One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Jefferson on Trump.
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 next>>
Nov 9, 2019 20:46:34   #
Rose42
 
working class stiff wrote:
The history is true.
Doesn't negate the fact that this President would like the media to behave like Pravda or Tass in the old Soviet Union. That's the kind of media he wants....no criticism, no deviation from his party line, and no investigation into his administration.

Once a President condemns the press and opposition party as enemies of the people, that President is clearly signalling he wants a one party state. Luckily, Americans and their institutions are not set up for that kind of thinking, or government.
The history is true. br Doesn't negate the fact th... (show quote)


But that thinking - one party - is more prevalent today. Many have opined they’d like to see the other party cease to exist.

| Reply
Nov 9, 2019 21:05:59   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
Rose42 wrote:
But that thinking - one party - is more prevalent today. Many have opined they’d like to see the other party cease to exist.


I think there's a good chance the founders would give 90% of Congress a spanking if they could

| Reply
Nov 9, 2019 21:45:33   #
Rose42
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
I think there's a good chance the founders would give 90% of Congress a spanking if they could


A blanket party is more appropriate for those jokers....

| Reply
Nov 9, 2019 22:35:30   #
debeda
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
I think there's a good chance the founders would give 90% of Congress a spanking if they could


Or put them in the stocks nah that's too old time. The VERY most fun would be to hold a debate of sorts, where today's politicians have to defend their positions. I know theres a word for that but it's late and I'm tired

| Reply
Nov 9, 2019 23:06:17   #
debeda
 
crazylibertarian wrote:
Count me with Seth. I must be one of those you complain about.

Every 'progressive' idea has accomplished the exact opposite of its supposed intent but then progressives always have been given the option of blaming their failures on Republicans and conservatives. In that, they w=have the willing cooperation of CNN, NYT. WaPo, etc. It is no longer necessary to have a communist movement in this country with the current Democratic Party.

What's democratic about your solutions? Can anyone opt out of them? Or is your solution the final one?
Count me with Seth. I must be one of those you co... (show quote)


WELL SAID, Libertarian Bravo👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

| Reply
Nov 9, 2019 23:07:14   #
debeda
 
greenmountaineer wrote:
It has become rather a status symbol for some folks to denigrate the Founders, but they were really a smart bunch of people. Jefferson was one of the best.



| Reply
Nov 10, 2019 01:17:50   #
alabuck Loc: Tennessee
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
Unfreedom of the Press

Almost 3,000 reader reviews, 95% of which are 5 stars.

From five-time #1 New York Times bestselling author, FOX News star, and radio host Mark R. Levin comes a groundbreaking and enlightening book that shows how the great tradition of the American free press has degenerated into a standardless profession that has squandered the faith and trust of the American public, not through actions of government officials, but through its own abandonment of reportorial integrity and objective journalism.

Unfreedom of the Press is not just another book about the press. Levin shows how those entrusted with news reporting today are destroying freedom of the press from within: “not government oppression or suppression,” he writes, but self-censorship, group-think, bias by omission, and passing off opinion, propaganda, pseudo-events, and outright lies as news.

With the depth of historical background for which his books are renowned, Levin takes the reader on a journey through the early American patriot press, which proudly promoted the principles set forth in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, followed by the early decades of the Republic during which newspapers around the young country were open and transparent about their fierce allegiance to one political party or the other.

It was only at the start of the Progressive Era and the twentieth century that the supposed “objectivity of the press” first surfaced, leaving us where we are today: with a partisan party-press overwhelmingly aligned with a political ideology but hypocritically engaged in a massive untruth as to its real nature.
url=https://www.amazon.com/Unfreedom-Press-Mark-R... (show quote)




———————

Any book by Levin is filled with lies, innuendo and stupidly contrived conspiracy theories. Only people who can no longer think for themselves and feel the need to belong to a cult that happily fills in the mental and emotional emptiness of the mindless person is the person who
Levin directs his books toward.

You wrote, “with a partisan party-press overwhelmingly aligned with a political ideology but hypocritically engaged in a massive untruth as to its real nature.[/i][/quote]“

Those words describe the right-wing and the alt right-wing outlets to a tee. Fox News, Levin, Hannity, Limbaugh, and those of similar strips, consciously and constantly fill their viewer’s heads with more lies, innuendo, twisted facts, and debunked conspiracy theories, ad nausium. That you have the audacity to claim anything Levin writes has even a smidgen of truth to it is a lie, itself.

All you’re trying to do is to declare your favorite “propaganda-output-machine” writes the truth, while all other news outlets (I.e. MSM) write lies. Fox and the rest of the wrong-wing news outlets are outnumbered considerably. Fox may have a large number of viewers, who happen to share the political views that Fox and the rest of the alt-right-wing media outlets expounds, when compared to a single other outletk. But when compared to the other outlets (cable news plus the network news outlets, those who don’t have a self-announced political leaning like Fox does, combined, the number of Fox viewers is but a small percentage of the total; even in spite of what Trumpet claims.

| Reply
Nov 10, 2019 07:05:23   #
crazylibertarian Loc: Florida by way of NYC & Rhode Island
 
alabuck wrote:


Those words describe the right-wing and the alt right-wing outlets to a tee. Fox News, Levin, Hannity, Limbaugh, and those of similar strips, consciously and constantly fill their viewer’s heads with more lies, innuendo, twisted facts, and debunked conspiracy theories, ad nausium. That you have the audacity to claim anything Levin writes has even a smidgen of truth to it is a lie, itself.

All you’re trying to do is to declare your favorite “propaganda-output-machine” writes the truth, while all other news outlets (I.e. MSM) write lies. Fox and the rest of the wrong-wing news outlets are outnumbered considerably. Fox may have a large number of viewers, who happen to share the political views that Fox and the rest of the alt-right-wing media outlets expounds, when compared to a single other outletk. But when compared to the other outlets (cable news plus the network news outlets, those who don’t have a self-announced political leaning like Fox does, combined, the number of Fox viewers is but a small percentage of the total; even in spite of what Trumpet claims.
“ br br Those words describe the right-wing and t... (show quote)



I thought you were describing CNN and the trash you post. CNN, MSNBC, NYT, ABC, etc. are a mindless group of automatons who mouth the same spiels and are beholden to the progressive Democrat movement to foist a one world government on the world.

| Reply
Nov 10, 2019 07:54:53   #
Seth
 
alabuck wrote:


Those words describe the right-wing and the alt right-wing outlets to a tee. Fox News, Levin, Hannity, Limbaugh, and those of similar strips, consciously and constantly fill their viewer’s heads with more lies, innuendo, twisted facts, and debunked conspiracy theories, ad nausium. That you have the audacity to claim anything Levin writes has even a smidgen of truth to it is a lie, itself.

All you’re trying to do is to declare your favorite “propaganda-output-machine” writes the truth, while all other news outlets (I.e. MSM) write lies. Fox and the rest of the wrong-wing news outlets are outnumbered considerably. Fox may have a large number of viewers, who happen to share the political views that Fox and the rest of the alt-right-wing media outlets expounds, when compared to a single other outletk. But when compared to the other outlets (cable news plus the network news outlets, those who don’t have a self-announced political leaning like Fox does, combined, the number of Fox viewers is but a small percentage of the total; even in spite of what Trumpet claims.
“ br br Those words describe the right-wing and t... (show quote)


It wasn't a conservative who stated that his goal was to "fundamentally transform America," and while you insult the intelligence of people who merely cite what is blatantly happening right before their eyes by calling them conspiracy theorists, you're actually insulting your own intelligence -- see, for many years the boiling frog strategy of the left was subtly executed to where they could get away with lying about the scope of their actual agendas and where they were leading, but over the last few years that's changed: the Obama Administration emboldened them to the point that they have been utterly brazen in obviating their ultimate goals.

The leftist/Democrat agenda is now out in the open and only a total simpleton could fail to see it for what it is.

The Democrats have taken money from entirely the wrong groups of "donors," and now they're having to sing for their supper.

| Reply
Nov 10, 2019 07:59:07   #
zillaorange
 
greenmountaineer wrote:
Well they might not go to jail, but a complaint to the school board might convince them to stop as one of my grand daughter's teachers had to be convinced. But you refer to "the Creator." That is generally a sign of a Deist. Glad to see another. But even as a Deist myself, I feel that the Creator should not be in the public schools.


The Creator should be acknowledged at ALL levels !

| Reply
Nov 10, 2019 08:02:12   #
zillaorange
 
Rose42 wrote:
A blanket party is more appropriate for those jokers....


locks & socks !

| Reply
Nov 10, 2019 08:05:10   #
zillaorange
 
I was being sarcastic when I said "get the Creator out of America" !!! The problem is, IT is well on IT's way out ! The hammer will fall !!!

| Reply
Nov 10, 2019 08:06:38   #
zillaorange
 
debeda wrote:


Just got my, "Deplorables" tee shirt ! Wear it proudly !!!

| Reply
Nov 10, 2019 10:46:14   #
debeda
 
Seth wrote:
It wasn't a conservative who stated that his goal was to "fundamentally transform America," and while you insult the intelligence of people who merely cite what is blatantly happening right before their eyes by calling them conspiracy theorists, you're actually insulting your own intelligence -- see, for many years the boiling frog strategy of the left was subtly executed to where they could get away with lying about the scope of their actual agendas and where they were leading, but over the last few years that's changed: the Obama Administration emboldened them to the point that they have been utterly brazen in obviating their ultimate goals.

The leftist/Democrat agenda is now out in the open and only a total simpleton could fail to see it for what it is.

The Democrats have taken money from entirely the wrong groups of "donors," and now they're having to sing for their supper.
It wasn't a conservative who stated that his goal ... (show quote)


EXCELLENT post!! And all very true - but still a little scary. Why? Because there are enough people still alive who got a decent public education. What happens in 50 years? This awakening is (hopefully,) saving our country and future generations in more ways than many realize.

| Reply
Nov 10, 2019 10:47:12   #
debeda
 
zillaorange wrote:
Just got my, "Deplorables" tee shirt ! Wear it proudly !!!


Wonder how long it will take to be labeled racist

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.