One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
I have the extremely sweet comfort of being on the right side of history regarding Trump.
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 next>>
Nov 8, 2019 23:23:35   #
rumitoid
 
Woe to his supports and much of the GOP in a year or two after his indictment and removal from office. The scourge of his influence on our nation, what we stand for and rule of law twisted or denied by him, will become crystal clear...once the hater blindfolds are off.

| Reply
Nov 9, 2019 00:50:04   #
EconomistDon
 
rumitoid wrote:
Woe to his supports and much of the GOP in a year or two after his indictment and removal from office. The scourge of his influence on our nation, what we stand for and rule of law twisted or denied by him, will become crystal clear...once the hater blindfolds are off.


Unbelievable!!! Rumi, you are in for such a YUGE let down. Trump is not going to be removed from office. The rule of law in the land will come down on treasonous Democrats who have harassed Trump for three long years. Brennan will be the first to land in jail. He was at the center of the treasonous coup attempt. Adam Schiff is working hard to join him. Barr and Durham will show that the criminality goes all the way to Obama's White House. This will crush Democrats for decades. But they brought it on themselves.

| Reply
Nov 9, 2019 00:51:38   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
rumitoid wrote:
Woe to his supports and much of the GOP in a year or two after his indictment and removal from office. The scourge of his influence on our nation, what we stand for and rule of law twisted or denied by him, will become crystal clear...once the hater blindfolds are off.


The right side of history?

No such thing...

History is written by the victors...

And Trump will be but a footnote... As will most leaders so far in my lifetime... With the possible exception of Xijinping... And the Queen of course, God bless her...Amen

| Reply
Nov 9, 2019 01:10:32   #
JW
 
rumitoid wrote:
Woe to his supports and much of the GOP in a year or two after his indictment and removal from office. The scourge of his influence on our nation, what we stand for and rule of law twisted or denied by him, will become crystal clear...once the hater blindfolds are off.


Believe whatever gets you through the day, Rumi. When it turns away from you, there is always Alice in Wonderland for true believers.

| Reply
Nov 9, 2019 01:15:10   #
JW
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
The right side of history?

No such thing...

History is written by the victors...

And Trump will be but a footnote... As will most leaders so far in my lifetime... With the possible exception of Xijinping... And the Queen of course, God bless her...Amen


I'm quite certain President Trump will be the central American political figure of this era just as Lincoln was of his. Both, ultimately thanks to the Democrats.

Xi Jin Ping? Are you serious? Why?

| Reply
Nov 9, 2019 01:21:29   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
JW wrote:
I'm quite certain President Trump will be the central American political figure of this era just as Lincoln was of his. Both, ultimately thanks to the Democrats.

Xi Jin Ping? Are you serious? Why?


Have you seen the changes he has brought to China? How he has made China a true world power?

Not the least would be the BRI...

| Reply
Nov 9, 2019 02:26:30   #
JW
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Have you seen the changes he has brought to China? How he has made China a true world power?

Not the least would be the BRI...


A superhighway system was Eisenhower's domestic achievement and while he is remembered fondly, it is for his service in WWII, not the highway system.

I agree that he has done much for China but how he has been doing it leaves much to be desired. As for making China a world power, I would argue that Japan did that by building China's tech infrastructure from the ground up.

| Reply
Nov 9, 2019 03:58:13   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
JW wrote:
A superhighway system was Eisenhower's domestic achievement and while he is remembered fondly, it is for his service in WWII, not the highway system.

I agree that he has done much for China but how he has been doing it leaves much to be desired. As for making China a world power, I would argue that Japan did that by building China's tech infrastructure from the ground up.


Superhighway system?

The BRI is a multinational endeavor... That brings southeast Asia, Africa and the ME into a sphere of economic power headed by China...

How has Japan built China's tech infrastructure front the ground up?

| Reply
Nov 9, 2019 04:11:16   #
JW
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Superhighway system?

The BRI is a multinational endeavor... That brings southeast Asia, Africa and the ME into a sphere of economic power headed by China...

How has Japan built China's tech infrastructure front the ground up?


It (BRI) makes accessibility easier but China already is the regional hegemon.

In the 80s I worked closely with some Japanese tech companies so I had access to some information regarding their "use" of Chinese companies to produce, among other things, computers. I cringed at the thought of that. I have great respect for the abilities of the Chinese people and I saw the setting up of Chinese tech industries as a major blunder as long as they remained ostensibly Communist.

The Japanese provided all the technology necessary to establish China as a world level player. The Chinese did as I expected and quickly surpassed their mentors.

| Reply
Nov 9, 2019 04:31:07   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
JW wrote:
It (BRI) makes accessibility easier but China already is the regional hegemon.

In the 80s I worked closely with some Japanese tech companies so I had access to some information regarding their "use" of Chinese companies to produce, among other things, computers. I cringed at the thought of that. I have great respect for the abilities of the Chinese people and I saw the setting up of Chinese tech industries as a major blunder as long as they remained ostensibly Communist.

The Japanese provided all the technology necessary to establish China as a world level player. The Chinese did as I expected and quickly surpassed their mentors.
It (BRI) makes accessibility easier but China alre... (show quote)


Fascinating...

I have a friend who teaches computer science at the University...He once told me that had China not provided a cheap source of labor for other nations, China would still be playing catch up....

He was pretty open about the fact that China stole tech secrets from other nations....

Do you still view China as communist?

| Reply
Nov 9, 2019 09:23:44   #
Lonewolf
 
rumitoid wrote:
Woe to his supports and much of the GOP in a year or two after his indictment and removal from office. The scourge of his influence on our nation, what we stand for and rule of law twisted or denied by him, will become crystal clear...once the hater blindfolds are off.


:

| Reply
Nov 9, 2019 11:46:05   #
working class stiff Loc: N. Carolina
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
The right side of history?

No such thing...

History is written by the victors...

And Trump will be but a footnote... As will most leaders so far in my lifetime... With the possible exception of Xijinping... And the Queen of course, God bless her...Amen


I disagree about the footnote part.

I think Trump will be seen as a symptom, the embodiment, of the disintegration of the American empire. He says it himself. America First which can be roughly translated as America Alone (remember, we're speculating here). That would be a major historical change in world history, who ever the victors might be.

A re-election of Trump by the electoral college while again losing the popular could also signify the disintegration of the country itself, and not just into two blocs.

So whether MAGA works or doesn't, American history in the early 21st century would be an important story in world history. I think Trump won't be a footnote, even if Americans aren't writing that history.

| Reply
Nov 9, 2019 12:04:09   #
Wonttakeitanymore
 
rumitoid wrote:
Woe to his supports and much of the GOP in a year or two after his indictment and removal from office. The scourge of his influence on our nation, what we stand for and rule of law twisted or denied by him, will become crystal clear...once the hater blindfolds are off.


You will be hiding from your bad predictions! But lots of got chocolate and crayons and build ur safe space!

| Reply
Nov 9, 2019 12:05:48   #
Wonttakeitanymore
 
EconomistDon wrote:
Unbelievable!!! Rumi, you are in for such a YUGE let down. Trump is not going to be removed from office. The rule of law in the land will come down on treasonous Democrats who have harassed Trump for three long years. Brennan will be the first to land in jail. He was at the center of the treasonous coup attempt. Adam Schiff is working hard to join him. Barr and Durham will show that the criminality goes all the way to Obama's White House. This will crush Democrats for decades. But they brought it on themselves.
Unbelievable!!! Rumi, you are in for such a YUGE ... (show quote)


My prediction the demonrats will be extinct! Until the tribulation, then Hillary can be the queen of the damned!

| Reply
Nov 9, 2019 18:12:27   #
JW
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Fascinating...

I have a friend who teaches computer science at the University...He once told me that had China not provided a cheap source of labor for other nations, China would still be playing catch up....

He was pretty open about the fact that China stole tech secrets from other nations....

Do you still view China as communist?


The Communist structure is still there; maybe somewhat relaxed but still there. The cold bloodedness of the Communist hierarchy is still evident.

I agree with your friend's assessment.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.