One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
People On Both Sides Object To Fake News...There Is A Common Sense Solution
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 4 next>>
Jun 10, 2019 11:28:35   #
woodguru (a regular here)
 
Mainstream Networks including FOX need to be forced to certify news...

Truth in advertising makes sense as a consumer protectionism.

| Reply
Jun 10, 2019 11:45:15   #
Ronald Hatt (a regular here)
 
Got a problem with FOX? What would that be?

| Reply
Jun 10, 2019 12:55:04   #
Rose42 (a regular here)
 
woodguru wrote:
Mainstream Networks including FOX need to be forced to certify news...

Truth in advertising makes sense as a consumer protectionism.


Good luck with that one. Too many journalists are activists now and have an agenda.

| Reply
Jun 10, 2019 13:25:13   #
Carol Kelly (a regular here)
 
Ronald Hatt wrote:
Got a problem with FOX? What would that be?


FOX, are you kidding? They aren’t alone so why did you pick FOX.

| Reply
Jun 10, 2019 13:27:25   #
woodguru (a regular here)
 
Ronald Hatt wrote:
Got a problem with FOX? What would that be?


The same problem I have that media including FOX should be held to a standard of having to verify news they want to air. FOX would have far more problem than MSM because they rarely provide sources, it's all rhetoric and spin.

The right says the left media lies, the left says the right does...fix it, make it to where the public is protected from lies.

| Reply
Jun 10, 2019 13:30:00   #
son of witless (a regular here)
 
woodguru wrote:
Mainstream Networks including FOX need to be forced to certify news...

Truth in advertising makes sense as a consumer protectionism.


What, like with a rubber stamp ? Who gets to say what is false ? Like who gets to say what is hate speech ?

You are advocating censorship, whether you realize it or not. I am guessing you think that you will be among those who get to say what is true.

As soon as you said " There Is A Common Sense Solution " I knew it was trouble. I've heard too many " Common Sense Solutions " on gun control, to get snookered on this.

| Reply
Jun 10, 2019 13:31:26   #
moldyoldy (a regular here)
 
Fox calls themselves entertainment. The real problem is people think they are watching news, but it is opinion, not news, that is how they all get away with lying.

| Reply
Jun 10, 2019 13:42:46   #
son of witless (a regular here)
 
moldyoldy wrote:
Fox calls themselves entertainment. The real problem is people think they are watching news, but it is opinion, not news, that is how they all get away with lying.


Who says they are lying, YOU ? Do you have any problems with MSNBC or CNN ?

| Reply
Jun 10, 2019 13:51:02   #
moldyoldy (a regular here)
 
son of witless wrote:
Who says they are lying, YOU ? Do you have any problems with MSNBC or CNN ?



I can't understand it for you.

that is how they ALL get away with lying.

| Reply
Jun 10, 2019 15:39:41   #
son of witless (a regular here)
 
moldyoldy wrote:
I can't understand it for you.

that is how they ALL get away with lying.


Of course you can understand it for me. Give me an example of FoxNews lying,, to illustrate what you are speaking of. If they lie as much as you say they do, it should be no trouble at tal to cite me several examples of them lying. I mean, as you say they lie so much that it should be no trouble for you.

Then tell me how you like MSNBC and CNN.

| Reply
Jun 10, 2019 18:17:21   #
moldyoldy (a regular here)
 
son of witless wrote:
Of course you can understand it for me. Give me an example of FoxNews lying,, to illustrate what you are speaking of. If they lie as much as you say they do, it should be no trouble at tal to cite me several examples of them lying. I mean, as you say they lie so much that it should be no trouble for you.

Then tell me how you like MSNBC and CNN.



https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/fox/

https://www.mintpressnews.com/pants-on-fire-analysis-shows-60-of-fox-news-facts-are-really-lies/205563/

https://www.scribd.com/embeds/409793749/content?start_page=1&view_mode=scroll&show_recommendations=false&access_key=key-yT1xLiJDd9EOkFy0RAve

| Reply
Jun 10, 2019 18:57:46   #
son of witless (a regular here)
 


Lets us argue one alleged " lie ". These Alleged lies seem more of a difference of opinion than outright provable lies. The first one from Napolitano " Says Brett Kavanaugh is "pro-Obamacare." "

— PunditFact on Wednesday, July 11th, 2018

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2018/jul/11/andrew-napolitano/napolitano-court-pick-kavanaugh-pro-obamacare-he/

The way I read the article, it is not a lie.

| Reply
Jun 10, 2019 20:20:06   #
moldyoldy (a regular here)
 
son of witless wrote:
Lets us argue one alleged " lie ". These Alleged lies seem more of a difference of opinion than outright provable lies. The first one from Napolitano " Says Brett Kavanaugh is "pro-Obamacare." "

— PunditFact on Wednesday, July 11th, 2018

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2018/jul/11/andrew-napolitano/napolitano-court-pick-kavanaugh-pro-obamacare-he/

The way I read the article, it is not a lie.


Kav is pro whatever trump is saying at the moment

| Reply
Jun 10, 2019 21:14:18   #
son of witless (a regular here)
 
moldyoldy wrote:
Kav is pro whatever trump is saying at the moment


As Bill Clinton used to say " I feel your pain. " When Obama was President I felt as you do now. I detested the pathways the man took my country down. I detested the things he said. I detested the arguments people like you used to defend him.

Now you feel that way about my boy Donald J. Trump. I can understand your dislike of Brett Kavanaugh because he will promote original intent on Constitutional issues as opposed to just making things up as Obama appointees do. I do not believe my side went as far as your side did to defeat Obama's Supreme court picks, as your side did with Christine Blasey Ford.

I still wish resolution would have come about one way or the other. Either Kavanaugh or Blasey-Ford should be punished. One of them is lying.

| Reply
Jun 10, 2019 21:57:37   #
moldyoldy (a regular here)
 
son of witless wrote:
As Bill Clinton used to say " I feel your pain. " When Obama was President I felt as you do now. I detested the pathways the man took my country down. I detested the things he said. I detested the arguments people like you used to defend him.

Now you feel that way about my boy Donald J. Trump. I can understand your dislike of Brett Kavanaugh because he will promote original intent on Constitutional issues as opposed to just making things up as Obama appointees do. I do not believe my side went as far as your side did to defeat Obama's Supreme court picks, as your side did with Christine Blasey Ford.

I still wish resolution would have come about one way or the other. Either Kavanaugh or Blasey-Ford should be punished. One of them is lying.
As Bill Clinton used to say " I feel your pai... (show quote)


Kav was an entitled drunk

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.