One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
On the Issue of "Voting by Mail"
Page: 1 2 next>>
May 29, 2020 08:02:29   #
ACP45 Loc: Rhode Island
 
"Never let a crisis go to waste"

On May 27, Vox.com posted an article entitled "Voting by mail is fair, safe, and easy. Why don’t more states use it?

Earlier this week, Sen. Ron Wyden and Rep Earl Blumenauer, both Democrats from Oregon, introduced a bill that would expand their state’s vote-by-mail system to the entire country.

I have read posts from several here on OPP expressing the view that there is virtually "no evidence of proven voter fraud", and that any attempt to curtail "mail in voting" is really a racist attempt to suppress minority voting.

Let's take a look at the issue that there is virtually "no evidence of proven voter fraud".

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/docs/pacei-voterfraudcases.pdf
The campaign also shared a Heritage Foundation document of over 1,000 proven cases of vote fraud.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3902690/Questions-voter-fraud-man-finds-83-ballots-shipped-single-address-apartment-complex.html
Questions of voter fraud after man finds 83 ballots shipped to a single address in his apartment complex

* Jerry Mosna found 83 mail-in ballots shipped to his apartment complex in San Pedro, California this weekend
* All 83 ballots were sent to the same address where a single 89-year-old woman lives 
* The Los Angeles County  Registrar's Office is investigating the incident
* It 'appears to be an isolated situation related to a system error that caused causing duplicate ballots to be issued to' a single voter's address

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/04/24/28_million_mail-in_ballots_went_missing_in_last_four_elections_143033.html
28 Million Mail-In Ballots Went Missing in Last Four Elections

“Between 2012 and 2018, 28.3 million mail-in ballots remain unaccounted for, according to data from the federal Election Assistance Commission. The missing ballots amount to nearly one in five of all absentee ballots and ballots mailed to voters residing in states that do elections exclusively by mail.”

“Although there is no evidence that the millions of missing ballots were used fraudulently, the Public Interest Legal Foundation, which compiled the public data provided from the Election Assistance Commission, says that the sheer volume of them raises serious doubts about election security.”

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/04/21/15-election-results-that-were-thrown-out-because-of-fraudulent-mail-in-ballots/
15 Election Results That Were Thrown Out Because of Fraudulent Mail-In Ballots

“Voter fraud is too nominal to make a difference in any given election, goes one popular line of argument. But tell that to voters in parts of Florida, Missouri, New York, and North Carolina in recent years. Districts in these four states saw election outcomes overturned after absentee voter fraud came to light.”

Between 1992 and 2018, at least 20 voter fraud cases resulted in overturned elections, according to The Heritage Foundation’s Election Fraud Database. 

Here are 15 instances in which courts threw out an election result based in whole or in part on absentee voting fraud, from The Heritage Foundation’s database and other sources. (click the link to see the 15 instances)



| Reply
May 29, 2020 09:00:29   #
4430 Loc: Little Egypt ** Southern Illinory
 
ACP45 wrote:
"Never let a crisis go to waste"

On May 27, Vox.com posted an article entitled "Voting by mail is fair, safe, and easy. Why don’t more states use it?

Earlier this week, Sen. Ron Wyden and Rep Earl Blumenauer, both Democrats from Oregon, introduced a bill that would expand their state’s vote-by-mail system to the entire country.

I have read posts from several here on OPP expressing the view that there is virtually "no evidence of proven voter fraud", and that any attempt to curtail "mail in voting" is really a racist attempt to suppress minority voting.

Let's take a look at the issue that there is virtually "no evidence of proven voter fraud".

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/docs/pacei-voterfraudcases.pdf
The campaign also shared a Heritage Foundation document of over 1,000 proven cases of vote fraud.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3902690/Questions-voter-fraud-man-finds-83-ballots-shipped-single-address-apartment-complex.html
Questions of voter fraud after man finds 83 ballots shipped to a single address in his apartment complex

* Jerry Mosna found 83 mail-in ballots shipped to his apartment complex in San Pedro, California this weekend
* All 83 ballots were sent to the same address where a single 89-year-old woman lives 
* The Los Angeles County  Registrar's Office is investigating the incident
* It 'appears to be an isolated situation related to a system error that caused causing duplicate ballots to be issued to' a single voter's address

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/04/24/28_million_mail-in_ballots_went_missing_in_last_four_elections_143033.html
28 Million Mail-In Ballots Went Missing in Last Four Elections

“Between 2012 and 2018, 28.3 million mail-in ballots remain unaccounted for, according to data from the federal Election Assistance Commission. The missing ballots amount to nearly one in five of all absentee ballots and ballots mailed to voters residing in states that do elections exclusively by mail.”

“Although there is no evidence that the millions of missing ballots were used fraudulently, the Public Interest Legal Foundation, which compiled the public data provided from the Election Assistance Commission, says that the sheer volume of them raises serious doubts about election security.”

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/04/21/15-election-results-that-were-thrown-out-because-of-fraudulent-mail-in-ballots/
15 Election Results That Were Thrown Out Because of Fraudulent Mail-In Ballots

“Voter fraud is too nominal to make a difference in any given election, goes one popular line of argument. But tell that to voters in parts of Florida, Missouri, New York, and North Carolina in recent years. Districts in these four states saw election outcomes overturned after absentee voter fraud came to light.”

Between 1992 and 2018, at least 20 voter fraud cases resulted in overturned elections, according to The Heritage Foundation’s Election Fraud Database. 

Here are 15 instances in which courts threw out an election result based in whole or in part on absentee voting fraud, from The Heritage Foundation’s database and other sources. (click the link to see the 15 instances)
"Never let a crisis go to waste" br br ... (show quote)


Won't be long till the OPP Anti-ID Voter folks will be here telling us that it's nonsense and that it's the right for Democrats to commit to voter fraud sense they have such a hard time winning !

| Reply
May 29, 2020 10:03:01   #
peg w
 
Florida did an extensive voter fraud investigation They can vote by mail.The investigstion coveted four years. The conclusion. NO VOTER FRAUD. Some mistakes will happen, but if there is s raging epidemic, I want to mail in my ballot.

| Reply
May 29, 2020 10:09:59   #
moldyoldy
 
4430 wrote:
Won't be long till the OPP Anti-ID Voter folks will be here telling us that it's nonsense and that it's the right for Democrats to commit to voter fraud sense they have such a hard time winning !


It is nonsense, right wing media trying to make a case. If you read the whole story, nothing happened. People did not send in ballots in an off year election, computer malfunction generated multiple ballots, etc.

| Reply
May 29, 2020 13:32:25   #
4430 Loc: Little Egypt ** Southern Illinory
 
moldyoldy wrote:
It is nonsense, right wing media trying to make a case. If you read the whole story, nothing happened. People did not send in ballots in an off year election, computer malfunction generated multiple ballots, etc.


Maybe you should read the whole thing !

Why are the Democrats and their followers always fighting against fair elections they fight Voter ID tooth and toenail to stop them ?

| Reply
May 29, 2020 13:51:22   #
moldyoldy
 
4430 wrote:
Maybe you should read the whole thing !

Why are the Democrats and their followers always fighting against fair elections they fight Voter ID tooth and toenail to stop them ?


There is nothing fair about what they are trying to do. Every change is an effort at voter suppression. They close the polls, move the places to get ID, raise the prices of getting vital statistics. These GOP tactics started the minute that the voter protection act was allowed to expire. The GOP is worried because they have lost support from the majority of people.

| Reply
May 29, 2020 14:02:29   #
4430 Loc: Little Egypt ** Southern Illinory
 
moldyoldy wrote:
There is nothing fair about what they are trying to do. Every change is an effort at voter suppression. They close the polls, move the places to get ID, raise the prices of getting vital statistics. These GOP tactics started the minute that the voter protection act was allowed to expire. The GOP is worried because they have lost support from the majority of people.


Hogwash

| Reply
May 29, 2020 15:40:22   #
moldyoldy
 
4430 wrote:
Hogwash


That is typical of a misinformed righty

| Reply
May 30, 2020 11:10:14   #
Russian Boris
 
There’s really no good argument against vote ID much like arguments against the wall.
Your ballot should be processed by registered elected officials not the third party. Plain and simple

| Reply
May 30, 2020 15:46:32   #
ACP45 Loc: Rhode Island
 
peg w wrote:
Florida did an extensive voter fraud investigation They can vote by mail.The investigstion coveted four years. The conclusion. NO VOTER FRAUD. Some mistakes will happen, but if there is s raging epidemic, I want to mail in my ballot.


Oh really!

"In 2017, Eatonville, Florida Mayor Anthony Grant was convicted of a felony charge of voting fraud and misdemeanor absentee voting violations. Prosecutors said that as a candidate in 2015, Grant coerced absentee voters to cast ballots for him. In at least one case, prosecutors said, Grant personally solicited an absentee vote from a nonresident. Grant, a former mayor, lost the in-person vote but won the election with more than twice the number of absentee ballots that incumbent Bruce Mount got. After Grant’s indictment, then-Gov. Rick Scott suspended the mayor. After his conviction, he was sentenced to 400 hours of community service and four years’ probation.

This case was more than a decade after the Florida Department of Law Enforcement concluded: “The absentee ballot is the ‘tool of choice’ for those who are engaging in election fraud.” 


This 1998 report came after the department concluded an investigation of Miami’s mayoral election the year before. A judge had thrown out the result after prosecutors brought  a massive fraud case that involved more than 5,000 absentee ballots." https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/docs/pacei-voterfraudcases.pdf



| Reply
May 30, 2020 15:50:41   #
ACP45 Loc: Rhode Island
 
moldyoldy wrote:
That is typical of a misinformed righty


The numbers speak for themselves Moldy. There are three kinds of people. "Those that see. Those that see when shown. Those that refuse to see" ---Leonardo DaVinci



| Reply
May 30, 2020 16:16:48   #
4430 Loc: Little Egypt ** Southern Illinory
 
ACP45 wrote:
The numbers speak for themselves Moldy. There are three kinds of people. "Those that see. Those that see when shown. Those that refuse to see" ---Leonardo DaVinci


Only way moldy would be against voter fraud is if all the votes were going to Republicans THEN moldy would be all over the Voter ID !

| Reply
May 30, 2020 17:14:16   #
moldyoldy
 
[quote=4430]Only way moldy would be against voter fraud is if all the votes were going to Republicans THEN moldy would be all over the Voter ID ![/

Did North Carolina Admit to Targeting Black Voters with a ‘Voter ID’ Law?
Two academics brought to light the state's efforts to violate protections against "intentional discrimination."

ARTURO GARCIA
PUBLISHED 22 OCTOBER 2018


Republican Voter Suppression Efforts Are Targeting Minorities, Journalist Says

October 23, 20182:04 PM ET
Heard on Fresh Air
Terry Gross square 2017


TERRY Supreme Court thwarts voter ID law that targeted black voters with 'almost surgical precision'

| Reply
May 30, 2020 17:51:15   #
WEBCO
 
[quote=moldyoldy][quote=4430]Only way moldy would be against voter fraud is if all the votes were going to Republicans THEN moldy would be all over the Voter ID ![/

Did North Carolina Admit to Targeting Black Voters with a ‘Voter ID’ Law?
Two academics brought to light the state's efforts to violate protections against "intentional discrimination."

ARTURO GARCIA
PUBLISHED 22 OCTOBER 2018


Republican Voter Suppression Efforts Are Targeting Minorities, Journalist Says

October 23, 20182:04 PM ET
Heard on Fresh Air
Terry Gross square 2017


TERRY Supreme Court thwarts voter ID law that targeted black voters with 'almost surgical precision'[/quote]
So minorities don't have drivers licenses? That's a very racist point of view.
I thought only republicans were racists...where is the article?
All I got was 2 academics "believe" there is intentional discrimination

| Reply
May 30, 2020 18:04:56   #
moldyoldy
 
WEBCO wrote:
So minorities don't have drivers licenses? That's a very racist point of view.
I thought only republicans were racists...where is the article?
All I got was 2 academics "believe" there is intentional discrimination


The judge sure saw clearly as a targeted crime.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.