One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Spicy Chicken Feet
Mar 29, 2019 08:38:56   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
Went shoping today and found some really nice chicken feet... It's one of my favorite snacks for movie night (especially since my wife won't touch them... So plenty for me and baby )

Ingredients:
6-12 fresh chicken feet...
(can break in half or leave whole)
2 fresh chili peppers or a dozen dried.Chopped
(double this if you like really spicy)
1 medium sized onion...Chopped
1 bulb of garlic... Chopped
1 finger sized chunk of ginger... Sliced
2 Tsp Cumin, 1/2 handful Bay leaves, 2 Star anise and 1/2 stick cinnamon...
1 tsp 13 spice...
Salt and pepper...

Set a pot to boil... Add a Tsp salt and half the ginger...
Scrub the chicken feet well and snip off the claws... (note: make sure all claws are accounted for and properly disposed of... Your wife may not appreciate finding one in her tea cup )

Boil the feet for about an hour... (note: this also makes excellent chicken broth )

In a pressure cooker heat up a layer of oil..
(3-5 Tsp is usually fine)
Make sure the feet are cool and dry and toss them in... Fry vigorously for about five minutes...
Add all of the spices and herbs and toss for about a minute....
Then add a 1/2 cup of water and cook at high pressure for about 15 minutes (remember to shake occasionally)...

Remove the feet from the cooker and allow to cool... Enjoy

Also: Adding curry is great too...

Or one can deep fry... Boil the feet for an hour...Let dry and cool...
Make a batter with eggs, salt and flour....
Dip twice and fry... Crispy and delicious





| Reply
Mar 29, 2019 09:57:05   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Went shoping today and found some really nice chicken feet... It's one of my favorite snacks for movie night (especially since my wife won't touch them... So plenty for me and baby )

Ingredients:
6-12 fresh chicken feet...
(can break in half or leave whole)
2 fresh chili peppers or a dozen dried.Chopped
(double this if you like really spicy)
1 medium sized onion...Chopped
1 bulb of garlic... Chopped
1 finger sized chunk of ginger... Sliced
2 Tsp Cumin, 1/2 handful Bay leaves, 2 Star anise and 1/2 stick cinnamon...
1 tsp 13 spice...
Salt and pepper...

Set a pot to boil... Add a Tsp salt and half the ginger...
Scrub the chicken feet well and snip off the claws... (note: make sure all claws are accounted for and properly disposed of... Your wife may not appreciate finding one in her tea cup )

Boil the feet for about an hour... (note: this also makes excellent chicken broth )

In a pressure cooker heat up a layer of oil..
(3-5 Tsp is usually fine)
Make sure the feet are cool and dry and toss them in... Fry vigorously for about five minutes...
Add all of the spices and herbs and toss for about a minute....
Then add a 1/2 cup of water and cook at high pressure for about 15 minutes (remember to shake occasionally)...

Remove the feet from the cooker and allow to cool... Enjoy

Also: Adding curry is great too...

Or one can deep fry... Boil the feet for an hour...Let dry and cool...
Make a batter with eggs, salt and flour....
Dip twice and fry... Crispy and delicious
Went shoping today and found some really nice chic... (show quote)


Lol!! It wasn't long ago that I put a package of chicken feet in our basket at Wal Mart when my wife wondered off. I went, and pretended to look at the grilling utensils while she placed our items on the counter for the cashier. When I heard a loud "Oh hell no!" I knew she had found them.

| Reply
Mar 29, 2019 10:00:20   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
archie bunker wrote:
Lol!! It wasn't long ago that I put a package of chicken feet in our basket at Wal Mart when my wife wondered off. I went, and pretended to look at the grilling utensils while she placed our items on the counter for the cashier. When I heard a loud "Oh hell no!" I knew she had found them.


Took me almost five years before I would Try one... Now I'm hooked...

Make good soup and an excellent snack....

| Reply
Mar 29, 2019 10:27:52   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Took me almost five years before I would Try one... Now I'm hooked...

Make good soup and an excellent snack....


I would probably try one given the chance. My wife just isn't gonna have it, though. At least in our house. They look more edible than raw oysters, and she loves those.

| Reply
Mar 29, 2019 10:59:27   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
archie bunker wrote:
I would probably try one given the chance. My wife just isn't gonna have it, though. At least in our house. They look more edible than raw oysters, and she loves those.


I like oysters barbecued with garlic and potato noodles... And chilis... Those are pretty popular over here...

Tried one raw once.... Didn't believe it til I saw the video.... Lot of beer that night... Had sea urchin too...

| Reply
Mar 29, 2019 11:19:19   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
I like oysters barbecued with garlic and potato noodles... And chilis... Those are pretty popular over here...

Tried one raw once.... Didn't believe it til I saw the video.... Lot of beer that night... Had sea urchin too...


I tried raw ones a coupla times. You can dope em up with Tabasco, or horseradish to hide the taste, but it doesn't change the texture!
Never tried sea urchin, or any of that stuff. Bleh!
Sushi.......nope! That ain't food, it's bait for catching food!

Funny how our food preferences are, isn't it? My wife will eat a testicle from a castrated bull calf, but won't touch, or cook the liver from a mature steer.

Question: Living where you do, have you ever tried horse meat? Ive heard it's a thing in Europe. There used to be a processing plant south of here that slaughtered horses for shipment overseas until they outlawed it. Just curious.

| Reply
Mar 29, 2019 15:59:25   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
archie bunker wrote:
I tried raw ones a coupla times. You can dope em up with Tabasco, or horseradish to hide the taste, but it doesn't change the texture!
Never tried sea urchin, or any of that stuff. Bleh!
Sushi.......nope! That ain't food, it's bait for catching food!

Funny how our food preferences are, isn't it? My wife will eat a testicle from a castrated bull calf, but won't touch, or cook the liver from a mature steer.

Question: Living where you do, have you ever tried horse meat? Ive heard it's a thing in Europe. There used to be a processing plant south of here that slaughtered horses for shipment overseas until they outlawed it. Just curious.
I tried raw ones a coupla times. You can dope em u... (show quote)


Not horse no... Though some eat it in Inner Mongolia... Donkey is considered a delicacy...
It Tastes "off".. Don't care for it...

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.