One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
The vanishing Dept of Justice
Page: 1 2 next>>
Feb 13, 2020 09:00:29   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
Yes, this is from Quora....Very much my own concerns...

Do you think we are watching the rule of law collapse in real time in the US because of Barr?
Robert Real
Robert Real, former Radiographer, Medical Technologist. Disabled
Answered 15h ago
Question

Do you think we are watching the rule of law collapse in real time in the US because of Barr?

Yes.

There will be more of this kind of stuff. NBC on Tuesday night reported that Barr is personally consolidating control of federal legal matters of interest to the president. And Trump on Tuesday night publicly assailed the judge handling Stone's case. We are a very long way from the time when then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch recused herself from Hillary Clinton's email case after she chatted with Bill Clinton on an airport tarmac. The old wisdom was that the appearance of a conflict of interest is the same as an actual conflict. The new wisdom — if it can be called that — is to get away with as much as you possibly can.

Trump is generally corrupt, but his attempts to bend the Department of Justice to his will and self-interest are particularly troubling, and will probably do damage that lingers long after he leaves office. Justice — the rule of law — has always been a flawed and fragile concept in America, but it is also one of the foundations on which our democracy rests. "All men are created equal" is a statement of how we are to be treated by the law. Now the president orchestrates special treatment for himself and his cronies and urges punishment for his enemies. Increasingly, the Department of Justice seems willing to go along. In doing so, it loses whatever legitimacy and reputation for fairness it might have had. Right and wrong, legal and illegal are less important than they were a few years ago — what matters most is who has the power, and the will to use it.

The rule of law is dead

You have to remember one little thing, Donald Barr. William Barrs father was good friends with Jeffrey Epstein. Let me see who else do I know that was good friends with Jeffrey Epstein that's relevant at this time.

Donald J Trumplestiltskin.

The Constitution is on fire people. It's up to us to put it out.

| Reply
Feb 13, 2020 09:11:11   #
Barracuda2020
 
permafrost wrote:
Yes, this is from Quora....Very much my own concerns...

Do you think we are watching the rule of law collapse in real time in the US because of Barr?
Robert Real
Robert Real, former Radiographer, Medical Technologist. Disabled
Answered 15h ago
Question

Do you think we are watching the rule of law collapse in real time in the US because of Barr?

Yes.

There will be more of this kind of stuff. NBC on Tuesday night reported that Barr is personally consolidating control of federal legal matters of interest to the president. And Trump on Tuesday night publicly assailed the judge handling Stone's case. We are a very long way from the time when then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch recused herself from Hillary Clinton's email case after she chatted with Bill Clinton on an airport tarmac. The old wisdom was that the appearance of a conflict of interest is the same as an actual conflict. The new wisdom — if it can be called that — is to get away with as much as you possibly can.

Trump is generally corrupt, but his attempts to bend the Department of Justice to his will and self-interest are particularly troubling, and will probably do damage that lingers long after he leaves office. Justice — the rule of law — has always been a flawed and fragile concept in America, but it is also one of the foundations on which our democracy rests. "All men are created equal" is a statement of how we are to be treated by the law. Now the president orchestrates special treatment for himself and his cronies and urges punishment for his enemies. Increasingly, the Department of Justice seems willing to go along. In doing so, it loses whatever legitimacy and reputation for fairness it might have had. Right and wrong, legal and illegal are less important than they were a few years ago — what matters most is who has the power, and the will to use it.

The rule of law is dead

You have to remember one little thing, Donald Barr. William Barrs father was good friends with Jeffrey Epstein. Let me see who else do I know that was good friends with Jeffrey Epstein that's relevant at this time.

Donald J Trumplestiltskin.

The Constitution is on fire people. It's up to us to put it out.
Yes, this is from Quora....Very much my own concer... (show quote)


What to do with all of these blind people working against us. Unbelievable how they will follow Trump's lies over judges who have heard the case and made a just ruling, they are completely demented.

| Reply
Feb 13, 2020 09:13:16   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
permafrost wrote:
Yes, this is from Quora....Very much my own concerns...

Do you think we are watching the rule of law collapse in real time in the US because of Barr?
Robert Real
Robert Real, former Radiographer, Medical Technologist. Disabled
Answered 15h ago
Question

Do you think we are watching the rule of law collapse in real time in the US because of Barr?

Yes.

There will be more of this kind of stuff. NBC on Tuesday night reported that Barr is personally consolidating control of federal legal matters of interest to the president. And Trump on Tuesday night publicly assailed the judge handling Stone's case. We are a very long way from the time when then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch recused herself from Hillary Clinton's email case after she chatted with Bill Clinton on an airport tarmac. The old wisdom was that the appearance of a conflict of interest is the same as an actual conflict. The new wisdom — if it can be called that — is to get away with as much as you possibly can.

Trump is generally corrupt, but his attempts to bend the Department of Justice to his will and self-interest are particularly troubling, and will probably do damage that lingers long after he leaves office. Justice — the rule of law — has always been a flawed and fragile concept in America, but it is also one of the foundations on which our democracy rests. "All men are created equal" is a statement of how we are to be treated by the law. Now the president orchestrates special treatment for himself and his cronies and urges punishment for his enemies. Increasingly, the Department of Justice seems willing to go along. In doing so, it loses whatever legitimacy and reputation for fairness it might have had. Right and wrong, legal and illegal are less important than they were a few years ago — what matters most is who has the power, and the will to use it.

The rule of law is dead

You have to remember one little thing, Donald Barr. William Barrs father was good friends with Jeffrey Epstein. Let me see who else do I know that was good friends with Jeffrey Epstein that's relevant at this time.

Donald J Trumplestiltskin.

The Constitution is on fire people. It's up to us to put it out.
Yes, this is from Quora....Very much my own concer... (show quote)


After the Mueller witch hunt and fabrication of the FBI etc,< you betcha!!!

| Reply
Feb 13, 2020 09:15:26   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
Barracuda2020 wrote:
What to do with all of these blind people working against us. Unbelievable how they will follow Trump's lies over judges who have heard the case and made a just ruling, they are completely demented.


Isn’t it interesting how the right say the very same of the left??

Im crazy as hell and don’t deny it. How about you??🤪😛🙃

| Reply
Feb 13, 2020 09:27:04   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
Barracuda2020 wrote:
What to do with all of these blind people working against us. Unbelievable how they will follow Trump's lies over judges who have heard the case and made a just ruling, they are completely demented.


Yes, they will never even admit the smallest of faults in the orange cult leader they adore..


| Reply
Feb 13, 2020 09:31:41   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
lindajoy wrote:
After the Mueller witch hunt and fabrication of the FBI etc,< you betcha!!!



And yet you find no problem that the 11 points left for congress to investigate by Mueller were swept away..

I still hope for more exposure on all those points..

FBI in part cost the election for Lady Hillary.. yes, Comey committed a very unethical act to release a half truth 11 days before the election and omit the mention of an ongoing investigation of trump..



| Reply
Feb 13, 2020 09:37:48   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
permafrost wrote:
And yet you find no problem that the 11 points left for congress to investigate by Mueller were swept away..

I still hope for more exposure on all those points..

FBI in part cost the election for Lady Hillary.. yes, Comey committed a very unethical act to release a half truth 11 days before the election and omit the mention of an ongoing investigation of trump..



| Reply
Feb 13, 2020 09:42:11   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
Oof-da... gotta keep that Meme... very good and so timely... thanks.. or not..??

| Reply
Feb 13, 2020 09:46:40   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
permafrost wrote:
Oof-da... gotta keep that Meme... very good and so timely... thanks.. or not..??


It was meant as a positive.. Sometimes we all need reminders...Glad you like it too..👍👍✨💫

| Reply
Feb 13, 2020 09:47:29   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
lindajoy wrote:
It was meant as a positive.. Sometimes we all need reminders...Glad you like it too..👍👍✨💫



| Reply
Feb 13, 2020 10:05:16   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
permafrost wrote:


Wish there were more of this on the OPP...

You two are exceptional

| Reply
Feb 13, 2020 11:36:31   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Wish there were more of this on the OPP...

You two are exceptional



I actually like and admire her.. despite our views..

Having a good day are you? Hope we all are..

| Reply
Feb 13, 2020 12:34:23   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Wish there were more of this on the OPP...

You two are exceptional


So do I and if we just see our political passion is just that we should be able to keep it simple and be respectful...

Thank You for your very nice compliment to us..💫✨

| Reply
Feb 13, 2020 12:36:38   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
permafrost wrote:
I actually like and admire her.. despite our views..

Having a good day are you? Hope we all are..


Thank You, perm, I like and admire you as well.. I also learn from you too...❤️

| Reply
Feb 14, 2020 06:52:33   #
billy a Loc: South Florida
 
lindajoy wrote:
So do I and if we just see our political passion is just that we should be able to keep it simple and be respectful...

Thank You for your very nice compliment to us..💫✨


Canuckus is right... This civilized exchange between you , Lindajoy , and Permafrost is a rare example of what we can be as people.
You guys demonstrate what It's going to take to heal this experiment called America.
Too much shit - slinging lately. Thank you both for letting a little light in here.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.