One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Newsweek fires reporter for reporting whitehouse announcement
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 2
Dec 2, 2019 07:56:40   #
zombinis3 Loc: Southwest
 
BigMike wrote:
Where can I find this announcement?


New York post and cnn reported on the twentyeighth the closest I've seen.

| Reply
Dec 2, 2019 09:35:48   #
TrueAmerican
 
Fodaoson wrote:
"Until today, Jessica Kwong was a political reporter for Newsweek. More specifically, it was her job to keep an eye on the Trump administration, the Trump family, and the 2020 race for president. This week, however, she was fired. The reason? On Thanksgiving Day, she published an article in which she claimed that the president and first lady planned to spend the holiday golfing, tweeting, "and more" some such. Sadly for her, President Trump secretly flew to Afghanistan, where he met the troops (and served them turkey)."

The trip was kept secret for security reasons. The white house had previously announced The President would spend the weekend in Florida.
"Until today, Jessica Kwong was a political r... (show quote)


Exactly why reporters should obtain facts first then write the story not the other way around, kind of like speaking to facts when testifying before congress DO NOT assume or presume anything speak to the facts PERIOD !!!!!!

| Reply
Dec 2, 2019 13:26:46   #
jelun
 
Fodaoson wrote:
"Until today, Jessica Kwong was a political reporter for Newsweek. More specifically, it was her job to keep an eye on the Trump administration, the Trump family, and the 2020 race for president. This week, however, she was fired. The reason? On Thanksgiving Day, she published an article in which she claimed that the president and first lady planned to spend the holiday golfing, tweeting, "and more" some such. Sadly for her, President Trump secretly flew to Afghanistan, where he met the troops (and served them turkey)."

The trip was kept secret for security reasons. The white house had previously announced The President would spend the weekend in Florida.
"Until today, Jessica Kwong was a political r... (show quote)


on, Dec 02, 2019
SIGN IN
SUBSCRIBE
Search
Search
U.S.
World
Business
Tech & Science
Culture
Newsgeek
Sports
Health
Opinion
Vantage
Jessica Kwong
Staff Writer
https://www.facebook.com/byjessicakwong/
Twitter
Jessica Kwong
A Los Angeles native, Jessica Kwong grew up speaking Spanish, Cantonese and English, in that order. Her journalism career started at the San Francisco Chronicle and she has also been a staff writer at the San Antonio Express-News, La Opinión, Time Warner Cable Sports, San Francisco Examiner, and the Orange County Register. Kwong earned her bachelor's degree in Comparative Literature in Spanish and English and Mass Communications from the University of California, Berkeley.


It would seem that your post contains erroneous material.

| Reply
Dec 2, 2019 15:43:01   #
Lt. Rob Polans ret.
 
Fodaoson wrote:
It was not fake news. The President went to Florida as announced, then departed secretly to Afghanistan. The secrecy is understandable. He returned to Florida. The firing seems unfair to me. If it had been reported he was going to the war zone there would have been criticism endangering the President


I agree. Kind of like he doesn't want other countries to know if he's sending troops anywhere. It's for their protection and this was for his.

| Reply
Dec 2, 2019 23:14:14   #
bggamers Loc: georgia
 
steve66613 wrote:
Why are you intent in making it sound as though she didn’t lie?


That was probably the what they said he was going to do (MISS DIRECTION) I think its funny though she shouldn't have been fired BUT that sounds like a liberal rag

| Reply
Dec 2, 2019 23:42:58   #
Fodaoson Loc: South Texas
 
jelun wrote:
on, Dec 02, 2019
SIGN IN
SUBSCRIBE
Search
Search
U.S.
World
Business
Tech & Science
Culture
Newsgeek
Sports
Health
Opinion
Vantage
Jessica Kwong
Staff Writer
https://www.facebook.com/byjessicakwong/
Twitter
Jessica Kwong
A Los Angeles native, Jessica Kwong grew up speaking Spanish, Cantonese and English, in that order. Her journalism career started at the San Francisco Chronicle and she has also been a staff writer at the San Antonio Express-News, La Opinión, Time Warner Cable Sports, San Francisco Examiner, and the Orange County Register. Kwong earned her bachelor's degree in Comparative Literature in Spanish and English and Mass Communications from the University of California, Berkeley.


It would seem that your post contains erroneous material.
on, Dec 02, 2019 br SIGN IN br SUBSCRIBE br Searc... (show quote)


What was erroneous?

| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 12:52:01   #
Navigator
 
steve66613 wrote:
Why are you intent in making it sound as though she didn’t lie?


A lie is something you say that you know is false and since she thought the White House announcement was authentic, she didn't lie.

| Reply
Dec 8, 2019 06:56:07   #
promilitary
 
steve66613 wrote:
Why are you intent in making it sound as though she didn’t lie?


Newsweek, where you get the news before it is news.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.