One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
One Hundred Vocies of God
Dec 28, 2019 21:03:23   #
| Reply
Dec 29, 2019 05:13:26   #
Zemirah Loc: Sojourner En Route...
 
Absolutely exhilarating, rumi!

Awesome display of worship and praise!


rumitoid wrote:

| Reply
Dec 29, 2019 12:12:42   #
rumitoid
 
Zemirah wrote:
Absolutely exhilarating, rumi!

Awesome display of worship and praise!


Yes. Truly wonderful. Inspiring.

| Reply
Dec 29, 2019 15:23:43   #
padremike Loc: Phenix City, Al
 
rumitoid wrote:


While I favor more traditional worship music and while I favor worship in Church over entertainment, there is no denying clapping your hands together here in a joyful celebration. And did you see the effect it had on the gathered crowd? Holy moly. I have watched the movie "Sister's Act" several times just to hear those kids sing the winning song. It moves even an olde phart, not one of the frozen chosen, such as I am.

| Reply
Dec 29, 2019 15:26:32   #
rumitoid
 
padremike wrote:
While I favor more traditional worship music and while I favor worship in Church over entertainment, there is no denying clapping your hands together here in a joyful celebration. And did you see the effect it had on the gathered crowd? Holy moly. I have watched the movie "Sister's Act" several times just to hear those kids sing the winning song. It moves even an olde phart, not one of the frozen chosen, such as I am.


Wow, I listen to "Sister's Act" for the same reason and many times.

| Reply
Dec 29, 2019 16:12:04   #
padremike Loc: Phenix City, Al
 
rumitoid wrote:
Wow, I listen to "Sister's Act" for the same reason and many times.


Does your heart swell and a tear comes to your eyes too?

| Reply
Dec 29, 2019 16:22:53   #
rumitoid
 
padremike wrote:
Does your heart swell and a tear comes to your eyes too?


Of course. Fills me.

| Reply
Dec 29, 2019 16:32:16   #
padremike Loc: Phenix City, Al
 
rumitoid wrote:
Of course. Fills me.


"Oh Happy Day."

| Reply
Dec 29, 2019 16:38:08   #
rumitoid
 
padremike wrote:
"Oh Happy Day."


Yes, yes, yes.

| Reply
Dec 30, 2019 02:25:56   #
Zemirah Loc: Sojourner En Route...
 
Inside the regular weekly worship services at a local church, I would not choose to hear this music, as it falls more on the side of entertainment, and although it is intended to glorify God, it is not what I would identify as "sacred" music.

There seems to be a fine line beyond which no one should transgress.

"Walk prudently when you go to the house of God; and draw near to hear rather than to give the sacrifice of fools, for they do not know that they do evil." (Ecclesiastes 5:1)

“Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted over the earth.” (Psalm 46:10)

Perhaps, it is a generational thing, but neither would I want a rock band on the podium.

A pipe organ, or just a piano will suffice, accompanying traditional hymns by a choir, and allowing the congregation also to sing well known songs of worship.



padremike wrote:
While I favor more traditional worship music and while I favor worship in Church over entertainment, there is no denying clapping your hands together here in a joyful celebration. And did you see the effect it had on the gathered crowd? Holy moly. I have watched the movie "Sister's Act" several times just to hear those kids sing the winning song. It moves even an olde phart, not one of the frozen chosen, such as I am.

| Reply
Dec 30, 2019 19:55:38   #
rumitoid
 
Zemirah wrote:
Inside the regular weekly worship services at a local church, I would not choose to hear this music, as it falls more on the side of entertainment, and although it is intended to glorify God, it is not what I would identify as "sacred" music.

There seems to be a fine line beyond which no one should transgress.

"Walk prudently when you go to the house of God; and draw near to hear rather than to give the sacrifice of fools, for they do not know that they do evil." (Ecclesiastes 5:1)

“Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted over the earth.” (Psalm 46:10)

Perhaps, it is a generational thing, but neither would I want a rock band on the podium.

A pipe organ, or just a piano will suffice, accompanying traditional hymns by a choir, and allowing the congregation also to sing well known songs of worship.
Inside the regular weekly worship services at a lo... (show quote)


Joy on earth is Christ's message to me. This is how we make a clear distinction between the worldly and God, and our absurd love for all. You have to know that most of that audience was not here or there with God. Such joy and humanity as they showed was a tremendous demonstration of Christ. My opinion.

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.