One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Trump says, ""Why do I have to repent or ask for forgiveness, if I am not making mistakes?" Do you back the president on this point?
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 next>>
May 25, 2019 12:39:09   #
Rose42 (a regular here)
 
Morgan wrote:
What an excellent point.


CSM is not correct. Satan is not the opposite of God and is not a deity. He is a fallen angel. And its not so simple as "good things are of God and bad things are of Satan". God does punish.

| Reply
May 25, 2019 12:50:15   #
vernon (a regular here)
 
rumitoid wrote:
It seems that for many Christian who want their agenda pushed forward by Trump, that repentance is now an inconsequential option of faith. No big deal. All you have to do is not make any mistakes. Simple. Jesus addressed these Christians: "I never knew you." (Mt7:23)

The tawdry and warped delusion promulgated by many Christian leaders that this vile and corrupt individual is somehow working as an instrument of God's love for the kingdom of heaven is sickening and of the anti-Christ. The Bible says "you will know them by their fruits." (Mt7:15-20) Is that true or not? What are the fruits of the president? Vicious tweets? Lying? Slandering opponents?

Yes, God uses everything in his plan for us and his glory, yet the Bible is very clear about talking truth to power and rebuke. Taking a just stand against his unrighteousness will go a long way in healing this nation. We are meant to be a clear choice between the earthly and the heavenly so that all we meet are introduced to the Father. Make that bridge possible.
It seems that for many Christian who want their ag... (show quote)



Look you atheist don't come on here and lie and claim you are some kind of holy man . When creeps like you start spouting scripture you just prove your love of evil.You and wood are complete frauds and liars. No one with any sense believes anything you say you are completely evil.

| Reply
May 25, 2019 12:59:44   #
vernon (a regular here)
 
Morgan wrote:
That means you believe a chronic liar is an instrument of God, an interesting perspective from you but not surprising.


Who is this chronic liar you speak of.Is it that wrinkled drunk polsi or weird dink shitt or that molester
Chuckie.

| Reply
May 25, 2019 13:58:09   #
Common_Sense_Matters (a regular here)
 
Rose42 wrote:
CSM is not correct. Satan is not the opposite of God and is not a deity. He is a fallen angel. And its not so simple as "good things are of God and bad things are of Satan". God does punish.


We all know Satan is claimed to be a fallen angel but as for being a deity, he is said to have many supernatural powers, nearly as much as God himself is said to have, and is worshiped by Satan worshipers as a deity and therefore, yes, he is a deity.

As for the comment about "good things are of God and bad things are of Satan", ask any number of Christians and I venture the majority will describe it that way. I am always shaking my head at the gullibility of so many that go around praising a deity (God) for every "blessing" in their life and lamenting the influence of Satan anytime something happens that they like to attribute to Satan's influence. Perhaps you don't associate with many Christians or choose to ignore what they say.

| Reply
May 25, 2019 14:04:37   #
Common_Sense_Matters (a regular here)
 
vernon wrote:
Who is this chronic liar you speak of.Is it that wrinkled drunk polsi or weird dink shitt or that molester
Chuckie.


How about you, yourself. You mean to tell me that you are completely unaware of the nearly constant lies told by Trump? You can't possibly be that ignorant... err.... wait... Trump supporters HAVE proven that they CAN be, and it would seem most are, sorry, carry on.

| Reply
May 25, 2019 14:12:30   #
Lonewolf (a regular here)
 
The only thing a Christian can get out of politics is dirty

| Reply
May 25, 2019 15:15:03   #
Rose42 (a regular here)
 
Common_Sense_Matters wrote:
We all know Satan is claimed to be a fallen angel but as for being a deity, he is said to have many supernatural powers, nearly as much as God himself is said to have, and is worshiped by Satan worshipers as a deity and therefore, yes, he is a deity.


You're wrong. He is no deity. God is sovereign over all. Satan can't begin to approach God's omnipotence. People worshiping him doesn't change that.

Quote:
As for the comment about "good things are of God and bad things are of Satan", ask any number of Christians and I venture the majority will describe it that way. I am always shaking my head at the gullibility of so many that go around praising a deity (God) for every "blessing" in their life and lamenting the influence of Satan anytime something happens that they like to attribute to Satan's influence. Perhaps you don't associate with many Christians or choose to ignore what they say.
As for the comment about "good things are of ... (show quote)


On the subject of Christianity you are uninformed. The bible is the source to go to not asking people what their opinion is. It explains different people God has used throughout history and the various times people have been punished and undergone trials.

| Reply
May 25, 2019 21:50:58   #
Common_Sense_Matters (a regular here)
 
Rose42 wrote:
On the subject of Christianity you are uninformed. The bible is the source to go to not asking people what their opinion is. It explains different people God has used throughout history and the various times people have been punished and undergone trials.


Typical narrow mindedness we have all come to expect from you.

Merriam Webster wrote:
deity noun
de·​i·​ty | \ ˈdē-ə-tē , ˈdā- \
plural deities
Definition of deity
1a : the rank or essential nature of a god : DIVINITY
b capitalized : GOD sense 1, SUPREME BEING
2 : a god (see GOD entry 1 sense 2) or goddess
the deities of ancient Greece
3 : one exalted or revered as supremely good or powerful
such established American deities as Daniel Boone, Kit Carson
— J. D. Hart
the deities of the banking world


I expect that you will point out that many of the definitions include the word god which is generic, much like the Christian usage of the word god to refer to their deity. The Christian deity has many names but most Christians seem to favor the non-name "God" as a way to refer to their deity. God is nothing but a generic term to refer to a deity which Satan is such a deity, of course Christians prefer not to refer to Satan as a deity. Let's take a closer look at Merriam Webster's definitions and see how they may applly to Satan.

1a : the rank or essential nature of a god : DIVINITY

Gods are typically called such due to their divine nature. The fact that they are considered to have supernatural or superhuman powers. Powers mere mortals do not possess. Is it said that Satan has any such powers? Well... the ability to hold sway or influence over man from Hell would be considered supernatural or superhuman I would say. Is Satan ever accused or blamed for having held sway or influence over men and their decisions?

b capitalized : GOD sense 1, SUPREME BEING

Would anyone argue that Satan ISN'T a supreme being? Many people speak of men/women making deals with the devil. that would require the devil's presence or at thew very least, the ability to hear people on the mortal plain all the way from his plain in Hell, not a power possessed by mortal men. Such abilities are only possessed by supreme beings.

2 : a god (see GOD entry 1 sense 2) or goddess
the deities of ancient Greece

Let us look at how Merriam Webster defines "God" and see how that might apply here.

Merriam Webster wrote:
god noun
\ ˈgäd also ˈgȯd \
Definition of god (Entry 1 of 2)
1 capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: such as
a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe
b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind
2 : a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship
specifically : one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality
Greek gods of love and war
3 : a person or thing of supreme value
had photos of baseball's gods pinned to his bedroom wall
4 : a powerful ruler
Hollywood gods that control our movies' fates
god noun br \ ˈgäd also ˈgȯd \ br Definition of g... (show quote)


Here within the first definition several things stand out the would perhaps disqualify Satan. Firstly I will look at "goodness", Goodness is somewhat subjective. One person's "goodness" can be another's misery. Let's toss "goodness" aside then.

"Worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe", that part eliminates Satan as I know of nobody that claims that Satan was the creator of the universe.

Definition #2 "2 : a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship" I think we have already spoken on "supernatural" powers, aka "attributes and powers". Does Satan require worship? I suspect only those that desire favors of Satan need bother worshipping him. Gee... why does that sound familiar? Perhaps due to the fact that those desiring favors from "God" are required to worship him in hopes that he favors them with their desires. Thus far I know not of anyone dropping dead because they missed a prayer session.

3 : a person or thing of supreme value
had photos of baseball's gods pinned to his bedroom wall

Uh-oh, blasphemy, Idolatry, worshipping other gods apart from "God".

4 : a powerful ruler
Hollywood gods that control our movies' fates[/quote]

What? You do not need supernatural/superhuman powers or attributes to be a god? Don't tell Rose42 this. So, as Satan qualifies as a god, (the bar is set quite low) and a god is a deity, then YES, Satan is therefore a deity.

As for the last part of your reply:

Rose42 wrote:
On the subject of Christianity you are uninformed. The bible is the source to go to not asking people what their opinion is. It explains different people God has used throughout history and the various times people have been punished and undergone trials.


Again you speak on that which you haven't a clue on, like a fool. You do not know me, you do not know my background, you can not make such foolish statements like that without some background to back up such a foolish comment. On what evidence do you base your accusations on?

In all of the stories I can think of off the top of my head, they are all from the old testament, he has always chosen a faithful servant to issue his "trials" onto. I guess God prefers to punish his most faithful servants. The only time I recall Satan heaping on the trials was the story of Jesus on the mount where Satan tried to persuade Jesus to abandon god. I figure he assumed that if he could sway God's own son, he could sway EVERYONE.

Still, we find that when people are "tried" in our modern times, the blame goes to Satan, when great things are bestowed, it is "God" that gets the credit.

| Reply
May 25, 2019 22:18:27   #
Rose42 (a regular here)
 
Common_Sense_Matters wrote:
Again you speak on that which you haven't a clue on, like a fool. You do not know me, you do not know my background, you can not make such foolish statements like that without some background to back up such a foolish comment. On what evidence do you base your accusations on?


My evidence is the ignorance of it in your posts. And this post just demonstrates more ignorance. But your pride just drives you to dig a deeper hole.

The bible isn’t like a storybook and you won’t know anything about God or Satan by going to a dictionary. Or trials and the purpose of trials.

Christians are to rejoice in trials because they strengthen faith. God is sovereign and allows them to happen. Man’s nature is to rebel against God. Thats not blamed on Satan. Man’s nature is to love sin. Pride is the root of all sin. All of that and much more is in the bible.

It should be mentioned that the Book of Opinions is not part of it though often used. Lol

| Reply
May 25, 2019 22:19:50   #
Rose42 (a regular here)
 
Lonewolf wrote:
The only thing a Christian can get out of politics is dirty


Can’t argue with that

| Reply
May 25, 2019 22:21:46   #
Blade_Runner (a regular here)
 
Common_Sense_Matters wrote:
expect that you will point out that many of the definitions include the word god which is generic, much like the Christian usage of the word god to refer to their deity. The Christian deity has many names but most Christians seem to favor the non-name "God" as a way to refer to their deity. God is nothing but a generic term to refer to a deity which Satan is such a deity, of course Christians prefer not to refer to Satan as a deity. Let's take a closer look at Merriam Webster's definitions and see how they may applly to Satan.
expect that you will point out that many of the d... (show quote)
You are going to allude to Merriam Webster definitions? Wow, how human of you.

His (God's) name in English is YHWH taken from the tetragrammaton of four Hebrew letters with no vowels. In it's pure form, the name is not pronounceable and was intended to be so. The name simply means "I AM".

To render the name pronounceable, vowels were added to give us Yahweh.



| Reply
May 25, 2019 22:52:08   #
Common_Sense_Matters (a regular here)
 
Rose42 wrote:
My evidence is the ignorance of it in your posts. And this post just demonstrates more ignorance. But your pride just drives you to dig a deeper hole.

The bible isn’t like a storybook and you won’t know anything about God or Satan by going to a dictionary. Or trials and the purpose of trials.

Christians are to rejoice in trials because they strengthen faith. God is sovereign and allows them to happen. Man’s nature is to rebel against God. Thats not blamed on Satan. Man’s nature is to love sin. Pride is the root of all sin. All of that and much more is in the bible.

It should be mentioned that the Book of Opinions is not part of it though often used. Lol
My evidence is the ignorance of it in your posts. ... (show quote)


If you say so, you are an expert at reading people after all, solely in your own mind of course but that has never stopped you from believing it all the same.

| Reply
May 25, 2019 22:55:22   #
Common_Sense_Matters (a regular here)
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
You are going to allude to Merriam Webster definitions? Wow, how human of you.

His (God's) name in English is YHWH taken from the tetragrammaton of four Hebrew letters with no vowels. In it's pure form, the name is not pronounceable and was intended to be so. The name simply means "I AM".

To render the name pronounceable, vowels were added to give us Yahweh.


There are many names for him dependent on which religion you follow, so yours chooses Yahweh, others have chosen other names.

| Reply
May 25, 2019 23:16:42   #
Lonewolf (a regular here)
 
Common_Sense_Matters wrote:
There are many names for him dependent on which religion you follow, so yours chooses Yahweh, others have chosen other names.


When God was asked his name he replied. I'M

| Reply
May 25, 2019 23:28:23   #
Common_Sense_Matters (a regular here)
 
Lonewolf wrote:
When God was asked his name he replied. I'M


Pretty much, though I have seen it written several different ways and every last one was a translation of a book written over the course of centuries and it started centuries after the "events" supposedly took place so...

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.