One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
What Does "Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged" Mean in the Bible?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
Jan 15, 2020 20:27:15   #
rumitoid
 
I have shared numerous times in threads what I believe about Christ. Most Christians here judge me as not knowing Jesus or Christ in those comments. There are two things wrong with their responses, though I feel their comments were said with the best intentions of the faith.

1) They are not judging my actions, which is proper and even necessary to live in the communities of Christ believers--yet has to be done with love and not the hate some seem to exhibit--but my heart, which only God can judge according to the Bible. Try Rom. 2.1-11, Feb. 13, 2011. And Read this if you are actually interested: https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/only-god-can-judge-me-bible-verses/

2) We aren’t to judge believers who practice their faith in ways different than us. We may decide someone is spiritually immature because they don’t pray, dress, or practice faith in the way we do. Maybe you don’t like the Scripture tattoo she wears on her ankle or that he won’t pray aloud in groups.

Paul wrote, “You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat… So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister” (Romans 14:10, 12, 13).
Still more if you are interested: https://www.sermonaudio.com/new_details3.asp?ID=49897

https://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-akin/what-did-jesus-mean-when-he-said-not-to-judge-others-10-things-to-know-and

Below: https://askgramps.org/what-does-judge-not-that-ye-be-not-judged-mean/

Our culture uses Matthew 7:1 “Judge not lest ye be judged” to promote a tolerance that often encourages acceptance of behaviors the Bible forbids. We know that wasn’t Jesus’ intention. So, what did Jesus mean when He told us not to judge?

To judge means: to separate, to pick out, select, choose. By implication, it means to condemn, punish—avenge, conclude. It also carries the idea of having discernment. The passage where Jesus said, “Do not judge, or you too will be judged” (Matthew 7:1) goes on to show us how to have discernment. Love is the proper motivation for not judging and for using good judgment.

The Bible says we can’t judge what is in someone’s heart. We may assign bad motives to someone who ignores us when, in reality, he is fighting hidden battles. He may have just learned his spouse is unfaithful or his child has leukemia—or both. Or we may project good motives on someone in order to avoid conflict.

To judge another person shows pride. Only God knows what is in a person’s heart and the effort it takes to function where they are. We may assume the late mom is irresponsible. But she may be a single mother working two jobs and tending a special needs child.

A conference speaker said he misjudged a man who sat on the front row and slept through most of his lectures. Obviously, this man lacked spiritual interest. That assessment flipped 180 degrees when the man’s wife told him her husband was very ill and heavily medicated. He’d begged his doctor for permission to come that weekend to hear his favorite speaker.

“Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly” (John 7:24).

We aren’t to judge believers who practice their faith in ways different than us. We may decide someone is spiritually immature because they don’t pray, dress, or practice faith in the way we do. Maybe you don’t like the Scripture tattoo she wears on her ankle or that he won’t pray aloud in groups.

Paul wrote, “You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat… So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister” (Romans 14:10, 12, 13).

When we stand before God, He won’t ask us why our friend or family member did what they did. He will ask us to give an account of ourselves. To manage ourselves is a full-time job. The Holy Spirit doesn’t need us to do His job.

We don’t judge or take vengeance on our enemies. “Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: ‘It is mine to avenge; I will repay,’says the Lord” (Romans 12:19).

God is the only one who knows the best way to deal with someone. We might be too harsh or too lax. If I judge them by carrying out vengeance God will deal with me. Do I want God to discipline me or them? We are not to judge or discriminate for or against people based on their race, gender, wealth, or status (James 2:2-9; 4:11-12; 5:9).

“Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly” (Leviticus 19:15).

| Reply
Jan 15, 2020 21:14:16   #
Fodaoson Loc: South Texas
 
rumitoid wrote:
I have shared numerous times in threads what I believe about Christ. Most Christians here judge me as not knowing Jesus or Christ in those comments. There are two things wrong with their responses, though I feel their comments were said with the best intentions of the faith.

1) They are not judging my actions, which is proper and even necessary to live in the communities of Christ believers--yet has to be done with love and not the hate some seem to exhibit--but my heart, which only God can judge according to the Bible. Try Rom. 2.1-11, Feb. 13, 2011. And Read this if you are actually interested: https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/only-god-can-judge-me-bible-verses/

2) We aren’t to judge believers who practice their faith in ways different than us. We may decide someone is spiritually immature because they don’t pray, dress, or practice faith in the way we do. Maybe you don’t like the Scripture tattoo she wears on her ankle or that he won’t pray aloud in groups.

Paul wrote, “You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat… So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister” (Romans 14:10, 12, 13).
Still more if you are interested: https://www.sermonaudio.com/new_details3.asp?ID=49897

https://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-akin/what-did-jesus-mean-when-he-said-not-to-judge-others-10-things-to-know-and

Below: https://askgramps.org/what-does-judge-not-that-ye-be-not-judged-mean/

Our culture uses Matthew 7:1 “Judge not lest ye be judged” to promote a tolerance that often encourages acceptance of behaviors the Bible forbids. We know that wasn’t Jesus’ intention. So, what did Jesus mean when He told us not to judge?

To judge means: to separate, to pick out, select, choose. By implication, it means to condemn, punish—avenge, conclude. It also carries the idea of having discernment. The passage where Jesus said, “Do not judge, or you too will be judged” (Matthew 7:1) goes on to show us how to have discernment. Love is the proper motivation for not judging and for using good judgment.

The Bible says we can’t judge what is in someone’s heart. We may assign bad motives to someone who ignores us when, in reality, he is fighting hidden battles. He may have just learned his spouse is unfaithful or his child has leukemia—or both. Or we may project good motives on someone in order to avoid conflict.

To judge another person shows pride. Only God knows what is in a person’s heart and the effort it takes to function where they are. We may assume the late mom is irresponsible. But she may be a single mother working two jobs and tending a special needs child.

A conference speaker said he misjudged a man who sat on the front row and slept through most of his lectures. Obviously, this man lacked spiritual interest. That assessment flipped 180 degrees when the man’s wife told him her husband was very ill and heavily medicated. He’d begged his doctor for permission to come that weekend to hear his favorite speaker.

“Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly” (John 7:24).

We aren’t to judge believers who practice their faith in ways different than us. We may decide someone is spiritually immature because they don’t pray, dress, or practice faith in the way we do. Maybe you don’t like the Scripture tattoo she wears on her ankle or that he won’t pray aloud in groups.

Paul wrote, “You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat… So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister” (Romans 14:10, 12, 13).

When we stand before God, He won’t ask us why our friend or family member did what they did. He will ask us to give an account of ourselves. To manage ourselves is a full-time job. The Holy Spirit doesn’t need us to do His job.

We don’t judge or take vengeance on our enemies. “Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: ‘It is mine to avenge; I will repay,’says the Lord” (Romans 12:19).

God is the only one who knows the best way to deal with someone. We might be too harsh or too lax. If I judge them by carrying out vengeance God will deal with me. Do I want God to discipline me or them? We are not to judge or discriminate for or against people based on their race, gender, wealth, or status (James 2:2-9; 4:11-12; 5:9).

“Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly” (Leviticus 19:15).
I have shared numerous times in threads what I bel... (show quote)


You answered your question in scripture. Put aside your ideas of judgement and read the scripture references. Read the scripture for what they say not what you want them to say. Read out the meaning do not read a meaning into the scripture.

| Reply
Jan 16, 2020 01:02:54   #
rumitoid
 
Fodaoson wrote:
You answered your question in scripture. Put aside your ideas of judgement and read the scripture references. Read the scripture for what they say not what you want them to say. Read out the meaning do not read a meaning into the scripture.


Good advice, thank you.

| Reply
Jan 16, 2020 07:06:19   #
Rose42
 
rumitoid wrote:
I have shared numerous times in threads what I believe about Christ. Most Christians here judge me as not knowing Jesus or Christ in those comments. There are two things wrong with their responses, though I feel their comments were said with the best intentions of the faith.

1) They are not judging my actions, which is proper and even necessary to live in the communities of Christ believers--yet has to be done with love and not the hate some seem to exhibit--but my heart, which only God can judge according to the Bible. Try Rom. 2.1-11, Feb. 13, 2011. And Read this if you are actually interested: https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/only-god-can-judge-me-bible-verses/

2) We aren’t to judge believers who practice their faith in ways different than us. We may decide someone is spiritually immature because they don’t pray, dress, or practice faith in the way we do. Maybe you don’t like the Scripture tattoo she wears on her ankle or that he won’t pray aloud in groups.

Paul wrote, “You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat… So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister” (Romans 14:10, 12, 13).
Still more if you are interested: https://www.sermonaudio.com/new_details3.asp?ID=49897

https://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-akin/what-did-jesus-mean-when-he-said-not-to-judge-others-10-things-to-know-and

Below: https://askgramps.org/what-does-judge-not-that-ye-be-not-judged-mean/

Our culture uses Matthew 7:1 “Judge not lest ye be judged” to promote a tolerance that often encourages acceptance of behaviors the Bible forbids. We know that wasn’t Jesus’ intention. So, what did Jesus mean when He told us not to judge?

To judge means: to separate, to pick out, select, choose. By implication, it means to condemn, punish—avenge, conclude. It also carries the idea of having discernment. The passage where Jesus said, “Do not judge, or you too will be judged” (Matthew 7:1) goes on to show us how to have discernment. Love is the proper motivation for not judging and for using good judgment.

The Bible says we can’t judge what is in someone’s heart. We may assign bad motives to someone who ignores us when, in reality, he is fighting hidden battles. He may have just learned his spouse is unfaithful or his child has leukemia—or both. Or we may project good motives on someone in order to avoid conflict.

To judge another person shows pride. Only God knows what is in a person’s heart and the effort it takes to function where they are. We may assume the late mom is irresponsible. But she may be a single mother working two jobs and tending a special needs child.

A conference speaker said he misjudged a man who sat on the front row and slept through most of his lectures. Obviously, this man lacked spiritual interest. That assessment flipped 180 degrees when the man’s wife told him her husband was very ill and heavily medicated. He’d begged his doctor for permission to come that weekend to hear his favorite speaker.

“Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly” (John 7:24).

We aren’t to judge believers who practice their faith in ways different than us. We may decide someone is spiritually immature because they don’t pray, dress, or practice faith in the way we do. Maybe you don’t like the Scripture tattoo she wears on her ankle or that he won’t pray aloud in groups.

Paul wrote, “You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat… So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister” (Romans 14:10, 12, 13).

When we stand before God, He won’t ask us why our friend or family member did what they did. He will ask us to give an account of ourselves. To manage ourselves is a full-time job. The Holy Spirit doesn’t need us to do His job.

We don’t judge or take vengeance on our enemies. “Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: ‘It is mine to avenge; I will repay,’says the Lord” (Romans 12:19).

God is the only one who knows the best way to deal with someone. We might be too harsh or too lax. If I judge them by carrying out vengeance God will deal with me. Do I want God to discipline me or them? We are not to judge or discriminate for or against people based on their race, gender, wealth, or status (James 2:2-9; 4:11-12; 5:9).

“Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly” (Leviticus 19:15).
I have shared numerous times in threads what I bel... (show quote)


You are being convicted.

You need to stop your self pity parties and get your nose in the word. There is a lot more to judging that you omit because you want to justify what you do with God’s word.

And the guy on askgramps is a Mormon. Mormons aren’t Christians. Search for truth instead of justification.

| Reply
Jan 16, 2020 20:43:30   #
rumitoid
 
Fodaoson wrote:
You answered your question in scripture. Put aside your ideas of judgement and read the scripture references. Read the scripture for what they say not what you want them to say. Read out the meaning do not read a meaning into the scripture.


Funny. Instead of just, well, judging what I said and criticizing, tell me where I missed the meaning.

| Reply
Jan 16, 2020 20:46:18   #
rumitoid
 
Rose42 wrote:
You are being convicted.

You need to stop your self pity parties and get your nose in the word. There is a lot more to judging that you omit because you want to justify what you do with God’s word.

And the guy on askgramps is a Mormon. Mormons aren’t Christians. Search for truth instead of justification.


Rose, you continually judge a person's heart; that is not up to you. I do appreciate you instruct me to get my "nose in the word," but it never left. Just saying.

| Reply
Jan 16, 2020 21:05:22   #
Rose42
 
rumitoid wrote:
Rose, you continually judge a person's heart; that is not up to you. I do appreciate you instruct me to get my "nose in the word," but it never left. Just saying.


No, I go by the words written.

Your nose may be in it as you claim but you write as a natural man not one who is led by the Spirit. You have made numerous false claims
about the bible.

| Reply
Jan 16, 2020 21:35:55   #
rumitoid
 
Rose42 wrote:
No, I go by the words written.

Your nose may be in it as you claim but you write as a natural man not one who is led by the Spirit. You have made numerous false claims
about the bible.


Then treat me with love as milk-fed, immature, not condemning. But I feel that I have a far greater understanding than you of scripture, by far, yet would never challenging your faith--never say that you do not know Christ. Have I ever challenged your faith? Judged you for not being faithful to Christ?

| Reply
Jan 16, 2020 21:49:22   #
rumitoid
 
rumitoid wrote:
Rose, you continually judge a person's heart; that is not up to you. I do appreciate you instruct me to get my "nose in the word," but it never left. Just saying.
Educate and rebuke me with respect, love, and kindness.

| Reply
Jan 16, 2020 22:52:16   #
TexaCan Loc: Heart in W Texas - feet on the beach in Al.
 
rumitoid wrote:
I have shared numerous times in threads what I believe about Christ. Most Christians here judge me as not knowing Jesus or Christ in those comments. There are two things wrong with their responses, though I feel their comments were said with the best intentions of the faith.

1) They are not judging my actions, which is proper and even necessary to live in the communities of Christ believers--yet has to be done with love and not the hate some seem to exhibit--but my heart, which only God can judge according to the Bible. Try Rom. 2.1-11, Feb. 13, 2011. And Read this if you are actually interested: https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/only-god-can-judge-me-bible-verses/

2) We aren’t to judge believers who practice their faith in ways different than us. We may decide someone is spiritually immature because they don’t pray, dress, or practice faith in the way we do. Maybe you don’t like the Scripture tattoo she wears on her ankle or that he won’t pray aloud in groups.

Paul wrote, “You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat… So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister” (Romans 14:10, 12, 13).
Still more if you are interested: https://www.sermonaudio.com/new_details3.asp?ID=49897

https://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-akin/what-did-jesus-mean-when-he-said-not-to-judge-others-10-things-to-know-and

Below: https://askgramps.org/what-does-judge-not-that-ye-be-not-judged-mean/

Our culture uses Matthew 7:1 “Judge not lest ye be judged” to promote a tolerance that often encourages acceptance of behaviors the Bible forbids. We know that wasn’t Jesus’ intention. So, what did Jesus mean when He told us not to judge?

To judge means: to separate, to pick out, select, choose. By implication, it means to condemn, punish—avenge, conclude. It also carries the idea of having discernment. The passage where Jesus said, “Do not judge, or you too will be judged” (Matthew 7:1) goes on to show us how to have discernment. Love is the proper motivation for not judging and for using good judgment.

The Bible says we can’t judge what is in someone’s heart. We may assign bad motives to someone who ignores us when, in reality, he is fighting hidden battles. He may have just learned his spouse is unfaithful or his child has leukemia—or both. Or we may project good motives on someone in order to avoid conflict.

To judge another person shows pride. Only God knows what is in a person’s heart and the effort it takes to function where they are. We may assume the late mom is irresponsible. But she may be a single mother working two jobs and tending a special needs child.

A conference speaker said he misjudged a man who sat on the front row and slept through most of his lectures. Obviously, this man lacked spiritual interest. That assessment flipped 180 degrees when the man’s wife told him her husband was very ill and heavily medicated. He’d begged his doctor for permission to come that weekend to hear his favorite speaker.

“Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly” (John 7:24).

We aren’t to judge believers who practice their faith in ways different than us. We may decide someone is spiritually immature because they don’t pray, dress, or practice faith in the way we do. Maybe you don’t like the Scripture tattoo she wears on her ankle or that he won’t pray aloud in groups.

Paul wrote, “You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat… So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister” (Romans 14:10, 12, 13).

When we stand before God, He won’t ask us why our friend or family member did what they did. He will ask us to give an account of ourselves. To manage ourselves is a full-time job. The Holy Spirit doesn’t need us to do His job.

We don’t judge or take vengeance on our enemies. “Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: ‘It is mine to avenge; I will repay,’says the Lord” (Romans 12:19).

God is the only one who knows the best way to deal with someone. We might be too harsh or too lax. If I judge them by carrying out vengeance God will deal with me. Do I want God to discipline me or them? We are not to judge or discriminate for or against people based on their race, gender, wealth, or status (James 2:2-9; 4:11-12; 5:9).

“Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly” (Leviticus 19:15).
I have shared numerous times in threads what I bel... (show quote)


https://carm.org/you-will-know-them-by-their-fruit

You’re right! We can’t see into a person’s heart, so we are taught to judge them by their fruits.

| Reply
Jan 17, 2020 06:48:26   #
Rose42
 
rumitoid wrote:
Then treat me with love as milk-fed, immature, not condemning. But I feel that I have a far greater understanding than you of scripture, by far, yet would never challenging your faith--never say that you do not know Christ. Have I ever challenged your faith? Judged you for not being faithful to Christ?


I don’t care if you challenge me nor would that bother me.

If you have such a superior understanding of scripture then why do you make up your own doctrine and ignore basic truths? Why mock the word which you have done numerous times? You need to ask yourself why.

| Reply
Jan 17, 2020 18:52:46   #
rumitoid
 
TexaCan wrote:
https://carm.org/you-will-know-them-by-their-fruit

You’re right! We can’t see into a person’s heart, so we are taught to judge them by their fruits.


Exactly. And no ammo there, lol.

| Reply
Jan 17, 2020 18:58:24   #
rumitoid
 
Rose42 wrote:
I don’t care if you challenge me nor would that bother me.

If you have such a superior understanding of scripture then why do you make up your own doctrine and ignore basic truths? Why mock the word which you have done numerous times? You need to ask yourself why.


I do not mock The Word, I stand against popular and pedestrian scripture that is shallow and baseless. What I write is not what pastors and preachers would frame grounded as they are in the shallow understanding of Christ that brings donations. Almost like the physicians code: Do no harm...to their pockets.

They are people that will defend to the death that Jesus was born on 12/25.

| Reply
Jan 17, 2020 20:11:54   #
Rose42
 
rumitoid wrote:
I do not mock The Word, I stand against popular and pedestrian scripture that is shallow and baseless. What I write is not what pastors and preachers would frame grounded as they are in the shallow understanding of Christ that brings donations. Almost like the physicians code: Do no harm...to their pockets.


Much of what you write is simply wrong biblically. Not all pastors are as you describe either.

You stand for what you want scripture to mean. Scripture is scripture and stands on its own merits despite the whims of man.

Quote:
They are people that will defend to the death that Jesus was born on 12/25.


I know of no Christians that believe that.

| Reply
Jan 17, 2020 22:13:25   #
rumitoid
 
Rose42 wrote:
I know of no Christians that believe that.


Tired. Get out more.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.