One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
A simple question for simple minded trump supporters
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 31 next>>
Nov 29, 2019 11:21:02   #
maximus Loc: Chattanooga, Tennessee
 
factnotfiction wrote:
Pay attention deranged trump con, the question is why should trump make a deal with the chinaman, when trump keeps saying how great he is doing and lousy the Chinese economy is.


Your name calling is offensive. Why can't you ask a question without all the childish name calling. It really makes you look like an a$$. Your lack of civility only shows your hate for the POTUS which we have said all along. You disrespect Trump supporters when overwhelming evidence show the left has nothing to offer that measures even halfway to Trumps accomplishments.

| Reply
Nov 29, 2019 11:25:22   #
JFlorio Loc: Seminole Florida
 
Let’s hear this plan. If they actually have one it will be cutting the military. Never touch the social programs. The Republicans don’t have a plan either. None want to seriously get the deficit under control. That would cause pain and pain causes votes. You’re so full of crap. The Republicans won’t work with the Democrats? It’s not a one way street. What’s this pattern? Midterms were exactly how most midterms work out for the party in power. You have such a high opinion of yourself you don’t realize most of us see through your BS.
straightUp wrote:
Actually, they DO have a plan. In fact they have several. We can't help it if your special media doesn't cover that. I mean, I get it... Letting you know anything about plans that Democrats have to cut the deficit doesn't help the "Democrats are bad, Republican good" delusion.

The problem with these plans is that Republicans refuse to work with the Democrats so it's up to the voters to put more Democrats in office so they can have the super majorities to push past the Republican barricade and start making America great again.

The mid-terms are showing us a pattern where this may already be happening. Republicans are losing seats, even in the red states. I think the people are getting tired of the smoke and mirrors.
Actually, they DO have a plan. In fact they have s... (show quote)

| Reply
Nov 29, 2019 11:37:02   #
MatthewlovesAyn Loc: Ohio
 
I usually don't answer thugs and thieves but I certainly want to point out another way of looking at things.
The bankruptcy laws are a thieving scam. I'm betting they were enacted by democrats. Now you piss and moan when someone uses them. You got what you wished for.

I'm glad Donald inherited the money and put it to use building a fortune instead of the the thieving government stealing his father's wealth in an inheritance tax and giving it to a bunch of bureaucrats to be pissed down a hole. Those resorts he built employ people like me. I thank my lucky stars every day for the rich people who employ me.

How any man spends HIS money is HIS business. Typical of petty, jealous, thieves to begrudge him his due. Not to mention the people he employed to supply him with his lavish expenditures. I am one of the people who supplies goods or services to people that wish to buy them from me. Thank heavens for people with money! Money is the root of all good. It is the embodiment of free trade between willing individuals. Among your ilk, it is something to be stolen and redistributed to those you see fit. Well, I don't see fit.

YOU have no idea whether or not he cheated on his taxes. I'll add liar to thief and thug.

| Reply
Nov 29, 2019 11:39:17   #
straightUp Loc: California
 
factnotfiction wrote:
You must have got your on-line degree from trump u

LOL... I've had discussions with EconomistDon enough times to know he isn't a real economist.

factnotfiction wrote:

Answer the simple question as to who is paying the the 'billions and billions of dollars' into the treasury.

I have no idea what Don's answer will be or if he will even bother with one, but I may as well provide my answer, which I suppose would be stating the obvious...

Most of the billions and billions of dollars going into the treasury comes from investors including the Chinese communist government. This is because we spend more than we get from taxes so we have to borrow (deficit). The treasury issues bonds, which are essentially IOU notes saying if you give us some money we will force our future citizens to pay it back plus interest. I call this the Republican Tax, because Republicans are always cutting taxes without cutting their spending so they depend more on borrowing leaving us with more debt and larger deficits.

factnotfiction wrote:

And with the tariffs on Canadian steel and aluminum, why are US steel mills not running at capacity

I don't really know the answer to this one, but one logical possibility is that the cost of running steel mills in the U.S. exceeds the cost of paying a tariff on imports. I know that when we hit our oil peak in 1974 it suddenly got cheaper to import foreign oil than to extract our own. Similar logic.

factnotfiction wrote:

And why does Japan get a pass on tariffs, since they impose massive tariffs on certain US products

Japan doesn't currently invoke the same outrage that China does among the American people and that makes a world of difference to a populist like Trump whos policies are entirely based on pissing off the people his base is conditioned to hate.

| Reply
Nov 29, 2019 11:51:09   #
Cherokee38 Loc: Atlanta
 
being as smart as you are why not become president and straighten out the worl?

| Reply
Nov 29, 2019 12:09:45   #
byronglimish Loc: Lapine Oregon
 
Cherokee38 wrote:
being as smart as you are why not become president and straighten out the worl?


Same reason his mom wouldn't let him participate in athletics.

He just doesn't have it,

Besides,..tantrum powered hatred won't win elections.

| Reply
Nov 29, 2019 12:29:03   #
factnotfiction
 
straightUp wrote:
To put things in perspective... Trump didn't actually have any choice. In fact his earlier statements suggest that he wasn't going to get involved, but Congress did something truly amazing for these times. They agreed... Not just marginally, but with a strong enough majority (Both Democrats and Republicans) to override the threat of veto.

Yes, this really pissed off the communists in Beijing but neither Democrats nor Republicans are willing to ignore the struggle of those people in Hong Kong, so they essentially forced Trump to "agree".

So is this going to screw up that "mini-trade deal" that Trump was "working" on? It might. Maybe if Trump wasn't so reckless with raising U.S. taxes on Chinese imports we wouldn't be in such a painful position where we NEED a special "mini-trade" deal.

Today, being Black Friday, might tell us something about these realities. We haven't had time to ween our supply-chain off Chinese materials yet so if sales go down today it maybe a signal that Americans are electing not to pay Trump's added tax. But if sales go up it means Americans ARE willing to pay Trump's added tax and the Chinese will be happily planning for more exports.
To put things in perspective... Trump didn't actua... (show quote)




The points you make are exactly what I want the brain dead trumpcons to understand.

Americans at all levels of the supply/distribution chain are paying for the trump tariffs, because that is how tariffs work.

Some businesses are able to absorb the cost and others are not, which ultimately affect consumers at the retail level

| Reply
Nov 29, 2019 12:32:00   #
factnotfiction
 
straightUp wrote:
Japan doesn't currently invoke the same outrage that China does among the American people and that makes a world of difference to a populist like Trump whos policies are entirely based on pissing off the people his base is conditioned to hate.





Your points are exactly right, too bad the trumpcon masses are unable to accept truth and fact

| Reply
Nov 29, 2019 12:33:35   #
factnotfiction
 
maximus wrote:
Your name calling is offensive. Why can't you ask a question without all the childish name calling. It really makes you look like an a$$. Your lack of civility only shows your hate for the POTUS which we have said all along. You disrespect Trump supporters when overwhelming evidence show the left has nothing to offer that measures even halfway to Trumps accomplishments.




You are free not read my posts, in fact that is one of your god given rights, so take advantage of it and quit your whining and crying and sniveling, your tin suit might rust.

| Reply
Nov 29, 2019 12:41:55   #
Rose42
 
factnotfiction wrote:
The points you make are exactly what I want the brain dead trumpcons to understand.

Americans at all levels of the supply/distribution chain are paying for the trump tariffs, because that is how tariffs work.

Some businesses are able to absorb the cost and others are not, which ultimately affect consumers at the retail level


No you don’t Raylan. Your only purpose here is to troll. Your posts aren’t different in character than a lot of Trump’s tweets.

Unfortunately for the other side of the coin that wants to fleece us - the democrats - they have nothing to offer either.

| Reply
Nov 29, 2019 12:56:27   #
Alber
 
factnotfiction: Obama used quantitative easing coming out of a recession.....

If you are going to talk about economics, it is best not to mention Obama. When he started his government, even with all the Bush disasters, there was an external debt of about 10 trillion USD and when he finished his government, the external debt was double. Clinton left external debt and Bush (the father) the same; but Obama's overcame all of the above. There is talk of the recession, but it is not said what method was used, which made the matter worse instead of improving it.

| Reply
Nov 29, 2019 13:02:58   #
straightUp Loc: California
 
maximus wrote:
Your name calling is offensive. Why can't you ask a question without all the childish name calling. It really makes you look like an a$$.

Why don't you stop crying and just answer the question?

Sorry max, but this isn't a forum on photography or sewing - it's a political discussion site... People come here to discuss real political issues that have a real impact on their lives so yes, people are going to get passionate, it's human nature. And yes people are going to attack stereotypes - on all sides. "Simple minded Trump supporters" is a stereotype. Now, if you are choosing to be offended by an attack on a stereotype you might want to consider a forum that will be more gentle on your delicate sensibility. Maybe join up with the Red Hat Society ;)

maximus wrote:

Your lack of civility only shows your hate for the POTUS which we have said all along.

See, this is just the kind of thing you folks say that contributes to the idea that Trump supporters are simple-minded. Yes, of course we hate Trump I don't know that anything could be more obvious and yet you seem to think there's some kind of argument about it that you've been right about all along. Dude... there's no argument. You're just stating the obvious.

Yes, some of us hate Trump. What do you expect from people when their families and their futures get screwed by an authoritarian president? Rose petals?

maximus wrote:

You disrespect Trump supporters when overwhelming evidence show the left has nothing to offer that measures even halfway to Trumps accomplishments.

1. Trump's "accomplishments" are making America worse than it's ever been and he wouldn't be allowed to screw the American people like he is if not for his supporters. So no, we don't have much respect for Trump supporters.

2. So far I have not heard a single argument to support the ridiculous notion that Trump is making America great again that doesn't depend on over-simplified views, so I guess I'm really surprised at the simple-minded stereotype, but it *IS* a stereotype.

| Reply
Nov 29, 2019 13:23:06   #
son of witless
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:


Well said Son


Thanks. Even if someone disagrees with me, I strive for clarity. It was one of my many beefs with Obama, sometimes his speeches were so opaque that even his supporters could not explain what the hell he said. However, they sure loved his use of fancy words. He made them feel smart.

| Reply
Nov 29, 2019 13:23:13   #
straightUp Loc: California
 
Alber wrote:
factnotfiction: Obama used quantitative easing coming out of a recession.....

If you are going to talk about economics, it is best not to mention Obama. When he started his government, even with all the Bush disasters, there was an external debt of about 10 trillion USD and when he finished his government, the external debt was double. Clinton left external debt and Bush (the father) the same; but Obama's overcame all of the above. There is talk of the recession, but it is not said what method was used, which made the matter worse instead of improving it.
factnotfiction: Obama used quantitative easing com... (show quote)


What the simple-minded folks don't see, because their media hides it is a little something called "new spending". This term, that you will never hear on Fox, allows us to recognize the difference between spending money on new programs and purchases and spending money on pre-existing obligations like paying down debts incurred by previous administrations.

Obama actually spent less on new programs and products than either Bush or Trump. Yes, the deficit rose under Obama because it took a LOT of money to dig the U.S. out of the ditch that Bush left it in and because of the ongoing war that Bush just had to get us involved in. Most of that increased deficit came from what we call obligatory spending.

| Reply
Nov 29, 2019 13:37:05   #
CodyCoonhound Loc: Redbone Country
 
straightUp wrote:
To put things in perspective... Trump didn't actually have any choice. In fact his earlier statements suggest that he wasn't going to get involved, but Congress did something truly amazing for these times. They agreed... Not just marginally, but with a strong enough majority (Both Democrats and Republicans) to override the threat of veto.

Yes, this really pissed off the communists in Beijing but neither Democrats nor Republicans are willing to ignore the struggle of those people in Hong Kong, so they essentially forced Trump to "agree".

So is this going to screw up that "mini-trade deal" that Trump was "working" on? It might. Maybe if Trump wasn't so reckless with raising U.S. taxes on Chinese imports we wouldn't be in such a painful position where we NEED a special "mini-trade" deal.

Today, being Black Friday, might tell us something about these realities. We haven't had time to ween our supply-chain off Chinese materials yet so if sales go down today it maybe a signal that Americans are electing not to pay Trump's added tax. But if sales go up it means Americans ARE willing to pay Trump's added tax and the Chinese will be happily planning for more exports.
To put things in perspective... Trump didn't actua... (show quote)


The piece you miss on who gets hurt on tariffs, you missed a significant action by the Chinese. They devalued their dollar in order to keep the tariff price of goods in the USA, the exact same price as before the tariffs.

In other words, the Chinese made a business decision to stay competitive in USA and banked on the USA consumer to continue to buy because they saw no change in price. A solid recent example is the cost of Thanksgiving dinner rose 1 cent over last years cost. Not all Chinese products but some were in the analysis.

The real impact on China as a result of tariffs is how many USA companies are pulling out of China and coming back to America - mostly. They are losing 350 B to 500 B dollars in trade imbalance. That money was used by China to lead in area of AI (artificial intelligence), build military and Navy to rival ours and attempt to take over the South China Sea. It also gave them a push to create a "middle class" to keep their people complacent under the Chinese communist regime. Hong Cong gets it. And they are fighting for true freedom and a business model that limits what the government owns or controls. Give it some thought.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 31 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.