One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Shooter Walks Free As Police Tackle,...
Page: <<prev 1 2 3
Aug 15, 2019 11:29:09   #
AuntiE Loc: 46th Least Free State
 
youngwilliam wrote:
Who are the "people " in the second?


George Mason: “I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people.”(Elliott, Debates, 425-426)

| Reply
Aug 15, 2019 19:21:32   #
Gatsby
 
PeterS wrote:
The second amendment was written with the intention of having a well-regulated militia replace a freestanding army. But conservatives want both their guns and the worlds largest military begging the question what is the purpose of the second amendment today...


The success of our Revolution proved that a well armed "rabble" CAN overcome

the most powerful army in the world!

| Reply
Aug 15, 2019 21:07:26   #
Navigator
 
PeterS wrote:
The second amendment was written with the intention of having a well-regulated militia replace a freestanding army. But conservatives want both their guns and the worlds largest military begging the question what is the purpose of the second amendment today...


The 2nd Amendment was written to ensure a well armed populace would be able to counter a tyrannical or genocidal government whether that government had a well-regulated militia or a permanent army. Any government or philosophy that is inclined to become despotic will first seek to register all guns then confiscate them. The 2nd Amendment was designed to prevent that from happening while the government was still amenable to civilized discussion and to prevent the government from ever going off the rails in the first place knowing that hundreds of millions of people with hundreds of millions of very capable guns would not allow it. This country will not have benevolent governments forever and we should all be very concerned when attempts to register all guns become serious.

| Reply
Aug 15, 2019 22:30:58   #
emarine
 
Navigator wrote:
You obviously don't see my point as your post addresses nothing I said and, in addition, doesn't make any sense.




I apologize for my short sighted reply... when Jim Mattis stepped down as secretary of defense I lost faith in our Military's ability to recognize ternary from within … this President demands loyalty for himself not America …

| Reply
Aug 15, 2019 22:34:42   #
youngwilliam
 
emarine wrote:
I apologize for my short sighted reply... when Jim Mattis stepped down as secretary of defense I lost faith in our Military's ability to recognize ternary from within … this President demands loyalty for himself not America …


That statement is just not true.

| Reply
Aug 15, 2019 22:37:55   #
Rose42
 
Navigator wrote:
I agree. The problem is those you intend to compromise with have no intention of compromising and your 10 round clip will become a 7, then a 5 and then it won't matter b/c the weapon meant to take those magazines will be banned. To anyone really paying attention, this should be as obvious as the nose on your face.


Exactly right. There is no compromising with them. They will keep pushing. There is no middle ground here because they don’t have a valid position to start from

| Reply
Aug 15, 2019 22:50:03   #
emarine
 
youngwilliam wrote:
That statement is just not true.




All trump seats for SOD are big Military contractors with law degrees rather than combat experienced leaders like Mattis…

| Reply
Aug 15, 2019 23:05:34   #
AuntiE Loc: 46th Least Free State
 
emarine wrote:
All trump seats for SOD are big Military contractors with law degrees rather than combat experienced leaders like Mattis…


Somewhat like Leon Pannetta and Ash Carter, ie no military..much less, combat experience.

| Reply
Aug 15, 2019 23:11:59   #
emarine
 
AuntiE wrote:
Somewhat like Leon Pannetta and Ash Carter, ie no military..much less, combat experience.




Exactly, those two retards could have sold sporting goods for a living instead...

| Reply
Aug 15, 2019 23:24:17   #
AuntiE Loc: 46th Least Free State
 
emarine wrote:
Exactly, those two retards could have sold sporting goods for a living instead...


You give them too much credit. Would you buy tennis or golf balls from them? What about entrusting them to properly fit you for running shoes?

| Reply
Aug 16, 2019 00:08:48   #
emarine
 
AuntiE wrote:
You give them too much credit. Would you buy tennis or golf balls from them? What about entrusting them to properly fit you for running shoes?




Don't have time for tennis but I do drive golf balls at the deer that collect in my back pastures hoping to knock one out... so far after about 12 years I've only managed to nail a buck in the butt at 100 yards... this only spooked him, he was back in a few hours... Like trump I suck at golf too... I could just shoot the dear but it angers my wife... I have tried clubbing deer from a golf cart but they are too dam fast... I had a hard time sharing this...

| Reply
Aug 16, 2019 06:04:20   #
gaconservative74
 
emarine wrote:
Don't have time for tennis but I do drive golf balls at the deer that collect in my back pastures hoping to knock one out... so far after about 12 years I've only managed to nail a buck in the butt at 100 yards... this only spooked him, he was back in a few hours... Like trump I suck at golf too... I could just shoot the dear but it angers my wife... I have tried clubbing deer from a golf cart but they are too dam fast... I had a hard time sharing this...


Yeah, go with the 30-06. She’ll get over it!!! Lol

| Reply
Aug 16, 2019 07:13:00   #
AuntiE Loc: 46th Least Free State
 
emarine wrote:
Don't have time for tennis but I do drive golf balls at the deer that collect in my back pastures hoping to knock one out... so far after about 12 years I've only managed to nail a buck in the butt at 100 yards... this only spooked him, he was back in a few hours... Like trump I suck at golf too... I could just shoot the dear but it angers my wife... I have tried clubbing deer from a golf cart but they are too dam fast... I had a hard time sharing this...


I have your answer for shooting the deer without causing marital disharmony.



| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.