One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Universal background checks
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
Nov 7, 2019 09:38:53   #
Lonewolf
 
Why are all these politicians talking about Universal background checks we need to implement Universal background checks.
We have had Universal background checks forever and it hasn't made us one bit safer so why do they keep talking about them.?

| Reply
Nov 7, 2019 09:42:48   #
okie don
 
Lonewolf wrote:
Why are all these politicians talking about Universal background checks we need to implement Universal background checks.
We have had Universal background checks forever and it hasn't made us one bit safer so why do they keep talking about them.?


So, apparently you feel its fine to just allow anyone in. Rapists, robbers, arsonists, beheader's etc.
Your not thinking logically.

| Reply
Nov 7, 2019 09:44:27   #
Lonewolf
 
okie don wrote:
So, apparently you feel its fine to just allow anyone in. Rapists, robbers, arsonists, beheader's etc.
Your not thinking logically.


Don I'm talking about buying guns those background checks

| Reply
Nov 7, 2019 09:51:25   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
Lonewolf wrote:
Why are all these politicians talking about Universal background checks we need to implement Universal background checks.
We have had Universal background checks forever and it hasn't made us one bit safer so why do they keep talking about them.?


Bet they have made y'all just a mite bit safer..

| Reply
Nov 7, 2019 09:53:27   #
Lonewolf
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Bet they have made y'all just a mite bit safer..


My point was we have them Alteady so why keep talking like we don't

| Reply
Nov 7, 2019 09:56:30   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
Lonewolf wrote:
My point was we have them Alteady so why keep talking like we don't


They get stuck in the echo chamber...

And have been there far too long...

Advocate for background check for twenty years... Then change your position... People might wonder about you

You might not get reelected

| Reply
Nov 7, 2019 09:57:05   #
JFlorio Loc: Seminole Florida
 
Lonewolf wrote:
Why are all these politicians talking about Universal background checks we need to implement Universal background checks.
We have had Universal background checks forever and it hasn't made us one bit safer so why do they keep talking about them.?


Problem with Universal background checks is the great majority would be for people who have never been in the system. Add to that the Feds prosecute very few violators and it's another waste of money and time for the average American. More money should be put into looking at what mass killers have in common. So far they have discovered the great majority (including terrorists) grew up with no father figure, were on some sort of medication; usually an antipsychotic. Might be better if we threw HIPPA laws out the window when purchasing a gun. Of course that would be another slippery slope which government would be more than happy to exploit.

| Reply
Nov 7, 2019 10:09:03   #
Seth
 
JFlorio wrote:
Problem with Universal background checks is the great majority would be for people who have never been in the system. Add to that the Feds prosecute very few violators and it's another waste of money and time for the average American. More money should be put into looking at what mass killers have in common. So far they have discovered the great majority (including terrorists) grew up with no father figure, were on some sort of medication; usually an antipsychotic. Might be better if we threw HIPPA laws out the window when purchasing a gun. Of course that would be another slippery slope which government would be more than happy to exploit.
Problem with Universal background checks is the gr... (show quote)


There's also the matter of what the government does with the records of those background checks (and firearm registration). During Katrina, while looters and other malcontents were running amok, the New Orleans police department used those records to go door-to-door confiscating legally owned firearms.

Many people still haven't gotten them back...

| Reply
Nov 7, 2019 10:16:48   #
JFlorio Loc: Seminole Florida
 
Seth wrote:
There's also the matter of what the government does with the records of those background checks (and firearm registration). During Katrina, while looters and other malcontents were running amok, the New Orleans police department used those records to go door-to-door confiscating legally owned firearms.

Many people still haven't gotten them back...


That's is actually my personal main reason I am against them. I don't trust the government. Hypothetically one might want to rent a storage locker under an LLC or other type of corporate name.

| Reply
Nov 7, 2019 10:22:51   #
Seth
 
JFlorio wrote:
That's is actually my personal main reason I am against them. I don't trust the government. Hypothetically one might want to rent a storage locker under an LLC or other type of corporate name.


Over time, I've come to the same conclusion -- imagine what would happen to our Second Amendment rights if the Democrats managed to get the White House and majorities in the House and Senate at the same time.

I will add that mistrust of government was one major reason the framers of the Constitution assigned them limited powers and put in the Tenth Amendment.

| Reply
Nov 7, 2019 10:24:36   #
JFlorio Loc: Seminole Florida
 
Seth wrote:
Over time, I've come to the same conclusion -- imagine what would happen to our Second Amendment rights if the Democrats managed to get the White House and majorities in the House and Senate at the same time.

I will add that mistrust of government was one major reason the framers of the Constitution assigned them limited powers and put in the Tenth Amendment.


I have predicted the economy will implode. If the Democrats get full control it will just implode faster. When that happens you will want a gun.

| Reply
Nov 7, 2019 10:26:27   #
Lonewolf
 
Seth wrote:
Over time, I've come to the same conclusion -- imagine what would happen to our Second Amendment rights if the Democrats managed to get the White House and majorities in the House and Senate at the same time.

I will add that mistrust of government was one major reason the framers of the Constitution assigned them limited powers and put in the Tenth Amendment.


Nothing would happen democrats like their guns to its the Elite in this country that want your guns!

| Reply
Nov 7, 2019 10:35:28   #
Seth
 
Lonewolf wrote:
Nothing would happen democrats like their guns to its the Elite in this country that want your guns!


Unfortunately, it's that same "elite" who make megabucks donations to the DNC and call themselves "progressives."

When I lived in New York, I had the "pleasure" of meeting a number of such "elite" folks at various functions, Carnegie Hall and the Met.

| Reply
Nov 7, 2019 10:40:51   #
Seth
 
JFlorio wrote:
I have predicted the economy will implode. If the Democrats get full control it will just implode faster. When that happens you will want a gun.


I own several, a few of which are secured beyond the informational "reach" of Big Brother.

Luckily, the outspokenness of today's far left Democrats is waking a lot of Americans up, and the 2020 elections should diminish their power significantly at the federal level.

That will make it easier for President Trump and his cabinet to continue weeding out the swamp critters.

| Reply
Nov 7, 2019 11:29:59   #
Sonny Magoo Loc: If you ain't Dutch you ain't much.
 
There are not any illegal guns in the USA.
Just undocumented ones.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.