One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Do You Think Or Do You Believe?
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next>>
Sep 11, 2019 12:06:35   #
manning5 (a regular here)
 
Wrong Way Corrigan was a bright thinker, but he made one mistake!

| Reply
Sep 11, 2019 14:16:58   #
permafrost (a regular here)
 
cbpat1 wrote:
So, by framing the question in the way you did, you automatically take away any comparison to them, which is unfair.

And I love the way you say “Thinkers have the ability to absorb new information”, like you are some kind of intellectual, woodie.

Your crazier than usual lately, even for you, are you feeling alright?

Yes, we Trump supporters are very angry people. Angry because the democrats that ran for Congress promised us utopia, and all I see them doing is rag about the president and nothing else. Nothing in the way of legislation.
So, by framing the question in the way you did, yo... (show quote)



Much of the should be legislation is sitting on McConnell desk, waiting for the end of time for getting anything done. the same as during the President Obama terms.. nothing but obstruction.. do not allow any thing by the Democrats to be passed..

| Reply
Sep 11, 2019 14:47:43   #
Smedley_buzkill (a regular here)
 
woodguru wrote:
Thinkers weigh facts and think what they mean, and make decisions accordingly. Higher forms of thinking and processing may have already made up their minds, but new facts can easily cause them to modify or change their thinking. Faced with opposing information they will want to hear about and find out more. Believers choose the sources they decide to believe, and the ones they have decided to believe do not even have to make any logical sense or fit known facts. New information that opposes already formed belief causes anger and denial, they will shut down and refuse to hear anything else.

Thinkers have the ability to absorb new information that is not what they want to hear.

Faced with opposing facts, believers resort to attacks on unrelated and irrelevant, think about responses to a Trump incident with the "but what about Hillary or Obama"?
Thinkers weigh facts and think what they mean, and... (show quote)


That makes you a true believer. Anything Trump does or says is bad, any unfounded, unverified lie a left wing shill states about Trump is gospel truth as long as it is damaging.

| Reply
Sep 11, 2019 15:39:12   #
Peewee (a regular here)
 
Smedley_buzkill wrote:
That makes you a true believer. Anything Trump does or says is bad, any unfounded, unverified lie a left wing shill states about Trump is gospel truth as long as it is damaging.


They must not do anything to make America safer or greater.

| Reply
Sep 11, 2019 15:49:42   #
Lt. Rob Polans ret. (a regular here)
 
woodguru wrote:
Thinkers weigh facts and think what they mean, and make decisions accordingly. Higher forms of thinking and processing may have already made up their minds, but new facts can easily cause them to modify or change their thinking. Faced with opposing information they will want to hear about and find out more. Believers choose the sources they decide to believe, and the ones they have decided to believe do not even have to make any logical sense or fit known facts. New information that opposes already formed belief causes anger and denial, they will shut down and refuse to hear anything else.

Thinkers have the ability to absorb new information that is not what they want to hear.

Faced with opposing facts, believers resort to attacks on unrelated and irrelevant, think about responses to a Trump incident with the "but what about Hillary or Obama"?
Thinkers weigh facts and think what they mean, and... (show quote)


Um, I'd need an example of "but what about Hillary or Obama" to know what the hell you were talking about. You do know that was an 8-year crime spree? I think Navigator captured most, there are just a couple of things that were missed half-truths that were spun to mean whatever was wanted and Republicans are also guilty of this. Not as much, and they are more analytical, but it's why I've severed ties with any political party. THEY ARE JUST OUT FOR THEMSELVES. I can do a better job of that for myself by myself.

| Reply
Sep 11, 2019 16:10:20   #
woodguru (a regular here)
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
Simply put based on what you said to you anyone who agrees with you is a thinker and any who disagrees is just a believer. I know that is what you BELIEVE.


That was too simple liberty, what I'm saying has nothing to do with whether you believe me, it has to do with all the other ways you take in information. You happen to be one of the really hard line believers because you can look at posted articles that draw on documents and proof and you reject it as fake news if it doesn't go with your beliefs. Your type chooses to believe Barr's three pages of irrelevant BS rather than what a comprehensive outline and list of proofs and where they came from.

| Reply
Sep 11, 2019 16:17:43   #
woodguru (a regular here)
 
Navigator wrote:
This is an easy one: Democrats believe, Republicans think and supporters of DJT know.


Actually you are wrong and have that backwards. MSM sources as a rule constantly display and show the documents they are reporting on to where you can see indictments and court documents that are what they are and can't be misrepresented, while FOX as a rule has nothing but their people like Hannity showing nothing but representing lies without proofs. They use words like "we all know", "as you know", "everyone knows", and their viewers have total faith that what they heard was the truth without ever seeing documents. In fact many if offered the chance to read posted documents will say those are just fake.

I could post sections of the Mueller report and many of the hardest line believers would refuse to read the proof, but would label the post as lies.

Anytime you show me original documents to support a position I will believe them.

| Reply
Sep 11, 2019 16:39:57   #
woodguru (a regular here)
 
Pennylynn wrote:
Many of what you label as beliefs are simple opinions. Most opinions do not make a difference in our daily life, we form opinions based on plausibility. It is my opinion that US put men on the moon...it is plausible. On the contrast, a belief is a mental notions that are required for or deemed necessary for life choices.

You gave us your opinion of Conservative Republicans and in your opinion we are inflexible. It should come as no surprise that we see Progressive Liberal Democrats as rather dimwitted because they refuse to recognize the sterile facts of economics. We see complaining about the President is self defeating and makes the complainer nothing more than an annoying squeaky wheel. It seems that all complainers do is copy and paste what is written in the news. No viable solutions are ever presented, just a steady stream of repeating the opinions of your favorite talking head.
Many of what you label as beliefs are simple opini... (show quote)


In that mode perhaps Barr's conclusions about the Mueller report were opinions he happened to be very much wrong about, in fact he had intentionally misrepresented what Mueller was saying? Anyone who has stopped at what Barr reported in four pages is believing Barr and refusing to use their intellect to go over real aspects of the Mueller report.

Those talking heads you refer to? I don't believe any of them unless they are putting the actual documents and quotes and sources up to see so that I can get an idea of context and where it came from.

I don't need to see mainstream media beating up the Trump economy to know which way it is headed by personal experience and what I can see when I look around. I drive around and I am seeing more for sale signs on houses than I've seen in eight years, I get gas and prices are up from three years ago, never a good sign because people I know feel that, I look at a popular restaurant that should be packed at 6:00 on a Thursday and it's damn near empty... these are the signs that I can look around me and see.

So when a right wing source or the president says the economy is great I know...not believe, I know they are full of crap. A believer hears that and believes it and believes all the negative being covered in the mainstream is the fake news, the economy is booming because Trump and FOX says so.

| Reply
Sep 11, 2019 17:22:25   #
Tug484 (a regular here)
 
Smedley_buzkill wrote:
That makes you a true believer. Anything Trump does or says is bad, any unfounded, unverified lie a left wing shill states about Trump is gospel truth as long as it is damaging.


They aren't passing these bills because they're not even good enough to be used as TP.
The left makes me SMH.

| Reply
Sep 11, 2019 18:25:12   #
America 1
 
woodguru wrote:
In that mode perhaps Barr's conclusions about the Mueller report were opinions he happened to be very much wrong about, in fact he had intentionally misrepresented what Mueller was saying? Anyone who has stopped at what Barr reported in four pages is believing Barr and refusing to use their intellect to go over real aspects of the Mueller report.

Those talking heads you refer to? I don't believe any of them unless they are putting the actual documents and quotes and sources up to see so that I can get an idea of context and where it came from.

I don't need to see mainstream media beating up the Trump economy to know which way it is headed by personal experience and what I can see when I look around. I drive around and I am seeing more for sale signs on houses than I've seen in eight years, I get gas and prices are up from three years ago, never a good sign because people I know feel that, I look at a popular restaurant that should be packed at 6:00 on a Thursday and it's damn near empty... these are the signs that I can look around me and see.

So when a right wing source or the president says the economy is great I know...not believe, I know they are full of crap. A believer hears that and believes it and believes all the negative being covered in the mainstream is the fake news, the economy is booming because Trump and FOX says so.
In that mode perhaps Barr's conclusions about the ... (show quote)


The economy is BOOMING because people are working.
Unlike the load of crap posted by you daily.

| Reply
Sep 11, 2019 19:51:09   #
roy
 
America 1 wrote:
The economy is BOOMING because people are working.
Unlike the load of crap posted by you daily.


Yea alot of people are working at 1989 wages,how the hell is that a boom,

| Reply
Sep 11, 2019 21:30:52   #
Ricktloml (a regular here)
 
Navigator wrote:
This is an easy one: Democrats believe, Republicans think and supporters of DJT know.


Gee, that was a good one.

| Reply
Sep 11, 2019 21:55:51   #
Tug484 (a regular here)
 
roy wrote:
Yea alot of people are working at 1989 wages,how the hell is that a boom,


Well out here, they still get 1959 wages because of all the illegals.
At least in one part of the oilfield.

| Reply
Sep 11, 2019 22:11:55   #
Navigator (a regular here)
 
woodguru wrote:
In that mode perhaps Barr's conclusions about the Mueller report were opinions he happened to be very much wrong about, in fact he had intentionally misrepresented what Mueller was saying? Anyone who has stopped at what Barr reported in four pages is believing Barr and refusing to use their intellect to go over real aspects of the Mueller report.

Those talking heads you refer to? I don't believe any of them unless they are putting the actual documents and quotes and sources up to see so that I can get an idea of context and where it came from.

I don't need to see mainstream media beating up the Trump economy to know which way it is headed by personal experience and what I can see when I look around. I drive around and I am seeing more for sale signs on houses than I've seen in eight years, I get gas and prices are up from three years ago, never a good sign because people I know feel that, I look at a popular restaurant that should be packed at 6:00 on a Thursday and it's damn near empty... these are the signs that I can look around me and see.

So when a right wing source or the president says the economy is great I know...not believe, I know they are full of crap. A believer hears that and believes it and believes all the negative being covered in the mainstream is the fake news, the economy is booming because Trump and FOX says so.
In that mode perhaps Barr's conclusions about the ... (show quote)


No, the economy is doing well because it is.

| Reply
Sep 11, 2019 22:39:18   #
debeda (a regular here)
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
Simply put based on what you said to you anyone who agrees with you is a thinker and any who disagrees is just a believer. I know that is what you BELIEVE.



| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.