One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Trump failing the Nation when leadership is needed most.
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
Mar 25, 2020 11:54:08   #
jack sequim wa Loc: Redding, CA
 
meridianlesilie wrote:
it might have to be done to get rid of this the more people touch & get close to each other the more it spreads i got to many health problems to get it i got diabetes high blood pressure & asthma ..if i get it i do not think i will win this !!!!!!!! so i got enough to last a while .i live by myself ..so that part is easy ,,,...



As a constitutionalists, this is a circumstance that I believe our founders would agree with a lockdown.
However our founders would have had the sense to amend (An Amendment) preventing government from gaining controls beyond a crisis.
The left power grabbers love a crisis to stomp on the constitution and retain unconstitutional powers beyond a crisis.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 11:59:40   #
Peewee Loc: San Antonio, TX
 
jack sequim wa wrote:
As a constitutionalists, this is a circumstance that I believe our founders would agree with a lockdown.
However our founders would have had the sense to amend (An Amendment) preventing government from gaining controls beyond a crisis.
The left power grabbers love a crisis to stomp on the constitution and retain unconstitutional powers beyond a crisis.


I get White House updates in my computer mailbox. An agreement reached by Trump and Congress on a 2 trillion CV-19 bill was the latest one. Hi-ho it's back to work we go, come Easter.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 13:08:32   #
Pariahjf
 
EmilyD wrote:
Trump responded to a reporter who specifically asked about the Defense Protection Act. He said many companies all over the country were already offering their own help without any pressure from the government. He mentioned Hanes (the company that makes cotton t-shirts and underwear) will start mass-producing masks. Other companies like Ford and Chevy will begin making ventilators (in fact he said there was one company in New Hampshire - a metal working company - called to say they could make ventilators), a company that makes whiskey and alcohol, called to say they could make hand sanitizers, etc. Why should he invoke a bill that says they HAVE to do something they already are willing to do? Why should he give other businesses who might offer their help in the future a message they are going to be taken over by the government? Trump might use the Act later on "down the chain" as he put it, but it is not needed just yet.

If you don't believe me, just google Sunday's coronivirus press briefing - it started at 5:00 pm (est) and ended after 7 pm.

You may be able to view it, also, on https://www.whitehouse.gov/
Trump responded to a reporter who specifically ask... (show quote)


You are correct. They are doing it voluntarily, and Trump did said he has leverage, but would be best not to use it unless it became necessary.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 13:37:55   #
Abraham50
 
LogicallyRight wrote:
Wrong as usual. Normally you aren't worth responding to, but I am responding to correct an utter falsehood. GM is in talks with Ventec Life Systems in Washington for about a week. They are offering their expertise in supply chains and production lines. It might be to difficult to reduce an automobile production line for a small device like that, but they are looking into it. So, Kevyn, as usual your statements are lies and not worth responding to.


You just agreed with Kevyn for gods sake "but they are looking into it" They haven't done it yet, just looking into it !! Trump said he heard they're already doing it ! Trumps statements are lies, not Kevyns !! Watch what they do, not what they say !! Talk is cheep, actions tell the truth !!

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 13:51:59   #
EmilyD
 
Abraham50 wrote:
You just agreed with Kevyn for gods sake "but they are looking into it" They haven't done it yet, just looking into it !! Trump said he heard they're already doing it ! Trumps statements are lies, not Kevyns !! Watch what they do, not what they say !! Talk is cheep, actions tell the truth !!

Do you think they can just drop everything and start making things immediately? That they have not actually started production does NOT mean that they are not already working on it. The two companies are having meetings, calling in company experts, designing the product and will most likely begin production very soon. That's what Trump meant. Typical liberal spin....amazing!

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:03:21   #
jack sequim wa Loc: Redding, CA
 
Pariahjf wrote:
You are correct. They are doing it voluntarily, and Trump did said he has leverage, but would be best not to use it unless it became necessary.



The million dollar question? Will it become necessary?
Factually on a limited geographical area, I know they are lying about how many test are positive. Could be trying to quill panic until the $1,200 dollar checks arrive. The checks are supposed to have a two prong benefit with one being for workers to pay bills ( I do business with 3 banks, all are offering 90 day skip payments, also the credit card companies) and household needs (food ) second a stimulus to the economy.
Is it possible that Trump knows he may be required to exercise the possible? Give people a chance to have $1,200 for provisions allowing a "stay in place order"?
I question what the real test positive numbers are, considering the whistle blowers in China with multiple sources claiming over 100 incinerators have been operating 24/7 for weeks. Everytime a whistle blower video gets posted, it disappears, is permanently wiped off the server, cloud, computer, cell phone.
Just saying....

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:06:21   #
Pariahjf
 
jack sequim wa wrote:
The million dollar question? Will it become necessary?
Factually on a limited geographical area, I know they are lying about how many test are positive. Could be trying to quill panic until the $1,200 dollar checks arrive. The checks are supposed to have a two prong benefit with one being for workers to pay bills ( I do business with 3 banks, all are offering 90 day skip payments, also the credit card companies) and household needs (food ) second a stimulus to the economy.
Is it possible that Trump knows he may be required to exercise the possible? Give people a chance to have $1,200 for provisions allowing a "stay in place order"?
I question what the real test positive numbers are, considering the whistle blowers in China with multiple sources claiming over 100 incinerators have been operating 24/7 for weeks. Everytime a whistle blower video gets posted, it disappears, is permanently wiped off the server, cloud, computer, cell phone.
Just saying....
The million dollar question? Will it become necess... (show quote)


I can agree with you on those points. My question is what happened to the 24 million Chinese cell numbers that suddenly were shut off.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:08:32   #
LogicallyRight Loc: Chicago
 
Cadiver wrote:
My comment was not “to get a rise” out of any user nor to be controversial


You're new here. Actually almost neighbors. Chicago Northeast.

If you just hit reply, we usually don't have any idea who you are replying too, or just in general. Might work if you are the absolute next poster that appears, but that doesn't often happen.

If you hit Quote Reply, it shows that whole reply you are responding to, but won't forward that. Only your comments. Helps for everyone to make sense of the whole thread and your comment.

Hope that helps. Welcome. Hope we'll become virtual friends and not adversaries.

Logically Right

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:13:06   #
Blade_Runner Loc: DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
 
Abraham50 wrote:
You just agreed with Kevyn for gods sake "but they are looking into it" They haven't done it yet, just looking into it !! Trump said he heard they're already doing it ! Trumps statements are lies, not Kevyns !! Watch what they do, not what they say !! Talk is cheep, actions tell the truth !!
Trump Urges Car Companies To Make Ventilators Without Imposing Defense Production Act

President Trump gave Ford, Tesla, and GM the "go ahead" to produce respiratory ventilators. And, they are working on it.

In case you didn't know this, a respiratory ventilator is not a wind up toy, it is a sophisticated machine that cannot be manufactured overnight.

Moreover, it is the state governments, i.e., governors, who are responsible for preparing their states for such contingencies. State governments certify hospitals, clinics, and medical facilities within their state, they regulate them, approve expansion of them, authorize upgrades in medical equipment and supplies. State governments license physicians, nurses, and other medical professionals. This is not the responsibility of the federal government.

It is telling that the hardest hit states - New York, California, Washington, New Jersey - are all run by democrats. With over half the cases of COVID-19, NY is the epicenter of this pandemic.

Due to prior viral outbreaks such as the flu and Ebola, governor Cuomo was told that NY needed to beef up the state's defense. He rejected the proposal.

Because of this emergency and the failure of state governments to prepare for such contingencies, president Trump asked the said companies to expedite their efforts to manufacture ventilators.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:18:20   #
Pariahjf
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
Trump Urges Car Companies To Make Ventilators Without Imposing Defense Production Act

President Trump gave Ford, Tesla, and GM the "go ahead" to produce respiratory ventilators. And, they are working on it.

In case you didn't know this, a respiratory ventilator is not a wind up toy, it is a sophisticated machine that cannot be manufactured overnight.

Moreover, it is the state governments, i.e., governors, who are responsible for preparing their states for such contingencies. State governments certify hospitals, clinics, and medical facilities within their state, they regulate them, approve expansion of them, authorize upgrades in medical equipment and supplies. State governments license physicians, nurses, and other medical professionals. This is not the responsibility of the federal government.

It is telling that the hardest hit states - New York, California, Washington, New Jersey - are all run by democrats. With over half the cases of COVID-19, NY is the epicenter of this pandemic.

Due to prior viral outbreaks such as the flu and Ebola, governor Cuomo was told that NY needed to beef up the state's defense. He rejected the proposal.

Because of this emergency and the failure of state governments to prepare for such contingencies, president Trump asked the said companies to expedite their efforts to manufacture ventilators.
url=https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live... (show quote)


You forgot Florida in that list of states... And next up is Texas, Georgia, and Louisiana.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:21:40   #
jack sequim wa Loc: Redding, CA
 
EmilyD wrote:
Do you think they can just drop everything and start making things immediately? That they have not actually started production does NOT mean that they are not already working on it. The two companies are having meetings, calling in company experts, designing the product and will most likely begin production very soon. That's what Trump meant. Typical liberal spin....amazing!



When money is not an object and urgency is of the ultimate demand, these factories have the assets to retool and begin production in days.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:22:11   #
LogicallyRight Loc: Chicago
 
Abraham50 wrote:
You just agreed with Kevyn for gods sake "but they are looking into it" They haven't done it yet, just looking into it !! Trump said he heard they're already doing it ! Trumps statements are lies, not Kevyns !! Watch what they do, not what they say !! Talk is cheep, actions tell the truth !!


What do you want, a freaking magic wand. These things take time, whether on there own or under Government dictate. Probably quicker when there is a will to get it done. It takes time and I DID NOT agree with Kevyn. I corrected Kevyn.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:26:03   #
jack sequim wa Loc: Redding, CA
 
Pariahjf wrote:
I can agree with you on those points. My question is what happened to the 24 million Chinese cell numbers that suddenly were shut off.



No doubt the Chinese have their version of our NSA. Given that China has high technology, it would be a given they would know which cell phones, towers to shut off.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:27:42   #
Blade_Runner Loc: DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
 
Pariahjf wrote:
You forgot Florida in that list of states... And next up is Texas, Georgia, and Louisiana.
Are you saying you can't wait for that to happen? Pay attention to New York, especially NYC, that's where this thing is expanding exponentially.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:30:11   #
Pariahjf
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
Are you saying you can't wait for that to happen? Pay attention to New York, especially NYC, that's where this thing is expanding exponentially.


That is correct about NYC. It's also true here in Florida, and also likely to happen in Georgia, Texas, and Louisiana based on the current progression patterns. Just saying, being a realist on this thing.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.