One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
The intergrity of our orange in chief and the gullable who love him.
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next>>
Dec 2, 2019 19:57:35   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
As a Businessman, Trump Was the Biggest Loser of All

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/as-a-businessman-trump-was-the-biggest-loser-of-all?fbclid=IwAR2jocxUFX_GGpNta7c74iOMZG7GFSc5jV989emmMiq4tfVw2A_ZI_u3vR4

ast October, the New York Times published a monumental exposé of how Donald Trump and other members of the Trump family engaged in sham financial schemes during the nineteen-nineties, including what the newspaper described as “instances of outright fraud,” to avoid paying hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes on the real-estate fortune that Fred Trump passed on to his children. Last month, the three reporters who wrote the story—David Barstow, Susanne Craig, and Russ Buettner—were awarded the Pulitzer Prize in explanatory reporting.

On Tuesday evening, the Times dropped another story that delved into the President’s financial past. Written by Buettner and Craig, and based upon “printouts from Mr. Trump’s official Internal Revenue Service transcripts” that the reporters obtained, the story further undermined the assiduously promoted fiction that Trump, before he became a reality-television star and entered politics, was a highly successful self-made businessman. He was anything but.

Between 1985 and 1994, the Times story says, Trump’s core businesses lost money every single year, and the accumulated losses came to more than a billion dollars. “In fact, year after year, Mr. Trump appears to have lost more money than nearly any other individual American taxpayer, the Times found when it compared his results with detailed information the I.R.S. compiles on an annual sampling of high-income earners,” Buettner and Craig write. “His core business losses in 1990 and 1991—more than $250 million each year—were more than double those of the nearest taxpayers in the I.R.S. information for those years.”

In case you didn’t take all that in, here is a quick recap: when Trump was portraying himself as a newly minted billionaire and financial genius, his core businesses were losing money hand over fist. Assuming the Times reporters’ analysis of the I.R.S. data on high earners is accurate—and there is no apparent reason to doubt it—he was the biggest loser in the country for two years in a row.

MORE FROM

| Reply
Dec 2, 2019 20:30:57   #
Hug
 
permafrost wrote:
As a Businessman, Trump Was the Biggest Loser of All

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/as-a-businessman-trump-was-the-biggest-loser-of-all?fbclid=IwAR2jocxUFX_GGpNta7c74iOMZG7GFSc5jV989emmMiq4tfVw2A_ZI_u3vR4

ast October, the New York Times published a monumental exposé of how Donald Trump and other members of the Trump family engaged in sham financial schemes during the nineteen-nineties, including what the newspaper described as “instances of outright fraud,” to avoid paying hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes on the real-estate fortune that Fred Trump passed on to his children. Last month, the three reporters who wrote the story—David Barstow, Susanne Craig, and Russ Buettner—were awarded the Pulitzer Prize in explanatory reporting.

On Tuesday evening, the Times dropped another story that delved into the President’s financial past. Written by Buettner and Craig, and based upon “printouts from Mr. Trump’s official Internal Revenue Service transcripts” that the reporters obtained, the story further undermined the assiduously promoted fiction that Trump, before he became a reality-television star and entered politics, was a highly successful self-made businessman. He was anything but.

Between 1985 and 1994, the Times story says, Trump’s core businesses lost money every single year, and the accumulated losses came to more than a billion dollars. “In fact, year after year, Mr. Trump appears to have lost more money than nearly any other individual American taxpayer, the Times found when it compared his results with detailed information the I.R.S. compiles on an annual sampling of high-income earners,” Buettner and Craig write. “His core business losses in 1990 and 1991—more than $250 million each year—were more than double those of the nearest taxpayers in the I.R.S. information for those years.”

In case you didn’t take all that in, here is a quick recap: when Trump was portraying himself as a newly minted billionaire and financial genius, his core businesses were losing money hand over fist. Assuming the Times reporters’ analysis of the I.R.S. data on high earners is accurate—and there is no apparent reason to doubt it—he was the biggest loser in the country for two years in a row.

MORE FROM
As a Businessman, Trump Was the Biggest Loser of A... (show quote)


New York Times, what a great source. No wonder you are always lost in the weeds.

| Reply
Dec 2, 2019 20:48:44   #
Liberty Tree
 
Hug wrote:
New York Times, what a great source. No wonder you are always lost in the weeds.


He reads nothing but leftwing propaganda and spin.

| Reply
Dec 2, 2019 22:08:41   #
Louis
 
permafrost wrote:
As a Businessman, Trump Was the Biggest Loser of All

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/as-a-businessman-trump-was-the-biggest-loser-of-all?fbclid=IwAR2jocxUFX_GGpNta7c74iOMZG7GFSc5jV989emmMiq4tfVw2A_ZI_u3vR4

ast October, the New York Times published a monumental exposé of how Donald Trump and other members of the Trump family engaged in sham financial schemes during the nineteen-nineties, including what the newspaper described as “instances of outright fraud,” to avoid paying hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes on the real-estate fortune that Fred Trump passed on to his children. Last month, the three reporters who wrote the story—David Barstow, Susanne Craig, and Russ Buettner—were awarded the Pulitzer Prize in explanatory reporting.

On Tuesday evening, the Times dropped another story that delved into the President’s financial past. Written by Buettner and Craig, and based upon “printouts from Mr. Trump’s official Internal Revenue Service transcripts” that the reporters obtained, the story further undermined the assiduously promoted fiction that Trump, before he became a reality-television star and entered politics, was a highly successful self-made businessman. He was anything but.

Between 1985 and 1994, the Times story says, Trump’s core businesses lost money every single year, and the accumulated losses came to more than a billion dollars. “In fact, year after year, Mr. Trump appears to have lost more money than nearly any other individual American taxpayer, the Times found when it compared his results with detailed information the I.R.S. compiles on an annual sampling of high-income earners,” Buettner and Craig write. “His core business losses in 1990 and 1991—more than $250 million each year—were more than double those of the nearest taxpayers in the I.R.S. information for those years.”

In case you didn’t take all that in, here is a quick recap: when Trump was portraying himself as a newly minted billionaire and financial genius, his core businesses were losing money hand over fist. Assuming the Times reporters’ analysis of the I.R.S. data on high earners is accurate—and there is no apparent reason to doubt it—he was the biggest loser in the country for two years in a row.

MORE FROM
As a Businessman, Trump Was the Biggest Loser of A... (show quote)




The man didn’t get to be a billionaire ten times over by being the worst business man ever, are you kidding?
He didn’t get to be President of the United States by being stupid like you portray him. He got to that level by being a shrewd business person. He turned a economy that was just barely chugging along into the best economy in the last sixty years, for everyone, not just a few like the democrats would have you believe.

If you believe otherwise your walking around with your mind closed. In eight years of Obama my business had an increase of 17%. In three years of Trump, my business has increased 44%. That says enough for me.

| Reply
Dec 2, 2019 23:28:33   #
JFlorio Loc: Seminole Florida
 
Perm has his mind in his head. Unfortunately he keeps his head where the sun don’t shine.
Louis wrote:
The man didn’t get to be a billionaire ten times over by being the worst business man ever, are you kidding?
He didn’t get to be President of the United States by being stupid like you portray him. He got to that level by being a shrewd business person. He turned a economy that was just barely chugging along into the best economy in the last sixty years, for everyone, not just a few like the democrats would have you believe.

If you believe otherwise your walking around with your mind closed. In eight years of Obama my business had an increase of 17%. In three years of Trump, my business has increased 44%. That says enough for me.
The man didn’t get to be a billionaire ten times o... (show quote)

| Reply
Dec 2, 2019 23:50:05   #
Cadillac
 
permafrost wrote:
As a Businessman, Trump Was the Biggest Loser of All

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/as-a-businessman-trump-was-the-biggest-loser-of-all?fbclid=IwAR2jocxUFX_GGpNta7c74iOMZG7GFSc5jV989emmMiq4tfVw2A_ZI_u3vR4

ast October, the New York Times published a monumental exposé of how Donald Trump and other members of the Trump family engaged in sham financial schemes during the nineteen-nineties, including what the newspaper described as “instances of outright fraud,” to avoid paying hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes on the real-estate fortune that Fred Trump passed on to his children. Last month, the three reporters who wrote the story—David Barstow, Susanne Craig, and Russ Buettner—were awarded the Pulitzer Prize in explanatory reporting.

On Tuesday evening, the Times dropped another story that delved into the President’s financial past. Written by Buettner and Craig, and based upon “printouts from Mr. Trump’s official Internal Revenue Service transcripts” that the reporters obtained, the story further undermined the assiduously promoted fiction that Trump, before he became a reality-television star and entered politics, was a highly successful self-made businessman. He was anything but.

Between 1985 and 1994, the Times story says, Trump’s core businesses lost money every single year, and the accumulated losses came to more than a billion dollars. “In fact, year after year, Mr. Trump appears to have lost more money than nearly any other individual American taxpayer, the Times found when it compared his results with detailed information the I.R.S. compiles on an annual sampling of high-income earners,” Buettner and Craig write. “His core business losses in 1990 and 1991—more than $250 million each year—were more than double those of the nearest taxpayers in the I.R.S. information for those years.”

In case you didn’t take all that in, here is a quick recap: when Trump was portraying himself as a newly minted billionaire and financial genius, his core businesses were losing money hand over fist. Assuming the Times reporters’ analysis of the I.R.S. data on high earners is accurate—and there is no apparent reason to doubt it—he was the biggest loser in the country for two years in a row.

MORE FROM
As a Businessman, Trump Was the Biggest Loser of A... (show quote)

And you backed someone that was never in business. You backed someone that gave billions away to Muslims.

| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 05:52:42   #
Tug484
 
Cadillac wrote:
And you backed someone that was never in business. You backed someone that gave billions away to Muslims.


The only real job Obama had was scooping ice cream.

| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 06:59:17   #
JFlorio Loc: Seminole Florida
 
Tug484 wrote:
The only real job Obama had was scooping ice cream.


Something tells me he thought vanilla was racist.

| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 07:19:41   #
Tug484
 
JFlorio wrote:
Something tells me he thought vanilla was racist.


He probably did.

| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 09:22:09   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
Hug wrote:
New York Times, what a great source. No wonder you are always lost in the weeds.



Gee Hug, the New York Times is one of the worlds most respected newspapers..

You can try but you will not find a better source..



| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 09:24:53   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
He reads nothing but leftwing propaganda and spin.


No Liberty, I read a lot of the right wing drift just to try and understand why anyone would believe deliberate lies rather then the legitimate media..

Have no idea why you grasp so firmly to such obvious lies..



| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 09:33:36   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
Louis wrote:
The man didn’t get to be a billionaire ten times over by being the worst business man ever, are you kidding?
He didn’t get to be President of the United States by being stupid like you portray him. He got to that level by being a shrewd business person. He turned a economy that was just barely chugging along into the best economy in the last sixty years, for everyone, not just a few like the democrats would have you believe.

If you believe otherwise your walking around with your mind closed. In eight years of Obama my business had an increase of 17%. In three years of Trump, my business has increased 44%. That says enough for me.
The man didn’t get to be a billionaire ten times o... (show quote)


Lou,,,

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/as-a-businessman-trump-was-the-biggest-loser-of-all?fbclid=IwAR2jocxUFX_GGpNta7c74iOMZG7GFSc5jV989emmMiq4tfVw2A_ZI_u3vR4

As a Businessman, Trump Was the Biggest Loser of All

ast October, the New York Times published a monumental exposé of how Donald Trump and other members of the Trump family engaged in sham financial schemes during the nineteen-nineties, including what the newspaper described as “instances of outright fraud,” to avoid paying hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes on the real-estate fortune that Fred Trump passed on to his children. Last month, the three reporters who wrote the story—David Barstow, Susanne Craig, and Russ Buettner—were awarded the Pulitzer Prize in explanatory reporting.

On Tuesday evening, the Times dropped another story that delved into the President’s financial past. Written by Buettner and Craig, and based upon “printouts from Mr. Trump’s official Internal Revenue Service transcripts” that the reporters obtained, the story further undermined the assiduously promoted fiction that Trump, before he became a reality-television star and entered politics, was a highly successful self-made businessman. He was anything but.

Just like his money, trump had nothing to do with making the economy we now have. It is the extension of the 7 years of growth under the President Obama administration.

He made himself and the ultra rich a mountain of money.. now it is near its end and the rest of America may end up paying for the gift.. Just like we pay for the tariffs which he loves to think worked.
ask farmers how things are going for most of them..

https://time.com/5736789/small-american-farmers-debt-crisis-extinction/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_term=business_&linkId=77820351&fbclid=IwAR1ZiwWjTHf9ZGxNVF1pN2WFV8a7zi37psw25oY5KUOoeFUbb_AJZwe4FOg

They're Trying to Wipe Us Off the Map.' Small American Farmers Are Nearing Extinction

In the American imagination, at least, the family farm still exists as it does on holiday greeting cards: as a picturesque, modestly prosperous expanse that wholesomely fills the space between the urban centers where most of us live. But it has been declining for generations, and the closing days of 2019 find small farms pummeled from every side: a trade war, severe weather associated with climate change, tanking commodity prices related to globalization, political polarization, and corporate farming defined not by a silo and a red barn but technology and the efficiencies of scale. It is the worst crisis in decades. Chapter 12 farm bankruptcies were up 12 percent in the Midwest from July of 2018 to June of 2019; they’re up 50 percent in the Northwest. Tens of thousands have simply stopped farming, knowing that reorganization through bankruptcy won’t save them. The nation lost more than 100,000 farms between 2011 and 2018; 12,000 of those between 2017 and 2018 alone.

| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 09:34:35   #
JFlorio Loc: Seminole Florida
 
permafrost wrote:
No Liberty, I read a lot of the right wing drift just to try and understand why anyone would believe deliberate lies rather then the legitimate media..

Have no idea why you grasp so firmly to such obvious lies..


Coming from you, a liar and the king of cut and paste from left wing sources.

| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 09:39:15   #
JFlorio Loc: Seminole Florida
 
permafrost wrote:
No Liberty, I read a lot of the right wing drift just to try and understand why anyone would believe deliberate lies rather then the legitimate media..

Have no idea why you grasp so firmly to such obvious lies..


Well, actually the Times is not doing so well. Most of the new subscriptions are digital. If you look at a balance sheet to see if a company is prospering like most business people the Times is failing. If you look at it as a left winger who likes propaganda then it is succeeding. We know how you look at it.
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/01/trump_is_right_the_new_york_times_is_failing_financially.html

| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 09:42:23   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
Cadillac wrote:
And you backed someone that was never in business. You backed someone that gave billions away to Muslims.




HA HA HA>.. What a line..

So you think running a business and running a country are the same thing..

I bet you love the newest Democrat candidate...

Much wealthier the trump by far, and indeed self made, rose from the middle class not from a gold cradle..

Do you think our taxes sit in a drawer at the white house waiting to be spent on a whim??

No, it is a long process to distribute the aid packages we give to nearly every nation in the world..

In you case, i think you intended to say terrorist groups.. but that is absurd lie and you know it..

So you must be stabbing at the 58 Muslim majority nations.. some of which do get our money, most for domestic aid, but some like the Saudis get huge amounts of military goods to attack the poor people next door and continue the oil flow for their wealth and to share with the orange POS..



| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.