
drlarrygino wrote:
I believe Roberts is compromised and a full investigation should be implemented to find the source of this compromise. I have a hunch that with Ovommit's illegal surveillance of all Americans that Roberts was caught up in some illegal activity and if this illegality was revealed, Roberts would have to resign as a judge. The Supreme Court is tainted and the 3 women on that court are extreme bigoted leftists who have never voted for a single conservative issue.



| Reply
Jun 30, 2020 14:59:25   #
Lt. Rob Polans ret.
 
RandyBrian wrote:
I have a theory, unproven, but I think likely to be true.
Many of us have been sorely disappointed in Supreme Court Chief Justice Roberts, as time and time again he sides with the liberal side of the bench. He has done it again. Some excuse his actions because he has always been a Constitutional judge (or seemed to be), and is only following his understanding of the law and his own conscience.
I don't buy that.
I think Roberts is a neverTrumper, and he is throwing his vote to the leftists when he can. Why? Because, I believe, he is trying to make as many conservatives as possible come to the belief that Trump placing conservative constitutional judges on the bench was a fruitless effort, and continuing to support him would be a waste of effort, and Roberts is hoping that will hurt Trumps efforts at reelection. I think it's personal.
So do not fall for it! Some bad things are happening from these ridiculous rulings, but rest assured they would be far FAR worse if Hillary had been elected, and it will be just as bad if Joe Biden wins in November.
Support Trump's reelection bid, and almost as important, support any candidate for the House or Senate that supports our President.
I have a theory, unproven, but I think likely to b... (show quote)


I agree and would like Roberts out of there. Why? He's no longer doing SCOTUS's work (interpreting the Constitution) instead he votes opposite what would do good for conservatives no matter the case or question. I have a different reason why he is doing it though. Like Rubio, Graham, Romney, all the dems, songbird while he lived I think he's on Soros' payroll.

| Reply
Jun 30, 2020 15:00:56   #
Lt. Rob Polans ret.
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
I am more cynical. I think the left has gotten to him in some way.


Yes and no, Soros (nwo).

| Reply
Jun 30, 2020 15:04:28   #
Lt. Rob Polans ret.
 
drlarrygino wrote:
I believe Roberts is compromised and a full investigation should be implemented to find the source of this compromise. I have a hunch that with Ovommit's illegal surveillance of all Americans that Roberts was caught up in some illegal activity and if this illegality was revealed, Roberts would have to resign as a judge. The Supreme Court is tainted and the 3 women on that court are extreme bigoted leftists who have never voted for a single conservative issue.


Come to think of it, you're right about the women. Is taking slush money enough of an illegality?

| Reply
Jun 30, 2020 15:07:04   #
Lt. Rob Polans ret.
 
Wonttakeitanymore wrote:
Ya think? Yup


More than just a liberal judge, he's on the take as they used to say.

| Reply
Jun 30, 2020 15:19:08   #
Tug484
 
son of witless wrote:
I believe you are wrong. Justice Roberts began sticking it to Amerika long before Donald J. Trump even thought of running for President. Remember the Obama Care ruling. Even Liberals, while happy about it, could never explain that ruling. I think some Liberal has something on Roberts.


They do. He illegally adopted two foreign children.

| Reply
Jun 30, 2020 17:49:21   #
Larry Joe
 
RandyBrian wrote:
I have a theory, unproven, but I think likely to be true.
Many of us have been sorely disappointed in Supreme Court Chief Justice Roberts, as time and time again he sides with the liberal side of the bench. He has done it again. Some excuse his actions because he has always been a Constitutional judge (or seemed to be), and is only following his understanding of the law and his own conscience.
I don't buy that.
I think Roberts is a neverTrumper, and he is throwing his vote to the leftists when he can. Why? Because, I believe, he is trying to make as many conservatives as possible come to the belief that Trump placing conservative constitutional judges on the bench was a fruitless effort, and continuing to support him would be a waste of effort, and Roberts is hoping that will hurt Trumps efforts at reelection. I think it's personal.
So do not fall for it! Some bad things are happening from these ridiculous rulings, but rest assured they would be far FAR worse if Hillary had been elected, and it will be just as bad if Joe Biden wins in November.
Support Trump's reelection bid, and almost as important, support any candidate for the House or Senate that supports our President.
I have a theory, unproven, but I think likely to b... (show quote)


Interesting read Randy and you may be correct. Most people do not study court decisions. I am a conservative, but what I have seen is that Roberts is not an ideologue as you might judge Thomas and Ginsberg. Another Earl Warren, I sincerely hope not. He is the ”new” swing vote on the court. Today Roberts wrote the 5-4 majority opinion allowing private school families tax breaks. A very “conservative position. My guess is that it never crossed his mind as to whether the decision was liberal or conservative, simply Constitutional. And, I’m sure I will disagree with many of his future decisions.
Larry Joe

| Reply
Jun 30, 2020 17:51:20   #
Larry Joe
 
Kevyn wrote:
He is interested in maintaining the legitimacy of the court after Obama’s appointment was stolen.


As usual, wrong answer.
Larry Joe

| Reply
Jun 30, 2020 18:06:18   #
RandyBrian
 
Larry Joe wrote:
Interesting read Randy and you may be correct. Most people do not study court decisions. I am a conservative, but what I have seen is that Roberts is not an ideologue as you might judge Thomas and Ginsberg. Another Earl Warren, I sincerely hope not. He is the ”new” swing vote on the court. Today Roberts wrote the 5-4 majority opinion allowing private school families tax breaks. A very “conservative position. My guess is that it never crossed his mind as to whether the decision was liberal or conservative, simply Constitutional. And, I’m sure I will disagree with many of his future decisions.
Larry Joe
Interesting read Randy and you may be correct. Mo... (show quote)


You may be right, buy as I understand it, his position on Louisiana's law was the opposite of the way he voted on the Texas law four years ago, and they were very similar in wording. His stated reason for the reversal was not because Louisiana's law was unconstitutional, but because it needed to follow the president of the Texas ruling. He gave two opposing rulings with two different justifications on two virtually identical laws. Very scary.

| Reply
Jun 30, 2020 18:09:41   #
amadjuster Loc: Texas Panhandle
 
RandyBrian wrote:
You may be right, buy as I understand it, his position on Louisiana's law was the opposite of the way he voted on the Texas law four years ago, and they were very similar in wording. His stated reason for the reversal was not because Louisiana's law was unconstitutional, but because it needed to follow the president of the Texas ruling. He gave two opposing rulings with two different justifications on two virtually identical laws. Very scary.


Two sides to his face?

| Reply
Jun 30, 2020 20:09:34   #
son of witless
 
Tug484 wrote:
They do. He illegally adopted two foreign children.


That story is out there.

| Reply
Jun 30, 2020 21:17:59   #
promilitary
 
Kevyn wrote:
He is interested in maintaining the legitimacy of the court after Obama’s appointment was stolen.




No, he's making a sly attempt to legislate from the bench.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.