One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Are you pro or against Death Penalty???
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7
Mar 16, 2019 13:37:43   #
bahmer (a regular here)
 
Larry the Legend wrote:
I find it interesting that nobody has asked the purpose of the death penalty. OK, so you kill someone for committing some 'heinous' crime (some would call it vengeful murder, but that's another argument for another day). In the grand scheme of things, (s)he was going to die anyway, so where's the punishment? You made them die on a given day at a given time, instead of just waiting for nature to take its course? Now there's a special punishment! You really nailed it on that one!

You might argue that people fear death and that by killing them, you are bringing about their worst fear. To that I say fine, now all you have to do is find a way to make sure the convict has sufficient fear of death to make it a fitting punishment. Many people do not fear dying, I can attest to that fact. To them, death is not a punishment and to some, it might even be seen as a form of 'release'.

I see the death penalty as a way for people to permanently rid their neighborhood of those they deem evil or who pose a physical threat to them or their families.

Whether you argue for or against putting criminals to death, you have to recognize that it is an effective and permanent solution to an age-old problem.
I find it interesting that nobody has asked the pu... (show quote)


Amen and Amen

| Reply
Mar 16, 2019 22:17:57   #
johnsorrell7
 
Convicted of a capital crime gets the needle. He or she should be taken off the street. If not, there’s a chance it will Happen again. Why pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to house a life without parole criminal, end result is the same...

| Reply
Mar 17, 2019 00:23:22   #
EN Submarine Qualified
 
johnsorrell7 wrote:
Convicted of a capital crime gets the needle. He or she should be taken off the street. If not, there’s a chance it will Happen again. Why pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to house a life without parole criminal, end result is the same...


I think you raise a valid point. Life without parole is a death sentence anyway. What is this person accomplishing while sitting on death row that benefits himself or anyone else? I really believe faced with that situation where all I had to look forward to would be another day of the same I'd be happy to see the end coming. I guess they are hoping for a miracle and they will be sprung someday.
Just had a similar discussion with my wife on the same subject when it was on the news this little 2 year's body was found in Minnesota. The father is the suspect in her kidnapping and death as well as the death of the child's mother.
A prime candidate for whatever death penalty that is awarded but don't goof around for 20 years. Conviction followed by one appeal. Found guilty by the appeals court, the end is in sight.(Certainly within a year).

| Reply
Mar 17, 2019 09:10:42   #
Larry the Legend (a regular here)
 
EN Submarine Qualified wrote:
I think you raise a valid point. Life without parole is a death sentence anyway. What is this person accomplishing while sitting on death row that benefits himself or anyone else? I really believe faced with that situation where all I had to look forward to would be another day of the same I'd be happy to see the end coming. I guess they are hoping for a miracle and they will be sprung someday.
Just had a similar discussion with my wife on the same subject when it was on the news this little 2 year's body was found in Minnesota. The father is the suspect in her kidnapping and death as well as the death of the child's mother.
A prime candidate for whatever death penalty that is awarded but don't goof around for 20 years. Conviction followed by one appeal. Found guilty by the appeals court, the end is in sight.(Certainly within a year).
I think you raise a valid point. Life without par... (show quote)

Whatever happened to the good old days when a killer was sentenced in the morning and hung in the afternoon?

| Reply
Mar 17, 2019 11:11:02   #
padremike (a regular here)
 
Larry the Legend wrote:
Whatever happened to the good old days when a killer was sentenced in the morning and hung in the afternoon?


The answer to your question is a group of people as dangerous to our Republic as Progressives and CNN & MSNBC; we call them......Lawyers! 60% of the lawyers in the entire world practice in America.

| Reply
Mar 17, 2019 16:02:00   #
Wonttakeitanymore (a regular here)
 
I tried to post a story regarding a 16 year old that was stalked and murdered in Moreno Valley, named Norma Lopez! The killer was just found guilty after 7 years and they are seeking the death penalty even though Gavin nuesance out givernore by illegal fraudulent vote has now placed a moratorium on the death penalty, which calif voters have unanimously voted in favor at least three times on the ballot, one time was just the last election! Who do these creton governors think they are? Time to call him with our anger over this! Here’s his number 9164452841. They will keep killing knowing they won’t get punished!

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.