One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
killing snakes
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 next>>
Mar 23, 2019 10:46:06   #
Coos Bay Tom (a regular here)
 
Had some good weather for a few weeks. I got two roofs done and put in 120 of ditch and 2 culverts on my road.. Going to go get another truck Tuesday. When life gets tough just plow through it. Kill them snakes and knock those obstacles in the head.

| Reply
Mar 23, 2019 11:04:05   #
Canuckus Deploracus (a regular here)
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
Had some good weather for a few weeks. I got two roofs done and put in 120 of ditch and 2 culverts on my road.. Going to go get another truck Tuesday. When life gets tough just plow through it. Kill them snakes and knock those obstacles in the head.


Sound advice...

And good to know you keep a racket ready for redneck tennis

| Reply
Mar 23, 2019 11:05:40   #
slatten49 (a regular here)
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
Had some good weather for a few weeks. I got two roofs done and put in 120 of ditch and 2 culverts on my road.. Going to go get another truck Tuesday. When life gets tough just plow through it. Kill them snakes and knock those obstacles in the head.

That reminds me of a quote attributed to Will Rogers, "The best way out of a difficulty is through it."

| Reply
Mar 23, 2019 11:40:48   #
debeda (a regular here)
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
Had some good weather for a few weeks. I got two roofs done and put in 120 of ditch and 2 culverts on my road.. Going to go get another truck Tuesday. When life gets tough just plow through it. Kill them snakes and knock those obstacles in the head.


DANG aren't you the industrious guy!!! Go get em tiger!!!

| Reply
Mar 24, 2019 10:22:15   #
sisboombaa (a regular here)
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
Had some good weather for a few weeks. I got two roofs done and put in 120 of ditch and 2 culverts on my road.. Going to go get another truck Tuesday. When life gets tough just plow through it. Kill them snakes and knock those obstacles in the head.


Here, here, here.(or is it hear, hear, hear. With so any spelling police around one can't be too careful.) Anyway, on with my speech.

Leave the poor snakes alone. they have a tough enough life without you or any of us adding to it. Speaking of snakes, do you know the biggest killers of snakes; it's ants. If a poor snake makes the mistake of crossing over an ant hill the ants attack it by the thousands. Horrible way to go.

| Reply
Mar 24, 2019 11:32:22   #
Coos Bay Tom (a regular here)
 
sisboombaa wrote:
Here, here, here.(or is it hear, hear, hear. With so any spelling police around one can't be too careful.) Anyway, on with my speech.

Leave the poor snakes alone. they have a tough enough life without you or any of us adding to it. Speaking of snakes, do you know the biggest killers of snakes; it's ants. If a poor snake makes the mistake of crossing over an ant hill the ants attack it by the thousands. Horrible way to go.
I am nice to actual snakes but I am nobodys friend when it comes to work. I want to get er done. Get outa the way or get run over.
A little note about my kindness to actual snakes--- I was retrofiting a foundation on a house when I uncovered a ball of several hundred garden snakes. I gently carried them in my bare hands to a safe place and set them up with a new hibernation spot. Another time I uncovered over 100 bats under a single roof ridge cap. I carried handfulls of them in my bare hands to a shaded spot under an eave and they all survived un hurt. I don't kill spiders either.

| Reply
Mar 24, 2019 11:40:06   #
Canuckus Deploracus (a regular here)
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
I am nice to actual snakes but I am nobodys friend when it comes to work. I want to get er done. Get outa the way or get run over.
A little note about my kindness to actual snakes--- I was retrofiting a foundation on a house when I uncovered a ball of several hundred garden snakes. I gently carried them in my bare hands to a safe place and set them up with a new hibernation spot. Another time I uncovered over 100 bats under a single roof ridge cap. I carried handfulls of them in my bare hands to a shaded spot under an eave and they all survived un hurt. I don't kill spiders either.
I am nice to actual snakes but I am nobodys friend... (show quote)


Once as a young boy I transplanted a colony of caterpillars into the plants in the livingroom...
Glad my mom didn't haveva shovel handy

| Reply
Mar 24, 2019 11:44:00   #
Coos Bay Tom (a regular here)
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Once as a young boy I transplanted a colony of caterpillars into the plants in the livingroom...
Glad my mom didn't haveva shovel handy


I am certain that they turned into beautiful butterfiys

| Reply
Mar 24, 2019 11:45:03   #
Canuckus Deploracus (a regular here)
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
I am certain that the turned into beautiful butterfiys


That was the plan...
My mom was not a big fan of bugs...
It was a massacre...

| Reply
Mar 24, 2019 11:49:07   #
Coos Bay Tom (a regular here)
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
That was the plan...
My mom was not a big fan of bugs...
It was a massacre...


Moms are like that. When I told the lady about the bats I discovered on her roof she went into a panic attack and wanted me to kill them. I gave her husband a heads up when he got home and he got her calmed down. The next day he told me he had bats roosting all over the rafters in his garage lol.

| Reply
Mar 24, 2019 13:39:08   #
Peewee (a regular here)
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
Moms are like that. When I told the lady about the bats I discovered on her roof she went into a panic attack and wanted me to kill them. I gave her husband a heads up when he got home and he got her calmed down. The next day he told me he had bats roosting all over the rafters in his garage lol.


That sounds like it might be hard on auto paint and tools, like living under a chicken coop. Though I hear it makes a great fertilizer. Caves must be getting harder to find or all the good ones are taken.

| Reply
Mar 24, 2019 13:59:53   #
debeda (a regular here)
 
Peewee wrote:
That sounds like it might be hard on auto paint and tools, like living under a chicken coop. Though I hear it makes a great fertilizer. Caves must be getting harder to find or all the good ones are taken.


I dunno. Bats live all over. We had a lot that lived in the trees behind our house when I was a kid. They used to dive bomb us to get a drink of water from the pool when we were swimming at night

| Reply
Mar 24, 2019 23:50:44   #
Peewee (a regular here)
 
debeda wrote:
I dunno. Bats live all over. We had a lot that lived in the trees behind our house when I was a kid. They used to dive bomb us to get a drink of water from the pool when we were swimming at night


My brother, uncle, and I would stand under a street light as kids and swing away at them with a baseball bat. Out of about 50,000 swings, my uncle got a grand total of one.

| Reply
Mar 24, 2019 23:54:57   #
debeda (a regular here)
 
Peewee wrote:
My brother, uncle, and I would stand under a street light as kids and swing away at them with a baseball bat. Out of about 50,000 swings, my uncle got a grand total of one.


LOL babe Ruth he aint

| Reply
Mar 24, 2019 23:59:53   #
Peewee (a regular here)
 
debeda wrote:
LOL babe Ruth he aint


Neither was my brother or me. We got zero.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.