One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Never knew this
Page: <<prev 1 2
Feb 13, 2020 15:04:34   #
dtucker300 Loc: Vista, CA
 
permafrost wrote:
did you find some thing wrong with this post?

I intended it for information only.. We all, or at least most, recited the pledge every morning in grade school and I found the information presented with the photo as fascinating..

Not intended to be political.


No one is politicizing it. Just an interesting fact that most people born after the depression years were unaware of. If we don't learn something new every day, we have failed our purpose for being.

| Reply
Feb 14, 2020 11:47:45   #
F.D.R.
 
permafrost wrote:
When Christian socialist Francis Bellamy wrote the Pledge of Allegiance in 1892, the oath was steeped in nativist impulses. He sought to define "true Americanism" against the rising tide of southern and eastern European immigrants "pouring over our country." From its anti-immigrant origins to the Nazi-esque salute children used to make while saying it, this is the dark history of the Pledge of Allegiance that the schoolchildren who say it each morning will never find in their history books
When Christian socialist Francis Bellamy wrote the... (show quote)


Are you just dumb or did you insert the Nazi word on purpose. There were no Nazi's in 1892.

| Reply
Feb 14, 2020 11:53:35   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
F.D.R. wrote:
Are you just dumb or did you insert the Nazi word on purpose. There were no Nazi's in 1892.




Think hard.... the Nazi connection did not come until we had Nazi.. about the mid 30s..

Not a hard concept.. everyone else seemed to understand..
some custom work by my good nephew..
some custom work by my good nephew.....

| Reply
Feb 14, 2020 14:39:11   #
dtucker300 Loc: Vista, CA
 
permafrost wrote:
Think hard.... the Nazi connection did not come until we had Nazi.. about the mid 30s..

Not a hard concept.. everyone else seemed to understand..


Yes, they did.


That is an awesome gun rack! Beautiful workmanship I can really appreciate. If I ever make it back to Minnesota I am absolutely going to have to look him up. Or does he live in another state? What model car did he use? Looks like a 1950s-60s Chevy. I have a 1940 Ford 4-door sedan.

| Reply
Feb 14, 2020 14:49:46   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
dtucker300 wrote:
Yes, they did.


That is an awesome gun rack! Beautiful workmanship I can really appreciate. If I ever make it back to Minnesota I am absolutely going to have to look him up. Or does he live in another state? What model car did he use? Looks like a 1950s-60s Chevy. I have a 1940 Ford 4-door sedan.
Yes, they did. img src="https://static.onepoliti... (show quote)



the lad lives in the Seattle area.. I get to see him about every 12 years or so.. but he does use Face book to spur me now and then.. I would like to see the vehicle..

Not sure now, I thought i was looking at the interior of a Pickup.. but yes an older model..

You have a 1940 ford??? you lucky dog you.. I would love to have anything near that..



| Reply
Feb 14, 2020 15:11:03   #
dtucker300 Loc: Vista, CA
 
permafrost wrote:
the lad lives in the Seattle area.. I get to see him about every 12 years or so.. but he does use Face book to spur me now and then.. I would like to see the vehicle..

Not sure now, I thought i was looking at the interior of a Pickup.. but yes an older model..

You have a 1940 ford??? you lucky dog you.. I would love to have anything near that..


Well, the next time you talk to him, please tell him that is some very impressive work! I haven't been to Seattle for about three years. I have a cousin a Puyallup. I went through Basic at Ft. Lewis. There are a couple of car museums in and near Tacoma that are awesome.

One of my Favorites: https://www.lemaymarymount.org/ They have a 48 Tucker there.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.