One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Masks: Are There Benefits or Just a Comfort Prop? Let the Facts Speak
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
May 22, 2020 08:14:23   #
ACP45 Loc: Rhode Island
 
"However, there is currently no evidence that wearing a mask (whether medical or other types) by healthy persons in the wider community setting, including universal community masking, can prevent them from infection with respiratory viruses, including COVID-19." World Health Organization, April 6, 2020 Interim Guidance

"Between 2004 and 2016 at least a dozen research or review articles have been published on the inadequacies of face masks. 5,6,11,17,19,20,21,25,26,27,28,31 All agree that the poor facial fit and limited filtration characteristics of face masks make them unable to prevent the wearer inhaling airborne particles. In their well-referenced 2011 article on respiratory protection for healthcare workers, Drs. Harriman and Brosseau conclude that, “facemasks will not protect against the inhalation of aerosols.” 11 https://www.oralhealthgroup.com/features/face-masks-dont-work-revealing-review/

Masks: Are There Benefits or Just a Comfort Prop? Let the Facts Speak
https://www.collective-evolution.com/2020/05/21/masks-are-there-benefits-or-just-a-comfort-prop-let-the-facts-speak/

"Dr. Russell Blaylock warns that not only do face masks fail to protect the healthy from getting sick, but they also create serious health risks to the wearer. The bottom line is that if you are not sick, you should not wear a face mask."

"The researchers found that the mask reduced the blood oxygen levels (pa02)significantly. The longer the duration of wearing the mask, the greater the fall in blood oxygen levels. The importance of these findings is that a drop in oxygen levels (hypoxia) is associated with an impairment in immunity. Studies have shown that hypoxia can inhibit the type of main immune cells used to fight viral infections called the CD4+ T-lymphocyte. This occurs because the hypoxia increases the level of a compound called hypoxia inducible actor-1 (HIF-1), which inhibits T-lymphocytes and stimulates a powerful immune inhibitor cell called the Tregs. This sets the stage for contracting any infection, including COVID-19 and making the consequences of that infection much graver. In essence, your mask may very well put you at an increased risk of infections and if so, having a much worse outcome.5,6,7"
https://www.technocracy.news/blaylock-face-masks-pose-serious-risks-to-the-healthy/

When Dr. Fauci said people should not be wearing masks
https://youtu.be/oLNBw7XCM4Q

| Reply
May 22, 2020 08:49:31   #
maryla
 
ACP45 wrote:
"However, there is currently no evidence that wearing a mask (whether medical or other types) by healthy persons in the wider community setting, including universal community masking, can prevent them from infection with respiratory viruses, including COVID-19." World Health Organization, April 6, 2020 Interim Guidance

"Between 2004 and 2016 at least a dozen research or review articles have been published on the inadequacies of face masks. 5,6,11,17,19,20,21,25,26,27,28,31 All agree that the poor facial fit and limited filtration characteristics of face masks make them unable to prevent the wearer inhaling airborne particles. In their well-referenced 2011 article on respiratory protection for healthcare workers, Drs. Harriman and Brosseau conclude that, “facemasks will not protect against the inhalation of aerosols.” 11 https://www.oralhealthgroup.com/features/face-masks-dont-work-revealing-review/

Masks: Are There Benefits or Just a Comfort Prop? Let the Facts Speak
https://www.collective-evolution.com/2020/05/21/masks-are-there-benefits-or-just-a-comfort-prop-let-the-facts-speak/

"Dr. Russell Blaylock warns that not only do face masks fail to protect the healthy from getting sick, but they also create serious health risks to the wearer. The bottom line is that if you are not sick, you should not wear a face mask."

"The researchers found that the mask reduced the blood oxygen levels (pa02)significantly. The longer the duration of wearing the mask, the greater the fall in blood oxygen levels. The importance of these findings is that a drop in oxygen levels (hypoxia) is associated with an impairment in immunity. Studies have shown that hypoxia can inhibit the type of main immune cells used to fight viral infections called the CD4+ T-lymphocyte. This occurs because the hypoxia increases the level of a compound called hypoxia inducible actor-1 (HIF-1), which inhibits T-lymphocytes and stimulates a powerful immune inhibitor cell called the Tregs. This sets the stage for contracting any infection, including COVID-19 and making the consequences of that infection much graver. In essence, your mask may very well put you at an increased risk of infections and if so, having a much worse outcome.5,6,7"
https://www.technocracy.news/blaylock-face-masks-pose-serious-risks-to-the-healthy/

When Dr. Fauci said people should not be wearing masks
https://youtu.be/oLNBw7XCM4Q
"However, there is currently no evidence that... (show quote)


I refuse to wear a mask!!

| Reply
May 22, 2020 08:53:35   #
Workinman Loc: Bayou Pigeon
 
I have had to deal with Silica dust my whole career...what gets me is watching a a stock person and or cashier tugging at an ill fitting mask touching their face constantly then handling product or money with unsanitized hands...it's a joke.

Their are rules for wearing a N95 and better masks:

OSHA has a Respiratory Protection Standard that deals with respirators just as it has a Bloodborne Pathogens Standard that deals with exposure to blood and certain other body fluids. The N95 is the basic workhorse for healthcare applications for airborne biological pathogens. N95s differ from masks, because N95s are designed to seal tightly against the user’s face, while masks are not so designed. The Respiratory Protection Standard requires the following whenever the use of N95s is required:

Written Respiratory Protection Program (RPP)
Qualified Administrator
Medical Clearance for employees to wear an N95
Annual Fit Testing
Annual Training

We were also told that we cannot wear our masks for more than 4 hrs. at a time...

This whole thing like everything demrats do is nothing more than a sick joke...

| Reply
May 22, 2020 09:22:18   #
lpnmajor Loc: Arkansas
 
ACP45 wrote:
"However, there is currently no evidence that wearing a mask (whether medical or other types) by healthy persons in the wider community setting, including universal community masking, can prevent them from infection with respiratory viruses, including COVID-19." World Health Organization, April 6, 2020 Interim Guidance

"Between 2004 and 2016 at least a dozen research or review articles have been published on the inadequacies of face masks. 5,6,11,17,19,20,21,25,26,27,28,31 All agree that the poor facial fit and limited filtration characteristics of face masks make them unable to prevent the wearer inhaling airborne particles. In their well-referenced 2011 article on respiratory protection for healthcare workers, Drs. Harriman and Brosseau conclude that, “facemasks will not protect against the inhalation of aerosols.” 11 https://www.oralhealthgroup.com/features/face-masks-dont-work-revealing-review/

Masks: Are There Benefits or Just a Comfort Prop? Let the Facts Speak
https://www.collective-evolution.com/2020/05/21/masks-are-there-benefits-or-just-a-comfort-prop-let-the-facts-speak/

"Dr. Russell Blaylock warns that not only do face masks fail to protect the healthy from getting sick, but they also create serious health risks to the wearer. The bottom line is that if you are not sick, you should not wear a face mask."

"The researchers found that the mask reduced the blood oxygen levels (pa02)significantly. The longer the duration of wearing the mask, the greater the fall in blood oxygen levels. The importance of these findings is that a drop in oxygen levels (hypoxia) is associated with an impairment in immunity. Studies have shown that hypoxia can inhibit the type of main immune cells used to fight viral infections called the CD4+ T-lymphocyte. This occurs because the hypoxia increases the level of a compound called hypoxia inducible actor-1 (HIF-1), which inhibits T-lymphocytes and stimulates a powerful immune inhibitor cell called the Tregs. This sets the stage for contracting any infection, including COVID-19 and making the consequences of that infection much graver. In essence, your mask may very well put you at an increased risk of infections and if so, having a much worse outcome.5,6,7"
https://www.technocracy.news/blaylock-face-masks-pose-serious-risks-to-the-healthy/

When Dr. Fauci said people should not be wearing masks
https://youtu.be/oLNBw7XCM4Q
"However, there is currently no evidence that... (show quote)


How many asymptomatic people are around you right now. They have the virus, and are spreading it everywhere they go. How many people around you right now have the virus, are spreading it, but have yet to show symptoms? How many have the virus, only mild symptoms so haven't been tested, yet are still spreading the virus everywhere they go?

Medical personnel wear masks primarily to protect patients - not themselves, such as personnel in OR. Remembering that one can test negative today, contract the virus tonight, and begin spreading it everywhere one goes days later.

Wearing masks isn't to protect one's self from the virus.......................it's to protect others from one's self and whatever one may have been exposed to unawares.

As a matter of common decency and for the greater good, wear a damn mask. What's the big deal, it clashes with one's wardrobe?

| Reply
May 22, 2020 09:34:33   #
ACP45 Loc: Rhode Island
 
lpnmajor wrote:
How many asymptomatic people are around you right now. They have the virus, and are spreading it everywhere they go. How many people around you right now have the virus, are spreading it, but have yet to show symptoms? How many have the virus, only mild symptoms so haven't been tested, yet are still spreading the virus everywhere they go?

Medical personnel wear masks primarily to protect patients - not themselves, such as personnel in OR. Remembering that one can test negative today, contract the virus tonight, and begin spreading it everywhere one goes days later.

Wearing masks isn't to protect one's self from the virus.......................it's to protect others from one's self and whatever one may have been exposed to unawares.

As a matter of common decency and for the greater good, wear a damn mask. What's the big deal, it clashes with one's wardrobe?
How many asymptomatic people are around you right ... (show quote)


Apparently you did not read the post, or you intentionally misrepresent what it states.

No, it's not because it clashes with one's wardrobe.

It is because 1) “facemasks will not protect against the inhalation of aerosols”, and 2) they create serious health risks to the wearer.

Please re-read the post and the links provided.

| Reply
May 22, 2020 09:52:00   #
hdjimv Loc: South Dakota
 
ACP45 wrote:
"However, there is currently no evidence that wearing a mask (whether medical or other types) by healthy persons in the wider community setting, including universal community masking, can prevent them from infection with respiratory viruses, including COVID-19." World Health Organization, April 6, 2020 Interim Guidance

"Between 2004 and 2016 at least a dozen research or review articles have been published on the inadequacies of face masks. 5,6,11,17,19,20,21,25,26,27,28,31 All agree that the poor facial fit and limited filtration characteristics of face masks make them unable to prevent the wearer inhaling airborne particles. In their well-referenced 2011 article on respiratory protection for healthcare workers, Drs. Harriman and Brosseau conclude that, “facemasks will not protect against the inhalation of aerosols.” 11 https://www.oralhealthgroup.com/features/face-masks-dont-work-revealing-review/

Masks: Are There Benefits or Just a Comfort Prop? Let the Facts Speak
https://www.collective-evolution.com/2020/05/21/masks-are-there-benefits-or-just-a-comfort-prop-let-the-facts-speak/

"Dr. Russell Blaylock warns that not only do face masks fail to protect the healthy from getting sick, but they also create serious health risks to the wearer. The bottom line is that if you are not sick, you should not wear a face mask."

"The researchers found that the mask reduced the blood oxygen levels (pa02)significantly. The longer the duration of wearing the mask, the greater the fall in blood oxygen levels. The importance of these findings is that a drop in oxygen levels (hypoxia) is associated with an impairment in immunity. Studies have shown that hypoxia can inhibit the type of main immune cells used to fight viral infections called the CD4+ T-lymphocyte. This occurs because the hypoxia increases the level of a compound called hypoxia inducible actor-1 (HIF-1), which inhibits T-lymphocytes and stimulates a powerful immune inhibitor cell called the Tregs. This sets the stage for contracting any infection, including COVID-19 and making the consequences of that infection much graver. In essence, your mask may very well put you at an increased risk of infections and if so, having a much worse outcome.5,6,7"
https://www.technocracy.news/blaylock-face-masks-pose-serious-risks-to-the-healthy/

When Dr. Fauci said people should not be wearing masks
https://youtu.be/oLNBw7XCM4Q
"However, there is currently no evidence that... (show quote)


Excellent post.

| Reply
May 22, 2020 10:03:23   #
bestpal38 Loc: Cedar City, Utah
 
lpnmajor wrote:
How many asymptomatic people are around you right now. They have the virus, and are spreading it everywhere they go. How many people around you right now have the virus, are spreading it, but have yet to show symptoms? How many have the virus, only mild symptoms so haven't been tested, yet are still spreading the virus everywhere they go?

Medical personnel wear masks primarily to protect patients - not themselves, such as personnel in OR. Remembering that one can test negative today, contract the virus tonight, and begin spreading it everywhere one goes days later.

Wearing masks isn't to protect one's self from the virus.......................it's to protect others from one's self and whatever one may have been exposed to unawares.

As a matter of common decency and for the greater good, wear a damn mask. What's the big deal, it clashes with one's wardrobe?
How many asymptomatic people are around you right ... (show quote)


And the resident liberal steps out of his basement, and out of hiding for a brief moment, to give his liberal spin on the topic. Thanks Lib!!

| Reply
May 22, 2020 10:06:53   #
saltwind78
 
maryla wrote:
I refuse to wear a mask!!


I hope that you make up your will soon. This virus is no joke. Over ninety thousand Americans have died of coven-19 so far, and a lot more will die. That more than either the Korean War, or Nam in just a few months. Do you refuse to wear a mask because you are crazy, suicidal or just plain dump. How would you feel if you gave this terrible disease to an innocent elderly person? Its time to grow up!

| Reply
May 22, 2020 10:12:28   #
PZG1225 Loc: Florida
 
maryla wrote:
I refuse to wear a mask!!


I'm with you Mary!

| Reply
May 22, 2020 10:24:20   #
currahee506
 
Let the fearful obedient "lefties" wear the masks because it makes them look better.

| Reply
May 22, 2020 10:57:11   #
ACP45 Loc: Rhode Island
 
saltwind78 wrote:
I hope that you make up your will soon. This virus is no joke. Over ninety thousand Americans have died of coven-19 so far, and a lot more will die. That more than either the Korean War, or Nam in just a few months. Do you refuse to wear a mask because you are crazy, suicidal or just plain dump. How would you feel if you gave this terrible disease to an innocent elderly person? Its time to grow up!


So in effect what you are saying is that even thought a facemask is not effective in protection against the virus, and may in fact negatively impact your health, you will continue to wear one because some talking head on TV says you should. Is that about it?

| Reply
May 22, 2020 12:30:27   #
maryla
 
saltwind78 wrote:
I hope that you make up your will soon. This virus is no joke. Over ninety thousand Americans have died of coven-19 so far, and a lot more will die. That more than either the Korean War, or Nam in just a few months. Do you refuse to wear a mask because you are crazy, suicidal or just plain dump. How would you feel if you gave this terrible disease to an innocent elderly person? Its time to grow up!


Saltwind. Regarding growing up : I will be 60 on my next birthday so I feel I have aged enough. I don't re,e,ber when you joined but I am one tough cookie. At 15 I was hit by a car and thrown onto the roof of the car I was pushing out of the ditch at the time. I lived the next 30 years with scoliosis as my bone frame collapsed.

I then studied becoming a health coach, Largely for my own benefit and learned to overcome my health deficits. Since that time I have exercised intensely for at least 20 minutes, so my heart rate is at the prescribed rate. I also use a tilit table to give air between the spine.

That said, if the virus gets me, its my time to go. But during the car wreck incident I was killed (or frozen) and went to heaven and looked down on myself from heaven or purgatory or something, and God told me to come back to earth. He needed me here. My life is better for that experience.

Have a great day!!!

| Reply
May 22, 2020 14:04:50   #
GoCubs Loc: Earth
 
ACP45 wrote:
Apparently you did not read the post, or you intentionally misrepresent what it states.

No, it's not because it clashes with one's wardrobe.

It is because 1) “facemasks will not protect against the inhalation of aerosols”, and 2) they create serious health risks to the wearer.

Please re-read the post and the links provided.


Re-read lpnmajor's post. For the umpteenth time, no one is claiming that wearing a mask protects oneself from being infected. They don't. This has been reported over and over and over for months. Masks are worn by people out of respect for their fellow man as they do minimize the amount of air droplets spewed out into the air when the wearer coughs, sneezes and even talks. That is EXACTLY why Trump requires everyone around him to wear a mask. They are not wearing masks to protect themselves. They are wearing them to protect the president and every other person they come into contact with. How is it that some people still don't understand this?

| Reply
May 22, 2020 15:39:41   #
ACP45 Loc: Rhode Island
 
GoCubs wrote:
Re-read lpnmajor's post. For the umpteenth time, no one is claiming that wearing a mask protects oneself from being infected. They don't. This has been reported over and over and over for months. Masks are worn by people out of respect for their fellow man as they do minimize the amount of air droplets spewed out into the air when the wearer coughs, sneezes and even talks. That is EXACTLY why Trump requires everyone around him to wear a mask. They are not wearing masks to protect themselves. They are wearing them to protect the president and every other person they come into contact with. How is it that some people still don't understand this?
Re-read lpnmajor's post. For the umpteenth time, n... (show quote)


I see. "Respect for their fellow man" is the reason why we must wear masks now. How is it that we survived numerous past flu epidemics, SARS, and H1N1, all without the necessity of wearing masks. If minimizing the air droplets spewed out into the air when the wearer coughs, sneezes and even TALKS, then using that logic, we will all be wearing masks for the rest of our lives. Sorry, but I don't want to live in your version of life as we know it going forward.

| Reply
May 22, 2020 16:03:04   #
GoCubs Loc: Earth
 
ACP45 wrote:
I see. "Respect for their fellow man" is the reason why we must wear masks now. How is it that we survived numerous past flu epidemics, SARS, and H1N1, all without the necessity of wearing masks. If minimizing the air droplets spewed out into the air when the wearer coughs, sneezes and even TALKS, then using that logic, we will all be wearing masks for the rest of our lives. Sorry, but I don't want to live in your version of life as we know it going forward.


Respect for and protecting your fellow man has ALWAYS been the SOLE purpose of wearing a mask. There was never any other reason for wearing one. SARS and H1N1 were not nearly as easily spread as CV-19. Masks undoubtedly lessen the number and also the severity of CV-19 cases. If you don't want to do your part by wearing one, then by all means don't.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.