One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Why should we care or make room for multi-culturism?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 next>>
Jan 9, 2020 23:31:45   #
rumitoid
 
Diversity is great and exciting, yet it is also destructive and intolerant. I am not asking for lock-step in this thread but uber reason to overcome the natural biases and restrictions. Firm Guidelines need to be established. We need to get conscious about and proactive about the world's various cultures, separate the wheat from the chaff. Stop kowtowing to pleas of ethnic background.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2020 00:04:35   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
rumitoid wrote:
Diversity is great and exciting, yet it is also destructive and intolerant. I am not asking for lock-step in this thread but uber reason to overcome the natural biases and restrictions. Firm Guidelines need to be established. We need to get conscious about and proactive about the world's various cultures, separate the wheat from the chaff. Stop kowtowing to pleas of ethnic background.


What are you talking about?
People are people.
Some good,some bad.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2020 00:06:30   #
rumitoid
 
archie bunker wrote:
What are you talking about?
People are people.
Some good,some bad.


Of course. But tell the GOP that basic info and you will get a fight.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2020 00:08:58   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
rumitoid wrote:
Of course. But tell the GOP that basic info and you will get a fight.


I doubt it.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2020 00:13:29   #
Weasel Loc: In the Great State Of Indiana!!
 
rumitoid wrote:
Diversity is great and exciting, yet it is also destructive and intolerant. I am not asking for lock-step in this thread but uber reason to overcome the natural biases and restrictions. Firm Guidelines need to be established. We need to get conscious about and proactive about the world's various cultures, separate the wheat from the chaff. Stop kowtowing to pleas of ethnic background.


Great topic. First question. Today's topic on NPR was the countries using the kill switch on Internet websites to censor the world's cultures and restrict contact.
2nd question. Do you think a global community is really feasible? Refer to Q. 1

| Reply
Jan 10, 2020 00:20:16   #
Weasel Loc: In the Great State Of Indiana!!
 
archie bunker wrote:
What are you talking about?
People are people.
Some good,some bad.


You are going to have to do alot better than that to get a conversation started.
I'm loosing interest already.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2020 00:22:22   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
Weasel wrote:
You are going to have to do alot better than that to get a conversation started.
I'm loosing interest already.


A shot in the dark.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2020 00:24:32   #
Weasel Loc: In the Great State Of Indiana!!
 
archie bunker wrote:
A shot in the dark.


Which came first? The chicken or the egg?

| Reply
Jan 10, 2020 00:28:28   #
JW
 
rumitoid wrote:
Diversity is great and exciting, yet it is also destructive and intolerant. I am not asking for lock-step in this thread but uber reason to overcome the natural biases and restrictions. Firm Guidelines need to be established. We need to get conscious about and proactive about the world's various cultures, separate the wheat from the chaff. Stop kowtowing to pleas of ethnic background.


As I said before, if you think diversity is feasible, introduce a mistress to your wife and see how that works out.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2020 00:32:18   #
Weasel Loc: In the Great State Of Indiana!!
 
JW wrote:
As I said before, if you think diversity is feasible, introduce a mistress to your wife and see how that works out.


Can we try to stay on track here?

| Reply
Jan 10, 2020 00:40:47   #
JW
 
Weasel wrote:
Can we try to stay on track here?


What is the difference? Diversity is diversity. I'm just putting it in terms most of us can understand.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2020 00:46:14   #
dtucker300 Loc: Vista, CA
 
JW wrote:
What is the difference? Diversity is diversity. I'm just putting it in terms most of us can understand.


Diversity of thought or diversity of looks? Democrats have become so entrenched into identity politics that diversity to them means everyone looks different, but if you think different you get thrown off the reservation (or is it the plantation?).

| Reply
Jan 10, 2020 00:57:55   #
Weasel Loc: In the Great State Of Indiana!!
 
dtucker300 wrote:
Diversity of thought or diversity of looks? Democrats have become so entrenched into identity politics that diversity to them means everyone looks different, but if you think different you get thrown off the reservation (or is it the plantation?).


Agreed. And since you brought up diversity of looks/. It has been scientifically proven that the egg came first. Through a mutation in evolutionary development, 2 creatures created an offspring that resembled neither parent and became what we call a chicken today.
The sad thing is that it also became part of the food chain for its parent species.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2020 00:58:42   #
JW
 
dtucker300 wrote:
Diversity of thought or diversity of looks? Democrats have become so entrenched into identity politics that diversity to them means everyone looks different, but if you think different you get thrown off the reservation (or is it the plantation?).


I'm 73 years old. The saddest thing in life that I have learned, and I have experienced a lot, is that honesty and truth depend entirely on which side one stands. Hate is wrong but it's OK to hate the haters... and, of course, each side can define its own haters.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2020 01:02:01   #
Weasel Loc: In the Great State Of Indiana!!
 
JW wrote:
I'm 73 years old. The saddest thing in life that I have learned, and I have experienced a lot, is that honesty and truth depend entirely on which side one stands. Hate is wrong but it's OK to hate the haters... and, of course, each side can define its own haters.


I also know that diversity and a Global Community will never work in a world of 195 countries.
No Country has ever gone out of their way to help us, and they never will!
So don't think for one minute that we should get into a game where the deck is stacked against us.
IT JUST AIN'T GONNA WORK

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.