One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
The Real Reason Liberals Hate Fox News
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 next>>
Apr 12, 2019 15:57:51   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
waltmoreno wrote:
Thanks for the laffs. I also like to include lots of hearty laughter in my days to load up on those feel-good endorphins. And your posts are usually good for that.
Seriously, I can’t listen to CNN for a millisecond before my BS meter starts shrieking! Ditto for NPR. (There’s no wondering why NPR needs public $. They are incapable of competing in the free market.) I guess my BS meter is overly sensitive. I can last a little longer when being exposed to MSNBC and other lefty outlets but not by much.
My named sources feed, nourish and reflect what’s already inside me often completing my own thoughts and occasionally carrying me to the next step.
Thanks for the laffs. I also like to include lots ... (show quote)


Just want to point out the obvious..

NPR, was created not to compete with a market but to provide information that was not apt to be one news for money programs..

It does a good job of it and I watch it often..

Like public TV, it fills a roll that business is not willing to produce..


National Public Radio
Non-profit
Image result for npr
npr.org
DescriptionNational Public Radio is an American privately and publicly funded non-profit membership media organization based in Washington, D.C. NPR differs from other non-profit membership media organizations, ... Wikipedia
Customer service: 1 (202) 513-2000
Headquarters: Washington, D.C.
CEO: Jarl Mohn
Founder: Bill Siemering
Founded: February 26, 1970, Washington, D.C.
Affiliation: WRN Broadcast

| Reply
Apr 12, 2019 19:58:52   #
waltmoreno
 
permafrost wrote:
Just want to point out the obvious..

NPR, was created not to compete with a market but to provide information that was not apt to be one news for money programs..

It does a good job of it and I watch it often..

Like public TV, it fills a roll that business is not willing to produce..


National Public Radio
Non-profit
Image result for npr
npr.org
DescriptionNational Public Radio is an American privately and publicly funded non-profit membership media organization based in Washington, D.C. NPR differs from other non-profit membership media organizations, ... Wikipedia
Customer service: 1 (202) 513-2000
Headquarters: Washington, D.C.
CEO: Jarl Mohn
Founder: Bill Siemering
Founded: February 26, 1970, Washington, D.C.
Affiliation: WRN Broadcast
Just want to point out the obvious.. br br NPR, ... (show quote)


Ok permie, fair enough. So you say its mission is to broadcast stuff that wouldn’t otherwise be on the radio, right? Why then can you count on them invariably taking a lefties slant on everything they cover? Surely there’s topics that could have a right thinking slant? Or even neutral.
Nope! I can’t listen to NPR long before my BS antenna starts tweaking me. It’s uniformly lefty.
Obviously lefties control the broadcast material. And made it their little fiefdom.
From your posts, I’m not surprised you listen to NPR.
I’ll take free open markets any day. And have you bothered to notice that lefty talk shows never succeed?

| Reply
Apr 12, 2019 21:45:37   #
Wolf counselor Loc: Heart of Texas
 
permafrost wrote:
Not at all, he was a fine liberal man with a great concern for open markets and so he made a new nation..

let us all bring it to the course he and his fellow wished it to be..


He's gonna be really cool once we put him on ice.



| Reply
Apr 13, 2019 06:56:45   #
Kevyn
 
waltmoreno wrote:
Thanks for the laffs. I also like to include lots of hearty laughter in my days to load up on those feel-good endorphins. And your posts are usually good for that.
Seriously, I can’t listen to CNN for a millisecond before my BS meter starts shrieking! Ditto for NPR. (There’s no wondering why NPR needs public $. They are incapable of competing in the free market.) I guess my BS meter is overly sensitive. I can last a little longer when being exposed to MSNBC and other lefty outlets but not by much.
My named sources feed, nourish and reflect what’s already inside me often completing my own thoughts and occasionally carrying me to the next step.
Thanks for the laffs. I also like to include lots ... (show quote)


NPR is a member supported organization that is not designed to compete in the free market they for the most part are commercial free. They have very high ratings in most markets.

| Reply
Apr 13, 2019 09:03:39   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
waltmoreno wrote:
Ok permie, fair enough. So you say its mission is to broadcast stuff that wouldn’t otherwise be on the radio, right? Why then can you count on them invariably taking a lefties slant on everything they cover? Surely there’s topics that could have a right thinking slant? Or even neutral.
Nope! I can’t listen to NPR long before my BS antenna starts tweaking me. It’s uniformly lefty.
Obviously lefties control the broadcast material. And made it their little fiefdom.
From your posts, I’m not surprised you listen to NPR.
I’ll take free open markets any day. And have you bothered to notice that lefty talk shows never succeed?
Ok permie, fair enough. So you say its mission is ... (show quote)



I no longer drive much, so I now seldom listen to NPR.. In truth, I always felt they were fair in the coverage..

Open markets are fine, when they are done in balance. these days we very seldom see open markets.

One thing every company is determined to do is make it much harder for new entries into the business.

I do not think I have ever run across a left wing talk show.. and i do wonder why..



| Reply
Apr 13, 2019 11:12:30   #
Fit2BTied Loc: Texas
 
Kevyn wrote:
Intelligent Americans dislike Fox News for a very different reason, it is because people who view Fox News are less informed than if they followed no news source at all. Think about this a news out let that deliberately makes you less knowledgeable. Here is an excerpt from a business dat article form 2012 that explains this.

Media outlets such as Fox News and MSNBC have a negative impact on people's current events knowledge while NPR and Sunday morning political talk shows are the most informative sources of news, according to Fairleigh Dickinson University's newest PublicMind survey.

Researchers asked 1,185 random nationwide respondents what news sources they had consumed in the past week and then asked them questions about events in the U.S. and abroad.

On average, people correctly answered 1.6 of 5 questions about domestic affairs.

Because the aim of the study was to isolate the effects of each type of news source, they then controlled for variables such as other news sources, partisanship, education and other demographic factors.


They found that someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer 1.04 domestic questions correctly compared to 1.22 for those who watched no news at all. Those watching only "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" answered 1.42 questions correctly and people who only listened to NPR or only watched Sunday morning political talk shows answered 1.51 questions correctly.

Whats to like about a media outlet that makes my fellow Americans dumber? God knows they are struggling enough already.
Intelligent Americans dislike Fox News for a very ... (show quote)
God how I love to pop your delusion balloons. NPR and a Fairleigh Dickinson's survey. Certainly no bias there, right Kevyn? Wait...uh...
NPR?
https://www.mrc.org/bozells-column/npr-admits-liberal-bias
Fairleigh Dickenson? Look, there's a place in the world for Liberal Arts and Humanities graduates - some one of my best friends admits to being one.





| Reply
Apr 13, 2019 14:13:14   #
Lt. Rob Polans ret.
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
Liberals hate FOX News is because without it they would be able to completely indoctrinate the general public to their extreme left wing, secular humanistic, socialist point of view. The same way they are doing to the students at in our public schools and colleges. Liberals long for a day when their own brand of PRAVDA is the only "news" source in America. FOX News divides those who seek to avoid the trap of being servants of the state from those who do not mind being that as long as they believe they will be cared for from cradle to the grave, if they are fortunate to make it to the cradle before they are state sanctioned murded.
Liberals hate FOX News is because without it they ... (show quote)


Agreed, but there are a few others besides Fox.

| Reply
Apr 14, 2019 01:57:22   #
Ricktloml
 
waltmoreno wrote:
Ok permie, fair enough. So you say its mission is to broadcast stuff that wouldn’t otherwise be on the radio, right? Why then can you count on them invariably taking a lefties slant on everything they cover? Surely there’s topics that could have a right thinking slant? Or even neutral.
Nope! I can’t listen to NPR long before my BS antenna starts tweaking me. It’s uniformly lefty.
Obviously lefties control the broadcast material. And made it their little fiefdom.
From your posts, I’m not surprised you listen to NPR.
I’ll take free open markets any day. And have you bothered to notice that lefty talk shows never succeed?
Ok permie, fair enough. So you say its mission is ... (show quote)


They all even use the exact same words. The laughably called mainstream media, has a narrative, they all repeat it verbatim. Fox isn't even conservative, they're just not in the tank completely for the left.

| Reply
Apr 14, 2019 09:31:58   #
debeda
 
Ricktloml wrote:
They all even use the exact same words. The laughably called mainstream media, has a narrative, they all repeat it verbatim. Fox isn't even conservative, they're just not in the tank completely for the left.


TRUTH, Rick

| Reply
Apr 14, 2019 12:15:55   #
Ricktloml
 
debeda wrote:
TRUTH, Rick


And the reason they are not totally in the tank for the left is not ideology, it's market share...they want independent and conservative viewers and they know they will lose them if they just parrot the narrative like the rest of the "media". The MSM is so hate filled, abusively biased and agenda driven they have given up any pretense of objectivity and spout the Democrat/socialist party line without exception...they aren't news, they are propaganda.

| Reply
Apr 14, 2019 12:22:04   #
debeda
 
Ricktloml wrote:
And the reason they are not totally in the tank for the left is not ideology, it's market share...they want independent and conservative viewers and they know they will lose them if they just parrot the narrative like the rest of the "media". The MSM is so hate filled, abusively biased and agenda driven they have given up any pretense of objectivity and spout the Democrat/socialist party line without exception...they aren't news, they are propaganda.



| Reply
Apr 14, 2019 14:15:55   #
Nickolai
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
Liberals hate FOX News is because without it they would be able to completely indoctrinate the general public to their extreme left wing, secular humanistic, socialist point of view. The same way they are doing to the students at in our public schools and colleges. Liberals long for a day when their own brand of PRAVDA is the only "news" source in America. FOX News divides those who seek to avoid the trap of being servants of the state from those who do not mind being that as long as they believe they will be cared for from cradle to the grave, if they are fortunate to make it to the cradle before they are state sanctioned murded.
Liberals hate FOX News is because without it they ... (show quote)





I don't hate Fox news I watched it ever night from 2000 to 2004 but got to where I couldn't take it any more but I don't hate I just don't go there anymore because every time I do I get pissed off and I don't like to be pissed off, I'd rather hear a good joke.

| Reply
Apr 14, 2019 14:40:51   #
debeda
 
Nickolai wrote:
I don't hate Fox news I watched it ever night from 2000 to 2004 but got to where I couldn't take it any more but I don't hate I just don't go there anymore because every time I do I get pissed off and I don't like to be pissed off, I'd rather hear a good joke.


That's how most conservatives feel about ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, CNN etc.

| Reply
Apr 14, 2019 15:10:32   #
waltmoreno
 
debeda wrote:
That's how most conservatives feel about ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, CNN etc.


I’m thinking it’s the orientation of the viewer. If Nicoli (sp) gets mad watching Fox, it’s cuz he doesn’t like what they’re putting out. IMHO Fox shoots pretty straight. They even have a lib gay newscaster in Shep Smith.
I can’t watch CNN at all cuz their message is always so hard left.

| Reply
Apr 14, 2019 15:12:55   #
debeda
 
waltmoreno wrote:
I’m thinking it’s the orientation of the viewer. If Nicoli (sp) gets mad watching Fox, it’s cuz he doesn’t like what they’re putting out. IMHO Fox shoots pretty straight. They even have a lib gay newscaster in Shep Smith.
I can’t watch CNN at all cuz their message is always so hard left.



| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.