One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
AOC Does Complete 180, Says She Was Only Joking About the World Ending in 12 Years
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
May 14, 2019 12:17:52   #
eagleye13 (a regular here)
 
AOC Does Complete 180, Says She Was Only Joking About the World Ending in 12 Years
https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/author/barie/?ff_source=push&ff_medium=conservativetribune&ff_campaign=manualpost&ff_content=2019-05-13

“Just kidding, LOL.”

We’ve all heard kids or teenagers say this before, usually as a way to brush off something ridiculous they said. It goes like this: Say something foolish, then when people react to the dumb thing that was said, quickly pretend it was just a joke.

This is cute when a 10-year-old does it. By the time someone is approaching adulthood, however, it grows tiresome.
The reason, of course, is that we expect grown-ups to say what they mean and mean what they say — especially when dealing with serious topics that affect other people.

But it looks like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has more in common with immature 10-year-olds than serious adults.

TRENDING: Democrats Have Backed Themselves Into a Corner with Impeachment Obsession

After previously declaring that the world would end in 12 years unless we let socialists like her run the economy, the New York bartender-turned-congresswoman had a very lame follow-up: Just kidding.

Back in January, Ocasio-Cortez made waves after she declared, “the world is going to end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change.”
She seemed deadly serious when she said it, even comparing it to World War II, but was roundly mocked for the absurdity of the statement.
Yet on Sunday, the Democratic lawmaker tried to reel that line back in using social media.

Complaining that conservatives fact-checked another one of her statements on income inequality — how dare they! — Ocasio-Cortez implied that her “12 years” claim was just, like, sarcasm, or like, whatever.
“This is a technique of the GOP, to take dry humor + sarcasm literally and ‘fact check’ it,” she wrote.

“Like the ‘world ending in 12 years’ thing, you’d have to have the social intelligence of a sea sponge to think it’s literal,” Ocasio-Cortez continued. “But the GOP is basically Dwight from The Office so who knows.”
Translation: I didn’t really mean the world is going to end in 12 years, when I said the world is going to end in 12 years. You’re just a dumb-dumb if you thought me saying that into a microphone was meant to be serious.

It would be one thing if this were a comedian or, say, a satire outlet pointing out that they aren’t supposed to be taken literally.

But Ocasio-Cortez is a sitting congresswoman, elected to do a very serious job. Is she just now realizing that it isn’t a game?

And here’s the kicker: She repeated the “12 years” claim multiple times, and even called out people who thought it was a joke.
“We have 12 years left to cut emissions by at least 50 percent, if not more, and for everyone who wants to make a joke about that, you may laugh, but your grandkids will not,” Ocasio-Cortez said during a live stream in April.

“For those of you who are trying to mock and delay this moment, I mean, I just feel bad for you. I pity you for your role in history right now,” she continued.

Oh. Does that mean that she has the “social intelligence of a sea sponge?” Her words, not ours … but it would explain a few things.

It’s easy to laugh at her, but let’s get serious for a moment. When you get past the utter absurdity of Ocasio-Cortez’s nonsensical and contradictory statements, there’s a sobering conclusion about the congresswoman that should not be ignored.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t believe that words mean things.

She doesn’t think about anything she says, and is surprised when people take her at her word, because those words have all the weight of flatulence in the wind.

And why wouldn’t they? This is all new to her. Ocasio-Cortez has never had to make decisions that affect people’s lives.

A year ago she was a waitress in Queens, where meaningless banter with customers and a golly-gee smile helped get tips. And if she said something silly, she could just wink and go “just kidding.”
It’s the technique of a teenager. Pretend that every other thing you say is, like, totally sarcasm, and then weasel your way out if anybody ever tries to hold you to your words.

She just assumed it would work the same in Washington. But as “sea sponge” herself is quickly discovering, people tend to ask more questions when it’s their jobs and futures on the line — and hopefully, voters are catching on about the vapidness of Ocasio-Cortez.

| Reply
May 14, 2019 13:08:25   #
Auntie Lulu (a regular here)
 
I think it is her "handlers" who have laid down the law that she had to walk back her remarks. The sad thing is that we experienced having grade school and high school students who embraced this remark, and have lived in mortal fear that their lives would be over in 12 years. This reminds me of when I was in grade school during the 1950's . . . every Monday at exactly 12 noon, a huge siren mounted on a tall frame would sound--it was a practice run for when the Russian's would send an atom bomb our way. Thank God they removed that abominable thing years ago. However, I still remember being herded down into the basement restrooms (which were not in use) we had to line up against the wall, and put out arms over our heads and lean into either the wall, or the child in front of us. I can remember with great fear and trepidation thinking . . . . "What if Daddy could not get home from work to be with us?" This was terrifying. I have every reason to believe that today's children are just as terrified of the world ending in 12 years, as I and my classmates were when we contemplated he arrival of an atom bomb--which could be any day! Shame on this nasty, ignorant piece of trash for terrorizing today's youth!!

| Reply
May 14, 2019 13:21:13   #
eagleye13 (a regular here)
 
Auntie Lulu wrote:
I think it is her "handlers" who have laid down the law that she had to walk back her remarks. The sad thing is that we experienced having grade school and high school students who embraced this remark, and have lived in mortal fear that their lives would be over in 12 years. This reminds me of when I was in grade school during the 1950's . . . every Monday at exactly 12 noon, a huge siren mounted on a tall frame would sound--it was a practice run for when the Russian's would send an atom bomb our way. Thank God they removed that abominable thing years ago. However, I still remember being herded down into the basement restrooms (which were not in use) we had to line up against the wall, and put out arms over our heads and lean into either the wall, or the child in front of us. I can remember with great fear and trepidation thinking . . . . "What if Daddy could not get home from work to be with us?" This was terrifying. I have every reason to believe that today's children are just as terrified of the world ending in 12 years, as I and my classmates were when we contemplated he arrival of an atom bomb--which could be any day! Shame on this nasty, ignorant piece of trash for terrorizing today's youth!!
I think it is her "handlers" who have la... (show quote)


AOC was another test.
Just how foolish can Americans be?
How ignorant can voters be?
How easy is it to con a majority of voters?
Next test is November 2020.

| Reply
May 14, 2019 13:34:03   #
BigMike (a regular here)
 
eagleye13 wrote:
AOC Does Complete 180, Says She Was Only Joking About the World Ending in 12 Years
https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/author/barie/?ff_source=push&ff_medium=conservativetribune&ff_campaign=manualpost&ff_content=2019-05-13

“Just kidding, LOL.”

We’ve all heard kids or teenagers say this before, usually as a way to brush off something ridiculous they said. It goes like this: Say something foolish, then when people react to the dumb thing that was said, quickly pretend it was just a joke.

This is cute when a 10-year-old does it. By the time someone is approaching adulthood, however, it grows tiresome.
The reason, of course, is that we expect grown-ups to say what they mean and mean what they say — especially when dealing with serious topics that affect other people.

But it looks like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has more in common with immature 10-year-olds than serious adults.

TRENDING: Democrats Have Backed Themselves Into a Corner with Impeachment Obsession

After previously declaring that the world would end in 12 years unless we let socialists like her run the economy, the New York bartender-turned-congresswoman had a very lame follow-up: Just kidding.

Back in January, Ocasio-Cortez made waves after she declared, “the world is going to end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change.”
She seemed deadly serious when she said it, even comparing it to World War II, but was roundly mocked for the absurdity of the statement.
Yet on Sunday, the Democratic lawmaker tried to reel that line back in using social media.

Complaining that conservatives fact-checked another one of her statements on income inequality — how dare they! — Ocasio-Cortez implied that her “12 years” claim was just, like, sarcasm, or like, whatever.
“This is a technique of the GOP, to take dry humor + sarcasm literally and ‘fact check’ it,” she wrote.

“Like the ‘world ending in 12 years’ thing, you’d have to have the social intelligence of a sea sponge to think it’s literal,” Ocasio-Cortez continued. “But the GOP is basically Dwight from The Office so who knows.”
Translation: I didn’t really mean the world is going to end in 12 years, when I said the world is going to end in 12 years. You’re just a dumb-dumb if you thought me saying that into a microphone was meant to be serious.

It would be one thing if this were a comedian or, say, a satire outlet pointing out that they aren’t supposed to be taken literally.

But Ocasio-Cortez is a sitting congresswoman, elected to do a very serious job. Is she just now realizing that it isn’t a game?

And here’s the kicker: She repeated the “12 years” claim multiple times, and even called out people who thought it was a joke.
“We have 12 years left to cut emissions by at least 50 percent, if not more, and for everyone who wants to make a joke about that, you may laugh, but your grandkids will not,” Ocasio-Cortez said during a live stream in April.

“For those of you who are trying to mock and delay this moment, I mean, I just feel bad for you. I pity you for your role in history right now,” she continued.

Oh. Does that mean that she has the “social intelligence of a sea sponge?” Her words, not ours … but it would explain a few things.

It’s easy to laugh at her, but let’s get serious for a moment. When you get past the utter absurdity of Ocasio-Cortez’s nonsensical and contradictory statements, there’s a sobering conclusion about the congresswoman that should not be ignored.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t believe that words mean things.

She doesn’t think about anything she says, and is surprised when people take her at her word, because those words have all the weight of flatulence in the wind.

And why wouldn’t they? This is all new to her. Ocasio-Cortez has never had to make decisions that affect people’s lives.

A year ago she was a waitress in Queens, where meaningless banter with customers and a golly-gee smile helped get tips. And if she said something silly, she could just wink and go “just kidding.”
It’s the technique of a teenager. Pretend that every other thing you say is, like, totally sarcasm, and then weasel your way out if anybody ever tries to hold you to your words.

She just assumed it would work the same in Washington. But as “sea sponge” herself is quickly discovering, people tend to ask more questions when it’s their jobs and futures on the line — and hopefully, voters are catching on about the vapidness of Ocasio-Cortez.
AOC Does Complete 180, Says She Was Only Joking Ab... (show quote)



| Reply
May 14, 2019 13:53:08   #
BigMike (a regular here)
 
Auntie Lulu wrote:
I think it is her "handlers" who have laid down the law that she had to walk back her remarks. The sad thing is that we experienced having grade school and high school students who embraced this remark, and have lived in mortal fear that their lives would be over in 12 years. This reminds me of when I was in grade school during the 1950's . . . every Monday at exactly 12 noon, a huge siren mounted on a tall frame would sound--it was a practice run for when the Russian's would send an atom bomb our way. Thank God they removed that abominable thing years ago. However, I still remember being herded down into the basement restrooms (which were not in use) we had to line up against the wall, and put out arms over our heads and lean into either the wall, or the child in front of us. I can remember with great fear and trepidation thinking . . . . "What if Daddy could not get home from work to be with us?" This was terrifying. I have every reason to believe that today's children are just as terrified of the world ending in 12 years, as I and my classmates were when we contemplated he arrival of an atom bomb--which could be any day! Shame on this nasty, ignorant piece of trash for terrorizing today's youth!!
I think it is her "handlers" who have la... (show quote)


She's serving a purpose...and the Dems are already regretting it.

| Reply
May 14, 2019 14:11:05   #
nwtk2007 (a regular here)
 
eagleye13 wrote:
AOC Does Complete 180, Says She Was Only Joking About the World Ending in 12 Years
https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/author/barie/?ff_source=push&ff_medium=conservativetribune&ff_campaign=manualpost&ff_content=2019-05-13

“Just kidding, LOL.”

We’ve all heard kids or teenagers say this before, usually as a way to brush off something ridiculous they said. It goes like this: Say something foolish, then when people react to the dumb thing that was said, quickly pretend it was just a joke.

This is cute when a 10-year-old does it. By the time someone is approaching adulthood, however, it grows tiresome.
The reason, of course, is that we expect grown-ups to say what they mean and mean what they say — especially when dealing with serious topics that affect other people.

But it looks like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has more in common with immature 10-year-olds than serious adults.

TRENDING: Democrats Have Backed Themselves Into a Corner with Impeachment Obsession

After previously declaring that the world would end in 12 years unless we let socialists like her run the economy, the New York bartender-turned-congresswoman had a very lame follow-up: Just kidding.

Back in January, Ocasio-Cortez made waves after she declared, “the world is going to end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change.”
She seemed deadly serious when she said it, even comparing it to World War II, but was roundly mocked for the absurdity of the statement.
Yet on Sunday, the Democratic lawmaker tried to reel that line back in using social media.

Complaining that conservatives fact-checked another one of her statements on income inequality — how dare they! — Ocasio-Cortez implied that her “12 years” claim was just, like, sarcasm, or like, whatever.
“This is a technique of the GOP, to take dry humor + sarcasm literally and ‘fact check’ it,” she wrote.

“Like the ‘world ending in 12 years’ thing, you’d have to have the social intelligence of a sea sponge to think it’s literal,” Ocasio-Cortez continued. “But the GOP is basically Dwight from The Office so who knows.”
Translation: I didn’t really mean the world is going to end in 12 years, when I said the world is going to end in 12 years. You’re just a dumb-dumb if you thought me saying that into a microphone was meant to be serious.

It would be one thing if this were a comedian or, say, a satire outlet pointing out that they aren’t supposed to be taken literally.

But Ocasio-Cortez is a sitting congresswoman, elected to do a very serious job. Is she just now realizing that it isn’t a game?

And here’s the kicker: She repeated the “12 years” claim multiple times, and even called out people who thought it was a joke.
“We have 12 years left to cut emissions by at least 50 percent, if not more, and for everyone who wants to make a joke about that, you may laugh, but your grandkids will not,” Ocasio-Cortez said during a live stream in April.

“For those of you who are trying to mock and delay this moment, I mean, I just feel bad for you. I pity you for your role in history right now,” she continued.

Oh. Does that mean that she has the “social intelligence of a sea sponge?” Her words, not ours … but it would explain a few things.

It’s easy to laugh at her, but let’s get serious for a moment. When you get past the utter absurdity of Ocasio-Cortez’s nonsensical and contradictory statements, there’s a sobering conclusion about the congresswoman that should not be ignored.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t believe that words mean things.

She doesn’t think about anything she says, and is surprised when people take her at her word, because those words have all the weight of flatulence in the wind.

And why wouldn’t they? This is all new to her. Ocasio-Cortez has never had to make decisions that affect people’s lives.

A year ago she was a waitress in Queens, where meaningless banter with customers and a golly-gee smile helped get tips. And if she said something silly, she could just wink and go “just kidding.”
It’s the technique of a teenager. Pretend that every other thing you say is, like, totally sarcasm, and then weasel your way out if anybody ever tries to hold you to your words.

She just assumed it would work the same in Washington. But as “sea sponge” herself is quickly discovering, people tend to ask more questions when it’s their jobs and futures on the line — and hopefully, voters are catching on about the vapidness of Ocasio-Cortez.
AOC Does Complete 180, Says She Was Only Joking Ab... (show quote)


She seemed too be backing down but is back at full speed on social media. She is trying to walk back some of the dummer of her comments, though. She won't get re-elected, I don't think.

| Reply
May 15, 2019 08:03:47   #
Big dog (a regular here)
 
eagleye13 wrote:
AOC Does Complete 180, Says She Was Only Joking About the World Ending in 12 Years
https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/author/barie/?ff_source=push&ff_medium=conservativetribune&ff_campaign=manualpost&ff_content=2019-05-13

“Just kidding, LOL.”

We’ve all heard kids or teenagers say this before, usually as a way to brush off something ridiculous they said. It goes like this: Say something foolish, then when people react to the dumb thing that was said, quickly pretend it was just a joke.

This is cute when a 10-year-old does it. By the time someone is approaching adulthood, however, it grows tiresome.
The reason, of course, is that we expect grown-ups to say what they mean and mean what they say — especially when dealing with serious topics that affect other people.

But it looks like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has more in common with immature 10-year-olds than serious adults.

TRENDING: Democrats Have Backed Themselves Into a Corner with Impeachment Obsession

After previously declaring that the world would end in 12 years unless we let socialists like her run the economy, the New York bartender-turned-congresswoman had a very lame follow-up: Just kidding.

Back in January, Ocasio-Cortez made waves after she declared, “the world is going to end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change.”
She seemed deadly serious when she said it, even comparing it to World War II, but was roundly mocked for the absurdity of the statement.
Yet on Sunday, the Democratic lawmaker tried to reel that line back in using social media.

Complaining that conservatives fact-checked another one of her statements on income inequality — how dare they! — Ocasio-Cortez implied that her “12 years” claim was just, like, sarcasm, or like, whatever.
“This is a technique of the GOP, to take dry humor + sarcasm literally and ‘fact check’ it,” she wrote.

“Like the ‘world ending in 12 years’ thing, you’d have to have the social intelligence of a sea sponge to think it’s literal,” Ocasio-Cortez continued. “But the GOP is basically Dwight from The Office so who knows.”
Translation: I didn’t really mean the world is going to end in 12 years, when I said the world is going to end in 12 years. You’re just a dumb-dumb if you thought me saying that into a microphone was meant to be serious.

It would be one thing if this were a comedian or, say, a satire outlet pointing out that they aren’t supposed to be taken literally.

But Ocasio-Cortez is a sitting congresswoman, elected to do a very serious job. Is she just now realizing that it isn’t a game?

And here’s the kicker: She repeated the “12 years” claim multiple times, and even called out people who thought it was a joke.
“We have 12 years left to cut emissions by at least 50 percent, if not more, and for everyone who wants to make a joke about that, you may laugh, but your grandkids will not,” Ocasio-Cortez said during a live stream in April.

“For those of you who are trying to mock and delay this moment, I mean, I just feel bad for you. I pity you for your role in history right now,” she continued.

Oh. Does that mean that she has the “social intelligence of a sea sponge?” Her words, not ours … but it would explain a few things.

It’s easy to laugh at her, but let’s get serious for a moment. When you get past the utter absurdity of Ocasio-Cortez’s nonsensical and contradictory statements, there’s a sobering conclusion about the congresswoman that should not be ignored.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t believe that words mean things.

She doesn’t think about anything she says, and is surprised when people take her at her word, because those words have all the weight of flatulence in the wind.

And why wouldn’t they? This is all new to her. Ocasio-Cortez has never had to make decisions that affect people’s lives.

A year ago she was a waitress in Queens, where meaningless banter with customers and a golly-gee smile helped get tips. And if she said something silly, she could just wink and go “just kidding.”
It’s the technique of a teenager. Pretend that every other thing you say is, like, totally sarcasm, and then weasel your way out if anybody ever tries to hold you to your words.

She just assumed it would work the same in Washington. But as “sea sponge” herself is quickly discovering, people tend to ask more questions when it’s their jobs and futures on the line — and hopefully, voters are catching on about the vapidness of Ocasio-Cortez.
AOC Does Complete 180, Says She Was Only Joking Ab... (show quote)


Of course she was only joking. She was only joking when she told someone she was going to run for Congress, she was only joking when she took the oath of office, and she was only joking when she ranted about the world ending in 12 years. What else could you expect from a joking joker like her ??

| Reply
May 15, 2019 09:53:14   #
eagleye13 (a regular here)
 
Big dog wrote:
Of course she was only joking. She was only joking when she told someone she was going to run for Congress, she was only joking when she took the oath of office, and she was only joking when she ranted about the world ending in 12 years. What else could you expect from a joking joker like her ??


https://static.onepoliticalplaza.com/upload/2019/5/4/t2-702740-5660_6420347487516622848_n.jpg

| Reply
May 15, 2019 09:55:55   #
Big dog (a regular here)
 
eagleye13 wrote:
https://static.onepoliticalplaza.com/upload/2019/5/4/t2-702740-5660_6420347487516622848_n.jpg


Nice.

| Reply
May 15, 2019 10:31:55   #
America 1 (a regular here)
 
eagleye13 wrote:
AOC was another test.
Just how foolish can Americans be?
How ignorant can voters be?
How easy is it to con a majority of voters?
Next test is November 2020.


Who would not believe a barmaid as a great addition to Congress.
Could have been free drinks on election day.

| Reply
May 15, 2019 14:13:17   #
johnsorrell7
 
eagleye13 wrote:
AOC Does Complete 180, Says She Was Only Joking About the World Ending in 12 Years
https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/author/barie/?ff_source=push&ff_medium=conservativetribune&ff_campaign=manualpost&ff_content=2019-05-13

“Just kidding, LOL.”

We’ve all heard kids or teenagers say this before, usually as a way to brush off something ridiculous they said. It goes like this: Say something foolish, then when people react to the dumb thing that was said, quickly pretend it was just a joke.

This is cute when a 10-year-old does it. By the time someone is approaching adulthood, however, it grows tiresome.
The reason, of course, is that we expect grown-ups to say what they mean and mean what they say — especially when dealing with serious topics that affect other people.

But it looks like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has more in common with immature 10-year-olds than serious adults.

TRENDING: Democrats Have Backed Themselves Into a Corner with Impeachment Obsession

After previously declaring that the world would end in 12 years unless we let socialists like her run the economy, the New York bartender-turned-congresswoman had a very lame follow-up: Just kidding.

Back in January, Ocasio-Cortez made waves after she declared, “the world is going to end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change.”
She seemed deadly serious when she said it, even comparing it to World War II, but was roundly mocked for the absurdity of the statement.
Yet on Sunday, the Democratic lawmaker tried to reel that line back in using social media.

Complaining that conservatives fact-checked another one of her statements on income inequality — how dare they! — Ocasio-Cortez implied that her “12 years” claim was just, like, sarcasm, or like, whatever.
“This is a technique of the GOP, to take dry humor + sarcasm literally and ‘fact check’ it,” she wrote.

“Like the ‘world ending in 12 years’ thing, you’d have to have the social intelligence of a sea sponge to think it’s literal,” Ocasio-Cortez continued. “But the GOP is basically Dwight from The Office so who knows.”
Translation: I didn’t really mean the world is going to end in 12 years, when I said the world is going to end in 12 years. You’re just a dumb-dumb if you thought me saying that into a microphone was meant to be serious.

It would be one thing if this were a comedian or, say, a satire outlet pointing out that they aren’t supposed to be taken literally.

But Ocasio-Cortez is a sitting congresswoman, elected to do a very serious job. Is she just now realizing that it isn’t a game?

And here’s the kicker: She repeated the “12 years” claim multiple times, and even called out people who thought it was a joke.
“We have 12 years left to cut emissions by at least 50 percent, if not more, and for everyone who wants to make a joke about that, you may laugh, but your grandkids will not,” Ocasio-Cortez said during a live stream in April.

“For those of you who are trying to mock and delay this moment, I mean, I just feel bad for you. I pity you for your role in history right now,” she continued.

Oh. Does that mean that she has the “social intelligence of a sea sponge?” Her words, not ours … but it would explain a few things.

It’s easy to laugh at her, but let’s get serious for a moment. When you get past the utter absurdity of Ocasio-Cortez’s nonsensical and contradictory statements, there’s a sobering conclusion about the congresswoman that should not be ignored.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t believe that words mean things.

She doesn’t think about anything she says, and is surprised when people take her at her word, because those words have all the weight of flatulence in the wind.

And why wouldn’t they? This is all new to her. Ocasio-Cortez has never had to make decisions that affect people’s lives.

A year ago she was a waitress in Queens, where meaningless banter with customers and a golly-gee smile helped get tips. And if she said something silly, she could just wink and go “just kidding.”
It’s the technique of a teenager. Pretend that every other thing you say is, like, totally sarcasm, and then weasel your way out if anybody ever tries to hold you to your words.

She just assumed it would work the same in Washington. But as “sea sponge” herself is quickly discovering, people tend to ask more questions when it’s their jobs and futures on the line — and hopefully, voters are catching on about the vapidness of Ocasio-Cortez.
AOC Does Complete 180, Says She Was Only Joking Ab... (show quote)


She wasn't joking. Somebody has finally told her how stupid she really is and for once, she listened....

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.