One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Would impeachment lead to civil war?
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 39 next>>
Oct 8, 2019 15:21:43   #
slatten49 (a regular here)
 
If Congress is successful in removing President Trump, will it cause a Civil War-like fracture in this nation from which our country will never heal?

By Brandon Chai, Conservative Leaner living in a Liberal Bastion (with some editing)

I’ve heard a lot of this “civil war 2.0” type talk lately. Even I was guilty of believing something like this could happen at one point.

It is no secret that the political division in this country is pretty high right now. Name-slinging has become rampant. I’ve even lost some friends and stopped talking to certain family members because of it. However, I highly doubt that we will end up having a 2nd civil war right now. At least it probably wouldn’t be a hot war if we did.

The reason: Because father would have to go up against son. Mother against daughter. Sister against brother. Aunt against uncle. And cousin against aunt. Friends would also have to take up arms against friends. Co-workers against coworkers, etc.

I just don’t see this happening.

You see, during the time of the civil war, most families thought the same about certain issues. Whole areas often shared the same sentiments. Most pro-slavery sentiments were confined to the south while most anti-slavery sentiments were in the “north”. What we see today is much different. Families no longer think alike. Today, the kids of die-hard conservative parents might go off to college and become die hard liberals. Today, people in big cities tend to be more liberal so if you live in one of those areas, you might find yourself disagreeing with family members from more rural areas.

Also, there is a wide and densely scattered political party affiliation in the US today. So no, if Democrats successfully impeach Trump, conservatives and Trump supporters might get angry for a bit, but it would most likely quickly fizzle out once a new president was elected.

Neither ideological group would get any more angry than they already are at each other. Whatever political division can be had has already been created. If the parties aren’t already mad at one another for everything that’s happened just over the last two years, then they probably will never be mad enough, even if Trump were impeached.

In today’s political environment, if you haven’t already chosen hard sides by now, then you probably never will. And for the people that have chosen hard sides, Trump’s hypothetical impeachment couldn’t make sentiments any worse than they already are.

If we were going to have a civil war over Trump, we would have already had one in the last couple years.

| Reply
Oct 8, 2019 15:27:17   #
woodguru (a regular here)
 
I agree with the majority spoken here. We would see an escalation of mass murders though, pissed off people. There will be some butt hurt right wingers. Put it this way, I wouldn't put an anti trump bumper sticker on my truck in this county, Lol

| Reply
Oct 8, 2019 15:32:31   #
Carol Kelly (a regular here)
 
slatten49 wrote:
If Congress is successful in removing President Trump, will it cause a Civil War-like fracture in this nation from which our country will never heal?

By Brandon Chai, Conservative Leaner living in a Liberal Bastion (with some editing)

I’ve heard a lot of this “civil war 2.0” type talk lately. Even I was guilty of believing something like this could happen at one point.

It is no secret that the political division in this country is pretty high right now. Name-slinging has become rampant. I’ve even lost some friends and stopped talking to certain family members because of it. However, I highly doubt that we will end up having a 2nd civil war right now. At least it probably wouldn’t be a hot war if we did.

The reason: Because father would have to go up against son. Mother against daughter. Sister against brother. Aunt against uncle. And cousin against aunt. Friends would also have to take up arms against friends. Co-workers against coworkers, etc.

I just don’t see this happening.

You see, during the time of the civil war, most families thought the same about certain issues. Whole areas often shared the same sentiments. Most pro-slavery sentiments were confined to the south while most anti-slavery sentiments were in the “north”. What we see today is much different. Families no longer think alike. Today, the kids of die-hard conservative parents might go off to college and become die hard liberals. Today, people in big cities tend to be more liberal so if you live in one of those areas, you might find yourself disagreeing with family members from more rural areas.

Also, there is a wide and densely scattered political party affiliation in the US today. So no, if Democrats successfully impeach Trump, conservatives and Trump supporters might get angry for a bit, but it would most likely quickly fizzle out once a new president was elected.

Neither ideological group would get any more angry than they already are at each other. Whatever political division can be had has already been created. If the parties aren’t already mad at one another for everything that’s happened just over the last two years, then they probably will never be mad enough, even if Trump were impeached.

In today’s political environment, if you haven’t already chosen hard sides by now, then you probably never will. And for the people that have chosen hard sides, Trump’s hypothetical impeachment couldn’t make sentiments any worse than they already are.

If we were going to have a civil war over Trump, we would have already had one in the last couple years.
If Congress is successful in removing President Tr... (show quote)


I don’t know about all of you, but I’d be very safe because we all think alike. We thank God for President Trump. He’s saved us from destruction.

| Reply
Oct 8, 2019 15:33:31   #
Carol Kelly (a regular here)
 
woodguru wrote:
I agree with the majority spoken here. We would see an escalation of mass murders though, pissed off people. There will be some butt hurt right wingers. Put it this way, I wouldn't put an anti trump bumper sticker on my truck in this county, Lol


See this language! Why does he get away with that stuff?

| Reply
Oct 8, 2019 15:45:27   #
Singularity (a regular here)
 
Carol Kelly wrote:
I don’t know about all of you, but I’d be very safe because we all think alike. We thank God for President Trump. He’s saved us from destruction.


I'm taking a new Karate Yoga Defense Class. Think I'll be safe, enough.

Kee!!!! Yah!

Oh yeah, forgot to kick. Lets see, now, left foot in, left foot out.

There we go!

Namaste.

Feel safer already. To think I have always avoided violence. Huh!

| Reply
Oct 8, 2019 15:53:06   #
SinnieK
 
slatten49 wrote:
If Congress is successful in removing President Trump, will it cause a Civil War-like fracture in this nation from which our country will never heal?

By Brandon Chai, Conservative Leaner living in a Liberal Bastion (with some editing)

I’ve heard a lot of this “civil war 2.0” type talk lately. Even I was guilty of believing something like this could happen at one point.

It is no secret that the political division in this country is pretty high right now. Name-slinging has become rampant. I’ve even lost some friends and stopped talking to certain family members because of it. However, I highly doubt that we will end up having a 2nd civil war right now. At least it probably wouldn’t be a hot war if we did.

The reason: Because father would have to go up against son. Mother against daughter. Sister against brother. Aunt against uncle. And cousin against aunt. Friends would also have to take up arms against friends. Co-workers against coworkers, etc.

I just don’t see this happening.

You see, during the time of the civil war, most families thought the same about certain issues. Whole areas often shared the same sentiments. Most pro-slavery sentiments were confined to the south while most anti-slavery sentiments were in the “north”. What we see today is much different. Families no longer think alike. Today, the kids of die-hard conservative parents might go off to college and become die hard liberals. Today, people in big cities tend to be more liberal so if you live in one of those areas, you might find yourself disagreeing with family members from more rural areas.

Also, there is a wide and densely scattered political party affiliation in the US today. So no, if Democrats successfully impeach Trump, conservatives and Trump supporters might get angry for a bit, but it would most likely quickly fizzle out once a new president was elected.

Neither ideological group would get any more angry than they already are at each other. Whatever political division can be had has already been created. If the parties aren’t already mad at one another for everything that’s happened just over the last two years, then they probably will never be mad enough, even if Trump were impeached.

In today’s political environment, if you haven’t already chosen hard sides by now, then you probably never will. And for the people that have chosen hard sides, Trump’s hypothetical impeachment couldn’t make sentiments any worse than they already are.

If we were going to have a civil war over Trump, we would have already had one in the last couple years.
If Congress is successful in removing President Tr... (show quote)


You could be right on one part of it, what you are describing would suit the majority of the people who live in the cities and those people are probably fall right into the category that you had described. But you seem to forget there was big group that live outside of the cities whose families are tie together and lives have been changing for the better because of what this President had done for them and the country. These are the people whom Obama called "the people who hold on to guns and Bibles". They were fed up with the Obama regime that almost completely destroy this country with his 'fundamental change' of America. And now they have a President who loves this country and really cares about Americans and these corrupted politician traitors are trying to force him out of the office that would not bode well for them.

Let me ask you this "if you knew the people who intentionally destroy you and your family life would you just let them do as they please or you rise up and fight back because I would and I am not sure that you do but again we are seeing thing differently".

| Reply
Oct 8, 2019 16:25:45   #
proud republican (a regular here)
 
slatten49 wrote:
If Congress is successful in removing President Trump, will it cause a Civil War-like fracture in this nation from which our country will never heal?

By Brandon Chai, Conservative Leaner living in a Liberal Bastion (with some editing)

I’ve heard a lot of this “civil war 2.0” type talk lately. Even I was guilty of believing something like this could happen at one point.

It is no secret that the political division in this country is pretty high right now. Name-slinging has become rampant. I’ve even lost some friends and stopped talking to certain family members because of it. However, I highly doubt that we will end up having a 2nd civil war right now. At least it probably wouldn’t be a hot war if we did.

The reason: Because father would have to go up against son. Mother against daughter. Sister against brother. Aunt against uncle. And cousin against aunt. Friends would also have to take up arms against friends. Co-workers against coworkers, etc.

I just don’t see this happening.

You see, during the time of the civil war, most families thought the same about certain issues. Whole areas often shared the same sentiments. Most pro-slavery sentiments were confined to the south while most anti-slavery sentiments were in the “north”. What we see today is much different. Families no longer think alike. Today, the kids of die-hard conservative parents might go off to college and become die hard liberals. Today, people in big cities tend to be more liberal so if you live in one of those areas, you might find yourself disagreeing with family members from more rural areas.

Also, there is a wide and densely scattered political party affiliation in the US today. So no, if Democrats successfully impeach Trump, conservatives and Trump supporters might get angry for a bit, but it would most likely quickly fizzle out once a new president was elected.

Neither ideological group would get any more angry than they already are at each other. Whatever political division can be had has already been created. If the parties aren’t already mad at one another for everything that’s happened just over the last two years, then they probably will never be mad enough, even if Trump were impeached.

In today’s political environment, if you haven’t already chosen hard sides by now, then you probably never will. And for the people that have chosen hard sides, Trump’s hypothetical impeachment couldn’t make sentiments any worse than they already are.

If we were going to have a civil war over Trump, we would have already had one in the last couple years.
If Congress is successful in removing President Tr... (show quote)

Even if you Rats will successfully Congress impeach in him, the Senate WILL NEVER convict him... So you Rats have nothing to worry about!!

| Reply
Oct 8, 2019 16:35:19   #
Radiance3 (a regular here)
 
slatten49 wrote:
If Congress is successful in removing President Trump, will it cause a Civil War-like fracture in this nation from which our country will never heal?

By Brandon Chai, Conservative Leaner living in a Liberal Bastion (with some editing)

I’ve heard a lot of this “civil war 2.0” type talk lately. Even I was guilty of believing something like this could happen at one point.

It is no secret that the political division in this country is pretty high right now. Name-slinging has become rampant. I’ve even lost some friends and stopped talking to certain family members because of it. However, I highly doubt that we will end up having a 2nd civil war right now. At least it probably wouldn’t be a hot war if we did.

The reason: Because father would have to go up against son. Mother against daughter. Sister against brother. Aunt against uncle. And cousin against aunt. Friends would also have to take up arms against friends. Co-workers against coworkers, etc.

I just don’t see this happening.

You see, during the time of the civil war, most families thought the same about certain issues. Whole areas often shared the same sentiments. Most pro-slavery sentiments were confined to the south while most anti-slavery sentiments were in the “north”. What we see today is much different. Families no longer think alike. Today, the kids of die-hard conservative parents might go off to college and become die hard liberals. Today, people in big cities tend to be more liberal so if you live in one of those areas, you might find yourself disagreeing with family members from more rural areas.

Also, there is a wide and densely scattered political party affiliation in the US today. So no, if Democrats successfully impeach Trump, conservatives and Trump supporters might get angry for a bit, but it would most likely quickly fizzle out once a new president was elected.

Neither ideological group would get any more angry than they already are at each other. Whatever political division can be had has already been created. If the parties aren’t already mad at one another for everything that’s happened just over the last two years, then they probably will never be mad enough, even if Trump were impeached.

In today’s political environment, if you haven’t already chosen hard sides by now, then you probably never will. And for the people that have chosen hard sides, Trump’s hypothetical impeachment couldn’t make sentiments any worse than they already are.

If we were going to have a civil war over Trump, we would have already had one in the last couple years.
If Congress is successful in removing President Tr... (show quote)

=================
President Trump is being impeached for doing his jobs. The 3 branches of government has its own separate powers provided by the constitution. Congress has been usurping the powers of the Executive branch under president Trump, and has been trying to nullify his elected office several ways. None has ever succeeded. The president has been exercising his powers vested by the constitution. Congress has been redefining that powers and taking away from him to render his election null and void.

First, let us review the executive powers laid down by the constitution of the united States.

The President is also chief executive, vested by the Constitution with broad powers. The President is also the nation's chief diplomat, the main author of American how to conduct diplomatic relations with all nations.
The Powers of the President
According to Article II of the Constitution the President has the following powers:
• Serve as commander in chief of the armed forces
• Commission officers of the armed forces
• Grant reprieves and pardons for federal offenses (except impeachment)
• Convene Congress in special sessions
• Receive ambassadors
• Take care that the laws be faithfully executed
• Wield the "executive power"
• Appoint Cabinet officials, White House staff and Supreme Court justices

Powers of the President That Are Shared with the Senate
• Make treaties
• Appoint ambassadors, Cabinet members and Supreme Court justices

Powers of the President That are Shared with Congress as a Whole
• Approve legislation.

Congress has been questioning his communication with Ukraine president. The president has his legal rights under his current duty to question Biden's illegal influence on the removing the prosecutor of Burisma holding, by using $1.5 billion of the taxpayers' funded money. This s where illegalities were created. And president Trump has by all means the rights to question that. He is doing his constitutional duties to protecting the American people against abuse of powers of the past VP.

Not questioning that illegal job of Biden is abandoning his duties as president of the United States. He is perfectly legal on his communication with Ukraine president.

Congress has been stripping him off of this vested power by accusing the president of a quid-pro-quo, or accusing the president because Biden is presently a candidate for the office.

The Biden crimes was created during the 2016 election. And president Trump currently as the president is perfectly legal to question that illegalities of Biden in 2016.

Congress ignored the crimes of Biden so as Hillary Clinton, who both must belong to the Big House, not anywhere else.

| Reply
Oct 8, 2019 16:41:07   #
Smedley_buzkill (a regular here)
 
slatten49 wrote:
If Congress is successful in removing President Trump, will it cause a Civil War-like fracture in this nation from which our country will never heal?

By Brandon Chai, Conservative Leaner living in a Liberal Bastion (with some editing)

I’ve heard a lot of this “civil war 2.0” type talk lately. Even I was guilty of believing something like this could happen at one point.

It is no secret that the political division in this country is pretty high right now. Name-slinging has become rampant. I’ve even lost some friends and stopped talking to certain family members because of it. However, I highly doubt that we will end up having a 2nd civil war right now. At least it probably wouldn’t be a hot war if we did.

The reason: Because father would have to go up against son. Mother against daughter. Sister against brother. Aunt against uncle. And cousin against aunt. Friends would also have to take up arms against friends. Co-workers against coworkers, etc.

I just don’t see this happening.

You see, during the time of the civil war, most families thought the same about certain issues. Whole areas often shared the same sentiments. Most pro-slavery sentiments were confined to the south while most anti-slavery sentiments were in the “north”. What we see today is much different. Families no longer think alike. Today, the kids of die-hard conservative parents might go off to college and become die hard liberals. Today, people in big cities tend to be more liberal so if you live in one of those areas, you might find yourself disagreeing with family members from more rural areas.

Also, there is a wide and densely scattered political party affiliation in the US today. So no, if Democrats successfully impeach Trump, conservatives and Trump supporters might get angry for a bit, but it would most likely quickly fizzle out once a new president was elected.

Neither ideological group would get any more angry than they already are at each other. Whatever political division can be had has already been created. If the parties aren’t already mad at one another for everything that’s happened just over the last two years, then they probably will never be mad enough, even if Trump were impeached.

In today’s political environment, if you haven’t already chosen hard sides by now, then you probably never will. And for the people that have chosen hard sides, Trump’s hypothetical impeachment couldn’t make sentiments any worse than they already are.

If we were going to have a civil war over Trump, we would have already had one in the last couple years.
If Congress is successful in removing President Tr... (show quote)


Mr. Chai is apparently under the impression that impeachment means removal. He should do his homework a bit better.

| Reply
Oct 8, 2019 16:42:08   #
woodguru (a regular here)
 
Carol Kelly wrote:
I don’t know about all of you, but I’d be very safe because we all think alike. We thank God for President Trump. He’s saved us from destruction.


I missed the part where this saving went on, he has created a lot of havoc and mistrust by our allies

| Reply
Oct 8, 2019 16:43:07   #
slatten49 (a regular here)
 
Radiance3 wrote:
=================
President Trump is being impeached for doing his jobs. The 3 branches of government has its own separate powers provided by the constitution. Congress has been usurping the powers of the Executive branch under president Trump, and has been trying to nullify his elected office several ways. None has ever succeeded. The president has been exercising his powers vested by the constitution. Congress has been redefining that powers and taking away from him to render his election null and void.

First, let us review the executive powers laid down by the constitution of the united States.

The President is also chief executive, vested by the Constitution with broad powers. The President is also the nation's chief diplomat, the main author of American how to conduct diplomatic relations with all nations.
The Powers of the President
According to Article II of the Constitution the President has the following powers:
• Serve as commander in chief of the armed forces
• Commission officers of the armed forces
• Grant reprieves and pardons for federal offenses (except impeachment)
• Convene Congress in special sessions
• Receive ambassadors
• Take care that the laws be faithfully executed
• Wield the "executive power"
• Appoint Cabinet officials, White House staff and Supreme Court justices

Powers of the President That Are Shared with the Senate
• Make treaties
• Appoint ambassadors, Cabinet members and Supreme Court justices

Powers of the President That are Shared with Congress as a Whole
• Approve legislation.

Congress has been questioning his communication with Ukraine president. The president has his legal rights under his current duty to question Biden's illegal influence on the removing the prosecutor of Burisma holding, by using $1.5 billion of the taxpayers' funded money. This s where illegalities were created. And president Trump has by all means the rights to question that. He is doing his constitutional duties to protecting the American people against abuse of powers of the past VP.

Not questioning that illegal job of Biden is abandoning his duties as president of the United States. He is perfectly legal on his communication with Ukraine president.

Congress has been stripping him off of this vested power by accusing the president of a quid-pro-quo, or accusing the president because Biden is presently a candidate for the office.

The Biden crimes was created during the 2016 election. And president Trump currently as the president is perfectly legal to question that illegalities of Biden in 2016.

Congress ignored the crimes of Biden so as Hillary Clinton, who both must belong to the Big House, not anywhere else.
================= br President Trump is being impe... (show quote)

Congressional oversight is oversight by the United States Congress over the Executive Branch, including the numerous U.S. federal agencies. Congressional oversight includes the review, monitoring, and supervision of federal agencies, programs, activities, and policy implementation. Congress exercises this power largely through its congressional committee system. Oversight also occurs in a wide variety of congressional activities and contexts. These include authorization, appropriations, investigative, and legislative hearings by standing committees; specialized investigations by select committees; and reviews and studies by congressional support agencies and staff.

https://constitutionallawreporter.com/necessary-and-proper-clause/

Congressional oversight is one of the “implied” powers granted to Congress by the “necessary and proper” clause of the Constitution. In empowering the legislative branch of government to oversee the executive branch, congressional oversight forms a key element of the system of checks and balances of power. The scope of Congress’ powers of oversight extends to virtually all programs, activities, regulations , and polices implemented by the presidential cabinet departments , independent executive agencies , regulatory boards and commissions, and the President of the United States.

https://courses.lumenlearning.com/boundless-politicalscience/chapter/the-oversight-function-of-congress/

| Reply
Oct 8, 2019 16:43:09   #
Smedley_buzkill (a regular here)
 
woodguru wrote:
I agree with the majority spoken here. We would see an escalation of mass murders though, pissed off people. There will be some butt hurt right wingers. Put it this way, I wouldn't put an anti trump bumper sticker on my truck in this county, Lol


Here are pictures of every mass murderer this year. So tell us how many look like rabid right wingers to you? There sure does seem to be a lot of soul in the right wing, wouldn't you say?



| Reply
Oct 8, 2019 16:56:33   #
Lonewolf (a regular here)
 
Carol Kelly wrote:
See this language! Why does he get away with that stuff?


Whats wrong with it you should be used to it listening to Trump

| Reply
Oct 8, 2019 17:00:23   #
Lonewolf (a regular here)
 
Radiance3 wrote:
=================
President Trump is being impeached for doing his jobs. The 3 branches of government has its own separate powers provided by the constitution. Congress has been usurping the powers of the Executive branch under president Trump, and has been trying to nullify his elected office several ways. None has ever succeeded. The president has been exercising his powers vested by the constitution. Congress has been redefining that powers and taking away from him to render his election null and void.

First, let us review the executive powers laid down by the constitution of the united States.

The President is also chief executive, vested by the Constitution with broad powers. The President is also the nation's chief diplomat, the main author of American how to conduct diplomatic relations with all nations.
The Powers of the President
According to Article II of the Constitution the President has the following powers:
• Serve as commander in chief of the armed forces
• Commission officers of the armed forces
• Grant reprieves and pardons for federal offenses (except impeachment)
• Convene Congress in special sessions
• Receive ambassadors
• Take care that the laws be faithfully executed
• Wield the "executive power"
• Appoint Cabinet officials, White House staff and Supreme Court justices

Powers of the President That Are Shared with the Senate
• Make treaties
• Appoint ambassadors, Cabinet members and Supreme Court justices

Powers of the President That are Shared with Congress as a Whole
• Approve legislation.

Congress has been questioning his communication with Ukraine president. The president has his legal rights under his current duty to question Biden's illegal influence on the removing the prosecutor of Burisma holding, by using $1.5 billion of the taxpayers' funded money. This s where illegalities were created. And president Trump has by all means the rights to question that. He is doing his constitutional duties to protecting the American people against abuse of powers of the past VP.

Not questioning that illegal job of Biden is abandoning his duties as president of the United States. He is perfectly legal on his communication with Ukraine president.

Congress has been stripping him off of this vested power by accusing the president of a quid-pro-quo, or accusing the president because Biden is presently a candidate for the office.

The Biden crimes was created during the 2016 election. And president Trump currently as the president is perfectly legal to question that illegalities of Biden in 2016.

Congress ignored the crimes of Biden so as Hillary Clinton, who both must belong to the Big House, not anywhere else.
================= br President Trump is being impe... (show quote)


There is no evidence biden or his son broke any laws!
As for Hillary you investigated her 3 years 35 million and found nothing

| Reply
Oct 8, 2019 17:16:10   #
jimpack123 (a regular here)
 
Lonewolf wrote:
Whats wrong with it you should be used to it listening to Trump


the only civil war will be with words as Trump is clueless he is hanging himself day by day admitting to crimes everyday and yes just maybe the GOP is getting sick of him also I could handle a year of Pence

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 39 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.