One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
I turned 13 in 1960 and what I give you is further in just years of those days
Feb 9, 2020 13:48:09   #
| Reply
Feb 9, 2020 14:06:31   #
bahmer
 
rumitoid wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVqly9G2P9A&list=RDTVqly9G2P9A&start_radio=1


I still don't understand nor appreciate African art nor African music and the need to be jumping up and down like a bunch of scared jack rabbits on stage. But to each his own and if you enjoy this then enjoy.

| Reply
Feb 9, 2020 14:17:40   #
BigMike Loc: yerington nv
 
bahmer wrote:
I still don't understand nor appreciate African art nor African music and the need to be jumping up and down like a bunch of scared jack rabbits on stage. But to each his own and if you enjoy this then enjoy.


This is good African music. These guys are good. They lyrics are classy and simple and they play their instruments well. Very bluesy.

TALYAT (GIRL)
If I see a light-skinned girl
With blossoming face
Coming out of her tent,
Dressed in a robe I know well,
My soul will want to talk to her.
And I will want to go to her.
With heart sincere, she will not hide from me
Anything that her eyes have seen.
Friends, companions,
Love can make you sick.
Only love can make you suffer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PItnw3Z7WgY&t=85s

| Reply
Feb 9, 2020 14:18:39   #
BigMike Loc: yerington nv
 
bahmer wrote:
I still don't understand nor appreciate African art nor African music and the need to be jumping up and down like a bunch of scared jack rabbits on stage. But to each his own and if you enjoy this then enjoy.


The 2nd song is good too.

| Reply
Feb 9, 2020 15:52:12   #
Iliamna1
 
bahmer wrote:
I still don't understand nor appreciate African art nor African music and the need to be jumping up and down like a bunch of scared jack rabbits on stage. But to each his own and if you enjoy this then enjoy.


Lighten up. My personal preference runs toward country-western music and classical. However, having said that, these kids are pretty good. Do yo have any idea if how much rehearsal time it took to get them to be jumping around in synch while singing?? Although they're all wearing essentially the same outfit, do you realize the time, measuring and expense they went through in preparation for this event? I wouldn't mind seeing more ethnic groups like this, singing their own brand of songs.

| Reply
Feb 9, 2020 16:24:26   #
eden
 
Brilliant and inspiring. Thank you for posting this. We needed a break from the emotional downer of the impeachment.

| Reply
Feb 9, 2020 16:59:33   #
rumitoid
 
eden wrote:
Brilliant and inspiring. Thank you for posting this. We needed a break from the emotional downer of the impeachment.


I agree and thank you.

| Reply
Feb 9, 2020 19:18:41   #
BigMike Loc: yerington nv
 
rumitoid wrote:
I agree and thank you.


I like this kind of thing.

| Reply
Feb 10, 2020 21:23:36   #
rumitoid
 
bahmer wrote:
I still don't understand nor appreciate African art nor African music and the need to be jumping up and down like a bunch of scared jack rabbits on stage. But to each his own and if you enjoy this then enjoy.


I was there for the 60's, with the dogs, water hosing, beatings, blocking children from schools, the assassinations of MLK jr and Medgar Evers, the murder of four freedom riders, Jim Crow laws and so on. To see these young people accepted and celebrated so openly, led by one Christian that has dedicated his life to rescuing and giving a future to those sweet souls that may have been lost to poverty and despair, is overwhelming a great joy to behold. And somehow you found the joy they brought to this act, lives saved from ruin, was simply "jumping up and down like a bunch of scared jack rabbits on stage," is shocking to me.

The drastic difference between all that hate and ugliness and now brings me to tears.

| Reply
Feb 10, 2020 21:26:06   #
rumitoid
 
BigMike wrote:
This is good African music. These guys are good. They lyrics are classy and simple and they play their instruments well. Very bluesy.

TALYAT (GIRL)
If I see a light-skinned girl
With blossoming face
Coming out of her tent,
Dressed in a robe I know well,
My soul will want to talk to her.
And I will want to go to her.
With heart sincere, she will not hide from me
Anything that her eyes have seen.
Friends, companions,
Love can make you sick.
Only love can make you suffer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PItnw3Z7WgY&t=85s
This is good African music. These guys are good. T... (show quote)


Wow: "Only love can make you suffer." Beautiful! I would suggest that any other suffering is pride. Did not think that through, however.

| Reply
Feb 10, 2020 21:28:12   #
rumitoid
 
Iliamna1 wrote:
Lighten up. My personal preference runs toward country-western music and classical. However, having said that, these kids are pretty good. Do yo have any idea if how much rehearsal time it took to get them to be jumping around in synch while singing?? Although they're all wearing essentially the same outfit, do you realize the time, measuring and expense they went through in preparation for this event? I wouldn't mind seeing more ethnic groups like this, singing their own brand of songs.


Amen, Iliamna, everything about this performance is beyond words. A God blessing of joy.

| Reply
Feb 10, 2020 21:49:11   #
rumitoid
 
bahmer wrote:
I still don't understand nor appreciate African art nor African music and the need to be jumping up and down like a bunch of scared jack rabbits on stage. But to each his own and if you enjoy this then enjoy.


Bahmer, I don't think you gave this group your full attention. Just my opinion.

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.