One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
A simple question for simple minded trump supporters
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 next>>
Dec 3, 2019 12:24:44   #
Mikeyavelli
 
byronglimish wrote:
At a local Chinese restaurant, is one of the most beautiful women in town.


But is she oriental?
I appreciate the beauty, but I've never had the opportunity to have an Asian woman.
It would be a new slant on things.

| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 12:37:13   #
straightUp Loc: California
 
eagleye13 wrote:
While you strain at gnats and continue to swallow camels, "someone like Chamuco might catch this subtle difference because he was taught to think outside the box."

The majority of Americans voters have figured out what a disaster Democrat "leadership" has been.
America is back on the road to prosperity.
Even an engineer can figure that out.


Thank you for continuing to be such a perfect exhibit to support my argument eagle. You just admitted that qualifying "4 + 2" as an expression is straining at gnats - as if it's not worth the trouble to question the nature of a statement. From that it's easy to see why you think the Democrat leadership was a disaster and that America is back on the road to prosperity now. Obviously this is what you were told and maybe you think questioning the nature of statement is "straining at gnats" which is why you failed to see that both statements are baseless. Neither the "disaster" of the Democratic leadership nor "the road to prosperity" is actually defined in either statement which makes them both pointless.

Putting these two statements together suggests that you may be referring to economic stability. Well, in those terms, the last "disaster" was the crash of 2008, which happened under Republican rule, not Democratic and we've been back on the road to prosperity since 2012, which was under Democratic rule not Republican.

So, I guess what *some* engineers CAN'T figure out is that they are being fooled.

| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 12:45:11   #
eagleye13 Loc: Fl
 
straightUp wrote:
Thank you for continuing to be such a perfect exhibit to support my argument eagle. You just admitted that qualifying "4 + 2" as an expression is straining at gnats - as if it's not worth the trouble to question the nature of a statement. From that it's easy to see why you think the Democrat leadership was a disaster and that America is back on the road to prosperity now. Obviously this is what you were told and maybe you think questioning the nature of statement is "straining at gnats" which is why you failed to see that both statements are baseless. The "disaster" of the Democratic leadership is undefined and therefore pointless and there is no real evidence to suggest our road to prosperity is any better now than it was in 2016.

So, I guess what *some* engineers CAN'T figure out is that they are being fooled.
Thank you for continuing to be such a perfect exhi... (show quote)


"So, I guess what *some* engineers CAN'T figure out is that they are being fooled. - straightUp

Fooled into prosperity, sUp?

I find, being fooled into regression is a problem to avoid.
America has been avoiding that.

| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 12:50:22   #
byronglimish Loc: Lapine Oregon
 
Mikeyavelli wrote:
But is she oriental?
I appreciate the beauty, but I've never had the opportunity to have an Asian woman.
It would be a new slant on things.


She is Chinese. And not the pushy rude type.

Very warm and intelligent eyes.

| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 12:53:05   #
straightUp Loc: California
 
eagleye13 wrote:
"So, I guess what *some* engineers CAN'T figure out is that they are being fooled. - straightUp

Fooled into prosperity, sUp?

...fooled into *thinking* it only started happening when Trump came along.

eagleye13 wrote:

I find, being fooled into regression is a problem to avoid.
America has been avoiding that.

Yes, thanks to the progressives.

| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 12:55:44   #
eagleye13 Loc: Fl
 
straightUp wrote:
Yes, thanks to the progressives.


Oh blind one! LOLOL

Socialism sucks. A proven loser.

| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 13:36:44   #
Chamuco
 
[quote=eagleye13]"4 years College [BA from University of San Francisco with 2 Majors -- Economics a Political Science"

LiberalArts! LOL That figures.

Then you became a Lawyer? Figures

I spent over 40 years as an HVAC design engineer. Primarily designing High Tech industrial systems for companies such as; McDonnell Douglas, Boeing, Fluor corp, and various Design Engineering companies.

Sorry Chamuco; but your ego is getting to be very obnoxious.

BTW; We can now all see why you are an anti-Trumper. Putting down blue collar workers, while being an egoistical parasite.[/quote]


I admit to having a large ego. Certainly, yours is no smaller.
Additionally.., it was YOU who first questioned MY intelligence level proving even "blue collar" workers can believe themselves smarter than others.

I do agree with you and Shakespeare about lawyers. Loved going to school but NEVER practiced a day.

As for your anti-trump comment..., this is 100% untrue.

I've supported Trump from the beginning and believe him to be correct on EVERY important issue.

I believe in the "Swamp" and "Fake News.

In my 71 years on this planet I have NEVER voted Democrat and ALWAYS voted Republican [except my one shameful failing by voting for Perot which, unfortunately, helped get Clinton elected].

I volunteered for Vietnam and served 2 tours.

I'm PROUD of my "patriotism" and PROUD to be an American.

I haven't an inkling why you would classify me as anti-Trump.

Please refer me to ANYTHING I might have written to give you that WHOLLY INCORRECT impression.

| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 14:13:54   #
MatthewlovesAyn Loc: Ohio
 
Chamuco wrote:
Sorry. I don't consider HVAC training "formal" education by any stretch of the imagination.
It's closer to a trade than a profession.

That's why I didn't include my 2 year Army Engineering training at Ft. Belvoir following two tours in Vietnam as "formal" education.
It involved maintaining and repairing tactical 50K generators powered by Cummins Diesel Engines.

Although, it purportedly equaled 2 yrs in College..., like your education.., it was pure "trade school" stuff.., so, like Kindergarten.., I didn't include it in my "formal" education total like you seem to be comfortable doing. Hey.., if I was an Air-Conditioning repairman.., I'd probably feel the need to do so myself.

My "formal" education included 12 yrs HS followed by 4 years College [BA from University of San Francisco with 2 Majors -- Economics a Political Science] followed 4 years Law School [Juris Doctorate] from McGeorge School of Law.
Sorry. I don't consider HVAC training "forma... (show quote)


I'm thinking Spiro Agnew would have referred to you as part of the "effete corps of impudent snobs." Heaven forbid an actual useful degree should be considered higher education. I am thinking you should have gotten your economics degree at the University of Chicago or perhaps Vienna.
Reading your post reminded me of this scene from "Good Will Hunting."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIdsjNGCGz4

| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 14:45:40   #
eagleye13 Loc: Fl
 
MatthewlovesAyn wrote:
I'm thinking Spiro Agnew would have referred to you as part of the "effete corps of impudent snobs." Heaven forbid an actual useful degree should be considered higher education. I am thinking you should have gotten your economics degree at the University of Chicago or perhaps Vienna.
Reading your post reminded me of this scene from "Good Will Hunting."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIdsjNGCGz4


GREAT CALL!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIdsjNGCGz4
I remember the scene well.
A whole lot of education needs to come from outside school!
AND to discern BS from reality.

| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 16:52:31   #
Barracuda2020
 
eagleye13 wrote:
"Just an FYI we are not a pure democracy," - Bacaruda

You figured that out?
Who claimed that?

HOLY MELTDOWN, BATMAN! Watch Rachel Maddow get that SMIRK wiped off her face Election Night 2016
https://youtu.be/WjN_4VTy-jk


You don't even know what comes out of your mouth do you, you're completely unconscious, blathering away just like Rump.

| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 17:24:58   #
Barracuda2020
 
straightUp wrote:
100% correct!

But there's more to it... This misconception is an intentional narrative produced by corporate powers that are trying to control the government, with an obscene level of success. They have already seen how easy it is to sway our minds as consumers with marketing techniques that include the omission of critical information and appeals to our self-image (ego). Why not use the same techniques to sway our minds as voters too? 'Turns out they can.

In this case, the omitted truth is simple, 5th-grade-level education...

A republic is ANY form of government that does not include a monarch, period. That is literally all a republic is so the ONLY alternative is a monarchy.

A democracy is ANY form of government where people vote, period. That is literally all democracy means so the ONLY alternative to democracy is tyranny.

So a country can mix and match... it can be a democratic monarchy (UK) or a democratic republic (US), or it can be a tyrannical monarchy (SA) or a tyrannical republic (China).

That being said... the difference between a republic and a monarchy is made quite clear with pronounced titles, like "president" vs "king", but the difference between a democracy and a tyranny is often blurred for political reasons. For instance the "Democratic People's Republic of North Korea" is indeed a republic but it's democracy only exists in it's official name. In fact just about every nation on Earth claims to be democratic, so democracy becomes a matter of degree, to the point where is can be argued that on average, citizens of the UK, a constitutional monarchy, actually enjoy a greater degree of democracy than the average citizen of the US due to things like the Electoral College, voter suppression and the fact that unlike the British, Americans in most states are not allowed to vote on referendums. Oh, and I almost forgot... the fact that Americans are so easily manipulated into disputing their own countrymen's demand for democracy with the ignorant claim that we aren't even supposed to be a democracy.

It's truly mind-boggling.
100% correct! br br But there's more to it... Thi... (show quote)


Truly, here they not only deny it but some are actually repulsed by it and are against it, amazing.

| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 17:31:44   #
Barracuda2020
 
Mikeyavelli wrote:
But is she oriental?
I appreciate the beauty, but I've never had the opportunity to have an Asian woman.
It would be a new slant on things.


"to have an Asian woman", I didn't know she was property.

| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 18:28:18   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
Chamuco wrote:
Sorry. I don't consider HVAC training "formal" education by any stretch of the imagination.
It's closer to a trade than a profession.

That's why I didn't include my 2 year Army Engineering training at Ft. Belvoir following two tours in Vietnam as "formal" education.
It involved maintaining and repairing tactical 50K generators powered by Cummins Diesel Engines.

Although, it purportedly equaled 2 yrs in College..., like your education.., it was pure "trade school" stuff.., so, like Kindergarten.., I didn't include it in my "formal" education total like you seem to be comfortable doing. Hey.., if I was an Air-Conditioning repairman.., I'd probably feel the need to do so myself.

My "formal" education included 12 yrs HS followed by 4 years College [BA from University of San Francisco with 2 Majors -- Economics a Political Science] followed 4 years Law School [Juris Doctorate] from McGeorge School of Law.
Sorry. I don't consider HVAC training "forma... (show quote)


This post reeks of snobbery in my opinion.
Nothing personal sir/ma'am, but this attitude is a great part of what is wrong with our world. People looking down their noses at each other.

Without the "trades", you "formally educated" types wouldn't have a building to sit in, and gain your superiority over all of us "reglar" folks.
If the heat, or a/c went out in your classroom, would your professor, or that piece of framed paper on your wall be able to cool it down, or warm it up?
If the plumbing, or electrical went out, could your degree fix it?
Do you have your car repaired by an economist, politician, or lawyer?

Or, do you just sit on your throne of superiority, and expect that that you have "inferiors" to handle these things for you?


| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 18:31:19   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
Barracuda2020 wrote:
"to have an Asian woman", I didn't know she was property.


Only if you can get a clean title!

| Reply
Dec 3, 2019 18:45:45   #
Mikeyavelli
 
byronglimish wrote:
She is Chinese. And not the pushy rude type.

Very warm and intelligent eyes.


We go to the Chinese market. We are the only round eyes in the place. No one speaks English except for cashiering purposes. And, although my wife is with me, I have to look at some of those Chinese women and fantasize. Hmmm, It's too late for an affair of any kind, except for maybe Yvette Mimieux.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.