One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
The Census Citizenship Question
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next>>
Jul 8, 2019 06:14:01   #
ACP45 (a regular here)
 
"NPR, quoting the Urban Institute, says the census threatens to put “more than 4 million people at risk of being undocumented.” The headline warns the addition of the question could lead to “worst undercount of black, Latinx people in 30 years.”

But the framing implies Trump is the first U.S. President to include a question on citizenship, when in fact Trump is simply following the established and understandable tradition of asking those who fill out the form if they’re actually Americans.

The charge against Trump is one that demands reframing – Obama was the first to not include a question on citizenship, naturalization, or nativity in almost 200 years. The Trump administration is simply undoing Obama’s 8-year effort to distort the status quo."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-07/trumps-citizenship-question-isnt-controversial-obama-deleting-it-shouldve-been

In short, it is pretty obvious that NPR has gotten this issue wrong.
https://www.npr.org/2018/03/27/597436512/fact-check-has-citizenship-been-a-standard-census-question

| Reply
Jul 8, 2019 06:58:27   #
DaWg44
 
Government at every level needs accurate figures for budgeting, not just aid programs, schools, police, emergency services, water, electricity, everything the public expects from the city, county, state.

A prime example is the number of ballots, voting machines needed. The left complained loudly about voting lines in 2018. Just how in the world are local governments supposed to plan for the event?

The people fighting against the question are hurting the very people they are trying to protect just so they can have them vote. There is no other valid reason.

NPR gets a lot of things wrong. I quit listening to the classical music on it 30 years ago because of their biased reporting of events I saw for myself in Atlanta. What I saw in person was totally different than what they were broadcasting.

| Reply
Jul 8, 2019 07:55:12   #
PeterS (a regular here)
 
ACP45 wrote:
"NPR, quoting the Urban Institute, says the census threatens to put “more than 4 million people at risk of being undocumented.” The headline warns the addition of the question could lead to “worst undercount of black, Latinx people in 30 years.”

But the framing implies Trump is the first U.S. President to include a question on citizenship, when in fact Trump is simply following the established and understandable tradition of asking those who fill out the form if they’re actually Americans.

The charge against Trump is one that demands reframing – Obama was the first to not include a question on citizenship, naturalization, or nativity in almost 200 years. The Trump administration is simply undoing Obama’s 8-year effort to distort the status quo."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-07/trumps-citizenship-question-isnt-controversial-obama-deleting-it-shouldve-been

In short, it is pretty obvious that NPR has gotten this issue wrong.
https://www.npr.org/2018/03/27/597436512/fact-check-has-citizenship-been-a-standard-census-question
"NPR, quoting the Urban Institute, says the c... (show quote)

The only reason for the citizenship question is to force an undercount of minorities living in the United States. It is a question directed at race and why it was squashed by the Supreme Court. It would seem not all of the Conservatives on the court are as racist as those in the remainder of the country...thank god!

| Reply
Jul 8, 2019 08:08:33   #
maximus (a regular here)
 
PeterS wrote:
The only reason for the citizenship question is to force an undercount of minorities living in the United States. It is a question directed at race and why it was squashed by the Supreme Court. It would seem not all of the Conservatives on the court are as racist as those in the remainder of the country...thank god!




I worked in a hotel turned section 8 housing that had a bit over 200 units. ALL of those people had a photo ID. It was no problem for them to get the ID. In fact, a visitor had to have a photo ID just to get into the building. So, what you say is just not true.

| Reply
Jul 8, 2019 08:13:49   #
badbob85037
 
ACP45 wrote:
"NPR, quoting the Urban Institute, says the census threatens to put “more than 4 million people at risk of being undocumented.” The headline warns the addition of the question could lead to “worst undercount of black, Latinx people in 30 years.”

But the framing implies Trump is the first U.S. President to include a question on citizenship, when in fact Trump is simply following the established and understandable tradition of asking those who fill out the form if they’re actually Americans.

The charge against Trump is one that demands reframing – Obama was the first to not include a question on citizenship, naturalization, or nativity in almost 200 years. The Trump administration is simply undoing Obama’s 8-year effort to distort the status quo."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-07/trumps-citizenship-question-isnt-controversial-obama-deleting-it-shouldve-been

In short, it is pretty obvious that NPR has gotten this issue wrong.
https://www.npr.org/2018/03/27/597436512/fact-check-has-citizenship-been-a-standard-census-question
"NPR, quoting the Urban Institute, says the c... (show quote)


There are 22 million illegals in the US. That equals to a lot of US Representatives in the House.

| Reply
Jul 8, 2019 08:26:08   #
Liberty Tree (a regular here)
 
badbob85037 wrote:
There are 22 million illegals in the US. That equals to a lot of US Representatives in the House.


Democrats are the real racists. They oppose the citizenship question just so they can use illegals and non citizens to increase their voting block and representation in Congress. That is all they care about them.

| Reply
Jul 8, 2019 08:47:30   #
Seth (a regular here)
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
Democrats are the real racists. They oppose the citizenship question just so they can use illegals and non citizens to increase their voting block and representation in Congress. That is all they care about them.


That's exactly right. It pads the number of people recorded as living in a given state, and looking at California's non-citizen population alone, well...

| Reply
Jul 8, 2019 08:50:02   #
Radiance3 (a regular here)
 
PeterS wrote:
The only reason for the citizenship question is to force an undercount of minorities living in the United States. It is a question directed at race and why it was squashed by the Supreme Court. It would seem not all of the Conservatives on the court are as racist as those in the remainder of the country...thank god!

=============
Removing the citizenship question would undermine the number of black citizens. Majority of the illegals consist of Hispanics. Adversely affected would be the black conservative voters, and conservative blacks running for election.

Removing citizenship question from the Census is unconstitutional. These are the most affected problems.
1.It disenfranchises the Conservative citizen voters. I explained that earlier. Due to illegal voting as proven every election. Victory is therefore granted to democrats with more votes. But huge number are illegals.

2.It also violates the rights of the citizens on the Declaration of Independence by Thomas Jefferson, Jul. 4, 1776. Declaration applied to all citizens only.
Excerpt:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

The redistricting.
3. Due to increase of illegal aliens in most democrat states like California, NY, Washington, Oregon, Hawaii, etc. Therefore there will be adding more democrat districts.

As a result Democrats will always win the election. GOP has no chance of winning. Again that will disenfranchise the citizens of the United States. The citizens mostly provide the largest tax revenue to the federal government. Taxation without representation. We will become the provider but put to slavery. History repeats itself, only the citizens are adversely affected.
It is therefore unconstitutional. It does not represent the consent of the governed, the citizens.


Citizenship Census has been required since 1970. Why remove now? It is a politicization and abolishment of the citizens' constitutional rights.

| Reply
Jul 8, 2019 08:55:07   #
Smedley_buzkill (a regular here)
 
PeterS wrote:
The only reason for the citizenship question is to force an undercount of minorities living in the United States. It is a question directed at race and why it was squashed by the Supreme Court. It would seem not all of the Conservatives on the court are as racist as those in the remainder of the country...thank god!


The reason to exclude the Citizenship question is to take advantage of California's 2.8 million wetbacks to increase Democrap representation in the US House. The question was on the 1950, 1970,1980,1990 and 2000 census with no trouble at all. It was removed under Obama.

| Reply
Jul 8, 2019 09:03:47   #
lindajoy
 
badbob85037 wrote:
There are 22 million illegals in the US. That equals to a lot of US Representatives in the House.


Bingo!!

| Reply
Jul 8, 2019 09:05:54   #
lindajoy
 
Smedley_buzkill wrote:
The reason to exclude the Citizenship question is to take advantage of California's 2.8 million wetbacks to increase Democrap representation in the US House. The question was on the 1950, 1970,1980,1990 and 2000 census with no trouble at all. It was removed under Obama.


you're going to confuse them~~

| Reply
Jul 8, 2019 09:10:16   #
Larry the Legend
 
ACP45 wrote:
"NPR, quoting the Urban Institute, says the census threatens to put “more than 4 million people at risk of being undocumented.”

'Put them at risk'? How is that possible when they're already 'undocumented'? How can they 'risk' being something that they already are?

ACP45 wrote:
The headline warns the addition of the question could lead to “worst undercount of black, Latinx people in 30 years.”

I could hear the heads exploding as I read that. Why would there be an 'undercount' (whatever that is)? Everybody gets counted, regardless of citizenship. And how does being black or 'Latinx' (?) have anything to do with citizenship?

Your slip is showing...

| Reply
Jul 8, 2019 09:23:54   #
Radiance3 (a regular here)
 
lindajoy wrote:
Bingo!!

===========
Hi Linda,
The 22 million illegals could have lots of districts to add. Therefore democrats will always win the election. No chance for GOP's.

As reported, it will approximately cost $15.6 billion to conduct this Census. But the most important element is not included. "The Citizenship Question"
Taxation without representation.

The $15.6 billion paid by us taxpayers has become the political correctness of Mr. Obama.

Mr. President must include "us- the citizens". I emailed him last July 5th, to include the citizenship question in the Census, and explained the reasons why it is necessary. Omission will be a violation of our constitutional rights. Good day!

| Reply
Jul 8, 2019 12:58:18   #
ACP45 (a regular here)
 
PeterS wrote:
The only reason for the citizenship question is to force an undercount of minorities living in the United States. It is a question directed at race and why it was squashed by the Supreme Court. It would seem not all of the Conservatives on the court are as racist as those in the remainder of the country...thank god!


Peter - Whether a person is or is not a minority has no bearing on whether they are a US Citizen. So I don't understand your point in linking the two separate and distinct categories of people. Perhaps you misspoke, and meant to say that asking the citizenship question would lead some non-citizens who are here illegally from wanting to complete the census. However, the Supreme Court has already ruled unanimously that illegal immigrants and other non-citizens can be counted when states draw their legislative districts.

So the only two remaining issues are 1) whether a non-citizen is afraid that stating that they are a non-citizen will possible flag them for possible deportation at a later date, or 2) be tied into a central data base that will compare their answer on citizenship to whether or not they vote in a presidential election. Do you agree?

You do realize that it is already illegal for a non-citizen to vote in a presidential election, correct? Is that what is really worrying you?
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/4/supreme-court-illegals-count-apportionment/

| Reply
Jul 8, 2019 13:19:42   #
Common_Sense_Matters
 
ACP45 wrote:
"NPR, quoting the Urban Institute, says the census threatens to put “more than 4 million people at risk of being undocumented.” The headline warns the addition of the question could lead to “worst undercount of black, Latinx people in 30 years.”

But the framing implies Trump is the first U.S. President to include a question on citizenship, when in fact Trump is simply following the established and understandable tradition of asking those who fill out the form if they’re actually Americans.

The charge against Trump is one that demands reframing – Obama was the first to not include a question on citizenship, naturalization, or nativity in almost 200 years. The Trump administration is simply undoing Obama’s 8-year effort to distort the status quo."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-07/trumps-citizenship-question-isnt-controversial-obama-deleting-it-shouldve-been

In short, it is pretty obvious that NPR has gotten this issue wrong.
https://www.npr.org/2018/03/27/597436512/fact-check-has-citizenship-been-a-standard-census-question
"NPR, quoting the Urban Institute, says the c... (show quote)


Interesting, so, the census taken in 2000 doesn't count? Or was the citizenship question being left off the short form Obama's fault as well? I found the 2000 U.S. census form on the census.gov website, it too doesn't include a citizenship question on the short form. Looks as though NPR didn't get it wrong, zerohedge did.

Source: https://www.census.gov/history/pdf/2000_short_form.pdf

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.