One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Romans 8
Oct 18, 2019 02:01:27   #
fredlott63
 
Romans chapter 8

Verse 1

There is a difference between a man who sins occasionally and a wicked man who sins continually. For those who walk after the spirit, there is no condemnation.

Verse 2 - 4

Churches deceive us. They teach that grace frees us from the law, so it is okay to steal, murder, and commit adultery. However, grace doesn’t free from paying tithes. The funny thing is that tithing is not in the law.

Verse 5 - 8

We are all flesh minded as infants to young adults. As we mature, it should be easier to walk in the spirit.

Verse 9 - 14

We are all brothers. Also, we are all sinners and shouldn’t point fingers.

Verse 15 - 17

If we suffer, we shall also reign with Him: if we deny Him, He also will deny us.
2 Timothy 2:12

Verse 18 - 21

Christians should lead humble quiet lives until God lifts us up.

Verse 22 and 23

There is going to be a new heaven and a new earth. We should learn from nature. We overestimate our importance.

Verse 24 - 27

It would be stupid to hope for a wallet. It is in my pocket. I can see it anytime I want. Satan has deceived the whole world. If you are teaching truth, you will have trouble. None of us can know we are saved. We are letting people lead us to Christ who haven’t followed Him.

Verse 28 - 30

God is in control. He uses whom He chooses.

Verse 31 and 32

If God is on your side, satan hates your guts.

Verse 33 - 39

God is not angry. He has been forgiving sins for thousands of years.

| Reply
Oct 18, 2019 03:42:04   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
Another good one...

| Reply
Oct 18, 2019 09:53:03   #
bylm1-Bernie
 
fredlott63 wrote:
Romans chapter 8

Verse 1

There is a difference between a man who sins occasionally and a wicked man who sins continually. For those who walk after the spirit, there is no condemnation.

Verse 2 - 4

Churches deceive us. They teach that grace frees us from the law, so it is okay to steal, murder, and commit adultery. However, grace doesn’t free from paying tithes. The funny thing is that tithing is not in the law.

Verse 5 - 8

We are all flesh minded as infants to young adults. As we mature, it should be easier to walk in the spirit.

Verse 9 - 14

We are all brothers. Also, we are all sinners and shouldn’t point fingers.

Verse 15 - 17

If we suffer, we shall also reign with Him: if we deny Him, He also will deny us.
2 Timothy 2:12

Verse 18 - 21

Christians should lead humble quiet lives until God lifts us up.

Verse 22 and 23

There is going to be a new heaven and a new earth. We should learn from nature. We overestimate our importance.

Verse 24 - 27

It would be stupid to hope for a wallet. It is in my pocket. I can see it anytime I want. Satan has deceived the whole world. If you are teaching truth, you will have trouble. None of us can know we are saved. We are letting people lead us to Christ who haven’t followed Him.

Verse 28 - 30

God is in control. He uses whom He chooses.

Verse 31 and 32

If God is on your side, satan hates your guts.

Verse 33 - 39

God is not angry. He has been forgiving sins for thousands of years.
Romans chapter 8 br br Verse 1 br br There is a ... (show quote)




Hi Fred, I have to disagree with you on a point: "Churches deceive us, they teach us that grace frees us from the law, so it is OK to steal, murder, or commit adultery." Christ's death on the cross does free us from the law. That is very clear, but neither the Bible nor any churches that I am aware of teach us that it is OK to keep on sinning. Read Romans 6.

| Reply
Oct 18, 2019 15:16:56   #
fredlott63
 
bylm1-Bernie wrote:
Hi Fred, I have to disagree with you on a point: "Churches deceive us, they teach us that grace frees us from the law, so it is OK to steal, murder, or commit adultery." Christ's death on the cross does free us from the law. That is very clear, but neither the Bible nor any churches that I am aware of teach us that it is OK to keep on sinning. Read Romans 6.


As we mature, we should sin less and less. We are all sinners. satan has deceived the whole world. If you think you are excluded that is proof of the deception.

| Reply
Oct 18, 2019 15:36:38   #
bylm1-Bernie
 
fredlott63 wrote:
As we mature, we should sin less and less. We are all sinners. satan has deceived the whole world. If you think you are excluded that is proof of the deception.



No, Fred, I don't think I'm excluded. Romans 3:23 Says, "ALL have sinned and fall short of God's glory."
I was simply saying that I think lumping all Churches into one basket of encouraging more sin by saying God's grace will deliver us is not true with any Churches that I know of.

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.