One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Two Words To Describe Democrats In Congress
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next>>
Mar 25, 2020 13:29:32   #
JFlorio Loc: Seminole Florida
 
jimpack123 wrote:
IT


Who helped you?

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 13:50:18   #
maryla
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
Despicable and indefensible. They are using the suffering, concerns, and sacrifices of the American people as an opportunity to fund some of their wish list. The bill to aide those affected by the Corona virus is being held hostsge by them until their demands are met. You OPP liberals cannot spin this away or deflect by blaming Trump.


ABSOLUTELY!! Never will they be able to give any kind of praise to our great leader. It is disappointing that they will not look past partisan politics!

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:06:49   #
Lt. Rob Polans ret.
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
Despicable and indefensible. They are using the suffering, concerns, and sacrifices of the American people as an opportunity to fund some of their wish list. The bill to aide those affected by the Corona virus is being held hostsge by them until their demands are met. You OPP liberals cannot spin this away or deflect by blaming Trump.


I can think of one that describes them, but I can't use it here.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:10:07   #
jimpack123 Loc: wisconsin
 
JFlorio wrote:
Who helped you?


Trump did it only took him 5 tries

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:10:38   #
Lt. Rob Polans ret.
 
Lt. Rob Polans ret. wrote:
I can think of one that describes them, but I can't use it here.


Btw, I thought you might be interested in this:


Exposing the role that Islamic jihad theology and ideology play in the modern global conflicts

Israeli Researchers Come Up with New Method of Testing for Coronavirus
MAR 24, 2020 10:00 AM BY HUGH FITZGERALD10 COMMENTS


Researchers at Israel’s Technion–Israel Institute of Technology and Rambam Health Care Campus have successfully tested a new method, called “pooling,” that they claim will dramatically increase the country’s ability to test for COVID-19. Because the method enables simultaneous testing of dozens of samples, its implementation will greatly accelerate the rate of COVID-19 testing and detection, according to the researchers.

The hopeful story is here.

COVID-19 testing in Israel is currently focusing on symptomatic individuals, because the current rate of testing—about 1,200 a day—does not allow for monitoring of asymptomatic carriers in the population, though such monitoring is vital to curb the epidemic.

To confirm the presence of COVID-19 virus in a sample, researchers must detect the virus’s unique genetic sequence in a sample. The test takes several hours, so testing individual samples thus generates a bottleneck.

According to Dr. Yuval Gefen, director of the Rambam Clinical Microbiology Laboratory, “Today, we receive approximately 200 COVID-19 test samples a day, and each sample undergoes individual examination. According to the new pooling approach we have currently tested, molecular testing can be performed on a ‘combined sample,’ taken from 32 or 64 patients. This way we can significantly accelerate the testing rate. Only in those rare cases where the joint sample is found to be positive will we conduct an individual test for each of the specific samples.”

Professor Roy Kishony, who heads the research group in the Technion’s Faculty of Biology, said that while the new method involves some logistical challenges, it will “greatly increase” the rate of sample testing, which in turn will help “flatten the infection curve.”

According to Technion President professor Uri Sivan, the experimental verification of this new testing method, which ordinarily would have taken months, was completed in under four days.

This experiment conducted by Technion and Rambam researchers is complex, and under normal circumstances would take months. This is a remarkable example of the mobilization of an outstanding team in a time of crisis. The initial experiment was completed in less than four days. This achievement emphasizes the importance of the close relationship between Technion and Rambam and between medicine and engineering. Technion researchers have been enlisted in the war against the coronavirus and this is one of the many activities currently underway at Technion to combat the spread of the disease.”

Israeli scientists have come up with a much faster way of testing people for the coronavirus — molecular testing that can be performed on a “combined sample,” taken from 32 or 64 patients. In cases where the joint sample is found to be positive, the scientists will then conduct an individual test for each of the specific samples.

Are you surprised that this advance in testing large populations came out of that speck on the world map, Israel? No, of course not. You have come to expect medical, technological, defense, agricultural, and every conceivable sort of advance from that tiny country. What would surprise you is if Israeli scientists played no part in coming up with better diagnostic tests, more useful therapies, and effective vaccines for coronavirus. In fact, both the Institute for Biological Research in Israel, and the state-funded Migal Galilee Research Institute also announced a breakthrough in the development of a vaccine for the new coronavirus. Both groups have promised to come up with a vaccine within “weeks” and no one doubts it. That does not mean that either vaccine is ready for immediate use; up to 18 months of further testing will be required to make sure they are safe for use in humans. But the point is that we are not surprised by any of this; we expect medical breakthroughs from Israel. No one expects anything similar – or indeed, expects any medical advances at all – from the 57 members of the Organization of the Islamic Conference. Shouldn’t we be pondering what explains this colossal disparity?

The Israelis have come up with new treatments for many types of cancer, for heart disease – including 3-D hearts –and recently, came up, too, with a single drug to effectively treat incurable inflammatory diseases such as Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis, as well as neurodegenerative maladies such as Alzheimer’s disease. Of course we expect them to come up with something; even their enemies are expecting Israeli medical advances.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:16:52   #
jimpack123 Loc: wisconsin
 
Lt. Rob Polans ret. wrote:
Btw, I thought you might be interested in this:


Exposing the role that Islamic jihad theology and ideology play in the modern global conflicts

Israeli Researchers Come Up with New Method of Testing for Coronavirus
MAR 24, 2020 10:00 AM BY HUGH FITZGERALD10 COMMENTS


Researchers at Israel’s Technion–Israel Institute of Technology and Rambam Health Care Campus have successfully tested a new method, called “pooling,” that they claim will dramatically increase the country’s ability to test for COVID-19. Because the method enables simultaneous testing of dozens of samples, its implementation will greatly accelerate the rate of COVID-19 testing and detection, according to the researchers.

The hopeful story is here.

COVID-19 testing in Israel is currently focusing on symptomatic individuals, because the current rate of testing—about 1,200 a day—does not allow for monitoring of asymptomatic carriers in the population, though such monitoring is vital to curb the epidemic.

To confirm the presence of COVID-19 virus in a sample, researchers must detect the virus’s unique genetic sequence in a sample. The test takes several hours, so testing individual samples thus generates a bottleneck.

According to Dr. Yuval Gefen, director of the Rambam Clinical Microbiology Laboratory, “Today, we receive approximately 200 COVID-19 test samples a day, and each sample undergoes individual examination. According to the new pooling approach we have currently tested, molecular testing can be performed on a ‘combined sample,’ taken from 32 or 64 patients. This way we can significantly accelerate the testing rate. Only in those rare cases where the joint sample is found to be positive will we conduct an individual test for each of the specific samples.”

Professor Roy Kishony, who heads the research group in the Technion’s Faculty of Biology, said that while the new method involves some logistical challenges, it will “greatly increase” the rate of sample testing, which in turn will help “flatten the infection curve.”

According to Technion President professor Uri Sivan, the experimental verification of this new testing method, which ordinarily would have taken months, was completed in under four days.

This experiment conducted by Technion and Rambam researchers is complex, and under normal circumstances would take months. This is a remarkable example of the mobilization of an outstanding team in a time of crisis. The initial experiment was completed in less than four days. This achievement emphasizes the importance of the close relationship between Technion and Rambam and between medicine and engineering. Technion researchers have been enlisted in the war against the coronavirus and this is one of the many activities currently underway at Technion to combat the spread of the disease.”

Israeli scientists have come up with a much faster way of testing people for the coronavirus — molecular testing that can be performed on a “combined sample,” taken from 32 or 64 patients. In cases where the joint sample is found to be positive, the scientists will then conduct an individual test for each of the specific samples.

Are you surprised that this advance in testing large populations came out of that speck on the world map, Israel? No, of course not. You have come to expect medical, technological, defense, agricultural, and every conceivable sort of advance from that tiny country. What would surprise you is if Israeli scientists played no part in coming up with better diagnostic tests, more useful therapies, and effective vaccines for coronavirus. In fact, both the Institute for Biological Research in Israel, and the state-funded Migal Galilee Research Institute also announced a breakthrough in the development of a vaccine for the new coronavirus. Both groups have promised to come up with a vaccine within “weeks” and no one doubts it. That does not mean that either vaccine is ready for immediate use; up to 18 months of further testing will be required to make sure they are safe for use in humans. But the point is that we are not surprised by any of this; we expect medical breakthroughs from Israel. No one expects anything similar – or indeed, expects any medical advances at all – from the 57 members of the Organization of the Islamic Conference. Shouldn’t we be pondering what explains this colossal disparity?

The Israelis have come up with new treatments for many types of cancer, for heart disease – including 3-D hearts –and recently, came up, too, with a single drug to effectively treat incurable inflammatory diseases such as Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis, as well as neurodegenerative maladies such as Alzheimer’s disease. Of course we expect them to come up with something; even their enemies are expecting Israeli medical advances.
Btw, I thought you might be interested in this: br... (show quote)


It is a good thing that Israelis have come up this now if the rest of the middle east could do some good instead of bad then the world would be a better place

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:23:49   #
Lt. Rob Polans ret.
 
rafterman wrote:
For those of you who do not know what the Dems are requiring, here's a partial list:
• eliminate debt held by the U.S. Postal Service,
• require same-day voter registration,
• pay off $10,000 in student debt per person,
• mandate that airlines reduce their overall carbon emissions by 50 percent by 2050, and
• force federal agencies to explain to Congress how they are increasing their usage of “minority banks” http://click1.srnemail.com/lwzhjnffjldrllcfrddymrqlsjrwnsslknycskdknqkjdg_zspllbrzlfrmkrsdszbzbzz.html

• Requires a labor union representative on every airline’s board of directors. Multiemployer pension bailout lacking needed reforms.
• Permanently raises the minimum wage to $15 for any business that receives federal aid for COVID-19 http://click1.srnemail.com/clmmclkkcsgfsszkfggntfqsvcfjlvvsdlnzvdgdlqdcgg_zspllbrzlfrmkrsdszbzbzz.html

It also includes a gift of “$35 million to the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts” http://click1.srnemail.com/vgmyhgqqhckncczqnkktfnmcdhnjgddcvgtzdvkvgmvhkh_zspllbrzlfrmkrsdszbzbzz.html

A must-watch passionate teardown of the horrible Democratic bill and the people who put it forth, from U.S. Senator and Dr. John Barrasso (Twitter). http://click1.srnemail.com/cpqmclkkcsgfsszkfggntfqsvcfjlvvsdlnzvdgdlqdccg_zspllbrzlfrmkrsdszbzbzz.html

From Ted Cruz: “One of the reasons I think Senate Democrats are so willing to engage in this is that they expect the media to be utterly complicit in their cynical gamesmanship” (Twitter). http://click1.srnemail.com/qfpdgfjjgcvtccrjtvvbmthcygtpfyycwfbrywvwfhwgvf_zspllbrzlfrmkrsdszbzbzz.html

From another story: House Majority Whip James Clyburn, South Carolina Democrat, reportedly said last week, “This is a tremendous opportunity to restructure things to fit our vision”(Washington Times). http://click1.srnemail.com/tccpvcddvtbkttrdkbbglkjtsvkmcsstzcgrszbzcjzvbm_zspllbrzlfrmkrsdszbzbzz.html

From the Wall Street Journal editorial board: Do Democrats even care? It isn’t obvious as they pander to their progressive base to make last-minute demands while blocking the rescue cash. The political chronology is instructive—and depressing about the state of Democratic leadership (WSJ). http://click1.srnemail.com/vghyhgqqhckncczqnkktfnmcdhnjgddcvgtzdvkvgmvhkm_zspllbrzlfrmkrsdszbzbzz.html

From Brit Hume: Holding the bill hostage to the unrelated wishlist items Democrats are trying to stuff into it is the most cynical thing I’ve seen since the character assassination of Brett Kavanaugh(Twitter).
http://click1.srnemail.com/olkqwlccwpkdppncdkkvtdmpswdrlsspzlvnszkzlmzwkq_zspllbrzlfrmkrsdszbzbzz.html

From Mark Hemingway: What I don’t understand about what happened with the legislation today it’s going to be used, likely with some success, against congressional Dems in the fall. It seems like an obvious political blunder and they’re oblivious (Twitter). http://click1.srnemail.com/qvwdgfjjgcvtccrjtvvbmthcygtpfyycwfbrywvwfhwggn_zspllbrzlfrmkrsdszbzbzz.html
For those of you who do not know what the Dems are... (show quote)


Okay, I'd get rid of labor unions. Way too often, if not always corrupt and socialist.
I don't know much about the postal service, only that it is slow and inneficient, so eliminate debt?
Same-day voter registration, why? It accomplishes what? I can see people from other states suddenly appearing as living in this state. No this too is BS.
Airline emissions, take that up with Nancy and her flying fortress.
Forget the minimum wage increase. That's like a participation trophy. "You showed up, here."
Britt Hume seems to get it, this is a big waste. Thank you libs.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:27:56   #
Lt. Rob Polans ret.
 
Kevyn wrote:
What is despicable and indefensible is the Republicans who are attempting to use this crisis to line the pockets of the industries who lobby them and fill their campaign coffers rather than joining Democrats in providing relief for suffering American families and unemployed workers.


Keep that pipe handy, you may have a nice dream one day. You're alluding to the $15. an hour minimum wage, here is your trophy kid, thanks for coming. Good job even though you did nothing. Get it?

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:29:38   #
Lt. Rob Polans ret.
 
amadjuster wrote:
Horses have blinders. So does Kevyn.


Kevyn, rafterman and all the socialist/communists.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:31:33   #
Lt. Rob Polans ret.
 
Smedley_buzkill wrote:
So relief for "suffering American families and unemployed workers are going to get relief by being screwed out of their money? They will be able to pay their bills and buy groceries once the JFK Center is funded by 35 million dollars of THEIR MONEY?


Senseless, isn't it?

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:37:33   #
Lt. Rob Polans ret.
 
Alber wrote:
amadjuster wrote:
Horses have blinders. So does Kevyn.

Kevyn wears blinders as if they were luxury Ray Ban glasses.
This is the same tactic used by the communists in the labor unions. If the employer agrees to pay a 10% salary increase, then they ask for 20%. Communists are not interested in raising wages, but in creating problems. Everything that can be done to derail the train of capitalism is acceptable. They do not care about the means to follow, what they care about is the end they pursue.
In the same way, the Democrats try to derail what the Republicans propose. They do not care who is harmed, what matters is to impose their criteria and appear as true benefactors.
amadjuster wrote: br Horses have blinders. So does... (show quote)


Perfect analogy! That was why I said kill all unions, as Puerto Rico learned those are the true enemies of the people. politicians use them, but they are too big and use the politicians.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:41:10   #
American Vet
 
Lt. Rob Polans ret. wrote:
Okay, I'd get rid of labor unions. Way too often, if not always corrupt and socialist.
I don't know much about the postal service, only that it is slow and inneficient, so eliminate debt?
Same-day voter registration, why? It accomplishes what? I can see people from other states suddenly appearing as living in this state. No this too is BS.
Airline emissions, take that up with Nancy and her flying fortress.
Forget the minimum wage increase. That's like a participation trophy. "You showed up, here."
Britt Hume seems to get it, this is a big waste. Thank you libs.
Okay, I'd get rid of labor unions. Way too often, ... (show quote)



| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:49:24   #
Lt. Rob Polans ret.
 
jimpack123 wrote:
It is a good thing that Israelis have come up this now if the rest of the middle east could do some good instead of bad then the world would be a better place


Don't count on them, they want you dead or didn't you know that? To them you and I are infidels.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:50:08   #
jimpack123 Loc: wisconsin
 
American Vet wrote:


labor unions are a necessary evil you must have checks and balances. In a perfect world Bosses treat there Employee's with respect and fairness . that does not happen without checks and balances and YES there are bad unions, but there are mant good unions also

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:52:08   #
jimpack123 Loc: wisconsin
 
Lt. Rob Polans ret. wrote:
Don't count on them, they want you dead or didn't you know that? To them you and I are infidels.


agreed but one can only hope.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.