One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
We’re in trouble.
Page: <<prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 next>>
Sep 13, 2019 18:29:32   #
badbobby Loc: texas
 
bahmer wrote:
My nephew and his wife are home schooling their four boys and they are smart and well mannered and I just can't say enough good things about them.


prolly cause the're kin to you bahm

| Reply
Sep 13, 2019 18:30:49   #
bahmer
 
badbobby wrote:
prolly cause the're kin to you bahm


Aw thank you that was nice of you to say that,

| Reply
Sep 13, 2019 18:45:38   #
Iliamna1
 
But that's what home schooling typically produces.

| Reply
Sep 13, 2019 18:58:07   #
debeda
 
Iliamna1 wrote:
HOME SCHOOL. HOME SCHOOL. HOME SCHOOL. ALL THOSE PROBLEMS WOULD GO AWAY. Yes, there are sacrifices to do this, but the children learn how to read phonetically, do math, spell and real American hitsory and the family is strengthened. And you can forget the thuggish, leftist teacher's uions.


A lot of areas have home school co ops

| Reply
Sep 13, 2019 19:44:22   #
Coos Bay Tom Loc: coos bay oregon
 
Geo wrote:
Kid's and Teacher's intelligence potential hasn't changed, what has changed is funding of public schools.
Public Schools haven't failed, the GOP has failed America by cutting education across the U.S. in-order to promote Private Schools. Most people can't afford some of these private schools, but the GOP backed wealthy, are being subsidized with their children's education at the expense of the rest of America.
Once again the GOP unsung motto shows true, "I've got mine, screw you".
The wealthy do not want to contribute to the general education as they once used to, they only worry about their own and the increased advantage it gives their children against the badly funded public education system. When they cut funding to schools, you can bet its not to the schools that their kids are attending.
Kid's and Teacher's intelligence potential hasn't ... (show quote)


I believe the truth in that. People who can afford Charter schools should by all means use them but for the average worker public schools are neccesary for the education of their children. If all public school funding was taken away our "proficiency rate" would go down to single digits.

| Reply
Sep 13, 2019 19:52:05   #
Coos Bay Tom Loc: coos bay oregon
 
Iliamna1 wrote:
But that's what home schooling typically produces.


I would like to think it always works that way. The next street over is family who have home schooled their kids. Their parents are dropouts from society and home school fits for them. These kids are very in sophisticated and the teenage boys who rebelled and left can barely read.

| Reply
Sep 13, 2019 20:11:52   #
Seth
 
debeda wrote:
A lot of areas have home school co ops


Which just goes to show how the private sector is much more positive-results oriented than the government the Democrats and their leftist ilk want us to depend on for every last detail of our existence.

| Reply
Sep 13, 2019 20:14:35   #
tactful Loc: bright side of the moon,fl
 
Seth wrote:
Slow down, it's hard to grasp what you're typing, there. Go easy on the meth if you're gonna post.


I understand.

the price of anything is the exchange of life you're willing to pay for it.

Don't study Me You won't graduate. 😊

| Reply
Sep 13, 2019 20:16:18   #
Seth
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
I believe the truth in that. People who can afford Charter schools should by all means use them but for the average worker public schools are neccesary for the education of their children. If all public school funding was taken away our "proficiency rate" would go down to single digits.


The way it works is that the government passes on the average cost of educating a student to the charter school instead of the public school system.

The taxpayer cost is the same, but the charter school kids get a much better education and most emerge college ready.

| Reply
Sep 13, 2019 20:41:03   #
Iliamna1
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
I would like to think it always works that way. The next street over is family who have home schooled their kids. Their parents are dropouts from society and home school fits for them. These kids are very in sophisticated and the teenage boys who rebelled and left can barely read.


I understand. I have seen excellent results from the HS and a few notable failures. Although I don't have children of my own, I've been involved in tutoring math and home schooling for over 25 years. Indubitably, hoe home schooled children were some of the best behaved groups of youth I've ever dealt with and as adults, they've held good jobs, many went to college, and have successful careers, I only know of one young woman who ended up living at her parents home (and still is) and it is a sad circumstance.

| Reply
Sep 13, 2019 20:47:00   #
debeda
 
Seth wrote:
Which just goes to show how the private sector is much more positive-results oriented than the government the Democrats and their leftist ilk want us to depend on for every last detail of our existence.



| Reply
Sep 13, 2019 20:56:08   #
Coos Bay Tom Loc: coos bay oregon
 
Iliamna1 wrote:
I understand. I have seen excellent results from the HS and a few notable failures. Although I don't have children of my own, I've been involved in tutoring math and home schooling for over 25 years. Indubitably, hoe home schooled children were some of the best behaved groups of youth I've ever dealt with and as adults, they've held good jobs, many went to college, and have successful careers, I only know of one young woman who ended up living at her parents home (and still is) and it is a sad circumstance.
I understand. I have seen excellent results from ... (show quote)
Thank you for your kind reply.I did not home school my kids but I read to them and used flash cards to teach them numbers colors and ABCs. When your 5 year old is able to read before a teacher taught them you know you have accomplished something.

| Reply
Sep 13, 2019 21:16:57   #
Rose42
 
Kevyn wrote:
22% of what exactly? Who determined proficiency and how was it measured? Obviously you are below 22% proficient in your statistics course or you would never post such nonsense. The disgrace is that you would post such crap and so many here agree with something of which they have no understanding. If you want to know what is disgraceful it is the fact that a vast majority of republicans when interviewed agreed with the policy of bombing Agrabah. Agrabah is the fictional city in the Aladdin movie. Blind sheep ripe picking for a carnival barking con man, a disgrace indeed.
22% of what exactly? Who determined proficiency an... (show quote)


Sounds similar to the liberals who fell for Penn & Teller’s ban water petition which is even more stupid.

Blind sheep indeed.

| Reply
Sep 13, 2019 22:49:45   #
Ricktloml
 
Seth wrote:
Slow down, it's hard to grasp what you're typing, there. Go easy on the meth if you're gonna post.


When you are poisoned by hate it's hard to be rational. What I got if you point out what the Democrat/socialist Party has done to the education system they have been in charge of for 50 years, or what they are openly advocating now, why you're, guess what? a racist. The left has been simmering and seething in their hatred now for almost 3 years, (before Americans actually rejected the Democrat/socialist Party candidate they had utter contempt for citizens who didn't bow down to the left, now it's unabashed, unbridled hate,)and the Democrat/socialist Party's propaganda wing has also been stoking that hate on a daily basis. There can be no rational or constructive discussion. If you disagree with any of the left's radical, tyrannical, anti-Constitutional diatribes you are one of the many "ists" or "phobes" which spew out of their unhinged mouths. You could almost have pity on these poor deranged souls, except they ARE so hate-filled and vicious, they a can be dangerous.

| Reply
Sep 13, 2019 22:59:38   #
Seth
 
Ricktloml wrote:
When you are poisoned by hate it's hard to be rational. What I got if you point out what the Democrat/socialist Party has done to the education system they have been in charge of for 50 years, or what they are openly advocating now, why you're, guess what? a racist. The left has been simmering and seething in their hatred now for almost 3 years, (before Americans actually rejected the Democrat/socialist Party candidate they had utter contempt for citizens who didn't bow down to the left, now it's unabashed, unbridled hate,)and the Democrat/socialist Party's propaganda wing has also been stoking that hate on a daily basis. There can be no rational or constructive discussion. If you disagree with any of the left's radical, tyrannical, anti-Constitutional diatribes you are one of the many "ists" or "phobes" which spew out of their unhinged mouths. You could almost have pity on these poor deranged souls, except they ARE so hate-filled and vicious, they a can be dangerous.
When you are poisoned by hate it's hard to be rati... (show quote)


Yup, look at all the same kind of people who flocked to the beer halls in Germany in the early 1930s, and years before them, all the Russians who drank Marx Kool-Aid®.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.